PDA

View Full Version : 12" line TRU exclusives???

derek
10-01-2003, 02:56 PM
an individual at rebelscum claims to have met a hasbro rep at a wal-mart and claims this rep told him the future 12 inch releases will be released only at toys 'r us. the rep claims that target and wal mart no longer want to carry this line.

sir steve... jeditricks... can your hasbro sources confirm this?

better yet, why dosen't hasbro just sell the 12 inch rights to sideshow? hasbro has proven over and over they have no interest in making real quality collectible 12 inch figures. :mad:

Exhaust Port
10-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Eventually they be down to making 3 figures a year and they'll be exclusive to a store in rural Nebraska.

Turbowars
10-01-2003, 06:48 PM
an individual at rebelscum claims to have met a hasbro rep at a wal-mart and claims this rep told him the future 12 inch releases will be released only at toys 'r us. the rep claims that target and wal mart no longer want to carry this line.

better yet, why dosen't hasbro just sell the 12 inch rights to sideshow? hasbro has proven over and over they have no interest in making real quality collectible 12 inch figures. :mad: Hell Sideshow stopped making 12" figures too!

derek
10-01-2003, 07:33 PM
Hell Sideshow stopped making 12" figures too!

what are you talking about? sideshow is releasing new figures every month. i just saw the new jason and freddy kruger today, and they are awesome. i bought ***** galore and doc holiday last week. they previewed some awesome buffy and angel figures and just revealed their new james bond hallie berry and villian figures today. :confused:

Turbowars
10-01-2003, 07:41 PM
what are you talking about? sideshow is releasing new figures every month. i just saw the new jason and freddy kruger today, and they are awesome. i bought ***** galore and doc holiday last week. they previewed some awesome buffy and angel figures and just revealed their new james bond hallie berry and villian figures today. :confused: Oh I just meant they stopped making some other their other lines like the twilight Zones.

derek
10-01-2003, 08:00 PM
Oh I just meant they stopped making some other their other lines like the twilight Zones.

that's true, and i understand they don't have the rights to universal monsters any longer, but they have some really nice figures coming out soon.

i don't even like horror movies, but i'll definately be buying freddy, jason, leatherface, and michael myers. they all look super. and as i said above, buffy and angel look really cool. and spike and faith are coming next.

oh, how i'd love to see sideshow make 12 inch star wars, lord of the rings, matrix, terminator and indiana jones figures! :eek: :happy: :cool:

Turbowars
10-01-2003, 08:08 PM
that's true, and i understand they don't have the rights to universal monsters any longer, but they have some really nice figures coming out soon.

i don't even like horror movies, but i'll definately be buying freddy, jason, leatherface, and michael myers. they all look super. and as i said above, buffy and angel look really cool. and spike and faith are coming next.

oh, how i'd love to see sideshow make 12 inch star wars, lord of the rings, matrix, terminator and indiana jones figures! :eek: :happy: :cool:Yeah I have alway said they would just sell like hotcakes if Sideshow got them. Man my wife is a big fan of Buffy and Angel she would love them! To bad I can't stand the 2 shows. What do you like about them? I mean the make up is so bad and it's so corny.

Jaff
10-01-2003, 08:14 PM

better yet, why dosen't hasbro just sell the 12 inch rights to sideshow? hasbro has proven over and over they have no interest in making real quality collectible 12 inch figures. :mad:

There is always some cousin sisters brother person who says they know someone who said this or that. Kay Bee just did a successful Gamorrean Guard exclusive, and Meijer has done well selling these out the door. Wal-Mart doesn't want to carry any SW stuff, but Target is getting everything and selling out of it quickly. I would think that the "claimed" rep is full of it if he even exists, and check out the validity of the individual at rebelscum.

derek
10-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Target is getting everything and selling out of it quickly. I would think that the "claimed" rep is full of it if he even exists, and check out the validity of the individual at rebelscum.

my line of work allows me to visit target stores in a 100 mile radius of my hometown, and i haven't seen a 12 inch star wars figure in a target store for months. :confused:

derek
10-01-2003, 08:20 PM
Yeah I have alway said they would just sell like hotcakes if Sideshow got them. Man my wife is a big fan of Buffy and Angel she would love them! To bad I can't stand the 2 shows. What do you like about them? I mean the make up is so bad and it's so corny.

i watch buffy or angel every now and then. i'm not a dedicated viewer, but i love cool 12 inch figures.........and sideshow knows how to make a cool 12 inch figure! :happy:

i'd also love to see them make "alias", "24" and "x-files" figures.

Jaff
10-01-2003, 08:20 PM
The target in Ithica new York had the 12" leia Speederbike, and the new Ewok wave a couple of weeks ago. I was so mad at that because I paid $35 for the new ewoks since they were one to a case! :cry:

JediTricks
10-01-2003, 08:52 PM
As far as I've heard from Hasbro, no this is not true. If I get the opportunity to ask again soon, I'll try to get an answer.

However, besides the flimsy chain of evidence issue here, there's also the issue of this being purported to have spawned from the mouth of Hasbro store reps who are notorious for knowing less than they claim.

Turbowars
10-01-2003, 09:01 PM
As far as I've heard from Hasbro, no this is not true. If I get the opportunity to ask again soon, I'll try to get an answer.

However, besides the flimsy chain of evidence issue here, there's also the issue of this being purported to have spawned from the mouth of Hasbro store reps who are notorious for knowing less than they claim. LOL now thats funny. Us collectors know way more than a rep does. I mean if one of us was a rep we would be fired for knowing to much.:crazed:

Ook
10-01-2003, 09:45 PM
Eventually they be down to making 3 figures a year and they'll be exclusive to a store in rural Nebraska.
Haha! That one killed me. :p