PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit size of Anakin's fighter...

seanmcfripp
10-02-2003, 03:36 PM
The Clone Wars Anakin doesn't fit into the regular Jedi Starfighter. Anyone know if Anakin's fighter has a bigger cockpit? If he can't fit, that would be quite a shame. This version Anakin is quite obviously supposed to be a pilot. Since the costume is in the territory of "Expanded Universe", Hasbro could have toned down the tunic (the skirt part around his legs) without any problem. We have no point of reference to judge how the figure should or shouldn't look, it's a completely original concept. They could have put Anakin in just a regular pair of pants and I'm sure we would have thought it was just as cool (or crappy). Or just give him a fabric skirt (like the upcoming Saese Tiin, which is a very nice looking figure by the way). Or make the tunic removal like the Clone Wars Mace. Bottom line: make him fit in the fighter!

What does Hasbro have against figures fitting into vehicles anyway? Especially Anakin.

amidalak
10-02-2003, 11:26 PM
with a little help from an extra tatooine attack ani, i'm going to give my clone wars ani a cloth skirt. i'm sure it will be all the rage this season! ;)

LTBasker
10-03-2003, 02:53 AM
What about the wedding Anakin? With his metal hand he'd be accurate.. wasn't his skirt piece kinda soft as well? I think they said that Saesee's in pilot form because the Jedi Starfighter's for him, and hopefully Anakin'll fit in his Starfighter. It's like april '02 all over again. :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
10-06-2003, 09:47 AM
According to the box, the text reads something like: "Cockpit canopy opens. Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker figure fits inside!"

Yeah... we'll see about that!

Billy_Dee_Binks
10-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Must.....save Obi Wan.....ugh...canīt sit in my canopy....
aww, damn skirt! -Obi Wan dead, Clone Wars lost.END! :crazed:

JediTricks
10-08-2003, 01:38 AM
It looks like the cockpit of this ship is based on the same design as the regular Jedi Fighter toy.

LTBasker
10-08-2003, 02:19 AM
Well looks like Saesae fits perfectly in the green JSF: http://www.rebelscum.com/clonewars/sw03cwjedifighterpilotA.jpg

Can't wait to get him and the Fighter, looks like a nice display. Hopefully the cockpit on Anakin's fighter will be modified, somehow I doubt it though...

seanmcfripp
10-08-2003, 10:42 AM
Wait...that's the POTJ version of Saese Tiin with the cloak removed. Still looks good though.

You know, CW Anakin actually looks pretty good on his ATOC Swoop bike. The feet don't quite match up to the foot pegs, but the "seat belt" holds him place. The fit is similar to the way the Saga Hoth Han fits on the tauntaun. It might be kind of fun to have him "joust" with Durge (when I find Durge with his bike, that is).

Dark Marble
10-10-2003, 02:04 PM
I have been worried about the Anakin figure not fitting in the new fighter too. I hate that we get these vehicles that don't hold any of the figures. I bought the green starfighter for Mace to find out I don't have a mace that will sit inside of it. :cry:

This stinks. Does anybody know if the mace that comes with the jedi council will sit in the starfighter???

LTBasker
10-10-2003, 04:05 PM
No doubt it could, he's got jointed knees and a cloth skirt. You could probably slip CW Anakin's headset over him as well. Maybe Pilot Obi's cloak would look good on him...

kdp100
10-18-2003, 01:50 PM
I have been worried about the Anakin figure not fitting in the new fighter too. I hate that we get these vehicles that don't hold any of the figures. I bought the green starfighter for Mace to find out I don't have a mace that will sit inside of it. :cry:

This stinks. Does anybody know if the mace that comes with the jedi council will sit in the starfighter???

Yes! That Mace fits perfectly!
I've had my Jedi Council Mace sitting quite happily in the green Jedi Starfighter for about a month now, with Clone Wars Anakin's headset sitting quite comfortably on him.

That headset's come off today - 'coz I've finally acquired Anakin's enhanced Starfighter - and I can confirm....

... that he *DOES* fit inside the cockpit... :D

...just about! :sur:

At first I tried him without the bandolier, then later with both it and the headset (leaving poor old Mace's ears to get cold).

The Clone Wars Anakin figure WILL sit in its starfighter, but I think that after putting him in and taking him out half a dozen times, the paint on the figure will start to show signs of wear.
So - if you're a loose collector like me, this may be an extra reason to consider the Clone Wars Ani/Blue Lt. Value Pack .....

seanmcfripp
10-19-2003, 10:26 PM
Good to hear that he fits. But I was prepared to de-skirt him with the old exacto knife if he didn't. I knew getting the bonus pack was going to come in handy; it's nice to have a spare Anakin after getting the lieutenant clone trooper.

