PDA

View Full Version : Before The Helmet

Pages : [1] 2

Pendo
10-03-2003, 03:43 AM
I Sense Much Fear In You
Now a Jedi Knight, Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) stands solemnly in the office of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, weighing difficult decisions. (Photo by Merrick Morton)

PENDO!

plo koon 200
10-03-2003, 10:58 AM
You can see his scar.

Pendo
10-03-2003, 11:17 AM
You can see his scar.
That's not a scar, that's a scratch :crazed:!!!!!

I was hoping his scar would be one that is visible on has face when his mask is removed in ROTJ, but he doesn't have that scar in Episode 6! I thought the scar would be more like the one he has on his left cheek!

PENDO!

plo koon 200
10-03-2003, 12:08 PM
I agree. It does not amount to much. But I'm sure we will see that scar after the duel.

TheDarthVader
10-03-2003, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the pic Pendo!! :D

tagmac
10-03-2003, 10:19 PM
Awesome pic!!! That scar may seem like nothing, but it already defines Anakin more than in Ep. II. The ROTJ scar will come, likely as a result of the battle with Obi-Wan.

[DSS]Pedr0
10-04-2003, 08:55 AM
You can see his scar.
It was stated by the OS that this scar seen here WILL NOT be explained in EP III. However, in one of the upcoming books/games/cartoons, it might be.

I am Jabba the Hutt
10-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Great pic! Thanks for posting that Pendo. I think it's great how he looks battle worn and obviously, a changed man. The Clone Wars have obviously affected Anakin a lot. I think it's best that he's not too messed up at the start of Episode III. A missing right arm and a few scars are enough. I definitely think he'll look like a hell of a mess after Obi-Wan finishes with him. :)

InsaneJediGirl
10-05-2003, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the pic Pendo,its pretty interesting.The scar does look more like a scratch,but nice they decided to include it anyways:)The scar wont be explained in Episode III and I dont think it has to be.He's been away at war for 2-3 years,your bound to get roughed up.

LTBasker
10-05-2003, 07:46 AM
That's not a scar, that's a scratch :crazed:!!!!!

Looks like the honey moon went well.

Is just me or does his head really look pointed now?

Jargo
10-05-2003, 05:10 PM
Still looks like a big jessie. reminds me of Uma Thurman in that pic, Uma Thurman with a perm. Uma Thurman on steroids, with a perm.

jawaboy
10-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Yeah, he does kinda look like Uma Thurman. I'm not so sure he's a big Jessie though, although he does have that boy band, pretty boy thing going on a bit. I do like how he TRIES to look angry. Blank stares. That's what this movie is all about. I like it already. Perhaps we will call it "Kill Ani" starring Uma Thurman.

The 'Xir
10-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Actually before I read any of these posts, while I was just taking in the photo, all I could think of is how he is looking more and more like Mark Hamill(well, Mark Hamil 20 years ago!!!) go figure! :crazed:

Pendo
10-10-2003, 07:59 AM
A Gold Finish
See-Threepio finally gets his gold finish, thanks here to Don Bies (Droid Supervisor, right) and Justin Dix (Droid Technician). (Photo by Paul Tiller)

PENDO!

Pendo
10-17-2003, 11:19 AM
The Stage Is Set
Rigging and bluescreen curtains conceal Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's office complex set as it undergoes filming in the cavernous Stage 7 at Fox Studios Australia. In the foreground awaits a new clinical environment, yet to undergo its scheduled photography. (Photo by Paul Tiller)

PENDO!

plo koon 200
10-17-2003, 11:46 AM
I wish they would just start the post-production diary by now.

Pendo
10-24-2003, 02:44 AM
Blaze Of Glory
What threat would dare stare a determined Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson) in the eye? (Photo by Merrick Morton)

PENDO!

InsaneJediGirl
10-24-2003, 05:34 AM
Nice photo,Thanks Pendo:DInteresting expression,looks like hes about to get into a fight :evil:

Pendo
10-24-2003, 07:28 AM
looks like hes about to get into a fight :evil:
Nope, it looks like he's about to become my next avatar :D!

PENDO!

[DSS]Pedr0
10-24-2003, 09:07 AM
Nope, it looks like he's about to become my next avatar :D!

PENDO!
HAHAHAHA!! :D

Pendo
10-31-2003, 04:33 AM
Get Me Outta Here!
Encased in a plaster mold, extra Paul Davies has but two small holes to breathe as he undergoes a lifecast to make a Mon Calamari Senator mask that fits perfectly. (Photo by Paul Tiller).

PENDO!

plo koon 200
10-31-2003, 10:26 AM
I think these Before the Helmet pictures could be better.

Battle Droid
10-31-2003, 12:02 PM
Yep, they showed us more in the Set Snaps.

The 'Xir
10-31-2003, 01:19 PM
Hey I'm happy, keep up the good work Pendo! It's better than seeing nothing!
I mean what do you guys expect Lucas to do just show you pics of all the crucially important scenes!

plo koon 200
10-31-2003, 03:24 PM
Hey I'm happy, keep up the good work Pendo! It's better than seeing nothing!
I mean what do you guys expect Lucas to do just show you pics of all the crucially important scenes!

Yes. Most certainly

Pendo
11-01-2003, 11:43 AM
I'm pretty disapointed with them. I thought they'd be more like the Episode II Select where they gave little teasers about the movie, but these pics seem more like behind the scenes images. The first image of Anakin made me think these would be great, I hope they improve :).

PENDO!

The 'Xir
11-03-2003, 06:04 PM
LOL! You're Killin' me PK... you're killin' me!
OK, I called George last night and I arranged it so not only will he show you the pictures but, he's gonna call you later tonight and read ya the entire script, for a bed time story! Cool? :crazed: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :)

Pendo
11-07-2003, 02:42 AM
Bringing Balance To The Force
Three intrepid actors take a perilous walk on a narrow pipe.
(Photo by Ralph Nelson Jr.)

PENDO!

Anakin2121
11-07-2003, 09:34 AM
I'm guessing that's Obi-Wan, being followed by Anakin...who's the third person?

plo koon 200
11-07-2003, 10:15 AM
This looks somewhat interesting.

Jargo
11-07-2003, 12:33 PM
It's definately Obi and Ani with some geezer wearing a long robe that's dark coloured. The third guy also has either a strange shaped head or wears a hat of some kind. Doesn't look like Ian McDiarmid to me. Could be a stuntle though. Could be anyone really.

Pendo
11-07-2003, 12:44 PM
Could be a Padmé outfit.

With the big gap between Ani and Obi it's possible there will be some CGI characters with them too.

PENDO!

Battle Droid
11-13-2003, 07:53 PM
Tonight's is Sidious's lightsaber! :eek:

Pendo
11-14-2003, 03:26 AM
Tonight's is Sidious's lightsaber! :eek:Bollocks :mad:!!! I didn't want to see him duel :cry::(:mad:!

Handle With Despair
Modelmaker Rowan Wademan readies the lightsaber hilt of Darth Sidious for its Star Wars saga debut. (Photo by Paul Tiller)

Anakin2121
11-14-2003, 09:21 AM
That's weird. I don't like it. The saber has absolutely nothing distinctive about it, and doesn't look like a menacing Sith saber at all. It looks more like Qui-Gon's....maybe that's deliberate? ;)

plo koon 200
11-14-2003, 10:05 AM
I was really hoping not to see him duel. Now Lucas will probably redo EVI so that Vader and Palps duel it out.

Jargo
11-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Palpatine is a man of culture and arts, Look at all the statuary in his apartment and office, he'd go for something discreet and elegant rather than in your face and butt ugly like the rest of the sabers folk have. This saber is ergonomic and sleek, like a 'lady's best friend'. Who knows what kind of punishment Palps metes out with it. ;)

Tycho
11-15-2003, 01:12 AM
I Sense Much Fear In You
Now a Jedi Knight, Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) stands solemnly in the office of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, weighing difficult decisions. (Photo by Merrick Morton)

PENDO!

It's crazy how in this picture, I can almost see a dark and brooding LUKE.

I think they did a nice job of casting Hayden.

anyway, I'm responding to the first post. Hope I haven't repeated something somebody else has already said.

Pendo
11-21-2003, 02:44 AM
Obi-Wan and Dooku???

Tumble Day
Two stuntmen (Ben Cooke and Bob Bowles) go for a spin inside the revolve, a rotating set meant to simulate a particular effect. (Photo by Ralph Nelson, Jr.)

PENDO!

plo koon 200
11-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Is this where Ani is saving Palps.

Battle Droid
11-21-2003, 05:45 PM
Looks like Anakin & Palpy with Anakin carrying fake Obi-Wan to me.

Pendo
12-03-2003, 02:42 AM
Down For The Count
Christopher Lee (Count Dooku) and Director George Lucas discuss the upcoming action in an entirely bluescreen-covered set. (Photo by Merrick Morton)

PENDO!

[DSS]Pedr0
12-04-2003, 10:50 PM
New pic of Anakin up tonite. I will let Pendo handle that for you guys. It looks cool cuz he isnt so "innocent" looking anymore. Also, he has a "NEW" saber that is a cross between Anakin/VAder and Luke ANH/ESB(with a red stick on it). Check out the style and size of the glove he has or his robotic arm.

Pendo
12-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Pedr0']New pic of Anakin up tonite. I will let Pendo handle that for you guys. It looks cool cuz he isnt so "innocent" looking anymore. Also, he has a "NEW" saber that is a cross between Anakin/VAder and Luke ANH/ESB(with a red stick on it). Check out the style and size of the glove he has or his robotic arm.
I LOVE this pic :D! I will upload it later tonight when I get home from work because the image is too large and I have to resize it.

PENDO!

Tycho
12-05-2003, 02:50 AM
Oh my! George had better be careful! Count Dooku is a dangerous guy!

If Dooku killed him, George won't be able to finish making Episode 3.

plo koon 200
12-05-2003, 10:37 AM
The new Ani pic is awesome. I have a feeling Anakin is going to kick butt in this film.

pusherJS
12-06-2003, 03:23 AM
I LOVE this pic :D! I will upload it later tonight when I get home from work because the image is too large and I have to resize it.

PENDO!
Could you please upload the original picture.
We want the large size.
Thanks a lot.

Pendo
12-06-2003, 06:02 AM
Could you please upload the original picture.
We want the large size.
Thanks a lot.
I can't upload the original picture because it is too large and wont be accepted, I need to resize it to upload it. I have resized the image, but for some reason I'm having problems uploading the image. I get an error message saying "Copy to file system directory failed.)" Hopefully Steve will fix the problem soon :).

PENDO!

pusherJS
12-06-2003, 06:31 AM
I can't upload the original picture because it is too large and wont be accepted, I need to resize it to upload it.
PENDO!
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Could you please send me the original picture by e-mail?
I can find a place to store it, and then post the link here.

Please?

My e-mail is pusherjs@hotmail.com

Pendo
12-06-2003, 07:57 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I can find a place to store it, and then post the link here.

Please?

My e-mail is pusherjs@hotmail.comI've e-mailed the pic for you. When you've found a place to store it please post the link :).

Here's the caption for the image:
Seasoned By Combat
The years of conflict have taken their toll on Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen). Makeup artists have transformed what was once a fresh-faced young Jedi into a battle-hardened warrior. (Photo by Ralph Nelson, Jr.)

PENDO!

pusherJS
12-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Thanks for Pendo's Anakin Hyperspace picture:

Seasoned By Combat
The years of conflict have taken their toll on Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen). Makeup artists have transformed what was once a fresh-faced young Jedi into a battle-hardened warrior. (Photo by Ralph Nelson, Jr.)

http://61.144.28.248/bbs/bbs_upload/files_4/armok0173287.jpg

Anakin2121
12-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Holy crap! That's SENSATIONAL!!!!!

2005 can't come quickly enough.

assman
12-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Hello. I'm new around here, but I've been enjoying the photos. Thanks a ton for sharing!! You guys rock.

Just thought I'd like to say thanks

:D

Jargo
12-06-2003, 03:14 PM
That's battle weary and seasoned? Just looks stoned to me. Perhaps babypookins Anakin didn't get a good nights sleep for a few nights but I'd be 'spectin' to see some heavy wastin' in the face and much much less of the pretty boy if he's battle weary and worn out. Facial hair wouldn't have gone amiss. He just looks so damned young. Even just a goatee would have done it. I just can't take Christensen seriously at all. Just like I can't take McGregor seriously as Obi-Wan. It aint jivin' george. It just aint jivin'.

derek
12-06-2003, 03:18 PM
i thought cosmo kramer was the "assman"? :crazed:

Anakin2121
12-06-2003, 04:43 PM
That's battle weary and seasoned? Just looks stoned to me. Perhaps babypookins Anakin didn't get a good nights sleep for a few nights but I'd be 'spectin' to see some heavy wastin' in the face and much much less of the pretty boy if he's battle weary and worn out. Facial hair wouldn't have gone amiss. He just looks so damned young. Even just a goatee would have done it. I just can't take Christensen seriously at all. Just like I can't take McGregor seriously as Obi-Wan. It aint jivin' george. It just aint jivin'.

You know, you could actually get as dirty as Anakin is in that picture, after, like, ten minutes of hard fighting. It's not like you'd suddenly grow a full beard even if you shaved in the morning. The facial hair issue is a moot point IMHO. :)

pusherJS
12-06-2003, 10:53 PM
So, Anakin already uses sith lightsaber when he fights Obi-Wan?

Anakin2121
12-07-2003, 08:50 AM
So, Anakin already uses sith lightsaber when he fights Obi-Wan?

Nope. We're pretty sure it'll be blue against blue. That's just a lightsaber prop he's holding. On the set, the blades can be any random color, I think; for instance, I've seen shots of Obi-Wan with a saber prop that had a green blade.

Pendo
12-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Nope. We're pretty sure it'll be blue against blue. That's just a lightsaber prop he's holding. On the set, the blades can be any random color, I think; for instance, I've seen shots of Obi-Wan with a saber prop that had a green blade.
I agree with Anakin2121. If both Ewan and Hayden were using blue props then ILM would find it much more dificult to determin who's is who's. By Hayden using a red one they can easily tell them apart.

