PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Master Points Auction thread (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

Boba Fetish
10-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Can you be both in the kids and adult section under the same e-mail adress?

aikman8_1999
10-15-2003, 03:59 PM
Geesh, comics that retail at what $12 for 700 jmps is crazy for an auction not even half over.

Ya need min 1000 points to bid on anything and stand a chance at all, and even then, the best you do is 4 comics?

Its a joke, but I aint laughing.

plo koon 200
10-15-2003, 06:41 PM
What?... Those comics don't even retail for $12. Hasbro meant to say Dark Horse. Not Dark Empire. Those are the 4 comics that you got for free when you went to TRU. I can't belive 4 people are bidding 1000 points on those free things.

I now offically decleare these auctions really ridiculos.

Boba Fetish
10-15-2003, 09:59 PM
What?... Those comics don't even retail for $12. Hasbro meant to say Dark Horse. Not Dark Empire. Those are the 4 comics that you got for free when you went to TRU. I can't belive 4 people are bidding 1000 points on those free things.

I now offically decleare these auctions really ridiculos.

Like I posted earlier somewhere on this thread, they could put any garbage up there and somone would bid ungodly amounts of points up there. Just like E-bay, there is a buyer for EVERYTHING.

thespar
10-16-2003, 07:51 AM
The new item up for bid is the POTF speeder bike with Luke. Right know it is at 1,100 points. HAsbro is going into their storge rooms know to pull this item out.

Sidiously Darth
10-16-2003, 04:26 PM
Here's a dumb question. Did the other auctions end? I only see 3 auctions but the others that were up didn't end until the 18th. Is there more than one page? What am I missing? :confused:

plo koon 200
10-16-2003, 05:07 PM
About three days ago they started to post one item a day. Hence the reason you are only seeing one item.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Can you be both in the kids and adult section under the same e-mail adress?
No, you can't. I signed my e-mail address under my mom's name for the adult section and her e-mail address with my name for the kid's section. I originally intended only to use the adult's section, but the kids one is much better. This week's stuff is not as great, though - basic purple lightsaber (400), Anakin "I Am A Jedi Apprentice" book (50), Darth Tyranus figure (30), and Hailfire Droid (3,000). There's still 10 more weeks, I'll get more stuff (I hope).

plo koon 200
10-16-2003, 07:51 PM
Your Hailfire Droid is going for less than Ephant Mon did. The kids section does seem a lot better. I wont falsely sign into it since I'm not a kid and don't believe in taking away the opportunity from the kids who that section is devoted to.

jjreason
10-17-2003, 12:55 AM
I can't get the page to load. Can anyone post what's on the list in the adult part?

thespar
10-17-2003, 07:47 AM
AS of right know we have Dark Empire comics(ends today at around 3:00), POTF Speeder Bike w Luke, and Jorg Sacul.

jjreason
10-20-2003, 01:15 AM
Just checked them out, they had Shadows of the Empire Chewie (as Snoova) going for over 3000 pts. I think that figure would sell on ebay for about $5. Someone just isn't thinking rationally about how to spend those points.

thespar
10-20-2003, 08:10 AM
Hasbro went to the back to the back of the warehouse again. Funny thing is you can get this form Brains's Toys for $6.99 + S&H or you can get all five for 54.99.

plo koon 200
10-21-2003, 03:07 PM
The amount everything is going for is just disgusting.

amidalak
10-21-2003, 04:48 PM
The amount everything is going for is just disgusting.

if someone else values this stuff this much, why is it disgusting? i wouldn't put up that many points for any of this stuff personally (except the jorg's, if i had that many points, i'd bid them) but that doesn't mean it is bad, wrong, or disgusting if someone else does.

18 pages, wow!

thespar
10-21-2003, 11:33 PM
Now their is something new that might be worth the amount of the final bid. With the CinemaCast Vader.

plo koon 200
10-22-2003, 02:54 PM
if someone else values this stuff this much, why is it disgusting? i wouldn't put up that many points for any of this stuff personally (except the jorg's, if i had that many points, i'd bid them) but that doesn't mean it is bad, wrong, or disgusting if someone else does.

18 pages, wow!

Because these collectors don't realize they don't have to waste all their points like that. Look at the kids section. The adults section is a mad house.

