PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Master Points Auction thread (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
09-30-2003, 01:52 PM
Here's the page

http://www.jedimasterpoints.com

aceguide
09-30-2003, 01:56 PM
Yeah - put my bid in on a Sacul. Already at 850 point and counting.

We'll see how this works out. I'll be happy to get some odds and ends. It indicates it will last for 13 weeks, so there will have to be a chance to pick up a few things.

We'll see...

evenflow
09-30-2003, 02:13 PM
How i wish I had more than 10,000 points. I want the Cantina Set. :cry:

Masterjedi73
09-30-2003, 02:35 PM
I just think it's a shame that not all collectors will be able to use their points. It will be interesting to see how many people actually get to use their points. I'll have to go home and count all of mine today.

Did anyone see if there's a big difference between the collectors and the kids sections?

plo koon 200
09-30-2003, 02:42 PM
This is still lame. I wish they offered more stuff. Like that unproduced Commtech Chip on the main page of SSG. The kid thing is the same. The only difference is that they need a parent signature.

BTW, what is up with the Cantina sets being up for auction. So that is what is going to happen to them. I guess they are not going to be an exclusive for a store. I waited so long hoping that these would come to Target or Wal-Mart. Now I know where my points are going. I think these auctions are very unfair and stupid. Unless of course they have 1000 Saculs up for bid. Heck, I wont be surprised if some people wont be able to get the Playskool set, knowing Hasbro. Of course most of us already have it. Lame. Lame. Lame.

Boba Fetish
09-30-2003, 03:51 PM
I guess I'll never see a Ktik Keed'kak. Once all of them sell for thousands of points they'll end up back on ebay for thousands of dollars. THis makes me almost resent that I started collecting. There is nothing I abhor holes in my collection. Another smack in the face of the small man. :cry: :cry: :cry:

TheDarthVader
09-30-2003, 03:51 PM
They can not possibly sell all of the cantina sets that have been made through this auction! I am still confident that these sets will wind up with some retailer.

I can't believe they misspelled Kitik's name! They have Kitik Keek 'Kak. Her name is SUPPOSED to be Kitik Keed 'Kak. What a stupid move!

Boba Fetish
09-30-2003, 03:55 PM
I guess I'll never see a Ktik Keed'kak. Once all of them sell for thousands of points they'll end up back on ebay for thousands of dollars. THis makes me almost resent that I started collecting. There is nothing I abhor holes in my collection. Another smack in the face of the small man. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Look, I am so distraught I can't even type correctly. I meant to say there is nothing I abhor more than holes in my collection. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

amidalak
09-30-2003, 04:11 PM
i kinda like the auctions, it means i can maybe get something for free. the only thing that does kinda suck is that i don't think my 2,500 bid for 'ol jorg is going to cut it :cry:

Boba Fetish
09-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Oh yeah, one other thing. If you're one of the other 5,700,000,000 people living outside the U.S. you have no meaning to the auctions unless you have adresses within the U.S. Way to go, screw the ENTIRE planet Hasbro. :mad:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2003, 04:23 PM
Where in the hell are you guys seeing this? I can't find these auctions and whatnot.

Boba Fetish
09-30-2003, 04:31 PM
Where in the hell are you guys seeing this? I can't find these auctions and whatnot.

The link at the top of the thread works. You have to become a registered user at Hasbro's website to view or participate in the auctions. If you need a Ktik Keed'kak though, you may need to go to your local Kaybee and spend about $6,000 dollars on star wars stuff to meet the competition in JMP's.

billfremore
09-30-2003, 04:39 PM
Oh yeah, one other thing. If you're one of the other 5,700,000,000 people living outside the U.S. you have no meaning to the auctions unless you have adresses within the U.S. Way to go, screw the ENTIRE planet Hasbro. :mad:

Well that's super. :frus:
More proof that being a Star Wars fan outside the U.S. is a punishible offence.

stillakid
09-30-2003, 04:46 PM
Here's the page

http://www.jedimasterpoints.com

The link just goes to the homepage. Even after I sign in, the only mention of the points is a news release.

evenflow
09-30-2003, 04:54 PM
Well if they are going to keep putting up the cantina set with Kitik Keed 'Kak, hopefully all the big bidders will be drawn out with this one and then there will be some left for us. I am hoping thats what will happen anyway. I really want Kitik Keed 'Kak, i hope that somehow i get one.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
09-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Looks like they temporarily shut the page down. It's now redirecting to the homepage...

TheDarthVader
09-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Guys, with nuts bidding on points like this we are not going to be able to get anything . This is crazy! It is up to $132 for 4300 Jedi Master Points!! Check the link!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3147549933&category=2474

Kidhuman
09-30-2003, 06:01 PM
I still say it is bunk. Nice move Hasbro.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-30-2003, 07:06 PM
So, what was up for auction, to the people that saw it?

TheDarthVader
09-30-2003, 07:15 PM
1. Jorg Sacul
2. 12" Ultimate Jango Fett
3. Kitik Keed Kak with Cantina Bar Section
4. Playskool Millenium Falcon

That is all I saw.

amidalak
09-30-2003, 07:34 PM
try going to: www.jedimasterpoints.com. I've been able to access the auctions all day using it.

BFett88
09-30-2003, 07:53 PM
I will never get Kitik Keed 'Kak, that really makes me mad!! This thing is going to turn into the Blue Snaggletooth or the Yak Face from the old figures. It is going to be really exspensive. Man this sucks, I really wanted it. I am willing to bet that the people getting the Kitik Keed 'Kak's are online retailers who are going to sell them for a couple thousand dollars. Or make us bid on ebay for a couple thousand dollars. Well some day ill get it. I better start saving my pennies, I might be able to get it before I'm 80.

BFett88
09-30-2003, 08:11 PM
I think that I just might sell my point on Ebay. I have about 4000, I guess I could use a couple hundred dollars. Then I can use the money to buy the Lego Ultimate Colectors Series Star Destroyer. I can get something for nothing.

plo koon 200
09-30-2003, 10:42 PM
Don't count on it. A poll on RS found out that 16% of collectors, a minority, had over 10,000 points. What will happen is that this minority will get all the Saculs and Kitiks and put them back on ebay because they already have those figures becuase they have so many points. Basically this is only a way to award scalpers. Thats right. The only one who will enjoy and benefit from these auctions are scalpers.

stillakid
09-30-2003, 10:45 PM
try going to: www.jedimasterpoints.com. I've been able to access the auctions all day using it.

Maybe that page is cached in your computer from earlier. Now all we get is this:

Sep 15, 2003
Republic News
Jedi Master Points Update

The final details for our Jedi Master Points program are almost in place! We expect the program to launch the beginning of October and we will get back to you shortly as to when the information will be posted on our website www.starwars.hasbro.com.

Stay tuned!

Kidhuman
09-30-2003, 10:50 PM
Thats what I get

stillakid
09-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Don't count on it. A poll on RS found out that 16% of collectors, a minority, had over 10,000 points. What will happen is that this minority will get all the Saculs and Kitiks and put them back on ebay because they already have those figures becuase they have so many points. Basically this is only a way to award scalpers. Thats right. The only one who will enjoy and benefit from these auctions are scalpers.

I didn't see the original site, so I don't understand. How many of each are they making available? Are you saying that, for example, that if those 16% buy 100% of the Kitiks, those 16% will each have multiples to then turn around and sell? How many points would a Kitik go for? If it's anything like Ebay, when you see multiples of something which are sold in successive days, then the losers just move down the line to bid on the next one available. At some point, one would think that the members of the 16% club would run their personal supplies of points down to a level which is equal or less than the other 84%. Right? Essentially what I'm saying is that there must be more Kitiks than there are people with high points to spend. So assuming that the earliest auctions deplete the fortunes before all the Kitiks are spoken for, there should be a quantity left over at which time the highest bid will never reach the earlier highs, simply because there is no one else left who could afford it.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
09-30-2003, 10:52 PM
So, what was up for auction, to the people that saw it?

From what I saw, 10 Jorg Saculs were up for grabs, so the top 10 bidders are guaranteed one. The 10th highest bid I saw at the time was 900... :dead:

BFett88
09-30-2003, 11:14 PM
What Hasbro should do is once this whole fiasco is over and all the scalpers have gotten the Kitik Keed 'Kak's. They should

a) Repack them in a regular package so we can all have a chance at them.

b) Make them a fanclub exclusive.

But of course Hasbro won't do this, it makes to much sense. They love screwing over the collectors.(No personal offence to anyone that works at Hasbro)

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 12:16 AM
That is another concern that I have. Likely Hasblah will sell all the original packaged K thingies on their site and then they MIGHT release a version on the new card. Personally I would love to have one in the original packaging.

10 Jorg Sacul's!!! HOLY ****!!! That is far less than what I thought would be on there. I thought they would have a case worth of them. One case of Saculs has 48 Saculs. This is worse than I thought. There must be at least 10,000 people who want to use their points and from the looks of it (stillakid) it seems like maybe only a 100 tops will be able to participate. Unless of course Hasblah gets a lot more prodcut up there. But now this looks more unfairer than what I originally thought. I guess I will find out when it really launches.

stillakid
10-01-2003, 12:22 AM
That is another concern that I have. Likely Hasblah will sell all the original packaged K thingies on their site and then they MIGHT release a version on the new card. Personally I would love to have one in the original packaging.

10 Jorg Sacul's!!! HOLY ****!!! That is far less than what I thought would be on there. I thought they would have a case worth of them. One case of Saculs has 48 Saculs. This is worse than I thought. There must be at least 10,000 people who want to use their points and from the looks of it (stillakid) it seems like maybe only a 100 tops will be able to participate. Unless of course Hasblah gets a lot more prodcut up there. But now this looks more unfairer than what I originally thought. I guess I will find out when it really launches.

I could participate because I've saved ALL the packaging from over the years. But frankly, it isn't worth the time to sit down and cut all those stupid things out. My time is more valuable than that. I'd just as soon take my chances on Ebay or worse...Brian's Toys....to get gouged unnecessarily.

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 12:30 AM
But there are some people who have cut out there packages and have a life and don't army build or build dioramas or whatever the heck it takes to get 10,000 points and still they don't have the points to participate.

gsr-jedi
10-01-2003, 02:18 AM
I knew this idea was pure fecal matter. Right now, I can't even find my points, but I'm not going to bother looking as I only have about 700 or so. I think we should all give Hasbro a round of applause for coming up with such a great idea. :rolleyes:

jedi-cpa
10-01-2003, 08:57 AM
<I will never get Kitik Keed 'Kak, that really makes me mad!! This thing is going to turn into the Blue Snaggletooth or the Yak Face from the old figures.>

You'd be lucky if this thing turns into Yak Face and Blue snaggletooth. Jorg sacul and the toyfair vader will be equivalent to that. This Kitik will be a Vlix level figure unless Hasbro eventually makes the cantina packs a fan club exclusive like they did with the EU figs or the ree yees and imperial trooper.

And with regards to these auctions...they suck. I was expecting points + $$$ offers like they did back in the day with Ackbar and Nien numb.

You know $10 and 500 points gets you Jorg.

$10 and 2000 pts for a toy fair vader.

And make it 4 - 6 weeks so you can make a batch when you get enough orders.

I am extremely disappointed!!!!!

Hasbro has bent me over once again.

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 10:21 AM
It is even worse than I thought. 1 12" Jango and 1 K thingie and 3 MF's. What the hell is going on. This is horrible and does not honor any collector. This is truly going down as the worse thing ever in Star Wars toy history. This is worse than TF Vader and Monkey-Leia and Freeze Frame Weequay combined.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-01-2003, 11:03 AM
I probably wouldn't be complaining if I had 100K of JMPs, but with all the $$$ we've poured down Hasbro's throats you think they'd have the decency to go through with giving everyone the chance to get something. If they would offer something for everyone to get, like figure stands for 100-200 points, that would be more fair.

I wish SSG would have put something together like a JMP raffle where we would collectively put in our JMPs to win from Hasbro, then based on the # of JMPs each member participated they would have a chance to win the item in an SSG-only drawing. Then at least one of us would win.

amidalak
10-01-2003, 11:44 AM
hey gang, remember these auctions are supposed to go until like december or so, so hasbro may just be trying to get large sums of points out early so everyone does have a chance. they have to have something to auction during that whole time, and they probably know that there are some freaks :crazed: with 10k+ points, so they put up just one of 'ol kitik and knock someone with 15k+ points out right away, and 10 people with 3k+ points right away. as far as scalpers go, i just can't imagine anyone who is trying to make a buck off of star wars toys as collectibles cutting up their stock in order to get one item off these auctions. it's too much effort for too little return, especially when they can just get one from ebay and still scalp the product they already have. last, i'll be absolutely shocked if kitik never finds her way to retail. she might not make it in the cantina packaging, but for a figure that seems to be as far along as this one, it will just shock the crap out of me if we never see it in stores.

bats1990
10-01-2003, 01:00 PM
I do agree that hopefully all the people with huge amounts of points will spend them all real quick and then the rest of us may have a chance at something. I have about 500 points, maybe more, maybe a little less.

My beef is that I too think this is lame. Like jedi-cpa, I was hoping for points + $ and you get a mail in figure. Yeah I will check form time to time to see whats there since they are running until 12/31 but I stil think it is weird / lame.

Rogue II
10-01-2003, 01:02 PM
Did anyone else get this e-mail?

Great news for STAR WARS collectors! The wait is over, the
STAR WARS JEDI MASTER POINTS AUCTION launches October
1st at www.starwars.hasbro.com.

You are among the first collectors to be invited to the
collector-only auction. The auction starts this week and
runs for thirteen weeks -- with action figures, games,
memorabilia and other STAR WARS items added to the auction
each week.

To participate in the auction all you need are your Jedi
Master Points from Hasbro Star Wars products. Participation
is open only to registered users of www.starwars.hasbro.com
(and other Hasbro U.S. Web sites).

bats1990
10-01-2003, 01:06 PM
Did anyone else get this e-mail?

Yep, I got one of those this morning.

amidalak
10-01-2003, 01:55 PM
kitik is up to 17,840 points! :eek:

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 02:06 PM
THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER IN STAR WARS COLLECTING HISTORY. THIS IS THE BIGGEST SLAP IN THE FACE TO COLLECTORS WHO HAVE BEEN LOYAL TO HASBRO FOR A LONG TIME. FOR THE MOST PART I AM A MOMC COLLECTOR BUT I HAVE A LOOSE COLLECTION. I FEEL REALLY BAD FOR THOSE COLLECTORS WHO ARE NOT CARDED, HECK I FEEL SORRY FOR THE CARDED AS WELL. I FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE COLLECTORS. I'M GOING TO TRY TO START A PETITION AND I WILL LIKELY CALL HASBRO IF I CAN GET THEIR NUMBER, IF NOT E-MAIL. I WILL CONTACT LISA STEVENS AND HOPE SHE SIGNS MY PETITION.

THIS IS TRULY THE WORST EVENT EVER!!! UNLESS OF COURSE HASBLAH GETS THEIR ACT TOGETHER!!!

Patient Zero
10-01-2003, 02:07 PM
Question: Is it only the UPCs that say Jedi Points on them or are they accepting the POTF and such as well?

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Question: Is it only the UPCs that say Jedi Points on them or are they accepting the POTF and such as well?

Only the points. One more reason why this is bad.

BFett88
10-01-2003, 02:16 PM
This is the worst thing every. I have been collecting since 95, I am a complete open collector. I have all the ships and duplicates of the ships. I even used to troop build. I have about 30 storm troopers, 15 sand troopers and 10 snow troopers. Over all I have about 400 action figures. For some reason I just didn't hold onto my points, maybe it was my age when I started, I started when I was 15. If I could go back and keep them I would of. Now 8 years into my hobby Hasbro the company screws me over. I have spent thousands of dollars on their products, and now to just get one figure I will have to spend a couple of hundred dollars on Ebay, if not thousands. This truly makes me sick. Thanks for all your great help Hasbro.

bobafrett
10-01-2003, 02:23 PM
I got the e-mail today but I didn't even bother to go to the site. Most of my collection is carded, so why bother. I saw that someone wants to start a petition which I think is a great idea for those of us here who have spent thousands on Hasbro toys only to be smacked in the face with this rediculous auction idea.