I hope we don't see Anakin using the red saber, not AS Anakin anyway :rolleyes:. When Vader shows up he should get out his red one :).

PENDO!

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-07-2003, 02:58 PM
I hope we don't see Anakin using the red saber, not AS Anakin anyway :rolleyes:. When Vader shows up he should get out his red one :).

PENDO!

Agreed. I think Vader should put the mask on and then say something like "the name Anakin Skywalker has no meaning for me. I am Darth Vader." and then turn on his crimson Sith Lightsaber.

It'd be a cool scene cause in Return of the Jedi when Luke mentions the name Anakin Skywalker, he says it no longer has any meaning.

Nice Avatar Pendo by the way. :)

Pendo
12-07-2003, 03:56 PM
I think Vader should put the mask on and then say something like "the name Anakin Skywalker has no meaning for me. I am Darth Vader." and then turn on his crimson Sith Lighsaber.
I disagree, I don't think we should know in any way that Anakin and Darth Vader are the same! That would totaly ruin the ESB surprise :(.

Nice Avatar Pendo by the way. :)
Thanx :D.

PENDO!

stillakid
12-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Agreed. I think Vader should put the mask on and then say something like "the name Anakin Skywalker has no meaning for me. I am Darth Vader." and then turn on his crimson Sith Lightsaber.

And that, my friends, is why Hollywood employs the screening process to find only the best writers out there. Excuse me while I go gag.

Wait, wait, I got it...then we cut to a shot of Padme out on her Naboo balcony looking all forlorn (with a #3 Soft Effects filter on the camera) and the wind blowing through her hair as the approaching thunderstorm threatens the horizon. She then utters the immortal words, "Anakin...my Anakin...where art thou, Anakin..." Music swells. My god, it'll be beautiful!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-07-2003, 10:43 PM
And that, my friends, is why Hollywood employs the screening process to find only the best writers out there. Excuse me while I go gag.

Wait, wait, I got it...then we cut to a shot of Padme out on her Naboo balcony looking all forlorn (with a #3 Soft Effects filter on the camera) and the wind blowing through her hair as the approaching thunderstorm threatens the horizon. She then utters the immortal words, "Anakin...my Anakin...where art thou, Anakin..." Music swells. My god, it'll be beautiful!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Last time I checked, Star Wars isn't Shakespeare. Sometimes it is cheesy. Hell, what about when Anakin talked about Sand being coarse in Attack of the Clones?

What are your ideas for this scene then? Not that I ever said I was a movie scriptwriter, although there are some diabolical scriptwriters out there.

Tycho
12-08-2003, 12:50 AM
It is going on the start of the 6th hour of a 12 hour movie (or mini-series), or whatever you want to call it. George calls it Star Wars.

It is this one big masterpiece made to stand on its own, and stand the test of time for new generations, not just the old.

So in the 6th hour of this film:

Anakin Skywalker decides to turn to evil. At the very least, something the Jedi have done to him has justified his turning on them. He sides with Palpatine and kills Mace Windu (spoiler we've heard sort of confirmed).

Anakin has gone bad. He's turned on the Jedi. Obi-Wan learns of this and desperately needs to find him to stop things from getting any worse. Padme betrays where Anakin went, and the two of them go to try and stop him.

Anakin fatally injures the pregnant Padme, and blames Obi-Wan for his own actions (through his great powers of denial). A terrible fight ensues, AND ANAKIN SKYWALKER APPEARS TO BE KILLED.

If something of him is still left alive, it is taken to Darth Sidious as a trophy - a still living, and in agony, head and left shoulder and arm - all that's left of "The Jedi's Chosen One." A nice trophy for the Dark Lord, it's kept alive in a bacta tank, exentuating Palpatine's evil to keep something like this.

The movie continues.

DURING THE LAST 1/2 HOUR OF THE MOVIE: Darth Vader arrives on the scene. Palpatine says "Now the galaxy is mine. Everything is mine as I have forseen. Arise Darth Vader. You were made to serve me. Everything is as it should be."

VADER: "You are NOT my Lord and you will never control me! What you won't forsee will in fact destroy you!"

PALPATINE: "Oh but you are wrong Lord Vader. For you will want to do my next bidding. You will want to finish the task where OTHERS have failed.

If Padme Amidala still breaths, you will find her and her child and bring them before me!"

VADER: "She lives?"

PALPATINE: "She is dying. But only I know where you can find her."

VADER: "Tell me immediately so I may go at once! And then I will deal with you later!"

Vader is instructed to go to the Dagobah System where he stalks the wounded and dying Padme, who is defended by Jedi Knights which he kills. He is upon her when she dies, as other Naboo flee with their allies. Obi-Wan stays with her and her newborn son, Luke.

OBI-WAN: "You survived, but you will find no victory here. She is dead. A victim of the evil that you stood up to be counted with, against everything she ever fought for."

VADER: "The mistakes I have made cannot be taken back. The galaxy now belongs to the Sith. I will make of the situation whatever I can. The child must not suffer though.Take him and go in peace. Raise the son of Skywalker as you raised his father. On the Outer Rim, he will know the safety of family far beyond the reach of The Empire. As repayment of my debt to you, I will see to that. Now go. And DO NOT COME BACK - EVER!"

LATER ON THE BRIDGE OF A STAR DESTROYER OVERLOOKING THE STARTING OF CONSTRUCTION OF THE 1ST DEATH STAR.

TARKIN: "Everything is as you have said it would be My Lord. With this new battlestation, no one will dare oppose you now."

PALPATINE (as Vader enters): "That remains to be seen."

VADER: "It was as you said it would be. It is over. Amidala is dead."

PALPATINE: "I ordered you to bring her and the infant to me!!!!"

VADER: "The child will be safe from you! I have given him to Kenobi, and they have left your Empire."

PALPATINE: "What?! Do you need a lesson on why you should obey me, Lord Vader?"

VADER: "If you want my loyalty, it is you who will obey ME! I trade my life for theirs. So long as the Son of Skywalker will not be harmed, my will is yours to command. But if I find that you do not keep your end of the bargain....(Vader shakes his clenched fist in Palpatine's direction)

PALPATINE: "Then that shall be the last terms you ever dictate to me! So long as Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Son of Skywalker never return to my Empire, they will remain safe. But forever after, you Lord Vader, ARE NOW MINE!"

VADER: "Yes, My Master."

Tycho
12-08-2003, 12:59 AM
At least 1 of 3 possible red herrings support the notion that Darth Vader is a completely different person from Anakin Skywalker:

1) Obi-Wan has a new apprentice that has differneces with Anakin, and is unbalanced and disturbed by the war. The new apprentice goes MIA sometime during the movie.

2) General Grievious' life is sparred by Obi-Wan Kenobi, prompting something of a favor being owed towards the Jedi.

3) It is possible, however not true, that Count Dooku did survive.

In any case, in the 7th hour of the movie, Obi-Wan tells Luke that a pupil of his killed his father.

In the 10th hour of the movie, in the huge shocking climax, in the worst black hole the heroes possibly get themselves into, Darth Vader tells Luke that HE is Luke's father, and Luke starts to believe it. Since it was not conclusively shown that Anakin actually was dead, it's ever so slightly possible.

In the 11th hour of the movie, Luke asks Yoda if Vader was in fact, Anakin Skywalker. He learns the truth.

In the 12th hour of the film, Luke reaches out for the good still left in his father - a good that never died, as Vader had pledged his loyalty to the Emperor only to save his son in the first place. As Palpatine tries to kill his son, Anakin rises against him, and fulfills his destiny and saves Luke and restores the balance in the Force!

billfremore
12-08-2003, 12:03 PM

Yes hollywood's brilliant screening process. :rolleyes:

This wonderful screening process gave us such brilliantly written movies as:

Cutthroat Island
Wild Wild West
Mission to Mars
The Adventures of Pluto Nash

These are just some examples of the carefully screened writers who gave us these fine pieces of garbage.

Rock throwing. Glass houses. etc. etc. ;)

stillakid
12-09-2003, 10:26 AM
Yes hollywood's brilliant screening process. :rolleyes:

This wonderful screening process gave us such brilliantly written movies as:

Cutthroat Island
Wild Wild West
Mission to Mars
The Adventures of Pluto Nash

These are just some examples of the carefully screened writers who gave us these fine pieces of garbage.

Rock throwing. Glass houses. etc. etc. ;)

If you had the opportunity to read even half of the screenplays submitted and/or registered with the WGA every year, you'd see that (fortunately) what you are seeing is generally the best of what's available. Sure, some good stuff slips through the cracks and never sees the light of a projector and some bad stuff is produced through the magic of incestuous industry relationships, but on the whole, this really is as good as it gets.

As far as the cheese factor in Star Wars goes, no, I disagree. Up until TPM, the majority of the dialogue was played straight minus the wanton cheese factor. It was only when Star Wars became self-aware that it began to take on that overly melodramatic tone wherein "cheese" is becoming the acceptable genre. If I want cheese, I'll flip on Dawson's Creek or The Guiding Light. It has no place (or at least it had no place) in Star Wars.

Tycho
12-09-2003, 01:00 PM
I'm screaming for attention here.

Please read my posts 64 and 65 above and comment on them.

Thanks.

billfremore
12-09-2003, 03:48 PM
If you had the opportunity to read even half of the screenplays submitted and/or registered with the WGA every year, you'd see that (fortunately) what you are seeing is generally the best of what's available. Sure, some good stuff slips through the cracks and never sees the light of a projector and some bad stuff is produced through the magic of incestuous industry relationships, but on the whole, this really is as good as it gets.

Ok now I'm scared. :eek: ;)

I'm screaming for attention here.

Please read my posts 64 and 65 above and comment on them.

Oh Tycho, when did you get here? :D

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Very interesting points Tycho.

I do wonder if Anakin will rise up against Palpatine. I for one feel that Anakin might think his child (cause I don't know if he knows he has twins yet) has died with Padme. He will only find out about them in the old trilogy.
The Emperor will use Anakin's hatred of Obi-Wan to his advantage and everything that Palpatine offers him, Anakin won't be able to resist. The Dark Side is just too strong.

Your points are very interesting Tycho. It would be good if it happened because Anakin rising up against the Emperor at the start of their Sith partnership would be very prophetic.

Tycho
12-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Thank you, Jabba.

That was a very mature bit of analysis you did - and you came to the very same conclusion that I did, but all on your own.

From everything I've read about the Sith, they draw their power from anger and hate. The Jedi Apprentice loves his Master. The Sith Apprentice is supposed to hate his, and learn all that he can from his Master, until the Master weakens, and the time is right to slay him and take his place.

In Darth Maul's journal, it was described this way. Sidious would not think Maul was ready until he was finally tortured to the point where he was driven to attack his Master. Sidious used a lightsaber then, too, as Maul tried in vain to kill him.

In the Clone Wars cartoon, Dooku provokes Ventress to repeatedly attack him - and he shows her just who is the Master in that relationship!

Furthermore, the two Sith Lords conspire to unleash Ventress upon Anakin Skywalker, to push him even more - or eliminate him altogether.

Vader hates Palpatine throughout the Classic Trilogy you'd think, and the key is, he offers Luke the chance to join him to destroy his Master.

1) Vader doesn't like nor respect the power of the Death Star. No one trained as a Jedi would. Furthermore, if he believed in it, why would he think he needed to jump in his TIE Fighter to make sure nothing got near the exhaust port?

2) Vader doesn't like nor respect the Imperial Officers who are elitist, ignorant, or incompetant. I think that even though Piett failed to capture the Falcon, Vader judges him a good man underneathe it all - just a military officer bound to his duty, serving as best as he can. Ultimately, Vader liked Piett, or he would not have been getting 2nd and 3rd chances like that.

3) Vader searches for Luke without updating Palpatine. Palpatine "phoned" HIM, and Vader wanted to get the Executor out of the static "to send a clear transmission" because he didn't want the Emperor to know he had learned his son was back, and a Jedi running around the galaxy at that - so how was he going to explain taking a ship the size of the Executor into an asteroid field just to chase down insignificant Rebel transports? But the Emperor had just as good of spies and obviously already knew about Luke. The missing Death Star was kind of a big clue...

4) Vader offers Luke the chance to kill Palpatine and rejoin his father as a family once more.

5) Vader won't run away with Luke because he's still protecting him by keeping his bargain with Palpatine (when Luke suggests this during their conversation on Endor).

6) Ultimately Vader does kill Palpatine. It's not like he had a long time to think about it. Luke would be dead if he hesitated too long. But the fact that he's already thinking about throwing the Old Geezer out an airlock definitely helps him make his timely decision.

But anyway, those feelings towards Palpatine are anything but old, if we consider the prequel trilogy thus far: Anakin is Palpatine's greatest admirer. So something's got to change there, too.

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-09-2003, 05:50 PM
From everything I've read about the Sith, they draw their power from anger and hate. The Jedi Apprentice loves his Master. The Sith Apprentice is supposed to hate his, and learn all that he can from his Master, until the Master weakens, and the time is right to slay him and take his place.

Excellent post Tycho. I find it very interesting about how the Sith Apprentice hating his Master. It's cool cause Darth Maul would do anything for Sidious but also, Darth Maul is obviously completely consumed by hatred.
Are Sith selfish or is everything they do, for the greater good of the Sith order?

Anakin is even more interesting cause he's consumed by hatred and fights his own son because Palpatine wants him too. But obviously, Anakin is stronger than Maul and is able to reclaim the good in himself.

The more I read your post the more I like it. If Anakin does rise up against Sidious at the start, does it show weakness on Anakins part cause he's able to rise up against Sidious but still he falls to the dark side or does it show strength because even though the dark side is so strong... Anakin can rise up against the most powerful Sith.

I think that Sidious might somehow say that Obi-Wan has betrayed Anakin and that Obi-Wan wants to take Padme away. Yeah, that seems like something of Jerry Springer... but it would enrage Anakin, to the point where he wants to engage Obi-Wan in a fight. I believe Obi-Wan will plead and beg Anakin to not fight... After the fight, Anakin's hatred of Obi-Wan will be overwhelm him so I don't think he'd let Obi-Wan go, he'd kill him if he got the chance.