Cinemacast Vader, hmm. Only 10,000 points.

amidalak
10-22-2003, 06:41 PM
Because these collectors don't realize they don't have to waist all their points like that. Look at the kids section. The adults section is a mad house.

Cinemacast Vader, hmm. Only 10,000 points.

i'm fairly sure these collectors know exactly what they are doing when they bid, so for them, it's not a waste.

plo koon 200
10-22-2003, 06:52 PM
I mean a waste in the sense that they will be unable to use their points again. If they are spending 10,000 points I'm assuming they are using them all up. I think that it would be wiser for them to conserve their points and get more than one item. I think it would kind of suck if you could get only one item for all those points you saved for all those years.

amidalak
10-22-2003, 07:38 PM
I mean a waste in the sense that they will be unable to use their points again. If they are spending 10,000 points I'm assuming they are using them all up. I think that it would be wiser for them to conserve their points and get more than one item. I think it would kind of suck if you could get only one item for all those points you saved for all those years.

as many folks have pointed out about the auctions, it might suck more if you had saved up all those points and not gotten anything at all. hasbro has stated consistently that this might be the only opportunity to use the JMP's.

Boba Fetish
10-22-2003, 09:37 PM
I hope you're right amidalak in regards to this being the only chance to use the JMPs. I never liked saving points or barcodes and all that junk to get toys. Just make everything available in retail. If their is a potential for a limited market; have it as an exclusive through some website until there is no more demand.

TheDarthVader
10-22-2003, 10:02 PM
Yes, I agree with Boba Fetish. I hope this is the only time to use those points. I don't like saving p.o.p.'s or "points".

amidalak
10-22-2003, 10:44 PM
i'd have loved a mail away fig as much as the next guy, but i'm with you guys, i hope this is the end of the JMP's. i have vigorously defended the auctions (which i still say are a good thing) but boba fetish hit it right on the head, send it all to retail. jorg sacul is the perfect example of how doing these promotions can backfire. i traveled all the way from florida to go to c2 and each day by the time i got to the convention center and got in line and waited for hours watching people walk out with bagfuls when the limit was supposed to be two, jorg was always sold out. by that time all the shows/exhibitions i had wanted to see were done and the end result is i felt screwed. to top it off, in the scalpers hall they were already being sold for $50+. jorg and all the items that are limited in appeal to us star wars junkies can and should be sold through the fan club. no more convention exclusives, mail aways, auctions, etc, send them all through the fan club or other online retailer and satisfy demand. hasbro gets paid, we get our toys, everbody's happy. they always use the excuse that the fan club can't match retail prices, but i don't buy that. most of us will spend $10 + shipping anyday for exclusive figs like jorg.

Teeska Mon Eebon
10-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Hey everyone, I got the lightsaber in the Mail today. It came in a Priority Mail box with a Sticky paper with my address written out in pen on it, it was about 6 by 12 inches. The lightsaber came in the regular packaging that is seen out in stores right now. hopefully this clears somethings up.... oh and by the way did anyone else win anything?

Teeska Mon Eebon
10-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Kids section now reads

Alaya Secura 48 of them 20 points
Playschool Millienium Falcon

Teeska Mon Eebon
10-23-2003, 06:50 PM
Woops
Playschool Millienium Falcon 3 availible 1000

SW Attack of the colnes scrapbook 5 availible 110 points

WOTC Cards Battle of Yavin Quantity Available: 1 410 Jedi Master Points

Teeska Mon Eebon
10-23-2003, 06:51 PM
Upcoming Kids Seciton Items:

Toy Fair Vader

25 years ago, the world was first introduced to the wonders of the Star Wars Universe. George Lucas' fantasy not only revolutionized the film industry, but also changed forever the kids dream and play. A quarter of a century later, Star Wars remains as popular and relevant as ever. This Darth Vader figure was created especially for the 2002 New York Toy Fair to commemorate 25 years of SW magic from Lucasfilm and Hasbro.

Playskool Endor Playset

Deep in the forest of the planet Endor, our hero Luke Skywalker and Wicket the Ewok pursue an Imperial scout trooper in a dangerous game of chase on speeder bikes!

plo koon 200
10-24-2003, 11:23 AM
TF Vader is also coming up in the adult section. I have a feeling some people have been not biding and waiting for this one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-24-2003, 12:05 PM
Holy sh*t, TF Vader is in the kid's section!?!?!? What am I still doing on this site? :D

Teeska Mon Eebon
10-26-2003, 11:01 PM
It's starting to really suck because stuff here is almost getting a bit high... I wish the kids section would get daily auctions.

