PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Master Points Auction a total joke!

Jawa Pinocchio
10-01-2003, 12:39 PM
:confused: I was totally disheartened by the direction Hasbro took with the half baked Jedi Master point’s auction. Come on you have to have a huge vault full of these points to bid on anything! The people on the east coast get first dibs on any auction items, and the west coasters get the last bid. Hasbro clearly dropped the ball with this auction; they did not think this thing threw.
I was under the impression that there would be all sorts of items on the auction block at once, similar to an e-bay style auction. But no we only get a hand full of items to bid on at once! It’s like saying there are five pieces of bread left for an entire city full of starving people, go postal!
Level off the playing field Hasbro, add more items so every one gets a chance at using there points. I thought the whole idea behind the auction was to reward Hasbro’s loyal collectors, not just a few mega Collector/Dealers who purchased extra points on e-bay.

It would have been so much better if they used the points like they used the Gi-Joe flag points back in the 80’s, via a catalog where you had your options of items and the number of points clearly marked for the purchase of the item you were interested in buying. Hell I would pay for shipping and handling if I have to.
:mad:
E-mail/Call the nitwits at Hasbro and give them a mouthful of you grips, let them know that this auction sucks *** and you are mad as hell!

http://hasbro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/hasbro.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 02:22 PM
I'm with you. Actually I'm madder than Hell. I have started a petition. Go put your name it. I have e-mailed them as well. They probably wont look at. Personally I want to call them and talk to the person responsible for this mess. I think he will find my hostility very enjoyable and hopefully change the current course of action that is occuring.

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 02:24 PM
PS I think that this was the worst thing in Star Wars history. Heck this is worse than that Han/Greedo shooting first or Jar Jar fiasco.

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 02:30 PM
Oh Jawa Pinocchio welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy it here and participate in the other discussions. There are a few other discussions about JMP's in some other areas of the forums. You may want to check them out.

Jawa Pinocchio
10-01-2003, 02:35 PM
We all should e-mail/Call Hasbro about how lame this auction is. You have to be a Mega Collector/Dealer who has a vault full of points to bid on these few items. It's a total joke!
I was under the impression that this reward to all the loyal customers of the Star Wars line. I was lead to believe that this would be an E-Bay style auction full of multiple Star Wars Hasbro 3 3/4 figures and accessories! Not an auction that the average collector has no hopes of participating in.
I have been a collector of Star Wars figures since I was three years old back in 78. I love the new line (not so much the permanently posed inaction figures that have popped up lately) and I think that I should be able to be a part of this auction. I have spent thousands on the figures/play sets, and vehicles since they were brought back in 95, and this is how Hasbro pays me back for years of customer loyalty? By slapping me in the face with this?

:mad: This sucks *** , and we should let Hasbro know in mass that we donít like what is going on with this half baked auction of thereís.

Hasbro (800) 327-8264 8am-4pm EST

Or e-mail them
http://hasbro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/hasbro.cfg/php/enduser/age_verify.php?p_next_page=ask.php

:Pirate: I think that we all should seriously e-mail them and call them so they get the point early enough so something can be done about this scam. Hit other boards/sites and spread the word!
If Hasbro sees how many fans they disappointed/****** off with this ďauctionĒ they will have to do something about it. Remember that there is strength in numbers!
:Pirate: May the Force Be with You All!

bobafrett
10-01-2003, 02:57 PM
An e-mail was sent by me to Hasbro. I doubt this will change their mind, but if we get enough people to do this, well the power is in the #'s!

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 03:09 PM
I have just e-mailed Hasbro and recieved a hasty response. Here it is.

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your opinions with us regarding the Jedi Auction.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. We will share your comments with our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.

bobafrett
10-01-2003, 03:16 PM
Wow, that's the same response I got from them. I did see somewhere in my e-mail it says STATUS: Waiting. So this may not be the final word we hear from them.

El Chuxter
10-01-2003, 03:18 PM
I doubt contacting them directly will do any good, even in large numbers. Hopefully they'll see all the collecting boards light up with complaints and change their minds before too much damage is done.

jedi master sal
10-01-2003, 03:53 PM
I'm not siding with hasbro, but they do say that this is a test auction.

Give them a chance. 2 of the 4 items up for auction weren't produced in high quantities anyway, so having more than one doesn't really matter.

Besides let's say they put out 50 Sacul's or the Cantina set w/Kitak, don't you think that there are more than 50 mega collectors with mega points that could bid on these?