Jawa Pinocchio
10-01-2003, 02:39 PM
We all should e-mail/Call Hasbro about how lame this auction is. You have to be a Mega Collector/Dealer who has a vault full of points to bid on these few items. It's a total joke!
:confused: I was under the impression that this reward to all the loyal customers of the Star Wars line. I was lead to believe that this would be an E-Bay style auction full of multiple Star Wars Hasbro 3 3/4 figures and accessories! Not an auction that the average collector has no hopes of participating in.
I have been a collector of Star Wars figures since I was three years old back in 78. I love the new line (not so much the permanently posed inaction figures that have popped up lately) and I think that I should be able to be a part of this auction. :mad: I have spent thousands on the figures/play sets, and vehicles since they were brought back in 95, and this is how Hasbro pays me back for years of customer loyalty? By slapping me in the face with this?

This sucks *** , and we should let Hasbro know in mass that we don’t like what is going on with this half baked auction of there’s.

Hasbro (800) 327-8264 8am-4pm EST

Or e-mail them
http://hasbro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/hasbro.cfg/php/enduser/age_verify.php?p_next_page=ask.php

:Pirate: I think that we all should seriously e-mail them and call them so they get the point early enough so something can be done about this scam. Hit other boards/sites and spread the word!
If Hasbro sees how many fans they disappointed/****** off with this “auction” they will have to do something about it. Remember that there is strength in numbers!
:Pirate: May the Force Be with You All!

amidalak
10-01-2003, 02:41 PM
i don't really understand why anyone feels hosed, with the exception of the folks overseas, and maybe the MOMC guys (sorry fellas, but they are toys that are meant to be opened and played with.) for the rest of us, Hasbro is offering us a chance at free toys. they aren't required to do anything with the JMP's, they have made it clear they aren't going to make a special toy for a mail away offer, so as far as i can tell, this is a pretty good deal.

stillakid
10-01-2003, 03:07 PM
Yep, as of 12:00 pm PST, lil' Kitik is up to 17,840 Jedi Master points. If I even had that many, the sheer time it would take to cut them off the cardboard would never be worth it. Who the F has 17,000 Jedi Master points? I've got at least one of every 3.75 figure, ship, and accessory that has been released with "points" on it and, while I have never bothered to count, there is no waaayyy I could have anywhere close to that. How is this possible?

Kidhuman
10-01-2003, 03:16 PM
It is ridiculous. Maybe they are shop owners and opened upthe figures to sell loose? This was the dumbest thing I have ever seen or heard of. Makes the distribution problem seem like a choclate cheesecake.

plo koon 200
10-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Why would a shop open about $10,000 worth of Star Wars toy just to get one that they could get off of ebay for like $50? I think someone must have came up with some good forging device or who knows what. But 18,000 points seems like a lot to me.

stillakid
10-01-2003, 03:29 PM
We all should e-mail/Call Hasbro about how lame this auction is. You have to be a Mega Collector/Dealer who has a vault full of points to bid on these few items. It's a total joke!
:confused: I was under the impression that this reward to all the loyal customers of the Star Wars line. I was lead to believe that this would be an E-Bay style auction full of multiple Star Wars Hasbro 3 3/4 figures and accessories! Not an auction that the average collector has no hopes of participating in.
I have been a collector of Star Wars figures since I was three years old back in 78. I love the new line (not so much the permanently posed inaction figures that have popped up lately) and I think that I should be able to be a part of this auction. :mad: I have spent thousands on the figures/play sets, and vehicles since they were brought back in 95, and this is how Hasbro pays me back for years of customer loyalty? By slapping me in the face with this?

This sucks *** , and we should let Hasbro know in mass that we don’t like what is going on with this half baked auction of there’s.

Or e-mail them
http://hasbro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/hasbro.cfg/php/enduser/age_verify.php?p_next_page=ask.php

:Pirate: I think that we all should seriously e-mail them and call them so they get the point early enough so something can be done about this scam. Hit other boards/sites and spread the word!
If Hasbro sees how many fans they disappointed/****** off with this “auction” they will have to do something about it. Remember that there is strength in numbers!
:Pirate: May the Force Be with You All!

JUST SENT:

I just thought I'd lodge an official "complaint" concerning your new Jedi Points Auction. While the intent is welcome, the process is entirely unfair. For instance, one of your very first items up for auction (Kitik) is already up to over 17,000 Jedi Points. Who has that many? Is it even possible given that you've limited what constitutes an acceptable point?

If anything, that specific example should illustrate to you that this figure is high on the "want" list for many collectors. Simply offering a few of them on this auction will only serve to further alienate the vast majority who have absolutely no realistic chance to participate.

Thank you for your time. As this auction process is slated to take place over a period of several weeks, I hope that you find a way to either revise the rules of the auction, or at the very least, make a fair attempt to solve the distribution problems that plague this line so that we aren't forced into buying your product from unscrupulous third parties.

waboritas
10-01-2003, 04:29 PM
What's done is done. I have no problem with anything they are doing with the exception of the auction. I have been collecting since '77. I started with the new line in '95 have everything carded and only God knows how many points I have. I like many of you have spent probably thousands on this product line. What would have made a lot more sense was if they put a value on each piece they are "giving" away. For example, they have X # of Jorg Sucal figures to give away, they should have done it in a way that the first X number of people that have X amount of points can redeem their points for it and have all the rules they are using apply. Are the points worth anything, yes if you can redeem them, no if you choose not to.

One last thought. Consider this, Hasbro is paying people to make this program happen, and count the points. Are they in the toy business or the point inventory business. If they spent as much time figuring out their distribution method as they did on this lame promotion, they would have a lot less po'd consumers!

aikman8_1999
10-01-2003, 04:36 PM
but yet have approx 1180 points , I didnt get to cuting my ships yet and am waiting to see if it is worth the time to bother.
So far, it aint.
The cheapest thing going right now is for double the points I have currently .
And that 17,000 point auction is a joke, im betting its someone clowning around.

Actually what are the chances that these auctions will actually be legitamately won?
Im betting that most will come down to the wire with unhappy people 'juicing' them...

jedi master sal
10-01-2003, 04:37 PM
One good thing they've done with this is not to allow SNIPING! Here is they're official rule about the end of an auction:

Multiple Auctions/Deadlines/Popcorn Bidding: We may conduct multiple auctions at the same time and add new auctions to the Website periodically. Please note that the timing of any individual auction may vary. Listings close at the time specified, however, listings may be automatically extended by last minute bids. If a bid is placed in the last 10 minutes of an auction, the close time will be extended by 10 minutes. This will continue until no bids are placed within the last 10 minutes of the auction’s new close time.

So that should stop some of the wisenhiemers, like the ones on EBAY!

No last second sniping!

aikman8_1999
10-01-2003, 04:40 PM
whos to say that any of these bidders 'actually' have the points they claim...until after the auction closes and the time frame is hit.

One good thing they've done with this is not to allow SNIPING! Here is they're official rule about the end of an auction:

Multiple Auctions/Deadlines/Popcorn Bidding: We may conduct multiple auctions at the same time and add new auctions to the Website periodically. Please note that the timing of any individual auction may vary. Listings close at the time specified, however, listings may be automatically extended by last minute bids. If a bid is placed in the last 10 minutes of an auction, the close time will be extended by 10 minutes. This will continue until no bids are placed within the last 10 minutes of the auction’s new close time.

So that should stop some of the wisenhiemers, like the ones on EBAY!

No last second sniping!

evenflow
10-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Well I was considering getting some points off ebay, but i will never get enough for the cantina set. I give up. I hope that they eventually will see a real release.

jjreason
10-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Man, there's a lot of griping going on over Hasbro trying to let us finally use these points. I don't think they should feel bad for not offering up Saculs and Silver Vaders for 100 points each, guys. They want to get as many of these things off the market as they can with this one auction - so they never have to listen to people whining about them ever again.

People who choose to collect carded - choose to do that. Stop the whinging.

People who only have 500 points and want a bunch of stuff - wait and see.

People who threw out or chose not to clip the points - too bad. Stop the whinging too. It's not Hasbro's fault, nor is it ours. Deal with it.

I think what they're doing is good, although quite late. I hope that they continue to offer the desirable items like Sacul and Kitik so that the closing prices come down closer to reality. 17000 plus points is approximately 8500 bucks worth (think about that for a second) if you figure 10 points = 1 basic figure = 5 bucks. Crazy.

waboritas
10-01-2003, 05:45 PM
I think what they're doing is good, although quite late. I hope that they continue to offer the desirable items like Sacul and Kitik so that the closing prices come down closer to reality. 17000 plus points is approximately 8500 bucks worth (think about that for a second) if you figure 10 points = 1 basic figure = 5 bucks. Crazy.

You said what I was trying to say. The facts are right there. Those 2 figures that are up for bid now are worth what $5 & $10 retail respectively. Fuhgetaboutit. I see this system not working as we all know people are just driving up the number for the heck of it now.

Maybe we can do something about this. What if people kept bidding so it would not end. What would they do then? We should just keep it going and going and going............ Another Hasbro beauty. Gotta love it.

How long do you think it would take for some clown to count up 17,000 points. That job would really chew the proverbial root!

jjreason
10-01-2003, 06:02 PM
AN OFFER FOR ALL POTENTIAL CANADIAN BIDDERS....

If you live in Canada and want to bid, I can help you. Should you win, you can contact me and use my brother's address in Cleveland Ohio as a shipping address. He visits our parents in London, Ontario approx. every 2 weeks and can bring the parcels that far. Shipping or pickup from London would be your responsibility, but at least it gets you in the game. PM me if you're interested.

Boba Fetish
10-01-2003, 07:02 PM
I have had a day to let this sink in and I am still mad as hell over this Kitik Keed'Kak issue. The current auction is still on its first day and were nearing 18,000 pts for this thing that is being waved around like a steak in front of a pack of famished lions. I think it's okay to put items like silver figures or Jorg Saculs, but to have a totally unique figure like this be handed over to whoever managed to save an ungodly amount of points is unjustified, and think, there are people who bidded 10,000 and 13,000 who aren't going to win. I work in sales and if I favored someone who was going to buy an entire bedroom set over a couple of plates I would get reprimanded.

I am seriously considering going to that auction and bidding 100,000 points and when the eigth comes to a close, just keep increasing that incriment every ten minutes until I can't keep my eyes open any more.

I read about a petition so if anyone knows where I can sign please post it in this thread. I am also going to write an e-mail/letter that I will send everyday to Hasbro until my demands for them to find a way to to distribute this item to us collectors is met. I can wait, I just want confirmation that this will be done in some way. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Boba Fetish
10-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Okay I saw the petition so I don't need that info anymore, but more interestingly is what happened when I tried to email Hasbro. Seems the page where you are to write and send you e-mails is conveiniently not working so if anyone knows their customer service email adress and can post it, it would be much appreciated.
Thx

aikman8_1999
10-01-2003, 07:34 PM
250,000 Jedi Master Points are the current bids on the items now.

Just like I thought would happen.

AND IM SURE NOONE HAS THAT MANY POINTS.

P-oed collectors exacting revenge on the ill concieved auction idea.

Wonder what they will do now, probably just frag the whole idea...

aikman8_1999
10-01-2003, 07:45 PM
250,000 Jedi Master Points is the current bid
anyone have a quadrillion points they can lend me?

aikman8_1999
10-01-2003, 07:54 PM
if hasbro made u send your points in first before accepting your bids, otherwise, clowns are gonna keep doing this.

its a shame it took someone to expose hasbro for how poorly this is handled for them to see it.

Although,in the end, they will probably just give collectors an even bigger slap by killing the point idea alltogether...

amidalak
10-01-2003, 07:55 PM
those huge bids will probably get removed and the bidder given the boot from the auctions. the rules for the auctions say something like if hasbro thinks you are jerking them around they can give you the big shoe. i know there are people who don't like this thing, but there are some of us who do, and it sucks that some jerk-off has to try and ruin it for everyone. i only have about 4,000 points, making the stuff i would (and did) bid on out of my range, but this thing is in it's first week of many till dec., and i bet there will be plenty to bid on in that time period. they are trying to give us a way to get free stuff, even though they don't have any good financial reason to do so, and it is a shame that people can't just enjoy a well-intentioned gesture. life isn't fair, so if you can't bid, or you don't have enough points to get what you want, don't be a big baby and try and hose everyone else, be responsible and, dare i suggest, adultlike, and sign a petition or call or email hasbro and make a complaint.
one more thing, if someone does screw this up and hasbro shuts it down, what is going to happen then? do you think they are going to rush right out and put kitik out to retail? yeah, right.

keithfite
10-01-2003, 08:26 PM
These auctions are stupid. I hate them. this is not a good way to get people in to buying more stuff to get points.its not a good way to promote star wars. Its just gonna make everyone angry, and if hasbro thinks this is some big reward or treat for us fans they are wrong. and all these bids for 250,000 master points, kiss my a** man. nobody has that many points. even the people that got every point possible. I have basicly everything that had points on it and got doubles of most and I do not have 300,000 points.
and if someone does have that many points that means they either but a TON OF FIGURES or spent tons on ebay getting points. and now for all that money spent, all those points are only gonna be good for one toy. once there points are gone they have nothing. Its stupid. The jorg sacul is the only interesting thing. It is hard to get. the cantina scene i think will be released, the 12 inch jango was, and I see playskool millenium falcon everywhere. So all the money you spent all you can win is stuff from the store that isnt that expensive. Its dumb. I award hasbro no points..... and may god have mercy on there souls. peace

Boba Fetish
10-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Good, I hope they ditch the master points and proof of purchase garbage. Ever since I was a young collector back in '83 I deplored the hassle of getting proofs of purchase and sending them in and waiting for these items like the Emperor or Admiral Ackbar in the mail. We are in the internet age. Have some online retailer buy them and sell them off their website. They would love the business and we would love buying them. C'mon, this benefits eveyone. repeat after me "This benefits everyone."

mm74md
10-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Well, hopefully they will find a way to fix this by the end of the week. This is so lame

mm74md
10-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Kitik Keek'Kak - Mos Eisley Cantina Set - 1,000,000,000 JMP YAHOOOOO!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-01-2003, 08:36 PM
^That's just crazy!!! :eek:

Greyfolk
10-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Okay, the Jedi Master Points just went into effect today. But the concept of an auction sucks. The bids are up to 10,000 points for a $40.00 Playskool Millennium Falcon. That means, someone who bought 1,000 figures will only get a $40.00 reward -- the auction hasn't ended yet.

Surely these points were meant for something a little more rewarding. Is this because its only the first day? Jorg Sacul is going for 1,000,000 points. This is preposterous. Who has that many points laying around? If they do they certainly have the coveted figure already.

Whats your take on this?

-Greyfolk

Boba Fetish
10-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Not only perposterous, but it's backfired into a BIG FAT joke. 1,000,000 for Kitik Keed'Kak, c'mon. I have gone from being furious to laughing my butt off.

Jaff
10-01-2003, 08:52 PM
What a waste the auction is. It's too bad Hasbro didn't give collectors a chance to celebrate the idea!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-01-2003, 08:59 PM
$250 for Jorg Sacul off of Brian's Toys isn't sounding so bad anymore...

BFett88
10-01-2003, 09:12 PM
4000 points won't get a Kit a kick kack. People might think that I am just being stupid. But I would like to get that figure some day without having to pay way too much money.

Val Da Car
10-01-2003, 09:24 PM
well some idiot...has ruined a possible nice gesture/offer from hasbro.

all of the auctions are maxxed out.

here is the screen shot

Sidiously Darth
10-01-2003, 09:27 PM
This auctions is currently at: 259,999,990,000 Jedi Master Points.

We must stay on top of this ever changing development. :rolleyes:

waboritas
10-01-2003, 09:31 PM
They are getting what they deserve. Begun the Auction Wars have!

