PDA

View Full Version : Have you gotten the Clone Wars wave yet? Will you?

Darth Poopypants
10-02-2003, 01:36 PM
.....my Target had the Yoda, Anakin and ARC Trooper so I picked them up. IMHO, the Yoda and Anakin are disposable but I wish I'd picked up more ARC Troopers. It's odd because at my Target they had nothing forever and now everyday they are restocking SW. Actually, it seems like Cinema Scenes there are going to be shelve-warmers because they've got about 30 just sitting there. Well, have you gotten the new wave and what do you think??????

amidalak
10-02-2003, 01:41 PM
yeah, i got them in the value packs at walmart, they are ok, yoda's giant left hand freaks me out a little, but the ARC is cool and the ani is acceptable. shouldn't this be in the clone wars section, though?

bobafrett
10-02-2003, 02:21 PM
I got the Yoda, Anakin and ARC trooper at Wal-Mart also. Both in the single and in the Bonus pack. Why I have to have both is really beyong me. I wish they would have kept the numbering system going. This is the only way I know if I'm missing a particular figure or not.

Jaff
10-02-2003, 06:05 PM
I passed on all of these.

Banthaholic
10-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Got all three single carded, and all three value packs.

plo koon 200
10-04-2003, 09:31 PM
I have these but no value packs. Does this belong in the Clone Wars thread?

Battle Droid
10-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Haven't found anything. :frus:

stillakid
10-04-2003, 11:26 PM
Actually, it seems like Cinema Scenes there are going to be shelve-warmers because they've got about 30 just sitting there.

Where do you live? I've only seen them once, and that was because I got a friendly heads-up email from a nearby collector. I scurried out of the house after dinner and drove 20 minutes to get them. Other than that, these things are scarce at best...non-existent is more like it. And NO Clone Trooper multi-packs anywhere. I've seen the Hailfire droid and the Geonosis fighter just once (the time I bought them...the only two in the store).

Distribution clearly blows up the wazoo. I can't wait for the day when all brick and morter stores are boarded up and manufacturers deal directly with the public via the internet. For stuff like this, Hasbro could take pre-orders/commitments from consumers and then know exactly how much of what to actually make. We'd get everything we want in the quantities we want and they wouldn't be stuck with peg-warmers. Win win for everybody. Yeah, I know, that's a pipedream.

plasticfetish
10-05-2003, 01:49 AM
Where do you live? I've only seen them once...
We've had a bunch of them over here at my end of LA county (Long Beach area). I've seen a bunch of all four Cinema Scenes at the Targets all over here, same thing with the three Clone Wars figures. One of the Wal-Marts (hard to believe) even filled their pegs with those figures. It's a bit absurd.

As for buying and have or will I ...
I've bought all three (x2, single card only, haven't seen any value packs) and I'm looking forward to the next bunch.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2003, 12:35 PM
I got the Yoda, Anakin and ARC trooper at Wal-Mart also. Both in the single and in the Bonus pack. Why I have to have both is really beyong me. I wish they would have kept the numbering system going. This is the only way I know if I'm missing a particular figure or not.
On the cardbacks of the CW figures, they are numbered. The numbers don't show on the CW inserts or the W-M value packs anywhere. Here's a list of the most recent figures and their numbers (42-48 are CW):

#33 Bail Organa (Alderaan Senator)
#34 McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper
#35 Imperial Dignitary - Janus Greejatus (Death Star Procession)
#36 Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead)
#37 Achk Med-Beq (Coruscant Outlander Nightclub)
#38 Ayy Vida (Outlander Nightclub Patron)
#39 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Nightclub Encounter)
#40 Elan Sleazebaggano (Outlander Nightclub Encounter)
#41 Imperial Dignitary - Kren Blista-Vanee (Death Star Procession)
#42 Anakin Skywalker
#43 ARC Trooper
#44 Yoda
#45 Obi-Wan Kenobi (General of the Republic Army)
#46 Durge (Commander of the Separatist Forces)
#47 Asajj Ventress (Sith Apprentice)
#48 Mace Windu (General of the Republic Army)

LTBasker
10-05-2003, 12:43 PM
Indeedy I will and whatnot. After coming up with only a hive of CW Anakins and Yodas, I found the ARC Trooper at another Wal-Mart today. Also there was the Anakin 2-pack (needed that). Can't wait for Wave 2, these CW figs are pretty cool.

darthzirock
10-05-2003, 06:01 PM
First of all, shouldn't this thread be over in the Clone Wars section?