They are not going to run hundreds of auctions at one time. At least not at the begining and I dare say they shouldn't run that many anyway.

Besides, what they do have in high quantities that they could choose to use for auction, people don't want or already have. Could you imagine if Hasbro put up 200 auctions for 3 3/4 Darth Maul's? People wouldn't bid and complain about that as well.

Jeesh, this program is in its infancy, give them a chance. If we all started complaining from the get go they could also decide it's not worth the hassle and drop the whole dang thing...

So, just take it, as it comes for now, and see where it goes.

I don't agree either, but I'm willing to wait it out. We all have so far...

jjreason
10-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Some "Tycho" out there has already bid up Kitik to over 17000 JM Points!!! Holy crap, I didn't think there were that many points in existance!!!! I will be checking the auctions, but my hope is that they'll offer some common stuff that will close out at lower values. With around 3000 points to spend, I won't be getting that Toy Fair Vader I'd hoped for, unless they put up 100 of them at the same time.

billfremore
10-01-2003, 05:04 PM
Thank god all that canadian packaging had the jedi points for us canadians to collect so when the time something could be done with them, WE COULDN'T USE THEM BECAUSE WE'RE NOT IN THE U.S.!!!!

Thank you again Hasbro. :frus:

God I miss Kenner

bobafett07728
10-01-2003, 05:15 PM
These auctions are a dissapointment. Everyone still wants Saculs, and the Cantina scene. . . do I really need to mention that? So they offer 10 Saculs. . . pretty cool, but only 1 Kitik!?!?!?!? You've got to be kidding me!?!?!? And it is already at an absolutely ridiculous amount of Jedi Master Points, you mean to tell me someone actually has 17,840 points (approx. 3400 loose figures) laying around!?!?!?! These auctions are going to be almost impossible to win. Even look at the other "less" demandable auctions. 2000 points for an Ultimate Jango is a lot, especially considering that the auction doesn't end for 7 more days. So how high will these actually get? Do you realize how many toys had to be purchased (and opened) to amass such a large quantity of points?!?!?! If my memory serves me well, I remember the amount of points on a toy was roughly close to the retail price of the toy. That would mean a 12" figure is about 20 points? (If I am really incorrect. . . please tell me. . . I don't have any of my figures with me at work.) So that means that it "cost" $17,000 for the Kitik figure (so far.) And just for fun. . . I did an eBay search for Hedi Master Points. . . and surprise surprise!!!! I found a ton of auctions, and the closing bids were even more dissapointing. For about 3,000 points (and I am approximating here, I don't feel like going back to my eBay search) it costs about $125!?!? So for someone who doesn't have points, but wants one of these items. . . like a Kitik. . . they a "s.o.l." (pardon my French.) So. . . do they shell out a ton of $ to get figures to open up, shell out a ton of $ to buy "points", pray for the day that Hasbro produces this figure, or keep there fingers crossed that a sample will appear on eBay that they can afford? I am overall. . . grossly dissapointed at this. I would have rather Hasbro had given us a catalog (even if it had nothing of "SUPER" value), than auction off high-demand items that, once again, majority of the collectors won't be able to get.

jjreason
10-01-2003, 05:57 PM
FOR ALL CANADIANS WANTING TO BID WITH YOUR POINTS......

I can help you. If you win, you can use my brother's mailing address in Cleveland. He will then bring the items up to London, Ontario when he visits my parents (approx every 2 weeks). Pickup or shipping from London would be your responsibility - but it gets you in the game. I'll post this same offer in all the auction threads. PM me if you're interested.

jedihunter25
10-01-2003, 07:20 PM
They should just drop this whole Judgement Day/ Armageddon Auction. I mean come on, only one Kitik????? What a joke. That really ticks me off- almost to the point to where I want to put in a bid of 1,000,000 Jedimaster Points (that ofcorse I don't have) just to **** them off. But don't worry- I won't, I'm sure someone else that's upset will.

They should just do the Jedi Master Points like any normal company would- not like a tweeked-out Hutt on crack!!!! Something like a mail-away thing instead of a greedy failure of an auction. For instance- maybe 2000 points for Kitik or 3250 for Toyfair Vader.

jedihunter25
10-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Now the Kitik is up to 500,000 points (dealer or not, no one has this many points)- congradulations Hasbro on your complete failure of an auction, what the hell were you guys thinking????????

jjreason
10-01-2003, 08:37 PM
That is pretty stupid. This would likely be working better if they were randomly putting up things with "buy it now" type points values, and the first however many people clicking in get the certificates to redeem. People would have to check back frequently to see what was going up, and for how much it was going.... they could even salt in some really low values on awesome stuff just to keep people checking back all the time. Maybe they'll read this thread, they have over 3 months of this planned.

bobafrett
10-02-2003, 01:07 AM
Well, I think I've counted at least 5 different threads on the JMP's. Maybe someone should have a poll on this highly debated subject, though it seems that most are very upset about this subject.