JediTricks
10-20-2003, 01:08 AM
Does the canopy close neatly with Ani in there? That's a problem my regular Jedi Fighter has with Obi-Wan pilot (though that could be because of the headrest).

Dark Marble
10-21-2003, 07:00 PM
Thanks kdp100!!! I open all of my toys, but I still have my council members in their neat little boxes because I can't figure out how to store the war room tables or the council chairs with out bending the holographs to garbage. But I have extra jedi cloaks thanks to the Target accessory packs and there are a lot of pilot Obi's on sale at the mall so I can get a cloak for Mace. And I planned on getting the green starfighter for Mace so I am glad there is a Mace figure out there that will fit in it. I hope I find Ani's ship soon.

kdp100
10-22-2003, 08:00 AM
Does the canopy close neatly with Ani in there? That's a problem my regular Jedi Fighter has with Obi-Wan pilot (though that could be because of the headrest).
Yes, same for me. Anakin's fighter doesn't have a headrest so this is less of a problem, but it's still quite a tight squeeze. Any sudden jolt might "pop" the canopy just like Obi-Wan's does.

I have extra jedi cloaks thanks to the Target accessory packs and there are a lot of pilot Obi's on sale at the mall so I can get a cloak for Mace.
I couldn't find a cloak to fit Jedi Council Mace on account of the width of his ballooning sleeves... but then I didn't try too hard to find one. Same problem with Coleman Trebor...

Dark Marble
10-22-2003, 12:28 PM
I tried to put a cloak on Trebor too, and it flat out won't work. We if I doesn't work for Mace either, I guess it doesn't work. :(

JediTricks
10-23-2003, 03:39 AM
Thanks KDP, a little disappointing, but hardly surprising.

seanmcfripp
10-23-2003, 12:12 PM
What is up with the sculpts of sleeves these days anyway? Why does Hasbro insist on having big, billowing, highly creased sleeves on Jedi. It didn't used to be that way. Sleeves used to look great and they were functional. Obi-wan, Qui-Gon, Mace and Adi-Galia from the Episoed I line all had normal looking sleeves. And if you move an arm up or down or left or right, they still look okay. But now it is getting to be absurd, and the Jedi council screen scene Mace is a perfect example. His arms only look right when they are posed to make the drape of the sleeve look accurate. Other than that, his arms are useless. Hasbro sculpters need to realize that a soft and simple portrayal of fabric is best for a figure that is going to see alot of "action". Don't make sleeves that are specific to one angle of gravity if the character is going to be holding a lightsaber in numerous poses. The Episode I Mace looks good with his arms at his side, over his head, straight out in front, and in lightsaber slashing poses. The screen scene Mace looks good meditating, and that's all.

You know, I don't get why people like the screen scene version of Mace anyway. He is too short. His proportions are way too small (small feet, skinny legs etc.). His waist is anorexic. And his likeness is terrible. He's very articulated, but looks contorted in almost every pose. Every version of Mace has gotten progressively worse. The very 1st preview figure I think was the best. Neutral stance and good likeness of Sam Jackson. The Episode I version is almost as good. Horrible cloak, but nice to have articulation at the wrist and elbow for lightsaber poses. Plus the sculpt captures Sam Jackson's physicallity well (a slight gut, a bit of a slouch, accurate build of a 50 year old...I dunno, it just looks like Sam Jackson to me). The AOTC deluxe version (with the battle droid) looks pretty good, but the inability to pose arms and the action feature really detract. Could have been a good figure. The Geonosian Rescue version was a POS, all there is to say. A figure with his eyes closed? Come on. Now I don't really consider the total control Mace as part of the regular figures. I think of him as a deluxe figure that isn't really display quality. But I love the figure, loads of fun and really looks pretty good too.

Dark Marble
10-27-2003, 10:49 AM
I think most of the value of the screen scene Mace will come from the being able to put it in the Jedi starfighter which he fits like a glove. Also the cloak from the pilot Obi-Wan fits him perfectly so if you have extras use them.

I really have to agree with your reviews of most of the Mace figures seanmcfripp. I would like to see some better cloaked versions of Mace as well as Obi, and Ani come out here soon. We have got some very "odd" versions of all these characters thanks to the saga collection, but the mark has been missed over and over again for all these figures. Strange poses, no articulation, no cloak, unable to hold the lightsaber with both hands, I thought we were past all of this non-sense. Plus Hasbro releases jedi cloaks in the Target packs that won't fit any of the new figs. Hasbro loves these core characters, lets get them right!!