PDA

View Full Version : Psychic predictions

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 12:27 AM
A week ago I got a reading and surprisingly this person was very accurate. This person told of how when I was 12 how someone beated me up for 2 straight years and finally after 2 years how I finally had enough of this person and left them. Also this person told me about my 16th birthday and the disappoint I suffered when not a single person showed up. Since this person was on a streak I decided to ask about the future of the Star Wars line. This is what the person said. I also believe that this person had no prior knowledge to much of Star Wars, as well, this person found it to be an unusual request. I was told this was the first time that he was asked this question.

2005: Star Wars will be at its strongest ever and toys will be worth their most ever.
Then the person told me what happens in five year intervals
2010: Production of toys has ceased. No one is collecting and toys are worth zilch
2015: Trading has returned and the value has increased. Still no toys in production
2020: Value remains the same but production has slowly started up again.

There you go. Take the info as you like. I belive there to be accuracy in this prediction.

Chiesa
10-01-2003, 12:39 AM
I do not know if this prediction is correct. But I guess it is coming from the point where there isn't anymore movies in the making am I correct? I definitely this is not what is gonna happen anyway. Star Wars FOREVER!!

Exhaust Port
10-01-2003, 12:45 AM
Interesting. I wouldn't be suprised to see the future of SW toys parallel what was said by the psychic.

stillakid
10-01-2003, 12:50 AM
A week ago I got a reading and surprisingly this person was very accurate. This person told of how when I was 12 how someone beated me up for 2 straight years and finally after 2 years how I finally had enough of this person and left them. Also this person told me about my 16th birthday and the disappoint I suffered when not a single person showed up. Since this person was on a streak I decided to ask about the future of the Star Wars line. This is what the person said. I also believe that this person had no prior knowledge to much of Star Wars, as well, this person found it to be an unusual request. I was told this was the first time that he was asked this question.

2005: Star Wars will be at its strongest ever and toys will be worth their most ever.
Then the person told me what happens in five year intervals
2010: Production of toys has ceased. No one is collecting and toys are worth zilch
2015: Trading has returned and the value has increased. Still no toys in production

There you go. Take the info as you like. I belive there to be accuracy in this prediction.

Did you happen to ask him about Qualcomm?

Oh, you should have asked about where we might find Weapons of Mass Destruction! (http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/). :D

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 12:54 AM
Sorry stillakid but that was one of the last things on my mind at that moment.

2-1B
10-01-2003, 02:40 AM
I predict that I will be the sixth person to post in this thread. :)

Exhaust Port
10-01-2003, 09:35 AM
I predict that I will be the sixth person to post in this thread. :)
WOW :eek: You're amazing!!!!

bobafrett
10-01-2003, 09:40 AM
How strange that the years were 5 years apart, 2005, 2010, 2015, 2020.

In 2015 I will be 50 and I predict that I will still have my Star Wars collection.

billfremore
10-01-2003, 10:03 AM
I predict that by 2015 there will have been 15 different DVD of the Star Wars movies versions released and we will naturally feel we need to own them all.

I also predict that I will be older than I am now.

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 10:18 AM
How strange that the years were 5 years apart, 2005, 2010, 2015, 2020.

In 2015 I will be 50 and I predict that I will still have my Star Wars collection.

I asked the psychic to tell me in 5 year intervals.

stillakid
10-01-2003, 12:37 PM
I predict that by 2015 there will have been 15 different DVD of the Star Wars movies versions released and we will naturally feel we need to own them all.

I also predict that I will be older than I am now.

My psychic (actually just a computer program I downloaded) told me that by 2015, DVD's will go the way of 8-tracks and George will just have periodic downloadable updates of the latest versions of the saga, ala Microsoft updates. Of course by then, your Video IPOD would be able to play it except that the MPAA will have joined the RIAA in suing the bejeesus out of anyone who downloads anything.

Jaff
10-01-2003, 12:38 PM
You are great Sensei plo Koon, and that is why you are on the council.

In my view I predict that 2004 will be the best year for SW. 2005 will continue the stength for one year or two.

The 3 3/4 figs will end in 2007
The 12" will end around 2010 with a new fig being released like holiday barbie once in a while.
2015 will have the training

But after that no new figs will be made again because we will live in virtual reality! :crazed:

Val Da Car
10-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Three words for you guys...

Star

Wars

Cartoons!!!!!

Jaff
10-01-2003, 04:10 PM
The fan base for the cartoons are nowhere compared to holding the SW licence for years to come. Remember Droids and Ewoks. Those were not successful in the end, and most fans will jump ship if movie base material is not comming through. EU stuff is just there to prolonge the innevitable.

darthzirock
10-01-2003, 04:42 PM
I predict that once George Lucas shuffles off this mortal coil, his heirs will immediately start production on Star Wars Episodes VII-XXX, as well as Star Wars: The TV Series and Star Wars: The Musical, and anything else that will make them richer than Bill Gates! :evil:

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 04:46 PM
I predict that once George Lucas shuffles off this mortal coil, his heirs will immediately start production on Star Wars Episodes VII-XXX, as well as Star Wars: The TV Series and Star Wars: The Musical, and anything else that will make them richer than Bill Gates! :evil:

Ah but you mustn't forget that Lucas has legalities in place so that no one can touch his movies after his death.

billfremore
10-01-2003, 04:53 PM
My psychic (actually just a computer program I downloaded) told me that by 2015, DVD's will go the way of 8-tracks and George will just have periodic downloadable updates of the latest versions of the saga, ala Microsoft updates. Of course by then, your Video IPOD would be able to play it except that the MPAA will have joined the RIAA in suing the bejeesus out of anyone who downloads anything.