Tycho
12-09-2003, 07:29 PM
Well, I think that even after he becomes Vader, he comes to his senses about Obi-Wan. It goes like this (if you're Anakin):

1) the Jedi took him away from his mother, and he had to dedicate his life to serving the galaxy, not his personal concerns. He could not (nor should he have) interfered in the life of his mother. Indeed, she was freed and did live nearly 10 more years in happiness, married to Cliegg.

2) Obi-Wan was jealous of Qui-Gon's attentions to Anakin, and Obi-Wan wanted so much to impress the Council on "how much of a perfect Jedi he was," that he missed much of the human equation - compassion, etc. Anakin and he weren't the best of friends during the brief time they knew each other when Qui-Gon was alive. And then, he's this kid of prophesy, and Obi-Wan inherits him from Qui-Gon, and he's 9 years old already, with allegiances to his distant mother, and not taught how to guard his emotions from fantasizing what he could be together with Padme. On top of it, Obi-Wan's only 24, and may or may not have been ready for Knighthood, but facing the Dark Side and taking down a Sith Lord propelled him much more rapidly than he'd imagined. Nevertheless, he's no Jedi MASTER, and he inherits the kid he was just complaining about. You'd have to have a child when you were 15 years old to be 24 and have a 9 year old son. Even if some 15 year olds do evolve into good parents, they typically start with babies that don't podrace or have Jedi powers and predispositions for being able to do whatever they want.

Hence, the relationship was not ideal, but they did grow to be friends and love one another. Anakin was trying to picture him like a father to him, though given their ages, it's hard to be realistic with that fantasy, AND it's hard for Anakin to believe that Obi-Wan, in his 15 years more experience than Anakin, knows all the ancient wisdom he needs to be a Jedi Master in the first place. Compare that with Qui-Gon's 51 years of greater knowledge than Anakin's, and you have a wise sage you can respect. He's still got 36 years more experience than Obi-Wan. Anakin was convinced with his rapid progress, he was getting to be every bit as much of a Jedi as Obi-Wan was.

The Clone Wars Cartoon summed it up nicely: "PADAWAN! It's not your ability that is in question. It's your maturity."

3) Anakin ends up losing his mother. He blames the Jedi rules, but mostly Obi-Wan for not letting him move on - or as I assume, become a knight so he can be unleashed to think he can go wherever he wants - whereas Tatooine would be his first stop.

4) I still think Dooku is Anakin's father. The Jedi Masters know this. Obi-Wan does not. Anakin finds out after he's killed his own father. How could he not hate the Jedi for letting him do this. Anakin probably thinks Obi-Wan knew - but he did not. I think it is such a dramatic push, that Lucas ought to use it.

5) Anakin kills Mace Windu to feel his revenge. Part of it is Palpatine is exposing what the Jedi lied to him about, and part of it is Mace is there to take on Palpatine, but Anakin thinks he's to protect the Chancellor, and won't allow it. Furthermore, he's burning with hatred for Mace and the High Council anyway.

6) Anakin goes on a rampage in his anger. The Jedi were his family, but they lied to him. They betrayed him and even let him see to the death of his own real family. Now everyone is lying to him. Perhaps even Palpatine. He doesn't know who he can trust. Padme? His wife is all he has left.

7) Padme betrays Anakin by bringing Obi-Wan to him. Anakin delivers fatal wounds to the pregnant Padme...etc. etc. - you read what I wrote above.

8) When Anakin calms down, he will realize it is his fault. He might be Darth Vader by then, but he's also still Anakin. He can't have his baby son murdered. He can't raise him either, knowing who and what Palpatine is, and how powerful he's become. Obi-Wan is the only one who could protect Luke, and Anakin/Vader is sure he could raise his son, because he himself was raised by Obi-Wan.

Even if he still hates Obi-Wan now, he can't kill him. He needs him to protect Luke from the Emperor.

As everyone's betrayed Anakin, his son is all he has left now. He wants him to live and stay out of this mess he's gotten himself into.

Yeah, it makes sense he'd let Kenobi and Luke go - and even know they went to Tatooine. As long as Palpatine doesn't know - or he keeps his word as Vader serves him.

Everyone serves Palpatine as a slave in some sense. Anakin returns to the same sort of servitude he tried to be free of as a child. He doesn't want that fate for Luke. Ironically, Anakin "dreamt he was a Jedi. He came back and freed all the slaves." Figuratively speaking, in Return of the Jedi, that's what he did.

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Again, interesting thoughts. I agree with you on the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Anakin has had a tough time of it. He feels like every stage of his life, he's been screwed over. Anakin feels like Watto screwed him up, (I wonder if Anakin will kill Watto?). He feels like the Jedi Order has messed him up time after time. I think he feels jealous of the Lars family too. For all of his young life, Anakin was the center of Shmi's world, then he finds out she has this whole other life and he can't deal with it.

It's not just one thing that turns Anakin bad, it's everything that's happened.. but obviously, there's got to be one thing that really sends him over the edge.

I disagree completely about Count Dooku being Anakin's father. Anakin is not a normal child, he can't have a normal birth. He is the child of the force, he's the chosen one. He's the most powerful being the Galazy has ever known. He has a power that not even the Jedi Knights can comprehend. He has a higher midiclorian count than Yoda. If Lucas was to make Anakin's father to be Dooku, it would take away from Anakin being this special child. He was conceived by the Force and Shmi gave birth to him. Shmi says it herself and she is sincere. "I carried him, gave birth to him, I don't know what happened."

8) When Anakin calms down, he will realize it is his fault. He might be Darth Vader by then, but he's also still Anakin. He can't have his baby son murdered. He can't raise him either, knowing who and what Palpatine is, and how powerful he's become. Obi-Wan is the only one who could protect Luke, and Anakin/Vader is sure he could raise his son, because he himself was raised by Obi-Wan.

I don't even think all this is Anakin's fault, he's been used. He was a good person but people have constantly screwed him over all his life. He was manipulated by the most powerful Sith ever who also pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.

It's obvious though, in the Old Trilogy, Anakin can't bring himself to kill Luke and as he proved with Admiral Ozzel, he can kill without needing to think about it.

Darth Vader is a constant conflict between good and evil and the evil has always been too powerful until of course Luke comes along.

Anakin Skywalker is too powerful, he's so powerful that he was chosen to rise and destined to fall and there's nothing that could have stopped it.

Sorry if I went on a rambling spree :D

CloneTrooperMace
12-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Anyone seen the image of Padme on the Behind the Helmet Series? I'm just dieing to see it! :dead:

2-1B
12-12-2003, 02:38 AM
stillakid, that's not saying much for your industry. :(
They pump out loads and loads of crap every year. I love movies, always have and always will. But the quality of writing in the movies these days is nearly garbage, even in many movies I enjoy (for other reasons).

No wonder Hollywood has to look to literary adaptations . . . the town is full of a bunch of hacks. And even then, they usual butcher the works being adapted.

Pendo
12-12-2003, 03:15 AM
Preparation For A Revelation
Senator Padmé Amidala (secretly Skywalker), as she appears in a bitter-sweet greeting of her heroic husband. (Photo by Keith Hamshere)

PENDO!

assman
12-12-2003, 03:21 AM
thanks Pendo, much appreciated!

She's looking good.

Pendo
12-12-2003, 03:22 AM
thanks Pendo, much appreciated!

She's looking good.
She's looking fat...erm... pregnant :rolleyes:!

:D

PENDO!

plo koon 200
12-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Her costume is decent.

stillakid
12-12-2003, 10:21 AM
stillakid, that's not saying much for your industry. :(
They pump out loads and loads of crap every year. I love movies, always have and always will. But the quality of writing in the movies these days is nearly garbage, even in many movies I enjoy (for other reasons).

No wonder Hollywood has to look to literary adaptations . . . the town is full of a bunch of hacks. And even then, they usual butcher the works being adapted.

The writing is only half the story. Nobody sets out to make a bad movie, no matter how often it seems like it. Quite often, really good scripts find themselves the victims of internal studio politics and such. Business oriented studio execs will suddenly decide that they should express their own creativity through someone else's project. For a "spoof" look at how this works, check out The Big Picture, with Kevin Bacon.

Tycho
12-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Preparation For A Revelation
Senator Padmé Amidala (secretly Skywalker), as she appears in a bitter-sweet greeting of her heroic husband. (Photo by Keith Hamshere)

PENDO!

Wow. In a way, this is the first appearance of Luke Skywalker in the prequels. This is also possibly the only time Luke wears purple, in a manner of speaking....

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-12-2003, 05:10 PM
Awesome picture. Why a bitter sweet greeting?

What's bitter and what's sweet about it?

I wonder if she's telling Anakin that she's pregnant... but also, that she's going to have to leave him cause of his anger?

Pendo
12-13-2003, 11:53 AM
I wonder if she's telling Anakin that she's pregnant... but also, that she's going to have to leave him cause of his anger?
Well looking at the pic she seems quite big below, so I think she's showing quite a bit. If he didn't know that she was pregnant then she should leave him :rolleyes:!

PENDO!

plo koon 200
12-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Guys want to deny that kind of thing, Pendo, at least until the wife tells them so.

plo koon 200
12-13-2003, 03:28 PM
What is with all the guests viewing this thread? There is about five guests looking at this thread. I wish if you guys are going to look at Hyperspace pictures you could at least contribute by becoming a member and saying something in this thread. I am a paying Hyperspace member and I have nothing against Pendo posting the pics but it upsets me so many people view this thread without saying anything.

Tycho
12-13-2003, 07:35 PM
I'll say something again: I'd love it if more people would comment on my posts #64 and 65 in this thread.

Stillakid, Billfremore, Plo Koon, Clonetrooper Mace, Pendo, Caesar...

(It's the script parts I wrote for how Darth Vader comes to let Obi-Wan Kenobi escape, and the condition he puts upon Palpatine as the price of his loyalty).

plo koon 200
12-13-2003, 09:17 PM
It is going on the start of the 6th hour of a 12 hour movie (or mini-series), or whatever you want to call it. George calls it Star Wars.

It is this one big masterpiece made to stand on its own, and stand the test of time for new generations, not just the old.

So in the 6th hour of this film:

Anakin Skywalker decides to turn to evil. At the very least, something the Jedi have done to him has justified his turning on them. He sides with Palpatine and kills Mace Windu (spoiler we've heard sort of confirmed).

Anakin has gone bad. He's turned on the Jedi. Obi-Wan learns of this and desperately needs to find him to stop things from getting any worse. Padme betrays where Anakin went, and the two of them go to try and stop him.

Anakin fatally injures the pregnant Padme, and blames Obi-Wan for his own actions (through his great powers of denial). A terrible fight ensues, AND ANAKIN SKYWALKER APPEARS TO BE KILLED.

If something of him is still left alive, it is taken to Darth Sidious as a trophy - a still living, and in agony, head and left shoulder and arm - all that's left of "The Jedi's Chosen One." A nice trophy for the Dark Lord, it's kept alive in a bacta tank, exentuating Palpatine's evil to keep something like this.

The movie continues.

DURING THE LAST 1/2 HOUR OF THE MOVIE: Darth Vader arrives on the scene. Palpatine says "Now the galaxy is mine. Everything is mine as I have forseen. Arise Darth Vader. You were made to serve me. Everything is as it should be."

VADER: "You are NOT my Lord and you will never control me! What you won't forsee will in fact destroy you!"

PALPATINE: "Oh but you are wrong Lord Vader. For you will want to do my next bidding. You will want to finish the task where OTHERS have failed.

If Padme Amidala still breaths, you will find her and her child and bring them before me!"

VADER: "She lives?"

PALPATINE: "She is dying. But only I know where you can find her."

VADER: "Tell me immediately so I may go at once! And then I will deal with you later!"

Vader is instructed to go to the Dagobah System where he stalks the wounded and dying Padme, who is defended by Jedi Knights which he kills. He is upon her when she dies, as other Naboo flee with their allies. Obi-Wan stays with her and her newborn son, Luke.

OBI-WAN: "You survived, but you will find no victory here. She is dead. A victim of the evil that you stood up to be counted with, against everything she ever fought for."

VADER: "The mistakes I have made cannot be taken back. The galaxy now belongs to the Sith. I will make of the situation whatever I can. The child must not suffer though.Take him and go in peace. Raise the son of Skywalker as you raised his father. On the Outer Rim, he will know the safety of family far beyond the reach of The Empire. As repayment of my debt to you, I will see to that. Now go. And DO NOT COME BACK - EVER!"

LATER ON THE BRIDGE OF A STAR DESTROYER OVERLOOKING THE STARTING OF CONSTRUCTION OF THE 1ST DEATH STAR.

TARKIN: "Everything is as you have said it would be My Lord. With this new battlestation, no one will dare oppose you now."

PALPATINE (as Vader enters): "That remains to be seen."

VADER: "It was as you said it would be. It is over. Amidala is dead."

PALPATINE: "I ordered you to bring her and the infant to me!!!!"

VADER: "The child will be safe from you! I have given him to Kenobi, and they have left your Empire."

PALPATINE: "What?! Do you need a lesson on why you should obey me, Lord Vader?"

VADER: "If you want my loyalty, it is you who will obey ME! I trade my life for theirs. So long as the Son of Skywalker will not be harmed, my will is yours to command. But if I find that you do not keep your end of the bargain....(Vader shakes his clenched fist in Palpatine's direction)

PALPATINE: "Then that shall be the last terms you ever dictate to me! So long as Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Son of Skywalker never return to my Empire, they will remain safe. But forever after, you Lord Vader, ARE NOW MINE!"

VADER: "Yes, My Master."
There is very little I can think of to reply to, but I think that Obi-Wan and Vader are bittersweet enemies. This entire notion of Palps allowing Vader to do what he is doing just does not seem very logical to me.

stillakid
12-13-2003, 10:55 PM
Yeah, well, in general I don't put a lot of stock in conjecture from anyone, so don't take any of my comments personally. There are just too many unknowns to get heavily invested in one possible storyline over another.

With that said, I'm not crazy about your sequences at all. Aside from being far too melodramatic for my tastes, this idea that Anakin/Vader even knows about the pregnancy doesn't sit well with me. I honestly can't see how Lucas could possibly justify to an audience that during the OT, Vader already knew about the kids (even the possibility of them) and then behaved as he did. It makes no sense in the slightest and leaves a hell of a lot for Lucas to mop up with the Supernifty OT DVD Editions.

But like I've said before, conjecture is fine so long as it has a modicum of basis in what has already been established. And from what we've already seen of Vader, I'm having a difficult time seeing where the twain shall meet in regards to Hayden and the Vader we all know and love. Turning this into a sappy soap opera with over-the-top dialogue doesn't even remotely put us on the road to joining up with the gang in Episode IV.

Pendo
12-14-2003, 05:25 AM
I'd love it if more people would comment on my posts #64 and 65 in this thread.

Stillakid, Billfremore, Plo Koon, Clonetrooper Mace, Pendo, Caesar...

(It's the script parts I wrote for how Darth Vader comes to let Obi-Wan Kenobi escape, and the condition he puts upon Palpatine as the price of his loyalty).
Sorry Tycho, but I haven't read it. It looks spoiler loaded, and although I read official info (and post in the Episode III Spoilers section) I'm still *cough* Spoiler Free :rolleyes:!

:)

PENDO!

Tycho
12-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Pendo: my "script" is my own "making it up as I go along," but with my educated guesses and logical reasoning on how it should all play out. So while it could happen the way I wrote it, it's not really a spoiler since I haven't got a clue if that's what Lucas is doing.

Stillakid:

1) Anakin definitely knows about the pregnancy - the latest Before the Helmet's caption under Padme allegedly says its from early in the movie when she meets with Anakin before (or after) the opening battle. Looking at her picture, she's definitely pregnant. He'd have to notice.

He does not know there are twins. Perhaps even Padme doesn't.

"especially Sister. So you have a twin sister?" - ROTJ

There are no contradictions to the OT with Vader knowing about Luke.

"To protect you from from the Emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born. The Emperor knew as I did, that if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him." - ROTJ

That is the official dialogue from the movie. No where does it say that Vader didn't know.

Now Vader's actions (towards his children, I assume you mean) in the OT:

1) He captures Leia and interrogates, and presumably tortures her (at least once) for a total of 2 times with her being in his iron custody. - HE NEVER KNEW THAT WAS HIS DAUGHTER - furthermore, he wouldn't have ever guessed if he did know Padme's Child (SINGULAR) survived - because he'd think he had a son who he left in Obi-Wan Kenobi's charge. Therefore, unless Obi-Wan got Luke a sex-change, Leia couldn't possibly be his child, because Padme had a boy, then died. So even if Leia resembles Padme, or there is some familiarity in the Force, from Vader's perspective, it's completely illogical.

2) Luke. For argument's sake, let's say I'm right. Obi-Wan is supposed to keep him on Tatooine and out of the Empire. "You should NOT have come back!" - ANH. Then the Death Star is shot out from under him. Vader suspects Jedi involvement and intelligence informs him the perpetrator was a young Rebel named Luke Skywalker. When Vader slayed Kenobi, he even heard Leia yell, "Luke it's too late!" Anakin likely discussed the name of their child with Padme, and may have even named Luke in another melodramatic and ironic twist I think would be cool.

Vader never confronts Luke directly in ANH. He doesn't have the information confirmed and has a duty to defend the Death Star (of which he has his doubts and distaste for anyway. "The power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the Power of the Force." - ANH)

In ESB, he wants Luke to join him and destroy the Emperor. It would free him from his servitude to the Emperor, and maybe he even thinks he can make the galaxy a better place once he's running the show. He has Jedi values underneathe it all. He cuts Luke's hand off, but that's because he fights with his anger, and Luke's just jabbed him in the shoulder real good. Also, he lost his own whole arm, so he figures he's toughening Luke up. "Come on son, Losing a hand is like falling off a bicycle. I did it when I was your age." - Cut line from ESB.

In ROTJ, he's resolved that Palpatine knows Luke is there at Endor (because in frustration, he told the Emperor, since perhaps he's resigned to the fact that he can't handle his son, and sought Palpatine's advice, or tested his resolve to protect Luke via their bargain), but perhaps Vader feels bringing Luke to the Death Star will finally push Palpatine's hand. If the Emperor breaks his bargain, Vader will kill him, and he'll have Luke's help. Don't know for sure what he was thinking. But nothing in my theory contradicts Vader's actions in the past er...future, or whatever.

Pendo
12-14-2003, 01:44 PM
Just read your script Tycho and it's quite good :). Got some good parts to it. I think I would prefer it if Vader was a little more loyal to Palpatine, and apears a little more evil. I don't think the good inside of him should be shown, as when watched in order the audience would know it exists inside of him. True that over the years he could easily have become more evil and loyal, but I still feel that it should not be shown.

Although it's quite obvious, I like that you havent revealed Anakin as Vader, Vader ordering Obi-Wan to "Raise the son of Skywalker as you raised his father" is cool :).

Padmé dying is something I've always wanted to happen in Episode III and I think it's handled quite cool, especially as it was Anakin who killed her.

Palpy saying "You are now mine!" like he does to Luke would be cool :).

PENDO!

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-14-2003, 04:24 PM
I like it how Tycho is trying to connect the dots. It makes very interesting reading and so what if Tycho is wrong. It's sure fun to speculate. It's interesting about linking both trilogies together. In some instances, I wonder if George wishes he could go back and change things around in the Old Trilogy to link in with the prequels.

As for Tycho's script:

I think it's awesome but I feel like if Vader were to see Obi-Wan again, he would likely attempt to kill him, his hatred for Obi-Wan is so strong and so deep rooted.

tagmac
12-14-2003, 07:38 PM
I think it would be kinda' cool if, after Ep. III, we find out that Vader never truly was a "bad guy" all along, but an angry, misguided soul who acted through no free will of his own, but under the "spell" of Palpatine.

stillakid
12-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Palpy saying "You are now mine!" like he does to Luke would be cool :).

PENDO!

You thought that was cool? Look back at ROTJ. Does anyone honestly believe that Luke would have been Palpatine's even if Vader was slain, etc etc.? Luke wasn't going to go all pansy arse and take orders from the old guy no matter what happened. So just as that line was silly in ROTJ (when looked at practically), it would come off as overly melodramatic and cause gagging en masse in the audience as the story managed to get even sappier than parts of AOTC drove the saga. God help us all if it goes in this direction.

WHERE IS LAWRENCE KASDAN FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!! SAVE US!!!!! :frus:

2-1B
12-15-2003, 01:07 AM
Does anyone honestly believe that Luke would have been Palpatine's even if Vader was slain, etc etc.? Luke wasn't going to go all pansy arse and take orders from the old guy no matter what happened. So just as that line was silly in ROTJ (when looked at practically)

I for one didn't honestly believe that and I'm pretty sure most of the rest of the audience didn't either. But why is that line "silly" ? The point was that Palpatine believed it to be true. It goes to show his confidence (or overconfidence as Luke points out).

WHERE IS LAWRENCE KASDAN FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!! SAVE US!!!!! :frus:

Well he's certainly overdue so I'd be curious to see what he could come up with.

He's currently huddled in the corner rethinking Dreamcatcher. Maybe he can **** out a sequel for that. Aside from "Mumford" (which I've never seen and cannot opine on), Kasdan hasn't done anything good since 1991's Grand Canyon (and yes I am discounting Wyat Earp and The Bodyguard). He's definitely due ! :D

Tycho
12-15-2003, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys. One thing is missing though:

if Stillakid thinks he can so well discern what would be in good taste for the events and script, why doesn't he write us HIS VERSION of how it shoud tie in and unfurl?

Oh, and in my version, the reason Vader doesn't fight Obi-Wan upon their first encounter since Anakin's "death" in the last duel with him, is because for one: Obi-Wan is holding a baby, not a lightsaber. And not just any baby, but Luke, Vader's son.

What's Vader going to do? Say "Drop the baby, (his baby), and defend yourself!" ?

Nah. He's going to spot a natural babysitter when he sees one, and perhaps he believes that instead of brutalizing Obi-Wan in some saber duel, he's subjecting him to almost 2 years of changing diapers. Vader would then be suitably cruel!

stillakid
12-15-2003, 08:15 AM
I for one didn't honestly believe that and I'm pretty sure most of the rest of the audience didn't either. But why is that line "silly" ? The point was that Palpatine believed it to be true. It goes to show his confidence (or overconfidence as Luke points out).

Your evaluation of the ROTJ scene is perfect. The reason the line in that instance is "silly" is exactly for the reason you state. Palpatine doesn't realize that he really doesn't have Luke under his thumb. He's just being "arrogant" as Luke stated earlier.

The reason why a "mirror" line like that in the Prequel would be silly is A) because the circumstances are different, and B), well, it's just a melodramatic line. The only way George could possibly pull it off is if "Hayden's" face is hidden behind the mask when Palps says it. Everyone and their mother has been saying that the reason Ani has gone bad is because he feels like he's been dominated and controlled by everyone (ie. Obi Wan). Just what, praytell, do you think a line like "you are now mine" implies? Yeah, that's what I think too, so given that, why on Coruscant would Anakin/Vader go, "yeah, I suppose I am. What do you want me to do?" after everything George has apparently been trying to establish regarding his motivation to "become Darth Vader"?

Oh, and I can only really comment on things written. I'm not into getting wrapped up in my own storylines when it comes to Star Wars (too much room for disappointment) (get ready for some of your own when you find out that Dooku is not Ani's father), which is why I said that I was avoiding this in the first place. So, did you want people only to comment if they liked what you wrote, Tycho? ;) (As a side note, I used to read scripts for friends all the time, but frequently ran into problems when they became defensive. My rule now is to not do it unless it is implicitly understood that I hold nothing back and they aren't allowed to get angry. If they ask me to read and evaluate something, I'm not going to waste my time and theirs by giving a polite pat on the back. Don't ask for comments if you're not prepared for anything that is said.) With that in mind, I could sit down and write a completely new version of the Prequels based on the established continuity of the OT and utilizing many/most of the elements George wanted to introduce in the newer films and finish it off with an Episode III that blends as seamlessly as possible into Episode IV. But like I said, what's the point? Not only do I not have the considerable amount of time that it takes to write a screenplay (or three), but it would be for naught. It could never be filmed due to rights issues and financial constraints. Maybe one day, after I become an international man-of-leisure and golf has become passe.... ;)

Tycho
12-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Everyone and their mother has been saying that the reason Ani has gone bad is because he feels like he's been dominated and controlled by everyone (ie. Obi Wan). Just what, praytell, do you think a line like "you are now mine" implies? Yeah, that's what I think too, so given that, why on Coruscant would Anakin/Vader go, "yeah, I suppose I am. What do you want me to do?" after everything George has apparently been trying to establish regarding his motivation to "become Darth Vader"?

Which is exactly why I feel Anakin will be defiant of Palpatine - and even learn to hate "his Master" in the true Sith tradition - but he makes the bargain (the deal with the Devil) only in order to get something he wants: his son's life to be spared. And Palpatine will have him by the balls for that for as long as 2 conditions are being met:

1) No Jedi named Luke or Obi-Wan show up in the Empire, blowing up Death Stars or something - therefore if they do not, Palpatine has still enliminated the Jedi threat to his power, whether they are all dead or not.

2) Luke is safe, tucked away someplace where there's still the chance or threat Palpatine can get to him and kill him, for use as leverage to control Darth Vader. - Reason enough why they never changed Luke's name from Luke Skywalker to "secret witness protection program candidate 1138" or "John Smith" or something.

Leia Skywalker's name was changed.

Anyway, Classic Stillakid: not willing to be brave and write your own version, even while at least one other was, but comfortable sitting back and taking cracks at George or warning others he will do so towards their work, as long as he doesn't have to face the challenge of the defense of their work.

Predictable.

stillakid
12-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Which is exactly why I feel Anakin will be defiant of Palpatine - and even learn to hate "his Master" in the true Sith tradition - but he makes the bargain (the deal with the Devil) only in order to get something he wants: his son's life to be spared. And Palpatine will have him by the balls for that for as long as 2 conditions are being met:

1) No Jedi named Luke or Obi-Wan show up in the Empire, blowing up Death Stars or something - therefore if they do not, Palpatine has still enliminated the Jedi threat to his power, whether they are all dead or not.

2) Luke is safe, tucked away someplace where there's still the chance or threat Palpatine can get to him and kill him, for use as leverage to control Darth Vader. - Reason enough why they never changed Luke's name from Luke Skywalker to "secret witness protection program candidate 1138" or "John Smith" or something.

Leia Skywalker's name was changed.

Anyway, Classic Stillakid: not willing to be brave and write your own version, even while at least one other was, but comfortable sitting back and taking cracks at George or warning others he will do so towards their work, as long as he doesn't have to face the challenge of the defense of their work.

Predictable.

Well, first off, your reasoning seems logical enough but it is reliant on Palpatine needing Anakin Skywalker and no one else. But again, as we've seen throughout the Prequels, it's clear that Palpatine manages to get by with any spare "bad" Jedi that he can get on his side. Besides the magical Midichlorian count, what's so special about Anakin that Palaptine needs him for the next 20 years and no one else? But beyond that, it isn't at all clear that Vader/Anakin hated Palpatine throughout the OT. On the contrary, it sure seems like he's really got no issues with the guy. You're suggesting that Vader behaves like he does throughout the OT because he essentially has been blackmailed into becoming a bad guy. That's a tough pill to swallow in light of what we have perceived in the OT.

As far as the writing thing goes, this is exactly what I was talking about. Because I'm not afraid to be honest with my feedback, it inevitably leads to harsh personal attacks directed at me rather than the "writer" taking a look back at what I'm saying and evaluating that. I'm sorry if you don't like what I have to say, but this isn't about my writing or my versions. You asked several of us to comment about what you wrote. I didn't put my version of conjecture on the table for comment from the peanut gallery nor beg for commentary. So please don't try to deflect the conversation away from your creation by making me out to be some kind of bad guy for simply doing what you asked.