Secondly, all I've seen here in Western North Carolina were the Clone Wars Value Packs at Wal-Mart, which sold out in under 72-hours in every store within a 50-mile radius! :eek: While the Targets here are getting the vehicles (Hailfire Droids and Geonosian Fighters are plentiful), the only multi-packs I've seen are the Destroyer Droid Launchers and Battle Droid 3-packs, with an all-white Clone Trooper pack spotted just once! I've heard claims that TRU in my area had the Jedi Army pack in once, but I sure never saw it! I'd love to get the single-carded Anakin, Yoda, and ARC Trooper, as well as the next wave, but I'm not very hopeful of ever seeing them at retail!

evenflow
10-05-2003, 08:05 PM
If i See Durge and the female Jedi (can never remember her name) I will pickt hem up. Thats about it. No interest in the others.

Val Da Car
10-05-2003, 11:18 PM
I just got the Yellow army builder and it is very cool....indeed...more CW stuff for me....I have grown tired of the rehash of POTF and such figures in saga packaging..

darthzirock
10-19-2003, 02:29 AM
Well, I picked up the single-carded Yoda, Anakin, and ARC Trooper CW figures, even though it was another paint-error lightsaber with Yoda! Wal-Mart got these guys in, and I've heard they are showing up at TRU, KB, and Target here in NC. Hopefully, I'll find the second wave before too long, and maybe even a corrected-lightsaber Yoda!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-19-2003, 09:54 AM
I've gotten the single carded Anakin, ARC Trooper, and Yoda. I'm still searching for the value packs though.

evenflow
10-19-2003, 10:22 AM
I saw them yesterday...passed on them. I would have bought Durge and Assaj, but no luck on them. I instead picked up set 2 of the war room, and was so made because they had a set 2 of the JEdi, but Depa's head was broken off.

sith_killer_99
10-19-2003, 11:23 AM
So far I have MOMC:

Blue Clone 3 pack
Green Clone 3 pack
Yellow Clone 3 pack

Anakin/Blue Clone value pack
Yoda/Yellow Clone value pack
ARC Trooper/White Clone value pack

Anakin Skywalker (basic)
Yoda (basic)
ARC Trooper (basic)

and loose:

White Clone 3 pack
Blue Clone 3 pack (X2)
Green Clone 3 pack (X2)
Yellow Clone 3 pack (X2)

Anakin/Blue Clone value pack (X2)
Yoda/Yellow Clone value pack (X2)
ARC Trooper/White Clone value pack (X4)

I still need:

1 White Clone 3 pack MOMC
3 Red Clone 3 packs (1 MOMC)
6 ARCTrooper/White Clone value packs (loose/non-mint pkg)

Unfortunatly I had to resort to Ebay for most of my value packs. I bought a couple of sets off of one guy to save on shipping. I also traded for some of the Clone 3 packs. It has been a real pain, but if you want something bad enough...

So, to answer your question, yes I have lots of Clone Wars stuff. I wasn't too keen on the singles of Anakin, Yoda and ARC Trooper. It's just that everybody and their brother have been getting these, and I am afraid stores will judge the line based on the strength of sales on these soon to be peg warmers. So I bought a set. :Pirate:

LTBasker
10-19-2003, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't worry about that Killer, my Wal-Mart a few weeks ago had 8 pegs full of Anakin and Yoda singles but now they're down to like 3 of each. It's great to see that the singles are selling ok. :)

darthzirock
10-23-2003, 01:58 AM
Finally found a CW Jedi Army 3-pack!!! Oddly enough, it was at a K-Mart waaaaay up in the boonies (Conover, NC). They had 2 Clone Trooper (all-white) 3-packs, too, but I'll wait for the super-articulated CT coming out with the Kit Fisto wave.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-23-2003, 02:06 PM
I've sighted 2 of the Cinema Scenes and 3 basic figures from the Clone Wars Wave (Yoda, ARC Trooper & Anakin). So far I've only bought 1 of the Cinema Scenes (the Geonosian War Room). I am definitely not going to remain a completist collector when it comes to this line, unless by miracle, I will find all of the figures from the line dirt cheap.

darthzirock
10-24-2003, 11:25 AM
I've sighted 2 of the Cinema Scenes and 3 basic figures from the Clone Wars Wave (Yoda, ARC Trooper & Anakin). So far I've only bought 1 of the Cinema Scenes (the Geonosian War Room). I am definitely not going to remain a completist collector when it comes to this line, unless by miracle, I will find all of the figures from the line dirt cheap.