Hasbro has bit the hand that feeds it one time too many and this like everything else they try to do blew up in their face.

Sidiously Darth
Hold on a second there VDC. There's still more room for bidding:

http://www.jedimasterpoints.com/html/cat236264/Page1.htm?catNo=12239

BFett88
Well that is stupid. What are you going to do

DarthChuckMc
10-01-2003, 09:37 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/JMP/petition.html

Sidiously Darth
10-01-2003, 09:43 PM
I had to Farce & JMPs came out. :eek: :D :crazed:

amidalak
10-01-2003, 09:43 PM
hey, i know 4000 points won't get a kitik, but i'm not a freak about toys so i'm not all that worried about it. i'm certainly not going to try and ruin everyone else's fun just because i can't get what i want. thing is, there are 3 months worth of auctions, hasbro has to have something to put up over that time. those stupid huge bids remind me of my 5 yr old niece, who when someone has something she wants, but she can't have, tries to break or ruin things for whoever has what she wants. CHILDISH! but i guess that goes to show how a lot of my fellow collectors act. what's more, is i have been just as upset with hasbro as anybody since AOTC came out. i hated action features, i really hated some of the over posed figs, and i am totally outraged by that throne room luke that got dumped on us. but this is just hasbro trying to do something nice.

amidalak
10-01-2003, 09:46 PM
Besides me, who else likes the JMP auctions, and, how many points do you have to use? I have about 4000.

Sidiously Darth
10-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Amid, I agree with what your saying about the childish antics of some others but I can't say this is really Hasbro's way of being nice.

I cannot whole heartedly believe that someone at Hasbro in their infinite wisdom did not sit down and think this scenario through. Anyone with a bogus email address can sign up and bid. How hard would it be for Hasbro to use a small IP Address tracking program to watch the bidding of those signed on?

Why wasn't this more strictly controlled from the beginning? At least they should have required Names, Zip Codes and Verified Email Addresses.

This is what Hasbro gets for trying to play collectors against one another. Auctions are not about win win situations. 1 person, or possibly 10 in the Sacul case, wins and everyone else loses. That's not making the collectors happy or Hasbro being nice. That's Hasbro putting forth the least amount of effort possible to shut us up.

Sidiously Darth
10-01-2003, 09:54 PM
Besides me, who else likes the JMP auctions, and, how many points do you have to use? I have about 4000.

No sir! I don't like them.

BTW, I only have 700 points.

BFett88
10-01-2003, 09:59 PM
No, not so much.

I do have about 4000 JMP.

amidalak
10-01-2003, 10:06 PM
it's only the first week, though. who knows if there will be only 10 saculs to go up. i will agree that it is not executed well, though. this probably should have been exclusive to official fan club members or hyperspace members, giving hasbro some recourse when people are jerks, but that would have p-o'ed a lot more people than there already are. they probably are going to put up some way to avoid this crap, though. and i still contend that they did this to be nice, seeing as there hasn't been anything done with the JMP's until now, and they could (and probably should) have just said the darn things were worthless.

Sidiously Darth
10-01-2003, 10:23 PM
$250 for Jorg Sacul off of Brian's Toys isn't sounding so bad anymore...

HBH, I know your kidding but evilbay has some much cheaper right now:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&ht=1&query=Jorg+Sacul

amidalak
10-01-2003, 10:30 PM
do a search for JMP's, that'll get a laugh.

Boba Fetish
10-01-2003, 11:08 PM
it's only the first week, though. who knows if there will be only 10 saculs to go up. i will agree that it is not executed well, though. this probably should have been exclusive to official fan club members or hyperspace members, giving hasbro some recourse when people are jerks, but that would have p-o'ed a lot more people than there already are. they probably are going to put up some way to avoid this crap, though. and i still contend that they did this to be nice, seeing as there hasn't been anything done with the JMP's until now, and they could (and probably should) have just said the darn things were worthless.

Well maybe now Hasbro will see people would rather pay good money for figures like Kitik Keed'Kak than get it free by having the original clairvoyance to save a trillion JMP's to get the item. Acting like whining babies is how we are going to get them to sell the figures to us so we can all be happy. Hell, I'd even pay my share of the inflation cost to get these redistributed to where ever they need to go to get them to sell.

amidalak
10-01-2003, 11:14 PM
Well maybe now Hasbro will see people would rather pay good money for figures like Kitik Keed'Kak than get it free by having the original clairvoyance to save a trillion JMP's to get the item. Acting like whining babies is how we are going to get them to sell the figures to us so we can all be happy. Hell, I'd even pay my share of the inflation cost to get these redistributed to where ever they need to go to get them to sell.

the thing is, walmart passed on this figure already, and evidently so did all the other retailers. and acting like whining babies will probably, almost certainly, not get this item available to everyone, at least not in this packaging and with these accessories. more likely they might release it without the cantina bar on a regular card, or maybe, maybe release in the new ultra line. someone is going to get this figure, through this auction, which is available to those who do collect star wars toys, or through ebay, when one of the employees at hasbro puts it up after the line is dead and it will pull huge sums of real money.

Boba Fetish
10-01-2003, 11:15 PM
do a search for JMP's, that'll get a laugh.

You're right, that is funny. It's still cheaper than if you had to buy them with the figures, even at Kay Bee's $1.99 clear out.

Boba Fetish
10-01-2003, 11:23 PM
the thing is, walmart passed on this figure already, and evidently so did all the other retailers. and acting like whining babies will probably, almost certainly, not get this item available to everyone, at least not in this packaging and with these accessories. more likely they might release it without the cantina bar on a regular card.

That is exactly how I would like to get the figure. Single card, no accessories except for maybe a cup. I already have a custom diorama of the cantina that I am happy with. Just want the fig, cantina/Jabba aliens are my favorite to collect.

On a side note I am having fun posting. I have put up more posts in this short amount of time than I have the whole time I have been a part of the forums. I have actually never been more irritated while at the same time in suspense of how something is going to play out.

amidalak
10-01-2003, 11:30 PM
That is exactly how I would like to get the figure. Single card, no accessories except for maybe a cup. I already have a custom diorama of the cantina that I am happy with. Just want the fig, cantina/Jabba aliens are my favorite to collect.

On a side note I am having fun posting. I have put up more posts in this short amount of time than I have the whole time I have been a part of the forums. I have actually never been more irritated while at the same time in suspense of how something is going to play out.

me too, on both comments. :D

Boba Fetish
10-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Well, went back to Hasbro's JMP site and it looks like the sabateurs have been figured out since the highest bid is now at 25,000. Still seems like an excessive amount but I guess Hasbro doesn't think so.

Any way I tried to get into their "Contact Us" link and can't get through so if anyone has an email adress that I can complain to Hasbro through please let me know. Thx

evenflow
10-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Well I guess they readjusted the bids, he is now at 25,000 points. Still too rich for my blood. I wish i coul dget him though.

Boba Fetish
10-01-2003, 11:54 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/JMP/petition.html

To those who may have missed the petition, Please sign the link above. Please don't hate me DarthChuckMc for promoting your petition without permission. I Just want Kitik Keed'Kak.

TheDarthVader
10-02-2003, 12:08 AM
Yeah, even if I had 250,000 points, I would not bid all of them for a Jorg Sacul.

see3poman
10-02-2003, 12:19 AM
I went on the Hasbro site to bid on an item or two, and to my dismay you need 10,000-25.000 JMP to even get into it right now. What the hey??? Ok maybe I'm the only one out there with a couple of thousand measley JMP? Let's here from ya'll out there. That's alot of points being bid. I guess if I ripped open all my mint boxed items I could get another 1,000 or so points? But 25,000 or more.......damn that's amazing. But does'nt this kinda ruin it for kids or those who don't have a box cutter and work at a toy store???.....well whatever, I guess there could be collectors out there who like loose figures & stuff. I might want a recount down the line though. MTFBWY

Boba Fetish
10-02-2003, 12:34 AM
I see you see3poman. No one has 25,000 jedi master points. Even if every figure had JMP's since the line started in '95 you would only have roughly 7,500 points if you you included all the deluxe figures, three packs, what not. I believe
there weren't any JMP's until POTJ came out. The amount of points off of ships is negligible so I would guesstimate you would have to have purchased approximately five an a half of everything that offered JMP's on it to equal 25,000. I doubt that there is anyone who has done this so my guess is that this is rigged. Somebody's screwing Hasbro internally and screwing all us collector's. :frus:

One more of my two cents. I want Kitik Keed'Kak

2-1B
10-02-2003, 12:54 AM
Nicely said, stillakid. :)

From the beginning, I dismissed this whole idea because I thought it sucked and sure enough, now that it's here I hear nothing but complaints about it.

amidalak
10-02-2003, 01:07 AM
I see you see3poman. No one has 25,000 jedi master points. Even if every figure had JMP's since the line started in '95 you would only have roughly 7,500 points if you you included all the deluxe figures, three packs, what not. I believe
there weren't any JMP's until POTJ came out. The amount of points off of ships is negligible so I would guesstimate you would have to have purchased approximately five an a half of everything that offered JMP's on it to equal 25,000. I doubt that there is anyone who has done this so my guess is that this is rigged. Somebody's screwing Hasbro internally and screwing all us collector's. :frus:

One more of my two cents. I want Kitik Keed'Kak
ep. 1 is when the JMP's started. as far as ships go, i've got over 1500 from just them. but i will be surprised if 25,000 actually holds up to be real.

Boba Fetish
10-02-2003, 05:36 AM
Now that I posted like crazy, written to Hasbro, and plan on calling their 800 number tomorrow I am feeling appropriately vented. I feel ever more level headed now and I recommend you just sign petitions like Plo koon 200's and DarthchuckMc's. In the census arena, one voice represents many. Time to work on getting Kitik Keed'Kak. I will have you.

Jawa Pinocchio
10-02-2003, 12:40 PM
:mad: let Hasbro know in mass that we don’t like what is going on with this half baked auction of there’s. :mad: We’ve waited to long for these point to be used for something worthwhile only to get shafted like this!The more we persist with our fight for customer satisfaction someone at Hasbro may get a clue.

Make your voice be heard, Call/E-mail them now!

Or e-mail them

We should also spread the word to other sites related to the toy industry like Toy Fare Magazine, and the Star Wars Home site.

Keep the faith, and May the Force Be with You!

Masterjedi73
10-02-2003, 12:42 PM
We could all just go in and over bid everything and then not send the points (cause we wouldn't have them anyway)

lol

SABOTAGE!

stillakid
10-02-2003, 12:45 PM
We could all just go in and over bid everything and then not send the points (cause we wouldn't have them anyway)

lol

SABOTAGE!

I think that that is kind of happening already without our help. :sur:

you are hurting your fellow fans and collectors who are bidding!

You seriously think that actual collectors are still bidding? Maybe they are, but take another look at those numbers. Unless several people are pooling their points, I find it highly unlikely that any one person could possibly put together so many on his own. I mean who knows, maybe this is all on the up and up, but it is more certain that some sabotoge is taking place.

amidalak
10-02-2003, 12:47 PM

lol

SABOTAGE!

WAH!!! I can't get the toys I want so I am going to screw things up for everyone. WAH!!! :confused:

At least be adult about things and sign the petition or call and email Hasbro, don't be childish and pull stunts like that, you aren't hurting Hasbro, you are hurting your fellow fans and collectors who are bidding!

Boba Fetish
10-02-2003, 03:15 PM
Day two and a half, technically three since people were bidding on the 29th, and we are at 42,050. Definately some kind of scheme here. I bet the day after the auction ends we will see this on ebay for a buy it now price of $2,000.

Masterjedi73
10-02-2003, 03:22 PM
WAH!!! I can't get the toys I want so I am going to screw things up for everyone. WAH!!! :confused:

At least be adult about things and sign the petition or call and email Hasbro, don't be childish and pull stunts like that, you aren't hurting Hasbro, you are hurting your fellow fans and collectors who are bidding!

Hey man...it was a joke. Relax.

Boba Fetish
10-02-2003, 03:47 PM
Masterjedi73: I made the same remarks you did, it is my way of venting. I feel a little bad that minutes after I made a post consideing that I was going to add obscene amounts of points to the auction, unknown people started piling points on until it was maxed out. I hope I wasn't a factor in that event but the irony is that it happened right after I made the post and I didn't even have anything to do with it. Sign the petitions if you haven't already. We are now on the way to getting what we want, like Kitik Keed'Kak for example.

bobafett07728
10-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Day two and a half, technically three since people were bidding on the 29th, and we are at 42,050. Definately some kind of scheme here. I bet the day after the auction ends we will see this on ebay for a buy it now price of $2,000.

I posted this in another thread, but it seemed to fit here as well. . .

A day after the auction started:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3148208794

A little more than a week before the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3146514151&category=2476

Same seller. . . I'm sure he/she has more. . . and I'm sure the "buy it now" price will continue to rise.

Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2003, 05:37 PM
My mom signed up for the adult section and I did for the kids section, just so I can see what's goin' down. In the kid's section, there's the book A Jedi's Journal (300 pts), a basic green saber (non-electronic - 100 pts), an Epic Duels board game (40 pts), and the Stompin' Wampa set (60 pts). Looks like I may actually score some cool stuff for cheap. :cool:

BFett88
10-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Man I don't know if I should bid on Evilbay or not. This could be the cheapest that I could buy it for.

Masterjedi73
10-02-2003, 08:17 PM
So I guess the question is:

Should we sell our points or hold out for Hasbro to come through with something better? (which I doubt).

I have around 500 sitting here...anybody interested?

Teeska Mon Eebon
10-02-2003, 08:35 PM
yeah I accidentaly signed up for the kids and I was wondering on the point system. Are they saying that the JMP is ten like it says or do you cut it off to just 1 point?

Boba Fetish
10-03-2003, 03:34 AM
I posted this in another thread, but it seemed to fit here as well. . .

A day after the auction started:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3148208794

A little more than a week before the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3146514151&category=2476

Same seller. . . I'm sure he/she has more. . . and I'm sure the "buy it now" price will continue to rise.

Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

Amazing that those went for less than your average Jorg Sacul when they started hitting Ebay. Heck they still go for more now. I am curious to see if these will sell for more or go down in price. This whole thing with the Wave two Cantina sets seemed fishy since the get go. Who has these, I would love to know where these things truly are at. They're just figures, no need for a big conspiracy.

Warstar
10-03-2003, 07:15 AM
(I posted this in another forum- thought I would post it here, too)

I don't post much in this forum, but I did want to say that I completely, totally and utterly AGREE with everyone! This Jedi Master Points thing is a FIASCO!

After collecting Star Wars toys since their re-release in 1995, and seeing the Jedi Master points for the first time in the Episode 1 line, I was hoping they'd do more mail-aways or special premiums that were available to ALL that had the points...

I did, literally, save EVERY SINGLE PACKAGE of my opened figures- which is in the 800 figure range- (to say nothing of my closed ones)- WAITING for Hasbro to DO something with those points...

Now, sadly, I have stopped collecting (I've had enough) and just before the end of the Power of the Jedi Line, I was out of it all. I still have ALL my Episode 1 cards- including some 100 or so for the Battle Droid Army I built alone- but where are they? Storage- in places I can't get to, about to be thrown away, places I don't remember because I stopped caring, ETC.

Point being is that this is 4 years too late!

*SIGH* We have to accept the fact that after 2005, Star Wars as a toy line will die. By 2007 and the 30th anniversary of "Star Wars: A New Hope," we might see a special pack released every year or so- but the toy line, ultimately, WILL pass on into history UNLESS George thinks of more stuff and films it.

I might actually collect Episode 3 figures when the time comes for the end of the line, since those of us who have been in the hobby for years remember what happened to the original Power of the Force line...coins and all.

Still, I wish I knew where all my points were now- I would have kept better track of them had I known that they would have finally MEANT something...

Oh and by the way-

I know I had at least 500,000 points... it's not impossible if you go as far back as Episode 1 and the mass-clearance crap you might have bought just because you could (which was a LOT for me) to dig out your points.

I wonder if Galoob's "Star Wars Points" on the old Action Fleet ships count for anything? Oh well...we may never know...

Thanks, Hasbro, for "Collectively" making me quit buying your Star Wars toys.

ADDENDUM:

Anyone else notice people auctioning their POINTS on Ebay now? Maybe it's already been "pointed" out :D ... that was bad, I know...

But I DO wonder how much 500,000 points would sell for...

Warstar
10-03-2003, 07:22 AM
ep. 1 is when the JMP's started. as far as ships go, i've got over 1500 from just them. but i will be surprised if 25,000 actually holds up to be real.

Consider that they put Jedi Master Points on EVERYTHING for Episode 1-

Puzzles, suckers, key rings, hec- practically everything that WASN'T figures had points on it...

Also keep in mind Army Builders- Personally, I had over 100 Battle Droids- 10 points a piece and you got 1000 right there. I am willing to bet others here have more Battle Droids than that. Also, don't forget to add together the armies of POTJ Tatooine Stormtroopers or CommTech Stormtroopers, Jawa's and Gonks, (The last of the POTF CommTECH's had points on them too!), then add in modern army builders like Clone Troopers, Rebel Fleet Troopers, Endor Rebel Soldiers- then "figure" in vehicles, exclusives, everything...

25,000- let alone 500,000- would be (and was) EASY to come by...getting them all in one place? Quite a different story.

Masterjedi73
10-03-2003, 09:29 AM
I was just reading that some people actually had bid extremely high on purpose, and I wanted to tell you that even though I joked about it, I didn't do it. :)

....just wanted to make that clear.

Boba Fetish
10-03-2003, 10:39 AM
I was just reading that some people actually had bid extremely high on purpose, and I wanted to tell you that even though I joked about it, I didn't do it. :)

....just wanted to make that clear.

I joked too and that's when everything went out of control. Don't know if my statements were taken to heart but if they're are people like me, which I am sure they're are, that are steaming mad that figures like Kitik Keed'kak are on the auction block for an insanely overinflated amount of a near 50,000 points and climbing, I can see why it happened.

bobafett07728
10-03-2003, 10:48 AM
I'm sure the two auctions for Kitik on eBay would've had seen similar bidding wars, but they ended almost immediately with "Buy it Now." Had the figure seen an actual auction setting and not been closed so quickly, I think the price would've been ridiculously high. Much more than the $89.99 price it closed at. . . much, much more.

plo koon 200
10-03-2003, 11:53 AM
I did not threaten to bid higher on purpose or did so. I believe a more efficent and effective manner to handle things is through petitions. Because when you screw things up that only makes Hasbro not want to do anything for the fans.

amidalak
10-03-2003, 11:53 AM
I'm sure the two auctions for Kitik on eBay would've had seen similar bidding wars, but they ended almost immediately with "Buy it Now." Had the figure seen an actual auction setting and not been closed so quickly, I think the price would've been ridiculously high. Much more than the $89.99 price it closed at. . . much, much more.

That's the thing I don't understand about all the complaining, this figure was not, I repeat, not, coming to retail in it's current packaging, no matter how much we all wanted it, because all the retailers passed on it. So where would you have rather seen it show up, on ebay, where the highest $$$'s win (scalpers/dealers), or on this auction, where the scalpers/dealers are mostly excluded, and the highest # of worthless little pieces of cardboard win? Scalpers/dealers are not going to ruin hundreds of pieces of product that they can sell for real money in order to win one of these auctions, it just doesn't make any sense. This way a collector gets a shot at a pretty exclusive figure for the time it takes to cut out the JMP's and his/her loyalty to the brand. And it doesn't mean we won't see Kitik in some other form down the road. If what has been speculated about how far this fig was in production is true, we will probably see him, just in some other form.

plo koon 200
10-03-2003, 04:56 PM
I was just wondering how you would feel if Hasbro decided to continue with the JMP auctions until they stopped producing toys. Lets also say that the continued with the same system only putting up 15 items a week. Do you guys think that by the time they were finished in a couple of years that there would still be many fans sitting on points? What do you think would be the outcome if this were to be the way that events are to continue?

amidalak
10-03-2003, 05:38 PM
I was just wondering how you would feel if Hasbro decided to continue with the JMP auctions until they stopped producing toys. Lets also say that the continued with the same system only putting up 15 items a week. Do you guys think that by the time they were finished in a couple of years that there would still be many fans sitting on points? What do you think would be the outcome if this were to be the way that events are to continue?

i think it would be in hasbro's best interests. given the negative reaction by some so far, and the lack of patience that seems to be present, reassurance from hasbro that these auctions were going to last for a significant period of time and that a lot of folks will have a chance to get stuff would probably make some of the complaints fade away. although 12 weeks is a long time.

Boba Fetish
10-03-2003, 08:49 PM
If they guaranteed that a Kitik Keed'kak would continue to pop up so that I could eventually have a fighting chance winning one then I would commend the auctions.

TheDarthVader
10-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Nice signature Boba Fetish. I agree. Everyone shouldbe able to get a Kitik. All of the fans want her!! I don't see why she can't be released to a retailer. What Hasbro is doing now is a slap in the face. :(

Kidhuman
10-03-2003, 10:43 PM
Maybe if the retailer saw these threads, they would pick it up. I could care less if these auctions continue. Bring back the mail in offers IMO.

dr_evazan22
10-03-2003, 11:19 PM
Mail in's sound like a good idea. But I do like the current system where we can bid up to a kajillion JMP's that we've been saving and hoarding. Hopefully after this initial round the handful of people that control all these will no longer have sufficient quantities, leaving some really cool future swag for the rest of us.

amidalak
10-04-2003, 12:05 AM
If they guaranteed that a Kitik Keed'kak would continue to pop up so that I could eventually have a fighting chance winning one then I would commend the auctions.

kitik may show up yet, just not in this packaging, so you may just get that chance, regardless of the auctions.

amidalak
10-04-2003, 12:06 AM
Nice signature Boba Fetish. I agree. Everyone shouldbe able to get a Kitik. All of the fans want her!! I don't see why she can't be released to a retailer. What Hasbro is doing now is a slap in the face. :(

the retailers (namely walmart, but the others as well) turned her down. wally world might be slapping us in the face, not hasbro.

hellboy73
10-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Do any of you guys/gals remember the 80’s Gi-Joe toy line? Do you recall the little catalogs that were inserted in the vehicles and some of the smaller mini vehicles/play sets? These catalogs were great because they were the perfect way for collectors to use the “Flag Points”, the forerunner of the Jedi Master Points of today; that were on all the backs of the action figures/vehicles boxes.
The Catalogs featured many items for collectors to select from. They included exclusive items like special figures or figure vehicle combos, or your very own Gi-Joe with your personalized file Card. They were great! But Hasbro has gone all bad now with this auction.

I applaud Kenner for their use of the proof of purchase points (that Hasbro omitted for the auction), Kenner had the collectors interest in mind when they offered the Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise, The Spirit of Obi-Wan, B’Marr Monk, Cantina Band Member as a mail away offers.
It was Kenner that made the Star Wars toy line what it is today, they had a 20+-year relationship with the Star Wars Fans. They made more vehicles and play sets than Hasbro has ever made. They knew what we wanted and they delivered big!

Hasbro buys out Kenner and the first thing Hasbro does is jack up the price on the figures from $4.99 to $7.99 with Episode 1. I like may of you out there buy all or almost all of the Episode 1 line although all the while I was disgusted by the prices!
I don’t think I am asking for to much when I say that Hasbro should bring back on online version of the Gi-Joe Catalog, for the Star Wars line; where Fans can chose from an assortment of desirable items from which to trade Jedi Master Points from.

amidalak
10-04-2003, 02:11 AM
I don’t think I am asking for to much when I say that Hasbro should bring back on online version of the Gi-Joe Catalog, for the Star Wars line; where Fans can chose from an assortment of desirable items from which to trade Jedi Master Points from.

that would require hasbro to mass produce items that they would not make a profit on, something that they have said they absolutely will not do. it is little more than wishful thinking. so yes, you are asking too much, asking for something for nothing (after all, JMP's, without the auctions, are worthless).

and yeah, i do remember that, vaguely. glory days, pass me by, glory days ;)

dr_evazan22
10-04-2003, 02:58 AM
It would be cool if they even just offered posters of the figures and toys from that year. Just like the fig poster for 1995 - 1997. It would be a minimal cost, and hasbro would benefit by creating loyalty to the brand.

Boba Fetish
10-04-2003, 06:59 AM
the retailers (namely walmart, but the others as well) turned her down. wally world might be slapping us in the face, not hasbro.

Touche. That is why I don't think exclusives should be offered to gargantuan empires like Walmart. Does anyone really think the buyer's pay any attention what so ever to such a refined market as people who want cantina aliens? Hasbro kind of screwed the pooch too though since they offered a line of rehashed cantina aliens before releasing a much more promising wave with a new figure in it. If these aliens had been released in the proper and more profitable order, their analysts would have seen dollar signs and said, "Let's order more." Now, when what should have been the second wave, Greedo, Ponda Boba, and Momaw Nadon, the ship would have sunk, the line would end and all the figures that eveyone wanted would be in their hands.

Enough of dwelling on the past, give us Kitik Keed'kak now. Hasbro does, on the other hand, have a refined team of analysts that notice our market and they should care; I hope. Sorry to beat a dead horse with this obsession, but I'll pulverize it into nothingness if I have to, so long as it gets noticed and that is my plan. The reactions to the JMP auctions should have been red glaring flags for Hasbro, and someone in their team should, if someone hasn't already, be taking notice and start coming up with a strategy to please the Customer. I can wait, I'll take it new packaging, I am just here to add to the fervor of this anxiously awaited figure.

On another note, I appreciate your level headedness amidalak. Your input, as well as others who side with you have kept this issue in perspective.

evenflow
10-04-2003, 09:32 AM
Well if i can get a Kitik, then I am down for this to continue. But the competition will still remain. I wish we could just get her in some easier way.

amidalak
10-04-2003, 11:33 AM
On another note, I appreciate your level headedness amidalak. Your input, as well as others who side with you have kept this issue in perspective.

thanks, boba :D here is just a little more perspective, and then, i think i will let this rest, as i've just about beaten this horse back to life at this point. check out the latest poll at www.starwars.com. 60% of the people who have visited the site don't even know what JMP's are! and of the remaining 40% who do, only 10% say they are going to participate in the auctions, because the rest either threw their JMP's away, are carded collectors, or seem to think they will be able to use the JMP's some time later. that leads me to believe those of us who only have points in the thousands (2,3,4K range) will probably have a decent chance at scoring something a little ways down the road.

stillakid
10-04-2003, 11:37 AM
That's the thing I don't understand about all the complaining, this figure was not, I repeat, not, coming to retail in it's current packaging, no matter how much we all wanted it, because all the retailers passed on it. So where would you have rather seen it show up, on ebay, where the highest $$$'s win (scalpers/dealers), or on this auction, where the scalpers/dealers are mostly excluded, and the highest # of worthless little pieces of cardboard win? Scalpers/dealers are not going to ruin hundreds of pieces of product that they can sell for real money in order to win one of these auctions, it just doesn't make any sense. This way a collector gets a shot at a pretty exclusive figure for the time it takes to cut out the JMP's and his/her loyalty to the brand. And it doesn't mean we won't see Kitik in some other form down the road. If what has been speculated about how far this fig was in production is true, we will probably see him, just in some other form.

The Hasbro Rep I talked to in San Diego assured me that Kitik would be released and then cautioned me against paying any exhorbitant price out of fear. Patience will pay off. :)

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 02:10 PM
Do any of you guys/gals remember the 80’s Gi-Joe toy line? Do you recall the little catalogs that were inserted in the vehicles and some of the smaller mini vehicles/play sets? These catalogs were great because they were the perfect way for collectors to use the “Flag Points”, the forerunner of the Jedi Master Points of today; that were on all the backs of the action figures/vehicles boxes.
The Catalogs featured many items for collectors to select from. They included exclusive items like special figures or figure vehicle combos, or your very own Gi-Joe with your personalized file Card. They were great! But Hasbro has gone all bad now with this auction.

I applaud Kenner for their use of the proof of purchase points (that Hasbro omitted for the auction), Kenner had the collectors interest in mind when they offered the Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise, The Spirit of Obi-Wan, B’Marr Monk, Cantina Band Member as a mail away offers.
It was Kenner that made the Star Wars toy line what it is today, they had a 20+-year relationship with the Star Wars Fans. They made more vehicles and play sets than Hasbro has ever made. They knew what we wanted and they delivered big!

Hasbro buys out Kenner and the first thing Hasbro does is jack up the price on the figures from $4.99 to $7.99 with Episode 1. I like may of you out there buy all or almost all of the Episode 1 line although all the while I was disgusted by the prices!

When Star Wars started back in 1995 they were already bought out by Hasbro but kept the Kenner name on the front of the card. If you look on the back of an old card you will see a Hasbro copyright.

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 02:31 PM
Hasbro claims that if they were to produce a figure that we can get for JMP's that it would bankrupt them. Yet, Hasbro is paying shipping for all these items in the JMP Auction. Now I'm lost how a mail-away figure could possibily put Hasbro in the hole and these auctions could not. Especially considering that if they did this like the old G.I. Joe flagpoints or old mail-aways where you give them $3 dollars to ship it out.

I have realized that with these auctions aside from paying the shipping costs for these items that they have to have someone maintatin the auction website and they have to have someone go onto these message boards and see why the fans are mad. As well they have to keep up with personal complaints with the fans. I'm really lost as to why it would cost Hasbro more to produce a toy.

Think, the average toy sells for $5 at retail which means that Hasbro charges around $3 per figure and that it only cost $2 to make each figure on average, including sculpting costs, card design, and actual production. Yet shipping for most of these items has to way exceed $2. Perhaps becuase they are only offering such al limited amount of product they are not losing money but then that is ridicoulous becuase many fans still wont get anything.

I want your comments on this issue and I want you to tell what you think is the best direction for Hasbro to take and why.

Jedi Teacher
10-04-2003, 02:52 PM
Hasbro claims that if they were to produce a figure that we can get for JMP's that it would bankrupt them.

First, where did you hear/see this? I don't doubt it, but I'm just curious.

I think it's completely ridiculous for Hasbro to claim this. If they can give away a Silver R2 or Silver Clone trooper, what's one more figure? Besides, we would have already spent money on figures/vehicles etc. to get the points in the first place. Charge 100 or 200 JMP's and your looking at people already spending $50+ dollars on Hasbro products.

I would love it if they produced a NEW (no rescupts!!!) figure (KITIK--anyone?) that we could get with our points + $ for shipping. I think most collectors would. Heck, even if we were charged $3 for the figure (to cover Hasbro's cost so they won't whine about bankruptcy from 1 stinkin figure), if it's NEW and well made most people would probably get it.

There's no other use for these points. It's possible that by the 13th week of these lame auctions there may be something of interest that I could bid on, but I don't have 10,000+ points at my disposal, so it's not likely.

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Since this is my 500 post I have decided that I will address an issue that some collectors either understand or don't understand. WHY THE JMP AUCTION IS A BAD IDEA.

I will list a name and tell why it is not good for this kind of person starting with the group of people most collectors think the least of... Hasbro.

Why JMP AUCTIONS are bad
HASBRO: Because they have to put up with the fans and 5 years worth of points as well as paying shipping costs for items. Also waiting so long was a bad, bad, bad move on Hasbro's part that has effected us all. It is not really the auctions that are effecting us all but really Hasbro's procastination.

SUPER-COLLECTORS: Because there are fans who don't want them to get anything by making fake bids.

Websites like SSG: Because they have to hear lots of complaints and try to keep their readers under control and loyal to them at the same time.

Fans who bought everything: Because still some just don't have a shot at the auctions.

Overseas Collectors: This is obvious, because they can't participate.

Retailers: Becuase the promotion is not selling product like a promotion should.

Fan-Club: Becuse Hasbro did not cut out a deal and some fans think they should complain at them as well.

Carded Collectors: Because they were not given fair enough warning about the event to go out and by extra product from the get go.

Casual Collectors: Because they can't compete.

Not so rich, but big Fans: Because they are fans and these auctions are supposed to acknowledge that. A silver figure that you can get with a $30 subscription as well as $10 +7 shipping does not honor the fan.

I'm sure I have missed someone. If so let me know and I will comment on why I think these auctions are unfair to that party. Also be sure to put in your comments on what you think.

hellboy73
10-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Amidalak your defeatist mentality is exactly what Hasbro is looking for to use as an excuse to shaft all loyal Star Wars fans everywhere. Do you honestly think that this multi million dollar (yes they are, the just took all Disney toy accounts from Mattel) will hurt if they go the extra mile for their customer base?
Hasbro develops a huge assortment of toys and is listed among the top earning companies in the toy industry. Hasbro has had a great reputation with it Gi-Joe fans for years; they made it a leader in the toy industry back in the 60’s.
Think about this, Hasbro spends millions of dollars on Gi-Joe conventions developing unique one of a kind figure exclusives for these conventions. Gi-Joes are 12-inch tall action figures with fabric clotting and plastic weapons accessories. Most Convention exclusives go for $50.00 to $175.00. The last time I looked the Star Wars line is 3 ¾ inches tall and mostly plastic
(Jorg Sacul). Explain to me the logic in which the same company shafts one fan base and not the other?
I’ll give you an example of the huge amount of figures this company has in warehouse all over the world. Some one mentioned that Kenner and Hasbro were one and the same back in 95 with the release of the first wave of the new Star Wars line. My Friend had gone down to Guatemala for a vacation back in 97. He visited a toy store just for kicks to see what was on the shelves down there. He Stumble upon a huge assortment of the first and second wave of the 95 figure sets. Not the tri logo figures, but the US market figures. He also discovered an assortment of the Return of the Jedi figure line from 83-84. He was shocked and amazed by his discovery. And of course he spent about $400-$500.00 buying them at $1.00 a piece. He had asked the storeowner where he had gotten these figures? The owner said that he has a Hasbro rep comes by once a year with huge orders for his store. The storeowner had no clue that the Jedi figures have been scarce on US toy shelves for almost 10 years at that time.

Hasbro is bursting at the seems with stock. Do you have any idea where all or most of the Episode one figures have gone after they had been dropped in price and put into the bargain bins at Toys R US?

kool-aid killer
10-04-2003, 03:19 PM
Does anybody (JJB perhaps?) know if there is a average number of how many figures Hasbro sells? An example would be Hasbro would expect to sell around lets say 50,000 Ephant Mons, Han in Hoth Gear, Orn Free Ta etc. or is it impossible to determine those kind of numbers?

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 03:43 PM
First, where did you hear/see this? I don't doubt it, but I'm just curious.

This information came out of Hasbro's mouths over and over again ever since they were talking about starting a promotion. The most recent example I belive would have been the last convention.

amidalak
10-04-2003, 05:31 PM
This information came out of Hasbro's mouths over and over again ever since they were talking about starting a promotion. The most recent example I belive would have been the last convention.

hasbro hasn't said that it would literally bankrupt them, just that it was too expensive for it to be worthwhile for them.

amidalak
10-04-2003, 05:34 PM
There's no other use for these points. It's possible that by the 13th week of these lame auctions there may be something of interest that I could bid on, but I don't have 10,000+ points at my disposal, so it's not likely.

it's not only possible, it is down right likely. patience will pay in this instance, besides, your right, there isn't any other use for these points. if you don't use them at some point in the auction, it is likely that you won't get anything for them (not that you, me, or anyone else should.)

amidalak
10-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Amidalak your defeatist mentality is exactly what Hasbro is looking for to use as an excuse to shaft all loyal Star Wars fans everywhere. Do you honestly think that this multi million dollar (yes they are, the just took all Disney toy accounts from Mattel) will hurt if they go the extra mile for their customer base? Explain to me the logic in which the same company shafts one fan base and not the other?

1. explain how hasbro giving you and everyone else the chance to get star wars toys that you wouldn't otherwise have been able to get for free equals hasbro giving the shaft to loyal star wars fans everywhere.

2. explain why hasbro should spend the money to make a toy to give away when they can make toys and sell them for a profit.

3. regardless of how much money hasbro makes, why should they give you or anyone else anything for free?

my attitude isn't defeatist, it's realist. :D

amidalak
10-04-2003, 06:17 PM
Why JMP AUCTIONS are bad
HASBRO: Because they have to put up with the fans and 5 years worth of points as well as paying shipping costs for items. Also waiting so long was a bad, bad, bad move on Hasbro's part that has effected us all. It is not really the auctions that are effecting us all but really Hasbro's procastination.

just because you don't like it and some people are complaining doesn't mean this won't turn out positively for others (especially whoever gets kitik) and hasbro.

SUPER-COLLECTORS: Because there are fans who don't want them to get anything by making fake bids.

the fake bids aren't going to stop the super collectors from getting their winnings, hasbro has already started to put some measures in place to solve this problem.

Websites like SSG: Because they have to hear lots of complaints and try to keep their readers under control and loyal to them at the same time.

if the idea of a website like SSG is to keep the public informed, have as many folks as possible view the site for the advertisers, and give us a place to voice our opinions, i'd say this may be one of the best things that could have happened for them. look how many posts and how much time the two of us have spent here.

Fans who bought everything: Because still some just don't have a shot at the auctions.

you don't know that, there are still 13 weeks worth of auctions. besides, why should everyone have a shot at everything?

Overseas Collectors: This is obvious, because they can't participate.

yeah, it does suck for the overseas folks.

Retailers: Becuase the promotion is not selling product like a promotion should.

again, you don't know that. if people want to have the best chance to win something in the auctions, they need JMP's. besides ebay, how else are they going to get them if not by buying product.

Fan-Club: Becuse Hasbro did not cut out a deal and some fans think they should complain at them as well.

i'm not sure what you mean by this one, if you can clarify it for me i'll be happy to address it. if you are getting at the poor relation between hasbro and the fan club in the past, well, i can't really argue against that, but i don't see what that has to do with the auctions.

Carded Collectors: Because they were not given fair enough warning about the event to go out and by extra product from the get go.

hasbro announced this months ago, and besides, the carded folks are making a concious decision to not participate by not opening their toys. this is not hasbro's fault.

Casual Collectors: Because they can't compete.

again, you don't know that, there is still a long time to go in the auctions and you don't know what will be offered and how many points it will take to win anything.

Not so rich, but big Fans: Because they are fans and these auctions are supposed to acknowledge that. A silver figure that you can get with a $30 subscription as well as $10 +7 shipping does not honor the fan.

the auctions are giving fans the chance to get some product for free they wouldn't otherwise have had the opportunity to get. how is that dishonorable to fans? i'm not clear completely what your point on this one was either, there's my first shot, but again, if you clarify it for me i'll be happy to address it. boy, though, you really don't like these auctions, do you plo?

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 06:48 PM
I admire your loyality to Hasbro amidalak. My question to you is why do you take a stand for Hasbro. They have gone downhill lately, actually, they have gone downhill ever since 2002 a bit before AOTC came out. I'm baffled that you are saying as a collector you should give into everything that they do. If a collector does not like something a corportation does, or anyone for that matter, why should they support them. If all of a sudden say for example Sony decided to take all their DVD playes off the market and decided to relase a super version of PS2 and said that is how they think everyone should watch DVD's then why should anyone support the company?

Basically Hasbro has lately become notorious for doing what I would consider "bad business" and therefore I want to make it clear I do not agree with what they are doing.

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 06:52 PM
1. explain how hasbro giving you and everyone else the chance to get star wars toys that you wouldn't otherwise have been able to get for free equals hasbro giving the shaft to loyal star wars fans everywhere.

2. explain why hasbro should spend the money to make a toy to give away when they can make toys and sell them for a profit.

3. regardless of how much money hasbro makes, why should they give you or anyone else anything for free?

my attitude isn't defeatist, it's realist. :D

1. Because it is not equal opportunity. They are shafting all the fans who cant get it and they are shafting those who already have it.

2. Do I need to explain why Hasbro should not make an exclusive mail-away. Many toy companies do and they have in the past. My question to you amidalak is would you rather get a new toy or rather have the opportunity to bid in some auctions with old product that you may already have and still have the possibilty of losing?

3. Hasbro should give us something for free out of loyalty for the customer. Technically it would not be for free because we already bought product and we are getting rewarded for buying product. So I guess you don't need any rewards for shopping at a particular store, or credit card rewards. It is good business to reward your customers.

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 07:03 PM
I'm kind of tied up so I really can't address your questions right away but despite my tilte why the auctions are bad I will admit that actually I do not have as much against them as I might make myself seem. I have told you earliere that I nearly have all the product offered and if I really wanted the other products I could get it. I'm more or less upset at the fact with what Hasbro has been doing since 2002. The TF Vader was a total fiasco. There was no warning that it would be rare and giving an item to the press is a bad idea. Jorg Sacul, well I actually can't blame Hasbro for that. They gave fair enough warning that it would be rare and they explained that Lucas would only allow them to make limited quantites of a figure of him and sell it at CII. Imperial Shuttle... I don't even want to get into it and I really think multiple parties are at fault with this one. Thre are other instances I'm sure of but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I have to go.

amidalak
10-04-2003, 07:24 PM
1. Because it is not equal opportunity. They are shafting all the fans who cant get it and they are shafting those who already have it.

1. i disagree, we all have the opportunity to buy star wars toys and participate if we want. some people may have better means to do this than others, but that doesn't make it unfair. those fans who already have something, don't need it, those that don't have something don't have a right to it.

2. Do I need to explain why Hasbro should not make an exclusive mail-away. Many toy companies do and they have in the past. My question to you amidalak is would you rather get a new toy or rather have the opportunity to bid in some auctions with old product that you may already have and still have the possibilty of losing?

2. i kind of like the idea of competition, but that isn't really why i disagree with you. and yes, you do need to explain. i like having the shot at least to get some of the stuff that may have been hard to get otherwise. if i don't win, oh well, at least i had a chance.

3. Hasbro should give us something for free out of loyalty for the customer. Technically it would not be for free because we already bought product and we are getting rewarded for buying product. So I guess you don't need any rewards for shopping at a particular store, or credit card rewards. It is good business to reward your customers.

3. they do reward their customers, by providing the toys we buy. and by allowing us to have the opportunity to get toys we would not have had the chance to get otherwise. and yes it would be for free, because when we bought our toys, we paid for them, and nothing else. there isn't anything on the packaging or anywhere else that says by buying these toys hasbro owes us anything. what is more, i would much rather see hasbro improve their product than do any of these promotions. it would be a reward to not have figs like throne room luke see the light of day.

amidalak
10-04-2003, 07:33 PM
I admire your loyality to Hasbro amidalak. My question to you is why do you take a stand for Hasbro. They have gone downhill lately, actually, they have gone downhill ever since 2002 a bit before AOTC came out. I'm baffled that you are saying as a collector you should give into everything that they do. If a collector does not like something a corportation does, or anyone for that matter, why should they support them. If all of a sudden say for example Sony decided to take all their DVD playes off the market and decided to relase a super version of PS2 and said that is how they think everyone should watch DVD's then why should anyone support the company?

Basically Hasbro has lately become notorious for doing what I would consider "bad business" and therefore I want to make it clear I do not agree with what they are doing.

it's not so much that i'm taking a stand for hasbro, just the auctions. i agree that the AOTC action feature crap that we put up with was a step downhill. i hate preposed figs that only look good in the package, which we have got a ton of since TPM. i think hasbro has much more in common with the evil empire than our beloved jedi, and so i try to be realistic about them. i have had as much complaint with hasbro as the next guy, but i really do like the idea of these auctions. i think they are fair, i think that they will probably turn out alright, i think that over the next 3 months bunches of folks will have opportunity to get stuff they otherwise couldn't, and i do think they are a reward. if it turns out crappy, i'll be the first one in here saying i was wrong. but i am at least going to give it a chance.

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 08:00 PM
I would also like to see Hasbro improve their toys. Overall, that is my biggest complaint as well. But by making toys they are not rewarding us. They paid to get the rights to make these toys. The next toy company might deserve a chance as well. By making toys that is how they stay in business and make money. Making toys is not a right for Hasbro but a neccessity. They are a toy company after all and as Darwin said "survival of the fittest." And I'm very sure you are familiar with Darwin.

I will briefly explain the advantage of having a mail-away. It means more product for the fan. Also for those who have everything, it gives them something new. And it is equal for everyone. I know you are a fan of Darwin but a reward should not cause fans to compete against each other.

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 08:03 PM
I will keep you to your word amidalak. Now getting back to the point of this thread, what do the rest of the fans think. Would you guys rather get a mail-away? Is it unrealistic for Hasbro to make a mail-away? What is a better route overall, mail-away or auction? For those who have not put in their input I'm really looking forward to hearing it.

BTW, amidalak are you a guy or girl? I'm just curious because if you are a girl my friend Hango could use some help in another forum.

Kidhuman
10-04-2003, 08:23 PM

Because it is appreciation. Sports teams do it, business do it. Why not Hasbro. Do you know how much it costs to make a toy? I would say about 2 dollars. So, 200 JMP's is 20 packages....40 dollars to Hasbro for making themand packaging them. 3 dollars profit on each one you buy is 60 dollars, plus shipping for the figure. And then people like myself(MOC collector) needs to buy doubles, so that is 120 dollars in profit from me alone. Now minus that 2 dollars for the figure and that is still 118 in profit. Aprreciation, I think it is worth it.

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 09:14 PM
To back up what kidhuman is saying I would like to note that my college. Yes college gave me a hat that would regularly cost $15 at their store. I got this hat for going on a retreat that was 3 days long that I did not have to pay for. The college paid for all of it. It was a leadership retreat where all the active leaders in Student Government, Campus Activities Boards, and Phi Theta Kappa, the honor society for two year colleges, and no it is not a frat or sorority. I was a member of Phi Theta Kappa. At this retreat they had free food, speakers, and lots of activites. I even ate dinner with our school's president. And at the end they gave everyone school memorbilla. They did not have to do it. But it was to show appreciation.

Now this retreat actually cost the school more per person than actual tuiton. But the school is cheap, tuition wise, $70 a credit hour. I actually don't pay tutition because I'm in a special program. Even though I'm above full time, I'm taking 20 credit hours, I'm still enrolled in High School. I'm technically a senior. I actually don't go to High School. You know what the odd thing is that I will get my Asssociates Degree one month BEFORE I graduate from High School. So technically I'm going to graduate from a two-year college before High School. I know, it sounds strange. Okay, I'm straying from my point but as kidhuman said, it is to show appreciation. Any corp. that wants to keep good measure should do it. Oh, by the way, I'm sure that cap cost the school more than it would cost for a figure. I'm sure that if Hasbro limited their mail-away figure by 2 like the fan club does, they would not have to worry about losing lots of money.

gsr-jedi
10-04-2003, 10:16 PM
I just got back from vacation, and saw that Kitik is up to 551,000 points :eek:.The bid jumped all the way from 55,000, for those who didn't think there was something going on.

Here's something from eBay. It'll probably end higher, but those interested can check it out. It is all 3 wave 2 cantina figures.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3148451060&category=2476

thespar
10-04-2003, 10:42 PM
I like the mail away idea that the use with GI JOE myself. There as some figures that start off as mail away then moved to where every one could get one ie Major Blood or Start on card then moved to mail away like Spirit. Then their where the one you can only get as Hasbro Direct the Fridge. They can use some of the ideas again. You can go on to yojoe.com and find main firgues that they used this idea on.

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 11:15 PM
I can hardly wait to see it go for $500,000. I'm being sarcastic, by the way.

Boba Fetish
10-05-2003, 02:10 AM
Well if the auction was up to 551,000 it ain't anymore, back down to 55,000 now. Hasbro must of purged the bid. Wouldn't it suck if you were some eccentric millionaire that actually had 500,000 points and Hasbro thought you were just a big fat liar.

The JMP's are causing all kinds of problems and the ones that don't exist seem to be causing the worst mischief. JMP's are barcodes and didn't some people once say these are the mark of the beast. Hmm I feel something insidious going on, dark side clouding my vision, can put finger on it. :D :D

Billy_Dee_Binks
10-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah, as an oversea citizen I have to sit on those damn JMP
also I got thrown out on EBay because a few sellers stopped replying me later sending the staff I wouldn´t be interested in the bid I won anymore...... :mad:

hellboy73
10-05-2003, 01:30 PM
plo koon 200 And kidhuman you have made my point. Hasbro has got to give it’s loyal customers a “thanks” by letting us use the JMP for something we all have a chance at getting. The goal is to thank as many fans as possible, not just a handful of people that have points coming out of their ears.
I would love to even use my points to buy up Battle droids to build up an army, or different astromech droids, or an x-wing or Naboo fighter or whatever they have in their warehouses. And those of you out there that say it will cost Hasbro an arm and a leg to get this done. It won’t. It’s just going the extra mile for their fans.
If you have ever gone to a GI-Joe 12 inch convention you would know that Hasbro could put in the extra effort.

hellboy73
10-05-2003, 01:38 PM
The goal of the JMP campaign should be to thank as many fans as possible, not just a handful of people that have points coming out of their ears.
I would love to even use my points to buy up Battle droids to build up an army, or different astromech droids, or an x-wing or Naboo fighter or whatever they have in their warehouses. And those of you out there that say it will cost Hasbro an arm and a leg to get this done. It won’t. It’s just going the extra mile for their fans.
If you have ever gone to a GI-Joe 12 inch convention you would know that Hasbro can put in the extra effort.

Turbowars
10-05-2003, 05:23 PM
This is a bunch of crap!! Hasbro should do a BIN for these figures. This auction thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Hasbro why couldn't you just do another mail away. Like 20 MJP for a nice repaint of a R2 or R3 droid? Hell I would have paid for shipping.

amidalak
10-05-2003, 08:58 PM
plo koon 200 And kidhuman you have made my point. Hasbro has got to give it’s loyal customers a “thanks” by letting us use the JMP for something we all have a chance at getting. The goal is to thank as many fans as possible, not just a handful of people that have points coming out of their ears.
If you have ever gone to a GI-Joe 12 inch convention you would know that Hasbro could put in the extra effort.

hasbro doesn't have to give it's loyal customers anything, and the goal of the JMP auctions is to reward fans by giving them the chance to get stuff they normally wouldn't have the opportunity to get.
why can't you all accept that hasbro is not going to do a mail away and that no amount of complaining is going to change that? what is so hard to understand about that? the most that would result from the complaining is they would just say the JMP's are worthless and not do anything at all (which is what i had expected given what hasbro had been saying). i'm not trying to be nasty, but the facts are pretty simple, hasbro has stated over and over again that a mail away is not going to happen. i agree it would be welcomed more readily by all of us (i loved the old star wars and g.i. joe mail aways) but we are just not going to get a mail away. given that fact, these auctions may be the next best thing.

Teeska Mon Eebon
10-05-2003, 11:16 PM
ditto, you guys would be awfully mad if they decided to not do anyhting at all. I mean this may be the best you can get... "when life gives you lemons squirt the juice in someone's eye..." that's kinda what's it's been like around here.

hellboy73
10-05-2003, 11:54 PM
Teeska Mon Eebon Do you understand that by having this auction the masses that collect the Star Wars line are not going to get a chance at using their points at all. So it would be the same as not having an auction at all. What do we all have to lose?
“ When life gives you lemons, give them back and ask for apples.” “Do or do not, there is no try.”

amidalak
10-06-2003, 01:07 AM
Teeska Mon Eebon Do you understand that by having this auction the masses that collect the Star Wars line are not going to get a chance at using their points at all. So it would be the same as not having an auction at all. What do we all have to lose?
“ When life gives you lemons, give them back and ask for apples.” “Do or do not, there is no try.”

you don't know what you have to lose, this is only the first week of the auctions. at the very least you could lose an opportunity you wouldn't have had. and you don't know that the masses are not going to get a chance to use their points, you are making an assumption that because the first items up in the auction are all very exclusive, all the items will be that exclusive.

again, though, who says the masses should be able use the JMP's at all? hasbro could just as easily have said that the JMP's were worthless, since they have made it clear that there will be no mail aways.

hellboy73
10-06-2003, 02:11 AM
Amidalak Who says the masses shouldn’t be able to use their JMP?
By placing the JMP on the backs of the packaging Hasbro lead people to believe that they are worth something, be it an imaginary value or a legal tender.
Hasbro has made a public statement for years that JMP have a value by placing the small dashes indicating that they are to be cut out/saved, sometimes accompanied by scissor symbols; and giving JMP different vales based on the size and monetary value of the item bought.
I agree that we have no idea what the auction will look like at the end of the month, many like myself think that only five items will be auctioned off one week at a time, and that the statuesque will be the same in regard to insane bid on these few auction items. Hasbro made a statement before the auction even took off.

“These Official Jedi Master points have no cash value and may only be used in this Auction. Fans will need to cutout Jedi Master points in order to use them to bid on Auction Items.”

Notice how they conveniently inform us that after years of saving these points up that the JMP “may only be used in this auction.”
They had gone to say that this might be the only time that the JMP will be used for anything. So if you don’t have enough JMP to bid on anything … tough luck.

I had been e-mailing Hasbro for three years about the JMP; I kept pushing for a Mailer or a catalog exchange program. I kept getting nothing from them. I have been fighting for a system that would benefit all Star Wars fans equally and fairly.

Boba Fetish
10-06-2003, 07:12 AM
The real question is are we going to see items repeated in upcoming weeks or are we going to see only new items week to week. Some people seem to think that there will be opportunities to get this weeks items in future weeks, but I don't think that is going to happen. I wouldn't want to see the same items next week; it just wouldn't be logical. Here's the scenario if they had the same items week after week:

If the final bid on on Kitik Keed'kak were to stay at 55,000 and that person won, then the next person to win next week would be the person with the next highest amount of points. After thirteen weeks Kitik Keed'kak will still be going for exorbitantly high amounts of JMPs, at least much more than what the average person has at their disposal. Maybe they will toss the mix up and keep the old with the new which would be a little better, but forget about getting what's on this weeks list ever. If there are new items popping up in later weeks, that only decreases the amount of weeks that these will be available. These auctions are not only upsetting many people, but they are a collosal waste of time because as the weeks go by we will know which handful of people are going to win in following weeks due to how much we have seen them bid. On the last week whatever we see, that will be it.

Let me know if this argument is flawed due to missing any details which Hasbro may have layed out, but I failed to notice. All I know is that if I see the same items appear again I will not pay any more attetion to them for the rest of the auctions unless I feel I have enough points to get them. Everything so far seems to be going for high amounts, and the few people that have these amount of points seem to unfortunately be just enough to dominate the rest of the auctions.

amidalak
10-06-2003, 12:09 PM
The real question is are we going to see items repeated in upcoming weeks or are we going to see only new items week to week.

in the auction faq's it says that items that initially have a quantity of one are not likely to show back up again, but items that have a greater quantity could be put up again (jorg???).

Boba Fetish
10-06-2003, 04:11 PM
I wonder if I sold all my points on ebay if I would make enough money to put it towards a Kitik Keed'kak on ebay. This would be a vastly better deal than trying to win one on a zero chance auction. Anyone else sell their points lately? How much did you get for them?

amidalak
10-06-2003, 04:42 PM
in case no one has noticed, the auction site knocked the high bid for kitik back down to 17,840.

aikman8_1999
10-06-2003, 07:09 PM
gi joe
hasbro, they can do it, star wars is gi joes whipping boy apparently
http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/spytroops/pl/page.giveaway/dn/default.cfm

Sidiously Darth
10-06-2003, 10:10 PM
gi joe
hasbro, they can do it, star wars is gi joes whipping boy apparently
http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/spytroops/pl/page.giveaway/dn/default.cfm

That link pretty much squashes Hasbro's claim that it is not financially possible and the claim that they are doing these auctions to help out collectors. I'm sorry, I don't see G.I. Joe selling as well as SW. Everytime I go to WM, I see the same Joes on the same pegs.

Hasbro's auction experiment is a failure to this point. Where's their control group, who's in charge of this botched procedure? SW figures have kungfu grip too!!! :eek:

amidalak
10-06-2003, 11:09 PM
That link pretty much squashes Hasbro's claim that it is not financially possible and the claim that they are doing these auctions to help out collectors. I'm sorry, I don't see G.I. Joe selling as well as SW. Everytime I go to WM, I see the same Joes on the same pegs.

Hasbro's auction experiment is a failure to this point. Where's their control group, who's in charge of this botched procedure? SW figures have kungfu grip too!!! :eek:

this doesn't squash anything. the g.i. joe brand doesn't have the huge licensing costs that star wars does. and just because you see star wars as a bigger seller than g.i. joe doesn't make it so. g.i. joe is almost without doubt the best selling boys toy line ever, star wars included, if you include the 12 inchers. and in my neck of the woods, hot wheels and g.i. joe's go off the pegs just as fast as star wars, and have greater display area in most of the retail stores.

hellboy73
10-07-2003, 03:00 AM
Amidalak you a Hasbro Lawyer? Why defend them with so much passion? Do you own stock in the company? You are always up to bat for the Corporation, what gives? You a Hasbro mole?

Boba Fetish
10-07-2003, 03:26 AM
I am cool with Amidalak's opinion because his arguments are very sound, but I also agree with Plo koon 200 that Hasbro should use good business sense in pleasing us fans. Amidalak is right, Hasbro doesn't owe us anything, but if they want to continue to see profits increase in their Star Wars line they better treat the fans to what they want.

I am with you Hellboy73 in that I think these JMPs are a waste and have not been put to good use except for the ones that are in posession of an elite few. All I know is I better see a Kitik in some form or another on store shelves or in an online retailers inventory.

plo koon 200
10-07-2003, 08:53 AM
Well tommorrow Hasbro has another chance to prove how stupid their program is or whether or not they have actually got things together. After I see what happens tommorrow then I will be very happy to elaborate on how I think things will turn out. Heck, I will do that now. If there are only five items on tommorrow then I can pretty well assume that less than 100 collectors will get any product and that for the rest of us fans this promotion was a really bad idea. If there is a tiny bit more product my point of view may slightly change. But I will wait until tommorrow to further comment on the situation.

amidalak
10-07-2003, 12:33 PM
Amidalak you a Hasbro Lawyer? Why defend them with so much passion? Do you own stock in the company? You are always up to bat for the Corporation, what gives? You a Hasbro mole?

:D no, don't work for them, if i had i'd have argued just as vigorously to not let that wretched throne room luke see the light of day! (worst fig hasbro has ever done imo, for one of the most important characters of the saga).

not really defending hasbro as much as the auctions. given that a mail away seems to be out of the question, i think that this isn't that bad an idea. i also think that hasbro was in a no win situation. if they had done a mail away, someone on here would have complained about the character they chose, or how many points needed to be sent in, or how much the s and h charges were, etc, etc. if they had just said the JMP's were worthless there would have been complaining. and with the auctions, well, 13 pages of complaints (so far). i have argued this because one of the things that drives me nuts about us as a community is that we seem to never be satisfied, we seem to be terribly impatient, and we don't seem to pick our battles well. complaining about things like C2 (which was a total rip-off, the worst planned convention i have ever attended) or the saga action features (magnets were all right, but buttons? who thought that would be a good idea?) seem legitimate to me to complain about because we directly pay for things like that. but complaining about something like this, where the intent was to do something nice, and there is no cost to us, just makes us look like we are greedy and unappreciative.

btw, in between working on my b.a. and my m.a. and need something to fill a couple months until school starts back up, think if i send a copy of this thread to hasbro they might give me a job? :D (that is a joke, just to clarify.)

DarthChuckMc
10-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Let's see....

KENNER..under the HASBRO umbrella, gave us:

Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise...Froot Loops box tops
Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi....Frito Lays UPCs
B'omarr Monk....proof of purchase UPCs
Cantina Pop-up Diorama....proof of purchase UPCs
*B'omarr Monk....Fan Club
Kabe & Muftak....internet purchase
Oola & Saliacious Crumb....Fan Club
Cantina Band Member....Fan Club
Freeze Frame sleeves.....proof of purchase UPCs
Freeze Frame Viewer Binoculars.....proof of purchase UPCs
Mace Windu Sneak Preview....proof of purchase UPCs

Ever since HASBRO put their name on everything, we have seen a complete stop to decent mail away offers.

Sure, we've had FAN CLUB Exclusives, but even those have been a hassle to get...

Stormtrooper Army Builder 4 pack
Endor Rebel Troopers 4 pack
Tantive IV Rebel Troopers 4 pack
Sandtrooper 4 pack
12" Ki-Adi Mundi
****12" Plo Koon****

True, HASBRO doesn't OWE us anything, but they shouldn't lie to us and tell us something CAN'T be done, when they themselves have done it for us before, and continue to do it for GI JOE, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, etc...

DarthChuckMc
10-07-2003, 12:46 PM
there is no cost to us, just makes us look like we are greedy and unappreciative.

How do you figure no cost? We had to spend money to get the points in order to bid in the first place....and if we expect to WIN any of the auctions, we'd have to go buy about $5,000 more toys juts to get a shot at winning a JORG SACUL and $17,000 to win a KITIK KEED'KAK.

Jawa Pinocchio
10-07-2003, 01:08 PM
I agree with DarthChuckMc JMP were not give out at the door to the Toy Store, they were sold along with the figures/accessories etc. It's like saying that Han's blaster came free inside the packaging, only thing is you have to cut into the packaging to get it out!
Give me a break amidalak. Nice try tough.

amidalak
10-07-2003, 01:09 PM
How do you figure no cost? We had to spend money to get the points in order to bid in the first place....and if we expect to WIN any of the auctions, we'd have to go buy about $5,000 more toys juts to get a shot at winning a JORG SACUL and $17,000 to win a KITIK KEED'KAK.

the money you spent got you toys, period. if you spent money and didn't get toys then someone owes you, but otherwise you got what you paid for. there is no cost, if someone wins an auction they mail in little pieces of cardboard that have no monetary value without the auctions and get a toy in return. well, the shipping of the JMP's might cost a buck or two, so there there you go, there is a cost.

DarthChuckMc, you have been on here forever, would you not have bought star wars toys if there weren't going to be anything to do with the JMP's? i don't think so, you would have bought star wars toys anyway. so no, there isn't any cost to these auctions.

amidalak
10-07-2003, 01:12 PM
I agree with DarthChuckMc JMP were not give out at the door to the Toy Store, they were sold along with the figures/accessories etc. It's like saying that Han's blaster came free inside the packaging, only thing is you have to cut into the packaging to get it out!
Give me a break amidalak. Nice try tough.

no, it's not the same jawa, you paid for the blaster, therefore you should get a blaster. the winner of an auction doesn't pay for anything, they just send in those little pieces of cardboard. nice try, though.

amidalak
10-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Ever since HASBRO put their name on everything, we have seen a complete stop to decent mail away offers.

no question, since hasbro has run the show, things have been different.

True, HASBRO doesn't OWE us anything, but they shouldn't lie to us and tell us something CAN'T be done, when they themselves have done it for us before, and continue to do it for GI JOE, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, etc...

i don't recall them saying that it can't be done, just that they weren't going to do one. again, all those toy lines you mentioned don't have the licensing costs that the star wars line carries.

DarthChuckMc
10-07-2003, 01:31 PM
again, all those toy lines you mentioned don't have the licensing costs that the star wars line carries.

all that stuff is paid...done..over....HASBRO did a press release a while back, and everything they OWED Lucas for rights, is PAID IN FULL. Every $$ they make now is theirs to keep.

The contract through 2015 or whatever [2018 maybe].....PAID....

Sure it still costs them money to make molds, pay sculpters, pay assembly line workers, artists etc etc etc.....

but this Licensing Cost crap is OVER.

someone else said, they released pictures of the 2004 line on purpose....to ease the shock and disappointment of these auctions.....