And like I said, I'm not ready to sit down and go through the lengthy and meticulous process of writing a conjecture version of Episode III. It takes a lot of time and energy to make sure all the T's are crossed and the I's are dotted. Simply tossing out random scenes all willy nilly without regard to the ramifications upon continuity (to character, plot, and tone) isn't high on my list of priorities. It has nothing to do with trying avoid feedback from the fans on SSG. I get enough of that just commenting on what George has already done. :rolleyes: The only "predictable" thing here is that I'm continually lambasted for my honest appraisals, particularly when that commentary is perceived as negative.

So, carry on. I'm not here to stop anyone. But if I'm asked specifically to comment on something, fair warning that I'm going to do it. :)

But tell you what. When I finally get to make my own epic, you can have your chance to try to fire both barrels at me. ;)

Tycho
12-16-2003, 01:15 AM
If it's good, or I'm entertained, even if you leave loopholes and improbabilities, I'd praise it rather than purposely try and tear it apart.

Take the Terminator movies for example.

1) On August 7, 1997 or whenever, a nuclear holocaust occurs.

2) Kyle Reese grows up sometime AFTERWARD, according to his own testimony. "Did you see this war?" - "No I grew up in the fires afterward."

3) A man named John Conner teaches the remaining human survivors to fight the machines. His mother was Sarah Conner. Father unknown?

4) Skynet decides to send a Terminator back in time to kill Sarah Conner in her 20's. John sends Kyle Reese back in time to defend his mother. At this point, Sarah has to be at least 30 years older than Kyle: she has a son, in his 20's at least (though John as shown in T2's opening looks much older), so she must be at least in her 40's actually. So 20 years ago from that point, she'd have been 20, not pregnant, and it would have been before the nuclear war - and before Kyle was even born.

5) If Kyle got with her when he was 20 and she was 40 at the youngest, maybe when she was 60, John would have been old enough to make command decisions and send Kyle back in time - and this time Kyle would be 40.

6) Whatever happened, Kyle comes back and meets Sarah in her 20's, and she gets pregnant with John, who would now be 20 years older (at least) than he was previously, when he defeats Skynet in the future, causing Skynet to send a Terminator back in time.

This could make you dizzy trying to figure it out. And I still haven't got an answer. However, the Terminator films are amongst my all-time favorite movies, without any doubt.

So while I don't go to any Terminator fan sites and post in their forums, I wouldn't go there to bash on Terminator movies just because they have this huge fatal plot hole that's never been resolved.

Anyway, going back to Star Wars, Jake Lloyd was quoted being told by George Lucas that Vader is not really evil. So yes, Vader being "blackmailed" into serving Palpatine, does work. He's not really blackmailed though - he makes a clear choice even in my version. Maybe he thinks he can temper Palpatine. He has no compunction about choking evil officers - or those he may still think serve a corrupt Empire: Motti, Ozzel, Needa, etc.

He doesn't abide terrorists - kills Captain Antilles. See, to the legitimate law, Palpatine was elected and voted Emergency Powers. Now no matter what he calls the government, Republic or Empire, Alderaan does not have the authority to take the law into their own hands by committing acts of terrorism: stealing secret plans, firing on government soldiers, etc.

He'll use torture - that much is evident: Leia, Han, more I'm sure.

He'll kill in combat: Gold Leader, Red Leader, Obi-Wan, etc.

But what else can he do? If he opposes Palpatine, he must gain the strength to overthrow him, or just outlive him (or get Luke to help). So far as he thinks, he does not have the strenght to defeat him.

He can't act as a Jedi - he betrayed them. He has no allies against Palpatine. The Rebels he's fought all his life - they were Trade Federation and Techno Union before, and they're Alderaanian, Corellian, and Chandrillan now. He sees them as terrorists, or Palpatine has painted them as opportunists - and sure enough, if the Rebels win, Mon Mothma becomes the first new Chancellor.

Vader is a man alone, in more pain than we imagined. That is why I think he'll throw the fight with Obi-Wan. Without the Jedi, without Padme, without his mother, he'll have nothing to live for. But Palpatine has forced him to live, and not only that, he's nullified the prophesy so that the Chosen One is no threat (because Vader's protecting Luke).

It's all very logical.

Pendo
12-16-2003, 02:51 AM
what's so special about Anakin that Palaptine needs him for the next 20 years and no one else?
Possibly because he is the most powerful Jedi to have ever lived. Maybe he believes the prophecy so by having Anakin on his side it could not come true. Maybe he doesn't need him, but Anakin turned evil so there's no point in just looking for another apprentice when he can just use him :rolleyes:.

But beyond that, it isn't at all clear that Vader/Anakin hated Palpatine throughout the OT.
You're right there, but it isn't all clear that Midichlorians were in the OT, or that Obi-Wan was trained by Qui-Gon, or that the Stormtroopers are clones :rolleyes:.

PENDO!

Pendo
12-19-2003, 03:02 AM
Killing Machine Accessory
It's not a lightsaber, but the Separatist army has come up with new weapons designed to combat the pesky Jedi in one-on-one situations. (Photo by Paul Tiller)

PENDO!

InsaneJediGirl
12-19-2003, 08:40 AM
Interesting,I cant wait to see that in action.I wonder if it is electroshock or just a blaster-like device.

2-1B
12-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Your evaluation of the ROTJ scene is perfect. The reason the line in that instance is "silly" is exactly for the reason you state. Palpatine doesn't realize that he really doesn't have Luke under his thumb. He's just being "arrogant" as Luke stated earlier.

The reason why a "mirror" line like that in the Prequel would be silly is A) because the circumstances are different, and B), well, it's just a melodramatic line. The only way George could possibly pull it off is if "Hayden's" face is hidden behind the mask when Palps says it. Everyone and their mother has been saying that the reason Ani has gone bad is because he feels like he's been dominated and controlled by everyone (ie. Obi Wan). Just what, praytell, do you think a line like "you are now mine" implies? Yeah, that's what I think too, so given that, why on Coruscant would Anakin/Vader go, "yeah, I suppose I am. What do you want me to do?" after everything George has apparently been trying to establish regarding his motivation to "become Darth Vader"?

Of course a line like that would be silly in a prequel. I just think it's awesome in ROTJ.

Pendo
01-09-2004, 03:15 AM
Lovely Assistant
Never too far from Bail Organa's side during his business on Coruscant are his aides, including this one played by Caroline de Souza Correa. (Photo by Keith Hamshere).

PENDO!

The 'Xir
01-09-2004, 05:29 AM
Hey! It's been awhile since I've visited this thread, and Thanx again Pendo for all your efforts!

Tycho - I just read your scripted scene, and I like it. It's fun to read such ideas. You do tidy up some issues between trilogies. I also like the Melo-dramatic line at the end, of Anakin ackowledging his loyalty with "Yes my Master". I know you know your SW almost as well as me! ;) However, the one thing I think you did miss the boat on, that some have elluded to, is Anakin/Vader's outright disregard for Palpatines Authority! I just really don't think this would happen, because of what we have seen in the Pequels and in the OT!
One thing to remember is we are watching Anakin's carrer unfold infront of our eyes! In 'Phantom' he's a kid who becomes a padawan. In Attack of the Clones, he is a padawan who becomes a Jedi(although not mentioned). In AotC his respect for Palpatine is obvious, but we start to see the birth of his allegience to him as well! In A New Hope, Vader is nothing more than an errand boy! Palpatines dog or enforcer, even the other Imperials aren't THAT afraid of him! They talk to him as an equal! (rewatch that whole sequence around R2 and 3PO's pod escape, to understand why I think this). He's just a solider doing his duty. I mean he's underneath Tarkins' Thumb even, let alone Palpatine!
It isn't until 'Empire', that Vader really comes into his own, takes charge to the point of Imperials quivering just at the very site of him. He is a solider become officer(to a certain point of view) securing his rank above the others as their leader! It's evident even in Piett's voice and actions as he talks with Vader! However, this is all still in service to the Emperor!
So I don't think even being young brash, and naive, Vader would lash out at Palpatine in such a way. He repects him, he's loyal to him, and above all it was Palpatine that saved or 'resurrected' Anakins life! I doubt he'd be like, "well thanx for the second chance, but now listen to what I have to say or **** off old man". No, it just aint gonna hapen! But if it does then I may have to find a new movie and director to adhere the meanings of my life to! Hmmm maybe American Beauty that Kevin Spacey is really a quip! :crazed:

The 'Xir
01-09-2004, 05:38 AM
Why did P-i-s-s get censored? Just for those of you who thought I said the other! You know who you are! lol Man, things are getting tight around here though when you can't even tell people you 'll be right back cause you gotta ****! Oh well. :rolleyes:

stillakid
01-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Why did P-i-s-s get censored? Just for those of you who thought I said the other! You know who you are! lol Man, things are getting tight around here though when you can't even tell people you 'll be right back cause you gotta ****! Oh well. :rolleyes:

I thought you said ****. Of course you could also have said **** or ****, but definitely **** fits as well. I'm glad we can discuss words like **** and **** but I suppose it's okay that ****, ****, ****, ****, and the ever popular **** are censored with ****.

;)

Tycho
01-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Xir, thanks for the compliments.

I guess I decided that when Anakin finds out Palpatine is the enemy of the Jedi (a Sith), that he'll be angry with Palpatine for deceiving him as well (the Jedi deceived Anakin about Dooku being his father - or omitted the truth, etc. - at least in what I'd think would be a great storyline).

I took Anakin / Vader to be the eternal angry-loner type. He's a kid, but his abilities set him aside, as does his status as a slave. He's next a Jedi, but his abilities, a prophesy, and a past set him aside. He belongs but doesn't feel like it and even with Obi-Wan, who he should be the closest too, he's hiding things (such as what really happened to him on Tatooine, his marriage, etc.) Without the Jedi to belong to, especially after they are destroyed, and without a family when Padme dies and Luke is taken away, I think he'll distrust Palpatine and keep things from him as well (like his search for Luke after intelligence told him who destroyed the Death Star). I also think that with everything in his life gone (during the E3 fight) Anakin will WANT to die, that's why Obi-Wan defeats him eventually, and with his life being meaningless, he won't be grateful to Palpatine for sparring him. Now once he learns of Luke's existence, it gives him reason to live: to protect his family.

The 'Xir
01-10-2004, 02:06 PM
I guess I decided that when Anakin finds out Palpatine is the enemy of the Jedi (a Sith), that he'll be angry with Palpatine for deceiving him as well (the Jedi deceived Anakin about Dooku being his father - or omitted the truth, etc. - at least in what I'd think would be a great storyline).

This is sound reasoning but, remember Palpatine manipulates people to do his bidding. He can easily explain away his deceptions to Anakin as necessary to rid the galaxay of the Jedi, which Palpatine has already suggested to Anakin. "You don't need guidance Anakin, I have said it before, you are one of the most gifted Jedi I have ever seen"

I took Anakin / Vader to be the eternal angry-loner type. He's a kid, but his abilities set him aside, as does his status as a slave.
He is, but it's his past life as a slave that is grounded within him. Meaning no matter how much he wants to be free, he has a built in loyalty quality. He was a slave to Watto and his angry-loner archetype is why he will prove to be a slave to the Dark Side/Palpatine. This is one example that shows George still does know what he's doing in terms of writing, if only he could be more consistent!

and even with Obi-Wan, who he should be the closest too, he's hiding things (such as what really happened to him on Tatooine, his marriage, etc.)
The marriage he is obviously, but I think we are to assume that most everything else has been told or established "off screen", I mean they are friends after all!

Without the Jedi to belong to, especially after they are destroyed, and without a family when Padme dies and Luke is taken away, I think he'll distrust Palpatine and keep things from him as well (like his search for Luke after intelligence told him who destroyed the Death Star).
Actually I think these are the reason why he will be loyal to Palpatine! Possibly as simple a reason as due to numbers, everyone in his life is gone and he'll still have that need for belonging and/or fuflillment as the "greatest Jedi ever", even if it means joining the Dark Side, which we know he does!

I also think that with everything in his life gone (during the E3 fight) Anakin will WANT to die, that's why Obi-Wan defeats him eventually, and with his life being meaningless, he won't be grateful to Palpatine for sparring him. Now once he learns of Luke's existence, it gives him reason to live: to protect his family.
No, I just don't see him wanting to die! I do think you are correct though about his intuition on Lukes presence! It's not until he does realize that Luke lives and is strong in the Force, that any thought of betraying the Emperor exists. Remember though, at first he is still loyal and just wants to bring Luke over to the Dark side to serve the Emperor. It's not until the End of 'Empire' with the "Revelation" that any true conspiracy is confirmed in Vaders mind. "You can destroy the Emperor, he has forseen this...It is your Destiny" If he only knew how wrong he was! ;)

stillakid
01-10-2004, 08:45 PM
"You can destroy the Emperor, he has forseen this...It is your Destiny" If he only knew how wrong he was! ;)

The path from A to C is not always a straight line. The Emperor was right. Luke did bring the Emperor down, but the only way to do that was to go through his whipping boy Vader. Luke had two choices: 1) Kill Vader physically, which he almost did, but tossed away the lightsaber before doing so, or 2) kill Vader psychologically and give his father a chance for redemption. Choice 1 would most certainly have resulted in Luke's death as he would never have snuggled up to Palpatine. Choice 2, however, wasn't something that Palpatine would have considered...until later in ROTJ when he says, "Are you sure you're feelings about this are clear, Lord Vader?" Palps wasn't a dumb guy, but he didn't anticipate Luke successfully "destroying" Vader. And it was through Vader's "death" that Anakin's eyes were finally opened and he found redemption through self-sacrifice.

r3pohh yeah
01-16-2004, 04:18 AM
she has a son, in his 20's at least (though John as shown in T2's opening looks much older), so she must be at least in her 40's actually. So 20 years ago from that point, she'd have been 20, not pregnant, and it would have been before the nuclear war - and before Kyle was even born.

dude. john conor in t2 did not look to be 20 years older or more. he was a kid living with his (foster) parents. hes was supposed to be 13 according to the t2 script.

Pendo
01-16-2004, 04:49 AM
How's My Flying?
Bail Organa's new airspeeder rests on a Jedi Temple landing platform. This photograph of the full-scale prop shows its rather low-tech undercarriage. (Photo by Paul Tiller).