I sent a complaint letter/e-mail to Hasbro and attached a picture of my carded figures.

Boba Fetish
10-02-2003, 02:43 AM
Just wanted rant on along with everyone. I agree wholehartedly once again on the fifth or so thread regarding JMP auctions. This would have been great for special packaged figures, rare variations, promotional items like the massive Millenium Falcon we saw years ago in Toys r Us's, but noooooo, put a highly sought after item that everyone wants on the auction block so that only a few can be rewarded with it. Nice going. Oh by the way, I want a Kitik Keed'Kak Hasbro.

hellboy73
10-02-2003, 02:54 AM
:mad: Shame on Hasbro!
I got that lame excuse of an e-mail from them as well. I am going to call the 800 number tomorrow all day from work just to pee them off!
I am also going to have a hacker friend send them a mass e-mail.
I suggest that all of you keep e-mailing and calling. They will have to submit to their customer base. :greedy: We are after all their bread and butter.
It would be so much easier if they had done an online catalog from with you could use your Jedi Master Points like the Gi-Joe flag points from the 80ís toy line.

:Pirate: Donít forget to spread the word to other sites, some big media chain might get wind of this, and get it out to a larger market.
Anyone post at Toy fare magazine, and Star Wars.com sites?

Keep the faith!

May the Force Be With You!

Warstar
10-03-2003, 07:05 AM
Ktik is down to 50,000 now...

I don't post much in this forum, but I did want to say that I completely, totally and utterly AGREE with everyone! This Jedi Master Points thing is a FIASCO!

After collecting Star Wars toys since their re-release in 1995, and seeing the Jedi Master points for the first time in the Episode 1 line, I was hoping they'd do more mail-aways or special premiums that were available to ALL that had the points...

I did, literally, save EVERY SINGLE PACKAGE of my opened figures- which is in the 800 figure range- (to say nothing of my closed ones)- WAITING for Hasbro to DO something with those points...

Now, sadly, I have stopped collecting (I've had enough) and just before the end of the Power of the Jedi Line, I was out of it all. I still have ALL my Episode 1 cards- including some 100 or so for the Battle Droid Army I built alone- but where are they? Storage- in places I can't get to, about to be thrown away, places I don't remember because I stopped caring, ETC.

Point being is that this is 4 years too late!

*SIGH* We have to accept the fact that after 2005, Star Wars as a toy line will die. By 2007 and the 30th anniversary of "Star Wars: A New Hope," we might see a special pack released every year or so- but the toy line, ultimately, WILL pass on into history UNLESS George thinks of more stuff and films it.

I might actually collect Episode 3 figures when the time comes for the end of the line, since those of us who have been in the hobby for years remember what happened to the original Power of the Force line...coins and all.

Still, I wish I knew where all my points were now- I would have kept better track of them had I known that they would have finally MEANT something...

Oh and by the way-

I know I had at least 500,000 points... it's not impossible if you go as far back as Episode 1 and the mass-clearance crap you might have bought just because you could (which was a LOT for me) to dig out your points.

I wonder if Galoob's "Star Wars Points" on the old Action Fleet ships count for anything? Oh well...we may never know...

Thanks, Hasbro, for "Collectively" making me quit buying your Star Wars toys.

jjreason
10-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Just so everyone's aware, Kebco has Kitik Keedkak on their exclusives page (for members of their figure clubs) going for 12.95 us plus shipping. Much cheaper than blowing all your points on the auctions or all your $ on ebay. Have a look.

Boba Fetish
10-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Just so everyone's aware, Kebco has Kitik Keedkak on their exclusives page (for members of their figure clubs) going for 12.95 us plus shipping. Much cheaper than blowing all your points on the auctions or all your $ on ebay. Have a look.

Thanks for the tip. Their site was going under maintenance in two minutes when I checked their members club so I didn't want to risk trying to cram all my information in that short a time budget but when I do later I'll let people know how I fared.

droidekas2
10-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Does it say when they will have him available or is it just a preorder with no date in sight?? Like what Brian's Toys is doing?