Boba Fetish
10-27-2003, 04:23 AM
I think they should put loose odds and ends on the auction block like figures that were packed with vehicles like the red r2 unit or General Veers or bags of accessories and other junk. I gave all my points to a friend 'cause he wants a TF Vader. I could give a hoot about silver figures.

jjreason
10-30-2003, 05:47 PM
I was waiting on the TF Vader, but didn't even have half the points needed to get one at auction. Oh well, on to the next things then. With any luck they'll put up something I want for around 2500 pts.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-01-2003, 08:54 PM
So have the TF Vaders come and gone? It wasn't working for a few days, but now it is and there's AATs, Clone pilots, cards and a blue saber, but not Vader.

plo koon 200
11-01-2003, 09:04 PM
Yup, Vader is gone. Don't worry you would not have had enought points for him anyways.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Aww crap. How much was he, on the kids and adults?

DarthChuckMc
11-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Aww crap. How much was he, on the kids and adults?

I'm not sure what he ended at, but 5 more are coming up soon. They'll end 12/09/03. Those 5 will be in the kids section

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Oh, well that's a huge relief. I doubt I'll be able to get him, though I do have 4240 points, which is more than most people on here.

Obi-Dum
11-04-2003, 12:02 AM
When do the Vaders go up for auction? Are the Saculs still available? When I went on the aution site, I just saw some playschool stuff and a 3P0 Epic Force figure. Is that all that's up right now?

plo koon 200
11-13-2003, 01:07 PM
They have Hyperspace passes up for very low. After only a day they are going for 350 points. I think this is the best deal so far. Because I think it can be used to renew membership.

CrunchyNug
11-13-2003, 05:20 PM
There's 10 more Toyfair Vaders up for auction. With only about 24 hours left, the lowest winning bid is in at around 6,500 and the highest bid is just under 10,000.

The last time around, the winning bid was 9,000 JMP's. If you've got less than that, you're S.O.L.

plo koon 200
11-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Wow I'm amazed $20 Hyperspace memberships are still going for barely anything. Heck they are still going for less than all the other cheap stuff that isn't even worth $5. I guess finally some people are getting their points worth.

plo koon 200
12-04-2003, 08:29 AM
Hasbro is having a 24 hour special auction for an exclusive poster. The current bid is 70 points and they have a quantity of 200. This is everyones chance to get something from the auction. It ends at 3pm today.

amidalak
12-04-2003, 10:30 AM
i was going to resurrect this thread today, too, but plo koon beat me to it. there has been a ton of stuff that has gone in fairly large quantities for reasonable bids over the past couple weeks, and these posters are another example. i won a holiday r2/3po yesterday, sending out the points today! still gotta say these auctions are pretty cool in my book.

plo koon 200
12-04-2003, 10:34 AM
I actually placed a bid on the Holiday set but did not have enough points. That set is basically the only piece I am missing from 2002. I really want one. I guess it has been decent. I'm not really that big into posters. They really have not had much toys up as lately and that is also kind of disappointing. I will admit, however, that the auctions are much better than they started off. I also think it is nice to see some of those life-size things go up for bids.

amidalak
12-04-2003, 12:54 PM
yeah, i never saw the holiday set last year, and still haven't actually seen one in person. it, along with jorg sacul, were the 2 things i hoped that these auctions would allow me to have a shot at getting. it took just about all the points i had to get it, though, 3,610 JMP's. 1 for 2 isn't bad, though. i have about 1000 points left now, i might try to bid on something like the posters or something else that is not pulling a lot of points. how about them offering up general lando? i thought that was kind of unusual.

aceguide
12-05-2003, 09:24 AM
I actually won one of the posters. Unbelievable if you as me. But a pretty good bargain at 150 points.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2003, 08:19 PM
I already posted this somewhere else, but I thought I'd say it here too.

The only thing I REALLY wanted from the JMP auctions was the Silver Vader . . . I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It cost 4,310 points, too, and I have 180 more, so maybe I can get something kinda good next week as well.

plo koon 200
12-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Congrates! I did not get anything and it looks like I wont. Oh well.