PENDO!

Tycho
01-16-2004, 11:21 AM
she has a son, in his 20's at least (though John as shown in T2's opening looks much older), so she must be at least in her 40's actually. So 20 years ago from that point, she'd have been 20, not pregnant, and it would have been before the nuclear war - and before Kyle was even born.

dude. john conor in t2 did not look to be 20 years older or more. he was a kid living with his (foster) parents. hes was supposed to be 13 according to the t2 script.

Did you even READ what you quoted from me? You seriously didn't understand what I posted if you think I thought John in T2 was in his 20's. It says in the same text I posted that you copied above that John in the opening of the movie, looked to be older than his 20's. John, with the scar running down his face, the fires, etc. Before they showed Ed Furlong's "John" character. Nevermind. If you didn't get it the first time...

The 'Xir
01-16-2004, 12:32 PM
The path from A to C is not always a straight line. The Emperor was right. Luke did bring the Emperor down, but the only way to do that was to go through his whipping boy Vader. Luke had two choices: 1) Kill Vader physically, which he almost did, but tossed away the lightsaber before doing so, or 2) kill Vader psychologically and give his father a chance for redemption. Choice 1 would most certainly have resulted in Luke's death as he would never have snuggled up to Palpatine. Choice 2, however, wasn't something that Palpatine would have considered...until later in ROTJ when he says, "Are you sure you're feelings about this are clear, Lord Vader?" Palps wasn't a dumb guy, but he didn't anticipate Luke successfully "destroying" Vader. And it was through Vader's "death" that Anakin's eyes were finally opened and he found redemption through self-sacrifice.

I know fans will go back and forth about the "Chosen One", but I really think it's suppossed to be Vader, because the whole story is the Rise, Fall, and Redemption of Anakin Skywalker! Yes if Luke didn't set out on his journey, Vader never would have had the chance, but in the end Luke wasn't powerful enough to destroy the Emperor himself! He was almost killed. It was his faith in his Father,let alone his friends, that was stronger than anything else! However, it was Vader or Anakin who "destroyed" The Emperor. That's all I meant by, "If he only knew how wrong he was" :dead:

The 'Xir
01-16-2004, 12:49 PM
As far as Pendo's latest pic, ehh it's ok! Definitely looks like it fits in with the rest of Coruscant!
You know what I would of loved, is if we could see different parts of the planet with different styles! I know the entire planet is suppossed to be one giant city, but it would be cool if there were other city names elsewhere on the planet. Say like we could visit say Crystal City or Emerald City, Coruscant. I know we saw the Industrial section, the entertainment section, and that abandoned section where Palpatines' Sith layer was, but it all kinda blended together. With that big of a planet and that much textile, I think it would be easy to have seperate cities with seperate styles! Ahh, just wishful thinking that's all! :dis:

Pendo
01-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Aiwha Rider
Covered in the ceremonial garb of deep-rooted Naboo tradition, Keisha Castle-Hughes plays the as-yet unnamed 13-year old Queen of Naboo. (Photo by Keith Hamshere)

Why do all Queens of Naboo have to be really young? Padmé was only 14, the new queen is 13. I wouldn't trust a teenager with the ruling of a planet. They'd abolish exams, legalise drugs, and reduce the legal age for sex and alcohol :rolleyes:!

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Whoa weird, I just looked for her on imdb, she's the girl in Whale Rider. Not sure if I like the make-up, is she really crying or are those glass things by her tearducts? That's going to look really odd, a 13-year old being the queen. Padmé was 14, but Natalie was older by at least two years when she played her. Jamilia also was older. Oh well, she probably won't be in for too long, especially since she doesn't even have a real name. :p

Tycho
01-22-2004, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't trust a teenager with the ruling of a planet. They'd abolish exams, legalise drugs, and reduce the legal age for sex and alcohol :rolleyes:!

That would be cool!

The 'Xir
01-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Damn Tycho!!! This has got to be noted on the calendar, that has got to be the shortest post in Tycho's history on the forums! lol ;) :p

As far as the pic I like it! I like those cyrstal tears, and the lines down her face look like they could also represent crying or sadness! I think there is a point being driven home here people! Yes the whole galaxy is in turmoil, and Jedi are being cast off one by one, however she has here hands folded as if praying...Hhmmmm... I wonder why the Queen of NABOO would be sad... Hhhmm is that maybe... funeral attire? Naaahhhhh! :eek:

that wasn't too much sarcasm now was it?!! :D :rolleyes:

Pendo
01-30-2004, 03:00 AM
In The Details
In ways large and small, the surrounding imagery of Episode III seems to point in the direction the galaxy is heading. (Photo by Paul Tiller)

PENDO!

-Durge-
01-30-2004, 05:27 AM
What the heck is that??:confused:

The 'Xir
01-30-2004, 10:14 AM
Is that the remote/control panel on Palpatine's chair? A little different then the square push button panel in RotJ! Hhmmmm. Pendo I'm assumming your refering to it's triangular shape? I get where your comming from, but I think the triangle shape has already been well established!

Pendo
01-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Is that the remote/control panel on Palpatine's chair? A little different then the square push button panel in RotJ! Hhmmmm. Pendo I'm assumming your refering to it's triangular shape? I get where your comming from, but I think the triangle shape has already been well established!
I think that's what it's refering to too. It does have a Star Destroyer look to it :). As for what it is, I haven't a clue, but I dont think it's a remote control panel. I thought it was some sort of door handle, but looking back at it im not really sure. I can't see "Pull" written anywhere :crazed:.

I think the caption has a hint to what it is, but haven't a clue what it means. "Seems to point in the direction the galaxy is heading" is it a compas or something along those lines?

PENDO!

Sith Lord 0498
01-30-2004, 05:28 PM
I think the caption has a hint to what it is, but haven't a clue what it means. "Seems to point in the direction the galaxy is heading" is it a compas or something along those lines?

PENDO!

I don't think it's a compass. I think the double meaning of the caption is referring to the pointed design of a Star Destroyer (considering that the device has an eerie resemblance to the SSD Executor).

Kyle Reese
01-30-2004, 11:26 PM
If it's good, or I'm entertained, even if you leave loopholes and improbabilities, I'd praise it rather than purposely try and tear it apart.

Take the Terminator movies for example.

1) On August 7, 1997 or whenever, a nuclear holocaust occurs.

2) Kyle Reese grows up sometime AFTERWARD, according to his own testimony. "Did you see this war?" - "No I grew up in the fires afterward."

3) A man named John Conner teaches the remaining human survivors to fight the machines. His mother was Sarah Conner. Father unknown?

4) Skynet decides to send a Terminator back in time to kill Sarah Conner in her 20's. John sends Kyle Reese back in time to defend his mother. At this point, Sarah has to be at least 30 years older than Kyle: she has a son, in his 20's at least (though John as shown in T2's opening looks much older), so she must be at least in her 40's actually. So 20 years ago from that point, she'd have been 20, not pregnant, and it would have been before the nuclear war - and before Kyle was even born.

5) If Kyle got with her when he was 20 and she was 40 at the youngest, maybe when she was 60, John would have been old enough to make command decisions and send Kyle back in time - and this time Kyle would be 40.

6) Whatever happened, Kyle comes back and meets Sarah in her 20's, and she gets pregnant with John, who would now be 20 years older (at least) than he was previously, when he defeats Skynet in the future, causing Skynet to send a Terminator back in time.

This could make you dizzy trying to figure it out. And I still haven't got an answer. However, the Terminator films are amongst my all-time favorite movies, without any doubtI hate to be a stickler, but i'd just like to point out a few things, Tycho.

And before i get started- i'm going off of James Cameron's universe. This T3 nonsense is not included.

1. Skynet became self-aware at 2:14 A.M. Eastern time, on August 29th, 1997. Skynet itself went online on August 2nd.

2. Yes, Sgt. Kyle A. Reese was born sometime between 2004-2010, after the actual nuclear war had taken place. I say between those dates because there is no accurate account of his age. The early scripts vary, from 19, 22, to 26. The T2 novel by author Randall Frakes states that Reese was 19, as Sarah is supposed to be. I think the T1 novel has another age as well for him.

Sarah's age is backed up by the fact that we know Terminator 2 takes place ten years after the events of the first film. Dr. Peter Silberman states that Sarah is a "29 year old..." when describing her case to the fellow psychs.

3. John Connor did end up breaking out of one of the internment camps, managed to destroy an H.K. tank, and siphon fuel from it for a car he used to escape. Now, if you're talking about the "original" timeline that may or may not exist, which is not dealt with in the films, then no, we don't know who Connor's father was. Within the context of the films, Kyle Reese is Connor's father.

4. How do you figure Sarah being thirty years older than Kyle? She's nineteen, and he's anywhere from 19-26, being older than she is. This is possible because she was born in 1965, and he was displaced from July 11th, 2029 AD to Thursday, May 12th, 1984 around approximately 2 A.M. (The infiltrator arrived at 1:52 A.M. Reese arrived shortly thereafter.)
John as seen in the prologue of T2 is 45 years old. This is indeed July 11th, 2029. (The day the Skynet Mainframe was destroyed and the displacements took place.) The actor playing the adult, scarred John is Michael Edwards.

All of this concerning John being "20 years older" and whatnot doesn't make sense. Just thought i'd point it out.

EDIT- John Connor's date of birth was 2/28/85, as seen on the police cruiser's computer in Officer "Austin's" car. (T-1000). "The Terminator" took place in May of 84, with John's conception. John being born eight months later isn't entirely out of the question, that is a bit premature, but still, it fits. Where are you getting that Sarah would have a 20 something year old son in 1984 already?

Second edit- I re-read your post, and i think i know what you were trying to say. If you were implying Sarah's age and John's age during the war, that's understandable. Sarah died roughly around 2014-2015 in an ambush on her supply covoy in Mexico. There were no survivors. John was in his twenties at the time, and had been given the news by his future lieutenant, Fuentes. Fuentes expected John to become emotional, but John did not in front of the other man. He just simply took in the news and nodded. Fuentes walked in on John later, who was sitting on his cot, bent over, sobbing. He quietly backed out, and never saw John cry again.

Sarah Connor never met Kyle Reese after the events of T1. She died when he was still fairly young, when he was being trained to be a soldier. (Children as young as six were considered battle ready.) He would have been no older than ten when she died. Many men, later in the war, carried pictures of Sarah, cheap copies of the polaroid Sarah had taken at the end of T1. Sarah was a bit of a legend, because she was the "mother of John Connor" and had trained him and help him prepare, and taught him what he knew.
John, in 2027, shortly before transferring Reese from the 132nd, to his own personal vanguard, (After the Oregon and New Mexico offensives) gave Reese the actual original polaroid while they were crouched together in a dirty foxhole, with Skynet's Aerial armada lightning up the sky above them. Reese never understood why, until he volunteered and was chosen for the mission to 1984. Reese fell in love with her through the photo, borderline obssession. He didn't know what to expect of Sarah up until he found her, right where John told him he would, at her apartments in the Palms disctrict of L.A.

Reese thought she looked more like a "scav" (scavenger) than the warrior he heard about growing up.

I know alot of people have a problem with the Terminator universe and possible plot holes, but in reality, they are only plot holes if you don't have all the information, and in the context of the two films Cameron did, you only really get Sarah or John's point of view, or Reese and the 800 series. In terms of the "original" timeline where John Connor wasn't John Connor, and Skynet came about a different way. All that matters is, in that original timeline, Sarah Connor was the mother of a "John Connor" who was a thorn in Skynet's side. It sent the 800 to 1984 to kill Sarah, and the moment Reese arrived in 1984, (presumably the "first" time this happened, he happened to be the volunteer chosen, and he wasn't John's father YET.) it branched things off into another reality where Reese ends up "becoming" Connor's father. He also becomes Skynet's "father" of sorts, because after the 800 is destroyed, Jack Kroll and Greg Simmons find it's remains, and that becomes the basis for Cyberdyne Systems. (Which goes on to create Skynet.) After this first time, it is known that Reese is Connor's supposive father, he supplies the information that the child's name is supposed to be "John", and then the John as known in the films is born. (Who is probably totally different from the John in the original timeline.)

Phew. Am i making sense? I can provide references for all information contained here. If it's not in the Randall Frakes novels, or if it didn't come out of Cameron or Wisher's mouth at some point, it's in the screenplays/scripts.

Tycho
01-30-2004, 11:59 PM
Yes! That made perfect sense and you help me to enjoy the movies that I love even more!

In a nut shell - John Conner as played as a 40 year old Michael Edwards (T2 Prologue) sacraficed his own life - his own existence - and his mother gave birth to a different individual, also known as John Conner (and played by Ed Furlong) who's father was Kyle Reese (and not the father of the John Conner portrayed by Michael Edwards).

That is what I was getting at. It makes Edwards' Conner's sacrafice even more the tragic heroism he portrays.

With the scene you described about him crying over his mother, could this be when he decides that to save HER, and to save humanity, he'll make the ultimate sacrafice - his existence in his timeline?

That is darned cool and they could make a great movie about that!

The 'Xir
01-31-2004, 02:22 AM
Kinda looks like an anchor kleet or whatever they're called. You know what you tie your boat to on a dock! Maybe this is George's way of toning down the technology to blend better with the now ancient looking OT! He'll have the whole Imperial navy shored up with anchor/guide lines! :crazed: Now that would be funny! lol

Kyle Reese
01-31-2004, 02:56 PM
Yes! That made perfect sense and you help me to enjoy the movies that I love even more!

In a nut shell - John Conner as played as a 40 year old Michael Edwards (T2 Prologue) sacraficed his own life - his own existence - and his mother gave birth to a different individual, also known as John Conner (and played by Ed Furlong) who's father was Kyle Reese (and not the father of the John Conner portrayed by Michael Edwards).

That is what I was getting at. It makes Edwards' Conner's sacrafice even more the tragic heroism he portrays.

With the scene you described about him crying over his mother, could this be when he decides that to save HER, and to save humanity, he'll make the ultimate sacrafice - his existence in his timeline?