Bwahahahaha.
Scary but very, very likely.

I predict that any association of artists will sue anyone who doesn't pay for their "art".

2-1B
10-02-2003, 12:49 AM
We, the posters at SSG, should sue all the lurkers for reading our posts without providing us adequate financial compensation.

Boba Fetish
10-02-2003, 03:19 AM
Plo Koon 200: If you run into this person again you should ask him if we're going to get Kitik Keed'Kak. :D

darthzirock
10-02-2003, 03:43 AM
Ah but you mustn't forget that Lucas has legalities in place so that no one can touch his movies after his death.
Ever heard of probate court? Also, I'm sure that his heirs would find some way around such legalities. If not, then his grandchildren can just wait for the copyrights to expire and beat everyone into production on a Star Wars holodisc.

jedi master sal
10-02-2003, 12:02 PM
The original prediction probably isn't too far from the truth.

I do think that there will still be people collecting for sometime though after EPIII. Now that there is a big aftermarket for these toys, we'll be able to go to Conventions, buy from the net and so on for years to come.

As to production of toys starting up again, I highly doubt it unless a new prequel is made, which I hope for.

Even with legalities in place they can be over come. Someone with enough money could conceivably bribe a judge into ruling his way and sliding some of the profits to that judge. Or again, someone with enough money might be able to just buy out that stipulation from Lucas's heirs. Or the most likely if anything at all, Lucas's heirs will produce the movies themselves or outright sell the rights to someone who will produce another trilogy.

stillakid
10-02-2003, 12:43 PM
The original prediction probably isn't too far from the truth.

I do think that there will still be people collecting for sometime though after EPIII. Now that there is a big aftermarket for these toys, we'll be able to go to Conventions, buy from the net and so on for years to come.

I agree, though it doesn't take a psychic to figure out the probable future of Star Wars toys. Just looking at the history of interest and retail distribution as it ebbs and flows will show clearly that within 10 months or so after EpIII has left the building, retailers will cut back radically on ordering product. Hasbro will take that as a sign that there isn't enough interest to justify the effort anymore and it will come to an end. New offerings, like new Saturday morning cartoons or (god forbid) another television special might help keep some product moving for a little while. The Super Nifty DVD releases will also most likely keep some spark alive and thus extend the inevitable by just a few months. But I say that by 2008 on the outside, Hasbro will effectively shut it down. Hopefully not, because after Episode III comes out, they'll mostly ignore the vast array of still unmined characters, playsets, and vehicles from the OT to concentrate on the new film. Maybe the Super Nifty DVD's will give them the excuse to jump headlong down that road, but if not, this time right here and now is the only really good opportunity left to see those obscure "wants" made.

Old Fossil
10-04-2003, 08:42 AM
I predict that in 2015, the last, long-suffering Ric Olie figure still at retail will be stolen from its bargain bin at a retail salvage store, marking the end of the Episode I toy glut.

I predict that, in the year 2525, archaeologists in what was once Rhode Island will unearth a gigantic cache of boxes, buried under the rotting foundations of an old warehouse. The boxes contain the fabled "Lost Wave" -- TC-14, R2-B1, Sio Bibble, Ascencion Gun Amidala, and Holo Sidious.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-04-2003, 10:23 AM
lol

I predict that once SW toys fail to be produced, millions of nerds like myself will find something that they never deemed possible: a surplus of money in our bank accounts!!! :D

Nah, they'll be something else we're all going to waste our money on. hehehehehehehehehe :p

Mandalorian Candidat
10-04-2003, 05:41 PM
In 2015 I will finally have enought JMPs to buy even the lowliest of auctions. Of course by then I'll be the mean old guy on the corner yelling at all the kids to shut up and get the hell off my lawn.

plo koon 200
10-12-2003, 03:12 PM
lol

I predict that once SW toys fail to be produced, millions of nerds like myself will find something that they never deemed possible: a surplus of money in our bank accounts!!! :D

Nah, they'll be something else we're all going to waste our money on. hehehehehehehehehe :p

Like bug collecting. We could then collect all the coachroaches and call them the new unproduced Darth Vader figure.

LTBasker
10-12-2003, 03:58 PM

2018: Hasbro loses license and may cease to renew if the line is hardly worth anything from 2010-2015. Ownage.

I predict you should get your money back. :D

sith_killer_99
10-12-2003, 04:21 PM

Is this just for the modern line or does that apply to the vintage stuff as well?

Also, I will still be collecting in 2010, especially if the figures aren't worth much. This actually sound like a golden period for collectors. I mean think about it, this will be our oportunity to take a break from the constant barage of new product and flesh out our collections, at reasonable prices. Fill in any holes and maybe, just maybe get a FF US carded Weequay for less than $300.00! lol

Further proof that SW never really dies. After 5 years of great collecting it seems some folks will finally try to squeeze a little cash from the hobby.

Yeah, by this time Hasbro should no longer have the rights to produce SW, maybe we will get someone who actually CARES, like Kenner used to. :D

Oh and I will by 40 something and retired from military service!

fishyfett
10-13-2003, 11:20 AM
All good predictions, mateys!!!! :D And hopefully, I for one will see this come to an end, perhaps by 2010. When no more figures or vehicles are produced, I can start saving for that nice, long vacation, called retirement. Then, I can start opening all my carded figures one day at a time. But then again, I maybe dead before I stop collecting. That case, I want all my action figures melted and form a cast of my corpse like a carbonite block. Then I can be displayed, too, instead of being 6 feet below the ground. Preserved, not eaten by worms. Ewww..... :dead: