PDA

View Full Version : Episode III Spy Report: Toasted Anakin's

I am Jabba the Hutt
10-02-2003, 10:36 AM
EP3: SPY REPORT: Third Times a Charm
Tue, Sep 30, 03 03:02:26 PM EDT

TFN Insider Timberwolf files this report with more details on possible makeup tests for Anakin in some of the final scenes of Episode III. These are heavy spoilers, so if you're on the edge you may want to pass them up. You've been warned!
I can see that the original reports of Anakin meeting the lava are causing quite a stir. What I'm about to tell you details the look of Anakin at the end of the film, I hope you don't mind being spoiled this early.
Basically, there's several "toasted Anakins" - three to be exact. I can give you the details on each, though I have no idea which one(s) actually will be used in the final version of the film.

Anakin Test #1: Anakin is burned black almost completely head to toe, except for his face. He is charcoal black and it honestly is sickening. The only burn marks on his face creep up along his right side of the face and the top and bottom of his eye. His ear is almost completely gone and around his lips there are several severe burns as well. This is really a sight to behold.

Anakin Test #2: This test involved Hayden getting made to look very close to the unmasked Vader from Return of the Jedi. His skin is very dark tan in color and he has that huge gash in the right side of the top his head and other marks you may recognize. There are many small burns and scrapes on his face, with the most substantial burns appearing on both cheeks and then burned to a black crisp the rest of the way down.

Anakin Test #3: In this final version, Hayden was made up to be burned, but not NEARLY as severe. He has massive bags under his eyes and his hair is almost completely singed off - but not quite, some stubble still remains. The left side of his face is in terrible condition, extending down his neck then to an entirely burned body as well. The others look more over the top, where this one looks more like just terrible 2nd degree burns.

Which ever of the three they choose, we're in for quite a sight. Wow ...

Which one is being used in the final picture? Maybe several? We don't know ... yet.

Wow, personally, I hope he looks like test number 2. I want him to look close to the unmasked Vader in Episode III and also, I want him to look so messed up that you can totally understand his anger and hate, especially towards Obi-Wan.
Which one would you lot prefer? :)

tagmac
10-02-2003, 10:22 PM
Definitely number 2! The other two make absolutely zero sense if there is to be continuity with the OT.

Anakin2121
10-03-2003, 10:16 AM
We'll probably get the less-severe #3 to appease all the 2-year-olds that'll watch the movie. :mad:

TheDarthVader
10-03-2003, 10:13 PM
#2 would be the right way to go. lol, that sounds bad.

scruffziller
10-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Tests 1 and 3 sound too morbid for GL to do.