That is darned cool and they could make a great movie about that!
Tycho, you are kind of right. The John Connor seen at the prologue of Terminator 2: Judgment Day IS the same John Connor as the ones referred to and seen in the first two films. The original timeline's "John Connor" is never seen or referenced. The novel for both T1 and T2, by Randall Frakes, i believe makes mention of the "Snake eating it's own tale", the paradox of John sending back Reese who protects Sarah and makes her pregnant, and prepares her for the war, and John grows up knowing he must send Kyle back, to protect Sarah....and the loop goes on. This loop is what you are seeing in the films, and T2 presumably ends this loop.

The ending to T2 is somewhat left open though, in the fact that John and Sarah don't know what to expect after the T-1000 is destroyed. I sure as hell don't think they expected the crappy cash in sequel that was Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines, or as i like to call it, "Terminator 3: Rise of Andrew Vajna And Mario Kassar's Bank Accounts".

Well, and Schwarzenegger DID get at least $30 million for it. Not like he needs it.

So, back to what i was saying, the "original" timeline that must exist so all this can begin (the missing link in the whole seemingly massive plot hole to some) is the story that has not been told, and that would tie the series together quite nicely. I'm glad you enjoy the films very much, and hope many years down the line that people can watch T1, T2 and T3 back to back (And the forthcoming T4) and see that T3 and T4 were merely Hollywood cash-in's on the very human, very intelligent, and very well done stories of the first two.
The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day were stories of the possibilities of technology, and the responsibility of the human race in direct connection to weapons of mass destruction, and how we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

The entire Red Scare, the Cold War, i think the Sting song "Russians" sums it up best.

"Russians love their children too".

The movies came to show that while we are all in different countries with different views of the world, we are really all the same, and that we cannot forget that. The supposive war against the machines showed that regardless of beliefs or country of origin, people came together to fight, and borders and flags were forgotten. The human race fought to live. And the first two films show the decisions made to try and save the human race, and how important our future is.

Tycho
01-31-2004, 04:58 PM
Dang Kyle! I like the way you think!

Those are exactly the reasons I like and the emotions I feel from the first 2 Terminator films.

But I'm still confused.

TERMINATOR 1 TIMELINE:

This John, must exist by another father, must sacrafice his existence if he sends Kyle Reese back and knows that Kyle will become the new John Conner's father.

Of course there is the possibility that John doesn't know this.

If he does know Kyle is his father, then how did the time loop come into existence?

I guess something is Skynet's fault.

But if John always knew Kyle was his father, then Kyle had to go back in time to become John's father AT LEAST ONE TIME before John actually sends him back.

If not, explain John's existence!? He can't be Kyle Reese's son.

It doesn't matter if this is the John represented by Michael Edwards or not. Let's leave Terminator 2 out of this for the moment.

Just focus on Terminator 1.

2-1B
02-01-2004, 04:05 AM
Oops, I thought this thread was for Episode III of the Star Wars series . . . but it's the Terminator series.

My bad. :)

Tycho
02-01-2004, 11:41 AM
We just need to settle this short side-trip question related to August 29, 1997...

Please excuse us, but tolerate us for a couple more posts or so, and continue about Episode 3 - with anyone who wants to invited to "explain the Terminator premise" if you can.

2-1B
02-01-2004, 11:57 AM
Tycho, there are 8 million threads related to T3 and Cameron. Pendo! is nice enough to post the Helmet pics for those of us nonsubscribers so I don't want to scroll through screens and screens of Terminator talk to get to the goods.

Where's JT when you need him ? Off topic discussion disgusts him. :D

Tycho
02-01-2004, 12:37 PM
OK. Your point is reasonable. Sorry.

Pendo
02-06-2004, 03:06 AM
On A Mission
Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) undertakes an important mission with indelible consequences for himself and the galaxy. (Photo by Ralph Nelson, Jr.)

PENDO!

-Durge-
02-06-2004, 06:26 AM
Teriffic pic, notice how this robe had sleeves.:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Reminds me of Luke in ROTJ. Very cool.

Darth Kirk
02-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Hrlp, I would like to see picture 17.. Every time I click it brings up an error message.. Thanks for all that you do here Pendo..

Pendo
02-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Hrlp, I would like to see picture 17.. Every time I click it brings up an error message.. Thanks for all that you do here Pendo..
Hmm, the image seems to be working for me. Try it again, there might have been a problem on SSG. If it still doesn't work PM me your e-mail addy and I'll e-mail it to you :).

PENDO!

InsaneJediGirl
02-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Very awesome.Thanks Pendo :)

General Tagge
02-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Looks great.

Jeedai
02-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally, I had no intent of ever posting in the forums. But, I don't want to be one of those lurkers who just looks at the posts. So, wanted to say, Pendo, the pics are amazing. And Tycho, I like how you're writing a script. I've done something like that, only mine is in fic form, and I wrote it several months ago, so a lot of my speculation has been proven wrong. However, it is still a work in progress. But, seeing as this is my first post, it seems really really wrong to plug a fic. So, I won't. I must go make a profile and stuff.

Darth Kirk
02-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Honestly, Sir Steve we should make Pendo the honorary Jedi Ambassador from planet Earth.. What you guys think??

DarthBrandon
02-09-2004, 05:18 AM
Here's a few pics I dug up around the web

DarthBrandon
02-09-2004, 05:20 AM
Some more pics

Pendo
02-09-2004, 06:48 AM
Brandon, very cool pics :D. However that last one, french-12%20(1).jpg, is from a deleted scene from Episode II. Anakin falls asleep on his journey with Padmé to Naboo and has a nightmare. Later on in the movie Padmé says to Anakin "You had another nightmare last night." :)

PENDO!

DarthBrandon
02-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Cool Pendo, thanks for the update, I guess a few people from the site I got them from didn't know either.

Thanks

TC & Peace

The 'Xir
02-10-2004, 02:02 AM
Most of those are just from the latest SW: Insider!

That one that looks like it's suppossed to be a crisp Anakin, looks like it might be fake, a fan being creative, ya know what I mean?

Darth Kirk
02-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Some more pics

Brando is pic f9ecdd7d.jpg of Anakin from the part of Episode III when he goes to an Italian restaurant and falls into a vat of meat sauce headfirst??
And can anybody help me understand what are some of the culinary delights in the Star Wars Universe? What is Jabbalicious , Wookieerific, and Yodaful?????

-Durge-
02-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Pendo, post the new BTH please.

Darth Kirk
02-13-2004, 01:08 AM
Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo,Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo, Pendo Just a little chanting to plead for Pendo's kindness.

Pendo
02-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Sorry it's a little late guys, I've just got home from France :). Here's the latest BTH:

A Helping Hand
Though he feels surrounded by duplicity and betrayal, there are some things Anakin Skywalker trusts he can rely upon in the gravest of circumstances. (Photo by Paul Tiller).

PENDO!

Darth Kirk
02-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Thank you Pendo.. Thank you.. Chanting does help.. Pendo, please tell me if you think Hyperspace is worth it?? :)

-Durge-
02-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Nice one...:)

Darkness Shroud
02-14-2004, 06:17 AM
Nice picture Pendo. You and -Durge- find all the cool stuff!:) Thanks to you both!

-Durge-
02-14-2004, 06:47 AM
Nice picture Pendo. You and -Durge- find all the cool stuff!:) Thanks to you both!No problem.:)

Pendo
02-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Thank you Pendo.. Thank you.. Chanting does help.. Pendo, please tell me if you think Hyperspace is worth it?? :)Yes Hyperspace is worth it! We get a lot more than just the BTH pictures, we get exclusive Episode III reports, webchats, making-ofs, shop offers...

I wan't more people from SSG to sign up for Hyperspace because I kinda feel guilty for posting these pics when other fans have paid for the Hyperspace membership. If more people from SSG sign up for Hyperspace I will feel a little less guilty...:D:rolleyes:

PENDO!

Darth Kirk
02-14-2004, 01:28 PM
I'm prob. gonna sign up for Hypiespace.. but don't feel guilt, guilt leads to anger, anger leads to pain, pain leads to suffering....... Or was it guilt leads to confusion, confusion leads to neuroticism, neuroticism leads to vagrancy.. or was it..what was it I was talkin' about??? :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Turambar
02-15-2004, 12:13 AM
This is the first I've seen of those pics and they are awesome! Great stuff, pendo!
I'm really getting excited for this movie, now.

-Durge-
02-15-2004, 07:23 AM
Is the BTH weekly or fortnightly?

Pendo
02-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Weekly :)

PENDO!

-Durge-
02-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks Pendo.:)

Darth Kirk
02-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Weekly :)

PENDO!

Pendo, your dvd collection is cool.. Are the Red Dwarf series funny, coo.. I do not believe we have em here on this side of the Atlantic, I could be wrong though..

Pendo
02-16-2004, 03:32 AM
Pendo, your dvd collection is cool.Thank you, but you should check out JJB's :crazed:!

Are the Red Dwarf series funny, coo.. I do not believe we have em here on this side of the Atlantic, I could be wrong though..Yes Red Dwarf is hillariously funny :D. I've actually just picked up Red Dwarf Series 4 which was released on DVD in the UK today (it was released last Tuesday for you Americans, lucky gits :p). Only series 1 to 4 are available on DVD so far, there's still another 4 to go :). Extras are also plentiful :D.

Later smeg head :p!

PENDO!

-Durge-
02-16-2004, 05:11 AM
What day do the BTH hit?

Pendo
02-16-2004, 09:22 AM
What day do the BTH hit?
Usualy Fridays for me, could be Thursday evening for folks in the US I think... :)

PENDO!

Pendo
02-20-2004, 05:39 AM
Here's a picture I've been waiting for :D:

Freedon's Architect
The tumultuous twilight of the Galactic Republic caused some -- like Senator Mon Mothma (Genevieve O'Reilly) -- to realize that changes needed to be made. (Photo by Keith Hamshere)

PENDO!

Darth Kirk
02-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Here's a picture I've been waiting for :D:

Freedon's Architect
The tumultuous twilight of the Galactic Republic caused some -- like Senator Mon Mothma (Genevieve O'Reilly) -- to realize that changes needed to be made. (Photo by Keith Hamshere)

PENDO!

Repeat after me:
Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX,Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX,Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX,Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX,Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX,Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX, Pendo ROX,
:D lol :) :crazed: :cool: :cool: :ko: :cheeky: :silly: :rambo: :smoker:

-Durge-
02-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Looks good.

jedicaro
02-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Wow, nice Mothma pic. Love the outfit, thanks Pendo lol

2-1B
02-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks Pendo, I like that pic. :)

I wonder how they will tie her into the movie. She's not named in ROTJ but I bet they'll have her ham it up enough so that we'll know exactly who she is when we see her in episode 6. :D

plo koon 200
02-22-2004, 11:34 AM
She looks very well dressed and very proffessional.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-22-2004, 12:32 PM
I thought I read in the Insider that she would have long hair. Even though she looks like ROTJ Mon Mothma, it would've been cool to see her hair longer.

-Durge-
02-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Pendo can you please post the new Chewie BTH pic.

Pendo
02-27-2004, 06:49 AM
Pendo can you please post the new Chewie BTH pic.
Patience my friend. You don't have to keep asking me every week, I will get around to it eventually :rolleyes:! But I'm afraid you will have to wait a little longer until I get home from work, as the file size is too large to be uploaded. I will reduce it when I get home :). Hopefully you'll be able to wait a few more hours ;).

PENDO!

Pendo
02-27-2004, 07:44 AM
An Old Friend
No, really, this is a new Episode III image. The Creature Department styles the new Chewbacca mask to resemble its vintage predecessor. (Photo by Paul Tiller)

PENDO!

-Durge-
02-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Great Pendo, you did it agian!:)

2-1B
02-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Looks pretty good ! :)

I'm glad he will resemble his old self from the OT.

Darkness Shroud
02-28-2004, 05:04 AM
The Great Pendo strikes again. Thanks mate!:)

Darth Kirk
02-29-2004, 03:14 AM
An Old Friend
No, really, this is a new Episode III image. The Creature Department styles the new Chewbacca mask to resemble its vintage predecessor. (Photo by Paul Tiller)

PENDO!

Pendo, you are PENDERIFIC !!!! :D :cool: :crazed:

pusherJS
03-01-2004, 08:46 PM
as the file size is too large to be uploaded. I will reduce it when I get home :).

PENDO!
Thanks a lot, Pendo.

I will upload it to some place, and then post the link here.

My e-mail is pusherjs@msn.com

Pendo
03-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Steve must have change image attatchment limits on the forums because I'm having trouble uploading it. Here's a resized version of the image:

Subject Of Much Discussion
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) takes a comlink call while meeting with Senator Amidala (Natalie Portman) in her apartment. (Photo by Merrick Morton)

PENDO!

-Durge-
03-05-2004, 05:49 AM
Thanks Pendo, is it just me or is Obi wearing a new costume? More browner anyone?

Pendo
03-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Thanks Pendo, is it just me or is Obi wearing a new costume? More browner anyone?
His new costume is a cross between his AOTC one and his ANH one :).

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Hoo-ah, why not just a series of pictures of Padmé? :D

Darkness Shroud
03-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Thanks again Pendo. Nat sure is hot!!!!:crazed: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :evil:

The 'Xir
03-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Man! Looking at that pic, I understand now why they picked Kierra Knightly in TPM to be a look-alike for Nat! Is that Natalie, or Kierra? ;) j/k

-Durge-
03-09-2004, 02:38 AM
His new costume is a cross between his AOTC one and his ANH one :).

PENDO!But has it changed from AOTC?

Pendo
03-09-2004, 03:10 AM
But has it changed from AOTC?
Yes, it's a cross between his AOTC one and his ANH one :).

PENDO!

-Durge-
03-09-2004, 06:56 AM
Yes, it's a cross between his AOTC one and his ANH one :).

PENDO!But It is not replica of AOTC is it?

The 'Xir
03-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Durge, no offense man but what don't you get? Pendo's saying it's a cross between both costumes, so how can it be exactly the same thing or a replica as you call it from AotC? Now I haven't seen the full EpisodeIII outfit, so I couldn't tell you what's different about it from AotC, but if that's what your wondering then ask that question, don't just keep asking, "it's not a replica/same is it?"