I, too, have decided that being a completist just isn't a financial possibility. When the figures were $1.98, back in 1978, sure! But at $5 a pop, it adds up quickly! While I'm still getting all the basic figures (Saga and Clone Wars), I've passed on the Scene Packs and all the CW multi-packs (except the Jedi Army). Although I picked up the TRU Imperial Forces and Bounty Hunter 4-packs, I passed on the Hoth one. Hopefully, some of the Scene Pack figures, like Even Piel, will eventually make it to the basic figures (complete with lightsaber!).

Kidhuman
10-24-2003, 03:38 PM
I only got the Yoda, Anakin andARCTrooper. Havent seen anything else from the line.

Dr Zoltar
10-24-2003, 03:41 PM
Got wave 2 of the single figures last night. Man do Mace and Obi-Wan look good. Best sculpting to date! And the paint job on Mace is incredible.

Hellboy
10-24-2003, 07:44 PM
I agree that CW Mace looks fantastic. Great facial expression and I like the fact that you can remove the lower half of his cloak. The articulation on the arms works very well and the paint is excellent. Best representation of him thus far but I'm rather dissapointed in CW Obi-Wan. His head is abnormally skinny (looks like he stuck it in a vice) and again absolutely no likeness to Ewan. He has no leg or wrist articulation leaving him with only one noteable point, the elbow of the right arm. The paint is nice but IMO thats about the only good thing I can say about this figure.

fishyfett
10-25-2003, 09:48 AM
Got wave 2 of the single figures last night. Man do Mace and Obi-Wan look good. Best sculpting to date! And the paint job on Mace is incredible. I didn't know Wave 2 is already out!!! Cool!!! Have they just become available recently??? Or been around for awhile now??? Man, and I thought I'm caught up with my collection. Yup, time to power up Subaru I and start hunting, again........ :evil:

sith_killer_99
10-25-2003, 11:27 AM
I agree that CW Mace looks fantastic. Great facial expression and I like the fact that you can remove the lower half of his cloak.

Best representation of him thus far

Best sculpting to date! And the paint job on Mace is incredible.

Well, now I have to see this thing up close. When you guy's say the "best to date" does that include the EP1 Preview Mace?!?!? IMO, he has been the best to date, with all the SAGA stuff seriously sucking wind.

Hellboy
10-25-2003, 05:22 PM
When you guy's say the "best to date" does that include the EP1 Preview Mace?!?!?

I personally like him better but I'd imagine others will still like EP1 Preview Mace better because he's not EU.

Interesting note about Mace's head- Like Asajj he has a ball joint type head similar to the Clonetroopers from the 3-packs. I wonder if this style will start being used on the Saga figures or if it's just something we're seeing in the CW line.

I also must correct myself from my earlier post. Obi-Wan does have elbow articulation on his left arm as well. Mine was for some reason stuck but after twisting it I got it to move. I still don't like this figure much though.

Kidhuman
10-26-2003, 09:54 AM
Isnt that the Mace with the ET neck? I think it looked ridiculous. Maybe I would need to see it close up.

Darth Poopypants
10-26-2003, 11:18 AM
just picked up Asaaj, Durge, Obi and Mace (along with the Dannl Faytonni wave). Nice, I dig Durge and Asaaj and Mace is cool. Obi wan is same old same old, though...

jedi master sal
10-28-2003, 09:52 AM
You guys are forgetting the ships!

There's the repacked ATT
Aquamarine colored Jedi Starfighter
Geonosian Fighter
and the best IMO, the Hailfire droid.

I too have the initial wave of three and all of the bonus packs as well as all of the three packs except Red and Green.

Don't forget the Deluxe Speeders as well. I have one of each of them as well.

Does anyone have proof (pictures, links) of what the "new" Clonetrooper looks like?

Isn't it the White Clonetrooper from the Bonus packs? Which is actually the Red Clone from 4/23 just no markings.

I hope so. That's an awesome figure!

Please post "proof not leads" (To take from an Imperial Admiral...)

Hellboy
10-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Does anyone have proof (pictures, links) of what the "new" Clonetrooper looks like?

Isn't it the White Clonetrooper from the Bonus packs? Which is actually the Red Clone from 4/23 just no markings.

I hope so. That's an awesome figure!

Please post "proof not leads" (To take from an Imperial Admiral...)

If you're refering to the super articulated Clonetrooper I posted pictures of the prototype and poster he's featured on in this thread if you'd like to check it out but I've yet to see any other pictures.
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20911