I'm startign to agree....if next year looked like a crap year, AND these auctions were happeneing...I'd probably give up and jump ship with JARGO and collect MUPPETTS.

amidalak
10-07-2003, 01:43 PM
but this Licensing Cost crap is OVER.

if you don't think that hasbro figured the cost of the licensing agreement over the course of the time they will hold it and over the products that they will make than i think that you are mistaken. yes, they had to pay in full to lucas up front, but that doesn't mean they don't spread the cost of it over time and over a range of products.

it is similar to buying a house. not many people pay cash for a house. the bank pays the builder or previous homeowner, and then you pay the bank over time with interest. same thing here, hasbro pays lucas, the star wars brand pays hasbro back over time and makes a profit (interest).

plo koon 200
10-07-2003, 05:02 PM
:D no, don't work for them, if i had i'd have argued just as vigorously to not let that wretched throne room luke see the light of day! (worst fig hasbro has ever done imo, for one of the most important characters of the saga).

not really defending hasbro as much as the auctions. given that a mail away seems to be out of the question, i think that this isn't that bad an idea. i also think that hasbro was in a no win situation. if they had done a mail away, someone on here would have complained about the character they chose, or how many points needed to be sent in, or how much the s and h charges were, etc, etc. if they had just said the JMP's were worthless there would have been complaining. and with the auctions, well, 13 pages of complaints (so far). i have argued this because one of the things that drives me nuts about us as a community is that we seem to never be satisfied, we seem to be terribly impatient, and we don't seem to pick our battles well. complaining about things like C2 (which was a total rip-off, the worst planned convention i have ever attended) or the saga action features (magnets were all right, but buttons? who thought that would be a good idea?) seem legitimate to me to complain about because we directly pay for things like that. but complaining about something like this, where the intent was to do something nice, and there is no cost to us, just makes us look like we are greedy and unappreciative.

btw, in between working on my b.a. and my m.a. and need something to fill a couple months until school starts back up, think if i send a copy of this thread to hasbro they might give me a job? :D (that is a joke, just to clarify.)

Hey you were at C2 as well amidalak. So was I. I'm surprised you did not get a Sacul? What day(s) were you there? I was there all three. I agree it was not planned well. Well it was planned very well but not for all the people. You know all those books they said they would have were gone on Friday within the first hour. I was still in line getting my first two Saculs when they vanished. Tell me what you like least about C2. You know I had a good time but I got into nothing. Not a single event and I was there all three days.

I also asked another question earlier but I see that you did not see it. I was wondering if you were a girl because your name is amidalak. If you are a guy I mean no offense. It is just that my friend hango fett can use some advice in aother thread.

amidalak
10-07-2003, 05:50 PM
Hey you were at C2 as well amidalak. So was I. I'm surprised you did not get a Sacul? Tell me what you like least about C2. You know I had a good time but I got into nothing. Not a single event and I was there all three days.

I also asked another question earlier but I see that you did not see it. I was wondering if you were a girl because your name is amidalak. If you are a guy I mean no offense. It is just that my friend hango fett can use some advice in aother thread.

i was there 2 out of three. no, i didn't get a sacul, i wasn't able to get there early enough to get in line, i was staying with family about an hour away from indie. both days right before i got up to the tables to buy mine they sold out. that is probably what i liked least.

WOTC just didn't plan well for the amount of people that showed up. the shows/events didn't have adequate seating, the sacul thing was ridiculous, all the fan club member bonuses were crap. the bad thing was that most of the people i saw there had the lanyards meaning they had prepurchased their passes. that meant WOTC knew how many people were going to be there but didn't plan for that many. the dome went unused that wknd because WOTC didn't want to get off the wallet and rent out the necessary space. the dome would have been a great place for the opening ceremonies, which i stood in line for for over three hours but didn't get in. you basically had the choice of getting jorg or doing the shows/events. if you did one, you couldn't really do the other.

i'm a guy, btw, my wife made me use amidalak (her first name is keri, amidalak=queen keri) when we signed up for our email address if i wanted a star wars associated name and i have just always used it since.

jedi master sal
10-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Okay folks this thread got a bit out of hand and we don't need to squabble amongst ourselves.

This thread is now closed.

A new thread will be started for the auctions. Please comment there, but play nice. Slights and insults occurred throughout this thread and cannot be allowed. The next Jedi Master Points/Auction thread will be CLOSELY monitored and anyone voilating the sites rules will be notified and/or temporarily banned. I understand your frustrations but again let's not trade ill remarks with each other.

Any comments regarding the closure of this thread please forward them to Steve or JediTricks.

jedi master sal
10-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Due to slights and other behavior the previous thread was closed.

Please use this thread to make comments about the JMP or auctions, but play nice. This thread will be closely moderated. Any other thread pertaining to JMP's or the Auctions will be merged with this one, so please just comment here. Thank you.

plo koon 200
10-07-2003, 06:17 PM
Why was the other thread closed? It was not anything I said, was it? I thought I was reasonable with my comments and said nothing outlandish. I stated my point of view and explained it. That was about it.

amidalak
10-07-2003, 06:18 PM
i thought the other thread went quite nicely, for the most part. i don't really remember any slights or poor behavior, seemed to be fairly civilised. besides, i think we have just about wore this subject out. some people like the auctions, others don't, and i am not sure anyone really changed their minds in 13 pages of the other thread.

dindae
10-07-2003, 09:00 PM
What is goin on with the bids? I just looked today at the cantina bid and it was only 13,000. I also noticed the playschool set was down. Anyone got a clue?

As far as my opinion I don't like the auctions. It is better than nothing but not much since not very many people will be able to get anything. I feel that the fact that I have (with the exception of very few items) one of everything to date and the fact that I can only afford one item (which I already have) is just sad.

As far a Kitik goes. I seen a lot of people worrying. Since we have seen carded photos of the figure then I'm pretty sure they were produced and sitting in a warehouse waiting for an outlet. Mainly I believe this because I have never seen them stop a bad idea that fast before (mm coins, complete galaxy, epic force, 6" figures, etc) but also because they stated (and I wish I could find the quote) that they would be released recently. So don't worry about it. Either Hasbro will give it to some non traditional source and rape us on the cost like the fan club or we will see them at KB for $5 after they give up trying to make money.

amidalak
10-07-2003, 10:25 PM
just so it is out there, if you checked out this thread and are thinking of asking a question or replying, you might want to check out the other JMP thread. we went over a lot of stuff and it will probably be helpful!

Boba Fetish
10-08-2003, 12:11 AM
Man, and my goal with the last thread was to keep this issue at the top of the list with this high number of views and posts so that some casually observing rep. from Hasbro would possibly notice how disgruntled we were and forward this to his boss. I am sure they know anyway due to all the fraudulent bids.

Oh well, I have not heard any news on what is up for bid this week; I thought we'd know by now, must have been preoccupied trying to figure out what to put up for auction that would not outrage the fans. Once again Hasbro, in case you missed my last hint hint, here it is again. HINT HINT.

Boba Fetish
10-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Woah, I change computers and all of the sudden this thread has remerged. Cool. :cool:

Anyway just wanted to say please Hasbro, do the right thing. I have been a fan of your toy lines for years. Look at my User name and Avatar. Two plug ing for you for two toy lines for absolutely FREE everytime I post. Ain't it cool, Just release kitik Keed'kak and I'll even pay for it. Ins't that a great deal. :D

amidalak
10-08-2003, 01:18 AM
Woah, I change computers and all of the sudden this thread has remerged. Cool. :cool:

Anyway just wanted to say please Hasbro, do the right thing. I have been a fan of your toy lines for years. Look at my User name and Avatar. Two plug ing for you for two toy lines for absolutely FREE everytime I post. Ain't it cool, Just release kitik Keed'kak and I'll even pay for it. Ins't that a great deal. :D

hey boba fetish, you are as persistant as i am :D kitik keed'kak's for everyone :crazed:

Boba Fetish
10-08-2003, 01:27 AM
Yes Amidalak, My best friend says she has never seen such tenacity. I think it's just OCD.

Oh well, gotta take my meds and go to bed. Bye :crazed:

thespar
10-08-2003, 07:58 AM
As far as what is up for bid this week we will have to wait until 8:00 pm eastern tonight to find unless some place a bid between 7:50 and 8:00 pm. Hopefull we will see the Janog KE escape on their.

plo koon 200
10-08-2003, 08:37 AM
There is less than 12 hours left and there is still no mentioning of what is going to be for bid.

And yes Boba Fetish, Kitik's for everyone.

Boba Fetish
10-08-2003, 08:45 AM
Cheers to you Plo Koon 200. What am I doing up this early. Still no word on whats going up for bid? Like I said before, they're probablly busy sifting through all the phony bids and trying to figure out what to put up for auction that is not going to make everyone all butt hurt. Anyway :o , going to bed again.

P.S. I know that is the embarrassment smile I used, but it looks like he's yawning too.

plo koon 200
10-08-2003, 10:32 AM
While Kitik may show up for 17,840 if you click on bid history you will see pending bids. Here is the new system that Hasbro has implemented for bids over 20,000 points.

Confirming Delayed Bids
For bids over a certain number of Jedi Master Points, we utilize a Delayed Bid System. These items are marked on the Bid page with a message stating that Bids over a certain amount are subject to Confirmation. In these cases, you must confirm your intentions to bid with an Auctions Representative before the bid will display online. This is done to help prevent falsified bids and protect the Bidding Process. Once you make your bid above that certain amount, an email will be sent with a phone number for you to call so you may confirm your intention to bid at the amount you posted. Once the call is complete, the bid may be confirmed and appear on the Bid History pages. The bid will be timestamped at the time it is originally made and will not be affected by the time it takes to confirm the bid.

Note: Because of the delay involved in confirming first time bidders, new bidders may not bid on Delayed Bid items in the last hour of the auction.

Sidiously Darth
10-08-2003, 07:27 PM
Nice to see Hasbro is actually trying to take a progressive step in correcting the problem they created. Even though some of these bids are supposedly "verified", I'm sure a few will not have the points to send.

Here's another idea for them. If the high bidder never comes through, then that person should be banned from any further auctions. Of course, Hasbro should give the winner about 10 days to respond.

amidalak
10-08-2003, 08:13 PM
auctions for the first weeks stuff are done, here is what is up now and how many are available:

cantina set wuher-1
interactive r2-6
silver r2-7
ephant mon (i bet this one ticks some people off)-10

24 items up this week, 39 total for two weeks.

stillakid
10-08-2003, 08:24 PM
While Kitik may show up for 17,840 if you click on bid history you will see pending bids. Here is the new system that Hasbro has implemented for bids over 20,000 points.

Confirming Delayed Bids
For bids over a certain number of Jedi Master Points, we utilize a Delayed Bid System. These items are marked on the Bid page with a message stating that Bids over a certain amount are subject to Confirmation. In these cases, you must confirm your intentions to bid with an Auctions Representative before the bid will display online. This is done to help prevent falsified bids and protect the Bidding Process. Once you make your bid above that certain amount, an email will be sent with a phone number for you to call so you may confirm your intention to bid at the amount you posted. Once the call is complete, the bid may be confirmed and appear on the Bid History pages. The bid will be timestamped at the time it is originally made and will not be affected by the time it takes to confirm the bid.

Note: Because of the delay involved in confirming first time bidders, new bidders may not bid on Delayed Bid items in the last hour of the auction.

That's not a bad idea, this verification process. This isn't really like money, where you could put it on credit. Aside from some last minute purchases at Target, we all pretty much can figure out how many JediPoints we have to spend.

So the idea would be to count 'em up, then submit your "committment" amount to them. They could use this same "verification" process with the phone call for very abnormally high amounts of points, whatever that would be. Then, anyone who hasn't registered their points, or updated their records (if they recently bought merchandise), wouldn't be able to bid or bid higher than the committment amount.

Boba Fetish
10-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Whew, thank God I found Ephant Mon at Walmart months ago. Wuher, big deal. The others I could care less about. I still want Kitik Keed'kak though. If they eventually release Dr. Evazan on the auctions, that would kinda suck, for I have the original , but I like this new one with the improved leg stance.

plo koon 200
10-08-2003, 09:10 PM
auctions for the first weeks stuff are done, here is what is up now and how many are available:

cantina set wuher-1
interactive r2-6
silver r2-7
ephant mon (i bet this one ticks some people off)-10

24 items up this week, 39 total for two weeks.

I still think they have a low amount of items. Its good to see Ephant Mon up there. I hope they don't go for much so those who don't have him get a chance. Same deal with Silver R2 but I think it was a little easier to get. The interactive R2 could have easily been had for $50. Wuher is already up to 5,500. This is yet another hint at Hasbro that the second wave of Cantina is popular. I wish they had more cantina sets to put up or something.

amidalak
10-08-2003, 09:24 PM
I still think they have a low amount of items. Its good to see Ephant Mon up there. I hope they don't go for much so those who don't have him get a chance. Same deal with Silver R2 but I think it was a little easier to get. The interactive R2 could have easily been had for $50. Wuher is already up to 5,500. This is yet another hint at Hasbro that the second wave of Cantina is popular. I wish they had more cantina sets to put up or something.

this could actually be good for all you guys who are hung up on kitik and the cantina guys. with the bid that took kitik, and then wuher being this high already, that shows a pretty good demand. i think these auctions may have sealed the deal on those guys showing up at retail, probably in different packaging/with different accessories, but showing up all the same.

i would probably have liked to see a few more items, but this is o.k. 39 items in 2 weeks, just for speculation, let's say 20 items a week X 13 weeks = 260 items. that's not too bad. and before i get roasted, i like the competition aspect, so i don't mind if everyone doesn't get something (i know many of you don't agree with that.) but we may see more and more items each week if this thing continues to go well, and since it seems much of the outrage has simmered down.

Stemp Fester
10-08-2003, 10:45 PM
I'm interested to know what the lowest winning bid on a Sacul was, given that there was ten up for grabs...

plo koon 200
10-08-2003, 10:47 PM
The lowest winning bid is the one that was showing last. Whenever they have multiple items up for bid they show the lowest bid placed.

plo koon 200
10-08-2003, 10:54 PM
this could actually be good for all you guys who are hung up on kitik and the cantina guys. with the bid that took kitik, and then wuher being this high already, that shows a pretty good demand. i think these auctions may have sealed the deal on those guys showing up at retail, probably in different packaging/with different accessories, but showing up all the same.

i would probably have liked to see a few more items, but this is o.k. 39 items in 2 weeks, just for speculation, let's say 20 items a week X 13 weeks = 260 items. that's not too bad. and before i get roasted, i like the competition aspect, so i don't mind if everyone doesn't get something (i know many of you don't agree with that.) but we may see more and more items each week if this thing continues to go well, and since it seems much of the outrage has simmered down.

I would not say my outrage has quite simmered down. Only that these auctions have exhausted me and I have practically said everything under the sun that could be said about them.

I also have some interesting statistics that I figured out for those interested. The cash equivalant of the JMP's based on last weeks bid is about 5 cents for every ten points which is one figure or half a penny for one point. I figured this out based on the fact Sacul ended at around 15,000 points and is worth around $75 after shipping charges and that Kitik ended at around 20,000 points and is worth around $100 at the moment. I will keep track each week the cash value of points. Now it seems low but it may go up.

Also if you think about it at 400 points we would get $2 in cash which is the estimated cost of a figure and add on $3 for shipping and there is no excuse for not having a mail-away. Actually if you think about it, it should only be about 200 points because it should only cost Hasbro $1 to make the figure because they would not need to make packaging for it, which is usually 50-60% the cost of a toy, anyways. So for Hasbro to spend $1 to make a figure that they can even limit we would have to spend $100 dolllars in product which Hasbro would get around $60 and based on the cost of their product make $20. So for a mail-away figure Hasbro would be making $19 instead of $20. Big whoop.

amidalak
10-08-2003, 11:39 PM
I would not say my outrage has quite simmered down. Only that these auctions have exhausted me and I have practically said everything under the sun that could be said about them.