So....I'll ask...
Hey Pendo? So what's different about Ben's outfit, from the one he wore in AotC(besides his haircut of course :p ), how is it a cross between Aotc and ANH? :cool:

Pendo
03-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Durge, no offense man but what don't you get? Pendo's saying it's a cross between both costumes, so how can it be exactly the same thing or a replica as you call it from AotC? Now I haven't seen the full EpisodeIII outfit, so I couldn't tell you what's different about it from AotC, but if that's what your wondering then ask that question, don't just keep asking, "it's not a replica/same is it?"

So....I'll ask...
Hey Pendo? So what's different about Ben's outfit, from the one he wore in AotC(besides his haircut of course :p ), how is it a cross between Aotc and ANH? :cool:There was an image of it posted in these forums a while back, I'll see if I can dig it up. But the costume appears to be longer than his AOTC one, a similar length to how it was in ANH. The style is also slightly different.

I'll find a link to the image and post it :).

PENDO!

Edit: Here's a link to one of the image I could remember: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7462
The costume looks longer than it did in Episode II (although not quite as long as ANH). Obi-Wan is also wearing a brown under-tunic similar to what he had on in Episode IV. I think with his cloak on he will even more resemble his image from A New Hope :).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-09-2004, 05:13 PM
I can clearly see it's a cross between AOTC and ANH, but is it a replica of his AOTC costume? :confused:

:crazed:

-Durge-
03-10-2004, 04:02 AM
I can clearly see it's a cross between AOTC and ANH, but is it a replica of his AOTC costume? :confused:

:crazed:Hahahahahahaha....that is not the saber he used in 1 and 2!

Pendo
03-10-2004, 07:58 AM
Hahahahahahaha....that is not the saber he used in 1 and 2!Nope, it's his Episode IV one :).

PENDO!

-Durge-
03-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Nope, it's his Episode IV one :).

PENDO!Ok then. What happened to his Episode 1 + 2 saber? Did he lose it?

Pendo
03-11-2004, 05:05 AM
Ok then. What happened to his Episode 1 + 2 saber? Did he lose it?
It was taken from him when he was captured on Geonosis. But he also uses one similar to that at the begining of EPisode III I think.

PENDO!

Darkness Shroud
03-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Durge have you not watched episodes 1 & 2?:) :eek: Obi-wan lost his first lightsaber on Naboo. Darth maul kicked over the ledge where Obi-wan was hanging. As Pendo said his lightsabre was taken away on geonosis. If you watch when the jedi arrive in the arena and Anakin, Padme and Obi-wan are sitting on Reek's back a jedi gives him a lightsaber to free himself and Anakin.:)

Pendo
03-12-2004, 03:12 AM
Had to resize the image again, but here it is:

A Crack Shot
Kyle Rowling (Dooku's sword double) brandishes a blaster rifle to play a clone trooper for one shocking scene. (Photo by Pablo Hidalgo).

PENDO!

-Durge-
03-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Intresting pic. Thanks agian Pendo.

Pendo
03-19-2004, 06:13 AM
An Unhooded Fang
Loyalist Senator Fang Zar (Warren Owens) is one of several politicians concerned by Palpatine's increasing executive powers and actions in the Senate. (Photo by Keith Hamshere)
PENDO!

Darkness Shroud
03-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Thanks Pendo, he looks like the tramp that lives on the motorway island near where i live!:)

Pendo
03-26-2004, 03:00 AM
Hmmm, I think this may be the last for you guys. You'll have to register if you want the rest :).

A General Alert
For his action on set, General Grievous is played by Kyle Rowling in a blue suit, seen here on an alien landing platform. (Photo by Pablo Hidalgo)

PENDO!

arctangent
03-26-2004, 06:03 AM
Hmmm, I think this may be the last for you guys. You'll have to register if you want the rest :).

A General Alert
For his action on set, General Grievous is played by Kyle Rowling in a blue suit, seen here on an alien landing platform. (Photo by Pablo Hidalgo)

PENDO!

nice - they are going for the galactic terrorist look!

Darkness Shroud
03-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Thank's Pendo! Is Grievous the guy pouting :kiss: at the camera?:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Nice to know he won't be oddly big or anything. And the actors have someone with whom they can interact, unlike for the final Jar Jar scenes in TPM. :)

Darth Kirk
03-28-2004, 01:10 AM
Hello got a pic for all the Star Wars fans of General Grievous.. Pic was taken from a new Hyperspace video which chronicled the creation of this cool new villain.. check out the cool close-up.

Darth Kirk
03-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Here is a pic of Hayden's wax head encased in what looks like the classic look of Vader... Cool pic was taken from another Hyperspace vid..

Darkness Shroud
03-30-2004, 11:34 AM
That's a good pic DarthKirk thanks!!!:)

scruffziller
03-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Steve must have change image attatchment limits on the forums because I'm having trouble uploading it. Here's a resized version of the image:

Subject Of Much Discussion
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) takes a comlink call while meeting with Senator Amidala (Natalie Portman) in her apartment. (Photo by Merrick Morton)

PENDO!
Dang Natalie Portman looking HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!:crazed:

Darth Kirk
03-31-2004, 12:56 AM
Description for this pic posted in hyperspace reads, 'A blaster for a large ally.' Could this be one of the weapons used by our Wookie friends on Kashyyk. We'll have to wait and see...

-Durge-
03-31-2004, 05:28 PM
Can anyone please post pic from webdoc 5. Thanks.

Darth Kirk
03-31-2004, 10:18 PM
The 5th documentary revealed a few tidbits of new info.. the 1st pic is from a storyboard revealing what General Grievous' guards' look like.. The laser staffs they are holding are apparently lightsaber-resistant...?!!!

Darth Kirk
03-31-2004, 10:21 PM
The 5th documentary revealed a few tidbits of new info.. the 2nd pic is a pic of General Grievous' guards' laser staff- apparently they are lightsaber-resistant...?!!!

Darth Kirk
03-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Another pic from the vid shows a cache of weapons used in Episode 3.. coooooool :eek: Can anyone deduce which saber belongs to Sidious??????

[DSS]Pedr0
03-31-2004, 10:43 PM
Its about time they brought another pic of Lord Sidious' Lihtsaber out. Awesome.

Darkness Shroud
04-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Sidious' Lightsaber is the one at the bottom of the photo. I have read in the comics and EU of weapons resistant to Lightsaber blades. Thanks DarthKirk.:)

-Durge-
04-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Awesome!! I like the bottom lightsaber the best. The reddish one! Who exactly will the staffs be any use agianst the lightsaber?

vadersvette
04-02-2004, 02:26 PM
It's nice to see some familiar sabers in the mix! :)

The 'Xir
04-03-2004, 03:29 AM
I can't believe no one's beaten me to the punch! Does our loyalist senator look familiar? So when did Saddam Hussein become an actor? Geez someone should really buy him a treatment at a day spa!!!! :crazed:

-Durge-
04-03-2004, 05:21 AM
I agree with ya 100%.:D :p

vadersvette
04-03-2004, 09:41 PM
There was an image of it posted in these forums a while back, I'll see if I can dig it up...
...Here's a link to one of the image I could remember: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7462
The costume looks longer than it did in Episode II (although not quite as long as ANH). Obi-Wan is also wearing a brown under-tunic similar to what he had on in Episode IV. I think with his cloak on he will even more resemble his image from A New Hope :).
The page that should have the picture says that the server is moving. Can you post the new page with the picture? :sur:

-Durge-
04-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Pendo, can you please post the new pic with Anakin is it.:)

Pendo
04-05-2004, 06:28 AM
Pendo, can you please post the new pic with Anakin is it.:)
Nope soz! You've had your teaser!

PENDO!

-Durge-
04-05-2004, 08:59 AM
What do you mean by that? Whats wrong with you?

Battle Droid
04-05-2004, 06:44 PM
He means get hyperspace. :p

-Durge-
04-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Well I can't so keep on posting them. It's no skin off your neck.

2-1B
04-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Durge,
Pendo was nice enough to share some pics with us. So now instead of biting the hand that once fed us, let's move along and seek another way to view these for free.

Pendo,
Thanks for sharing those early pics with us. :)

Darth Kirk
04-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Hmm. yea Durge, Pendo has been rockin' it all this time.. Thanks Pendo. Here is that Ani pic, and remember everyone, Star Warz geeks are mello-chillin, hella-rockin' cool fooolz; no haters in the Jedi code.
The pic depicts a scene from the upcoming Star Wars musical on Broadway!!!!! Star Wars: The Dance of the Sith.. You heard it hear FIRST!!!!!! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

-Durge-
04-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Awesome Darth Kirk. Thanks. Thats from when Annies killing all the Sepritists me thinks. Is it just me or is that a diffrent robe from his AOTC??

Darkness Shroud
04-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Cool pic DarthKirk thanks.

vadersvette
04-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Is it just me or is that a diffrent robe from his AOTC??

Possibly, but I'm not sure. But it looks like his costume has slightly changed. His pants look lighter than his in AOTC. His inner robe looks different as well. IMO, it resembles the dark-brown under-robe that Obi-Wan has in the OT.

Battle Droid
04-06-2004, 06:37 PM
There's a body in the floor in the background, it's the Neimoidian Gunner / Guard from the SW Insider pic. Anakin must've took him out!

-Durge-
04-06-2004, 09:48 PM
Like I said this is when he kills everyone...

joesdomain
04-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Can someone please post this week's behind the helmet photo?

-Durge-
04-10-2004, 03:53 AM
Wait. My young Padawan..Whenever master Pendo arrives you shall see it.

Pendo
04-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Wait. My young Padawan..Whenever master Pendo arrives you shall see it.I'm afraid not, I'm not posting the BTHs anymore, sorry guys. I have posted a few for you guys, but it is being unfair to those people who have registered for Hyperspace, so I have decided not to post them any more :).

It was quite a good one too ;), Beru is looking a lot like she was in ANH :D!

PENDO!

-Durge-
04-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Well thats GREAT!!! What about the unluckey ones who dont have Hyperspace? Yet another kick in the back for the small people..........:zzz:

Pendo
04-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Well thats GREAT!!! What about the unluckey ones who dont have Hyperspace? Yet another kick in the back for the small people..........:zzz:
The unlucky ones who don't have hyperspace have three options I suppose,
a) buy Hyperspace :rolleyes:
b) go without
c) find someone else to get te images off

PENDO!

Darkness Shroud
04-10-2004, 03:04 PM
If i were you Durge i would show a little more gratitude and respect. I'm sure there are lots of us who are thankfull to Pendo and the other people who post the pics for us. Besides $19.95 is not that much.:)

joesdomain
04-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Kind of hard to get hyperspace when you don't have a credit card or debit card. They don't take memberships through the mail via cash, check, cashiers checks, or money order. Lucasfilm really alienates star wars fans when they ask for debit or credit cards for a purchase.

vadersvette
04-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Kind of hard to get hyperspace when you don't have a credit card or debit card. They don't take memberships through the mail via cash, check, cashiers checks, or money order. Lucasfilm really alienates star wars fans when they ask for debit or credit cards for a purchase.

I agree! I don't have a credit card either! :mad:

-Durge-
04-10-2004, 09:49 PM
If someone if doing such a great job...why quit. "-Durge-"

Pendo
04-11-2004, 05:03 AM
If someone if doing such a great job...why quit. "-Durge-"
Maybe they quite because they're not getting any respect from a certain person for what they were doing, and they feel like they don't want to share any more pictures with that certain person!

PENDO!

Darth Kirk
04-13-2004, 02:27 AM
Can I please ask everyone to chill... First off, Pendo is right, peeps need to be coool and not be pushy about getting pics posted.. Secondly, I thought I already said that Star Wars fans are cool-cats, that are high-rollin' pimps/pimpetts that take no s*it from hobbits.. So, here ya go, and Durge, its all coool, just chill.. :cool: ;)
But seriously though, if you can try and get a debit card, I believe Washington Mutual gives em out for free if you open an account, you are going to have the opportunity of checkin' out those awesome web documentaries on Episode 3; dudes you see the 5 different behind the scenes videos, cool stuff.

Darkness Shroud
04-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Wise words Darth Kirk. Thanks for the pic.:) I thought When you opened a bank account you got a debit card then, they cant wait to give you one over here. How about asking your parents if they would buy Hyperspace as a gift or you give them the money and they purchase it on their credit/debit card? Personally I won't buy Hyperspace as i told the guy from Lucasfilm when he phoned " I have given George Lucas enough of my money". Even though this is a spoiler thread i have learned or seen nothing new to what i have believed since being a fan in my childhood and now that the prequels are here im enjoying a second childhood. Sure the pictures are great and im thankfull to all that post them. I had read SSG for a year before deciding to join, as i thought it was a great place to make friends across the world and discuss the Star Wars movies. This time next year every Sci-fi mag will have more pictures than what we have seen now and the movie will be just over a month away. Pictures are one thing making friends you may never meet are another lets get our priority's right. Gotta give my mom back her soapbox now.:)

Sebulba_Fett
04-13-2004, 06:55 PM
I still don't get how Beru (and Owen for that matter) are supposed to age so much in the next 18-20 years between EIII and ANH. Guess it must be those Tatooine suns!

Nat'smistress
04-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Hello I am new - I have read about the pictures and that they are not being put up. I want to thank Pendo for all the pictures that he has kindly put up for us all over the many months at his own expense. I would like to think that the BTH pics are like a relay race - Pendo has kindly carried the baton for us and I am willing to take it on. I am prepared to pay for hyperspace as I have a card but I would prefer to share it with uk fans only because I would like to meet other uk fans who would like to get together and have star wars weekends etc, it is a bit difficult for our foreign friends to do this. I would also love it if uk fans could all meet and we all go to see the final star wars film together. We could book a hotel and make a party of it. I am a geek girl who would love star wars friends. If you are all interested let me know and I'll order hyperspace and maybe we could plan our star wars get togethers. Please leave a reply and let me know what you think.

Once again thank you Pendo for being inspiring.

Darkness Shroud
04-14-2004, 02:36 PM
That's a really kind offer. Thankyou. But please dont purchase Hyperspace for anyone else but yourself. It should be for your own enjoyment.:)