I also have some interesting statistics that I figured out for those interested. The cash equivalant of the JMP's based on last weeks bid is about 5 cents for every ten points which is one figure or half a penny for one point. I figured this out based on the fact Sacul ended at around 15,000 points and is worth around $75 after shipping charges and that Kitik ended at around 20,000 points and is worth around $100 at the moment. I will keep track each week the cash value of points. Now it seems low but it may go up.

Also if you think about it at 400 points we would get $2 in cash which is the estimated cost of a figure and add on $3 for shipping and there is no excuse for not having a mail-away. Actually if you think about it, it should only be about 200 points because it should only cost Hasbro $1 to make the figure because they would not need to make packaging for it, which is usually 50-60% the cost of a toy, anyways. So for Hasbro to spend $1 to make a figure that they can even limit we would have to spend $100 dolllars in product which Hasbro would get around $60 and based on the cost of their product make $20. So for a mail-away figure Hasbro would be making $19 instead of $20. Big whoop.

o.k., not following this one. how do you figure sacul at $75 and kitik at $100? secondary market value? if so, that isn't valid, as secondary market value has nothing to do with hasbro. besides, JMP's have no cash value, period. without the auctions they would just be pieces of cardboard (actually, with the auctions, they are still just pieces of cardboard, hasbro isn't getting any cash out of this). besides, it may only cost $1 to actually manufacture the figure, but it costs more than that to plan, develop, sculpt, make molds, etc. to get to the point of manufacturing the figure. i wish they would do a mail away, too, but this argument isn't really solid for one, unless i have misunderstood, in which case, i'm sure you can explain.

Boba Fetish
10-09-2003, 04:14 AM

Oh yes, my insistence is to seal the deal, now they need to hurry up and make these available. Well I can wait I guess, but I prefer they get it done, I am sick of waiting. I think I will hum "Bring me my Kitik Keed'kak." in a sort of Gregorian Chant style like Ace Ventura does with "Alrighty Then" and then my focused energies will bring these desires into fruition as Lightning and Thunder storm down from the heavens.

Fast Forward to the morning after drinking cheap Merlot all night and as I stumble into my backyard all hungover I find it lying in the dirt before me. A gift for me, a Kitik Keed'kak of my own. :crazed: :crazed:

plo koon 200
10-09-2003, 08:36 AM
o.k., not following this one. how do you figure sacul at $75 and kitik at $100? secondary market value? if so, that isn't valid, as secondary market value has nothing to do with hasbro. besides, JMP's have no cash value, period. without the auctions they would just be pieces of cardboard (actually, with the auctions, they are still just pieces of cardboard, hasbro isn't getting any cash out of this). besides, it may only cost $1 to actually manufacture the figure, but it costs more than that to plan, develop, sculpt, make molds, etc. to get to the point of manufacturing the figure. i wish they would do a mail away, too, but this argument isn't really solid for one, unless i have misunderstood, in which case, i'm sure you can explain.

I was basing on secondary value because the reason why these items got such high bids was because of the secondary value. If Jorg Sacul and Kitik were worth $10 each the amount that was bidded on them would dramatically increased. When people start to bid any currency, whether another country's or JMP's, the value of them is converted based on the CURENT GOING VALUE OF AN ITEM. A house may cost only $40,000 to build but after ten years you may be able to sell the house for $60,000 and that becomes the offical value. Same thing with toys. A toy released 3 years ago may have cost $7 but its going value now can be $12 and that is what it is actually worth.

As far as it costing $1 a figure, I was taking into account averaging out the costs among figures produced. If Hasbro made around 100,000 of this mail-away then I'm sure that the cost overall for all figures would be around $1. And if they made more like a million then the cost may be only a quarter for figure averaged out. You must not forgot that all those things you mentioned, tooling, sculpting, molds, etc. are all averaged into the overall cost. That is how Hasbro figures out the minium amount of figures they need to make.

aceguide
10-09-2003, 09:17 AM
UGH!

Is this my only chance to own Ephant!?!?! No way I can "afford" him.

And why silver R2's. Is the anyone that didn't get to TRU for their free one?

Does anyone have the winning bid #s? The math on this thing still doesn't add up...

It is good to hear that they are policing these auctions.

plo koon 200
10-09-2003, 10:58 AM
The lowest bid on Silver R2 which they have seven listed is going for 990 and the lowest bid on Ephant Mon is 1000 which they have ten. I'm actually kind of surprised at these numbers because I would have imagined that most collectors with around these many points would at least have the Silver R2. I can kind of see these people not having Ephant Mon except for the fact I have found 30 around where I live which is a scalper crazy place.

amidalak
10-09-2003, 11:42 AM
I was basing on secondary value because the reason why these items got such high bids was because of the secondary value. If Jorg Sacul and Kitik were worth $10 each the amount that was bidded on them would dramatically increased. When people start to bid any currency, whether another country's or JMP's, the value of them is converted based on the CURENT GOING VALUE OF AN ITEM. A house may cost only $40,000 to build but after ten years you may be able to sell the house for $60,000 and that becomes the offical value. Same thing with toys. A toy released 3 years ago may have cost $7 but its going value now can be $12 and that is what it is actually worth.

you can convert other forms of currency because they have value outside of their country or intended use and so therefore can be exchanged. JMP's don't have that. outside of these auctions they have no value whatsoever. what's more, in the auctions, JMP's are not interchangeable with real money or anything else, another reason why i don't think this argument stands up.

the reason jorg and kitik took such high bids was because of the scarcity of them, not because of the high secondary market value. the high 2ndary market value is a result of that scarcity and has nothing to do with the bidding in the auction. the only way the high bids and the high secondary market value are related is that they are both functions of the scarcity of those items. if the supply is low and demand is high, the price will shoot into the sky! (JMP's or cash, i'm a poet :crazed: )

As far as it costing $1 a figure, I was taking into account averaging out the costs among figures produced. If Hasbro made around 100,000 of this mail-away then I'm sure that the cost overall for all figures would be around $1. And if they made more like a million then the cost may be only a quarter for figure averaged out. You must not forgot that all those things you mentioned, tooling, sculpting, molds, etc. are all averaged into the overall cost. That is how Hasbro figures out the minium amount of figures they need to make.

the actual cost to manufacture the figure doesn't change. if it costs $1 to manufacture a figure, then hasbro has to sell that figure for more than a dollar to recoup that $1 manufacturing cost, then recoup the money spent in tooling, molds, etc., and then make a profit. the money they spent in tooling and such they make up by spreading it across the amount they sell, but the manufacturing costs don't really change.

i also don't agree that hasbro figures out how many of each figure they need to make depends on the total cost of developing that individual figure. if that were the case, where are all the ephant mon's? he is a huge chunk of plastic and is one of the more ornate sculpts. i have to believe that he was one of the more expensive figures for them to develop and manufacture. by your reasoning we should have tons and tons of them, which is not the case (instead we have tons of jango's and han's). i think it is more reasonable to believe hasbro bases how many figs to produce on expected demand. old ephant is an obscure palace alien that only really appeals to those of us who have watched the movies more than a couple times. smaller audience to appease, smaller production numbers. (then add that to the terrible distrubution woes of the past year, and that's why lots of folks need an ephant mon.)

plo koon 200
10-09-2003, 12:33 PM
In regards to JMP's they can be exchanged for currency, either through an auction in ebay, someone selling them online for cash, or even possibly trading them. So in a way they are currency. You might say that you can exchange Euro dollars for American dollars, yes, but you cannot walk into Wal-Marts and try paying them with Euro dollars. I view it is the same case here with the JMP's. You may disagree with my economic viewpoint here.

For the figures you are partially right. But when they tool the figure, etc. they spread that cost out among the toys they make. Therefore if it cost $10,000 to sculpt, $10,000 to make a mold, etc. And it comes to a total of $100,000 pre-production costs and about 50 cents to make each figure and they make 100,000 figures it will cost them $1.50 make each figure. If they make 1,000,000 of these figuires then it will ost them 60 cents to make.

Yes you are right that figures are produced on popularity but they also have a pre-set limit on the amount needed to be made. They made a lot of Ephant Mon's. I saw around 30 where I live at. The only problem is that they are very popular. Some people bought tons of these. I know I bought five myself because I was so amazed with the sculpt. Hasbro even stated they made a lot of Ephant Mon's. While there they may have been only one case that had him in it, I'm postive the amount of cases that shipped out were very high.

jedi67
10-09-2003, 12:34 PM
JEDI MAster points are a joke i believe it would have ben far better if we could use these points like money that we paid for these figures and buy any of the new figures or vehicles. so far i havent seen any figure thats worth bidding on or the bid is more than what the figure is worth.COME ON HASBRO I THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER :cry:

plo koon 200
10-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Many people agree. You may want to check out the "offical" Jedi Master Points thread to see what other people have said on the matter.

There is also a petition to sign if you want to in another thread.

amidalak
10-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Many people agree. You may want to check out the "offical" Jedi Master Points thread to see what other people have said on the matter.

There is also a petition to sign if you want to in another thread.

some people don't agree, but plo koon 200 and boba fetish and I have been having a lot of fun debating it in the other thread!

amidalak
10-09-2003, 01:07 PM
In regards to JMP's they can be exchanged for currency, either through an auction in ebay, someone selling them online for cash, or even possibly trading them. So in a way they are currency. You might say that you can exchange Euro dollars for American dollars, yes, but you cannot walk into Wal-Marts and try paying them with Euro dollars. I view it is the same case here with the JMP's. You may disagree with my economic viewpoint here.

i do, only because the JMP's wouldn't be on ebay, being sold, or being traded without the auctions, making any value the JMP's have due entirely to the auctions.

do you think this thread will last the whole length of the auctions? i have to admit, i'm getting tired :p

plo koon 200
10-09-2003, 02:37 PM
I bet it will last through the auction maybe even two weeks afterwards. It may slowdown to around only a couple of posts per week. But currently this thread is actually still doing well for the amount of posts there have been just in the past three days.

plo koon 200
10-09-2003, 06:01 PM
Now Wuher is up to 14,990 points. He seems almost as popular as Kitik.

plo koon 200
10-09-2003, 06:14 PM
RS has reported this.

Jedi Master Points: A New Item Daily
Curto: Hasbro has sent out notice to subscribers that their Jedi Master Points auctions will no longer introduce new items each week. Instead, they will be adding new items on a daily basis for collectors to bid on. Stay tuned for more details.

I think that this is better than 4 new items a week but still they can do better than this.

amidalak
10-09-2003, 06:21 PM
Now Wuher is up to 14,990 points. He seems almost as popular as Kitik.

i think that that bid is one of the folks who didn't get kitik, someone bid that exact same amount in the kitik auction.

an item a day is kinda cool, if the items are what is being reported over at GH. i do hope that last years holiday set comes up, though, hopefully late in the auctions, that way all the big point holders can be gone and i can have a shot! :D never saw that set around here :cry:

AmanaMatt
10-09-2003, 10:36 PM
Ok, I was finally able to register for this auction for the first time today!?!?!Previously, every time I would try to sign up, I got an error page - anyone else get this.....? From the sound of it, seems unlikely....well, given the current auction is going for crazy points again, I doubt I will even bother to get on and win, though it'll be, er fun, to watch the circus act.

plo koon 200
10-09-2003, 10:44 PM
I find it enteresting that everything will go for around a starting bid of 10 points each except for a few items. Even Sacul is set to start at 10 points. Well, I'm glad to see a lot of Aayla Secura's up. She is one of my most favorite figures. I hope some collectors get something. Anything I want has a low quantity so I know I wont win anything.

Boba Fetish
10-10-2003, 06:43 AM
14,900 points :stupid:
Why would someone that is a scumbag that is redecoed to look like more of a scumbag go for that many points. Geese, this guy was available forever through the fanclub and I think even showed up at Walmart for sometime. The fact that this figure is giving Kitik a run for her money perturbs me. C'mon you wierdos. I am beggining to think they could throw any old garbage up there and there would be someone who would blow thousands of points on it. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

thespar
10-10-2003, 08:30 AM
fun points to what some might have paid to get the points.
Wuhr $67305.10
R2-d2 Interactive $25199.50
R2-D2 Silver $9980
Ephtan Man $10518.80
this is assume only the basic figures prices at $4.99.

Boba Fetish
10-11-2003, 02:02 AM
I saw the listing of what else was on bid and nothing interested me, but for kicks I decided to check JMP.com and here is my question.

Where are the other auctions? I see people talking about them but didn't find any link on their website to these auctions. Not very intuitive if you ask me. Maybe I am just freakin' blind.

plo koon 200
10-11-2003, 12:25 PM
The other auctions still have not started.

Teeska Mon Eebon
10-11-2003, 01:22 PM
I won a plastic lightsaber for 260! that's accually kinda expensive if you accually think about it but it's still cheaper than the analysis droids.

jjreason
10-11-2003, 01:52 PM
Expensive based on the math posted above, but comparably cheap in terms of points spent! Congrats on the win, and keep us posted as to how it works out in terms of timeliness of shipping, condition of your item on arrival, etc. Great work!

Teeska Mon Eebon
10-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Well I'm mailing them in today.. hopefully not to late, it ended on wendsday (sorry bout the spelling) and I've been busy all week.

thespar
10-11-2003, 09:24 PM
just want to know what was postage on your points.

plo koon 200
10-12-2003, 03:10 PM
I won a plastic lightsaber for 260! that's accually kinda expensive if you accually think about it but it's still cheaper than the analysis droids.

So were you in the kids section. I can't belive that. Only 260 points. That is a bargain compared to the 3,000 points the Silver R2's are going for and those were free. Basic Sabers are still $20. And I bet you did not spend much to send out those points. Maybe a couple of dollars. I should have lied about my age and signed up for the kids section. No, that would be dishonest. But I'm glad for your winning. Now only if items would go for that cheap around the adults section. Hey how much did the other items end for around in the kids section? I really want to know. It would be great to compare the cheap kids prices to the stupid collector prices.

I think the amount these items ended for on the kids section proves that there just are not as many kids into Star Wars toys.

Boba Fetish
10-13-2003, 04:07 AM
Tisk, Tisk, Tisk, This thread is slipping it needs to stay at the top to emphasize to Hasbro that we need Kitik Keed'kak. Sorry if I am killing this issue. :D

Jawa Pinocchio
10-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Hellboy73 is right Hasbro should do something like making an online exclusive, it not asking much of HAsbro. God knows they have tons of money to do it.

Teeska Mon Eebon
10-13-2003, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE][So were you in the kids section. I can't belive that. Only 260 points. That is a bargain compared to the 3,000 points the Silver R2's are going for and those were free. Basic Sabers are still $20. And I bet you did not spend much to send out those points. Maybe a couple of dollars. I should have lied about my age and signed up for the kids section. No, that would be dishonest. But I'm glad for your winning. Now only if items would go for that cheap around the adults section. Hey how much did the other items end for around in the kids section? I really want to know. It would be great to compare the cheap kids prices to the stupid collector prices.

I think the amount these items ended for on the kids section proves that there just are not as many kids into Star Wars toys./QUOTE]

It was one of the cheap 5.99/6.99 lightsabers

Oh I put 4 stamps on an envelope that had the letter and the points in it.

Teeska Mon Eebon
10-13-2003, 09:31 PM
Stomp'in Wompa: 200 (REally mad I didn't bid on this!)

I don't know the others but it was just a book and something else...

Right now Geneosian Starfighter 1050

Arena Playset: 810

Coleman Tembor: 570

Library analysis droids: 300

plo koon 200
10-14-2003, 08:36 AM
Still compared to everything else those are excellent prices. I would bid on a Trebor at that price and an Arena playset had I not already had one. The Wampa was at only 200 points. That is a good deal if you ask me. A very good deal.

Oh yah and thanks for the numbers. I appreciate it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-14-2003, 06:13 PM
I won an Epic Duels game for 220 points last week in the Kid's Corner. Not too bad.

plo koon 200
10-14-2003, 11:04 PM
Not bad at all. I don't see stuff going for that cheap in these auctions. I think that should give Hasbro a clue. At the least they should have more items to bid on for the adults because of the outrageous amount of points everything is going for.