PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Quality Control

Masterjedi73
10-03-2003, 08:22 AM
Well...I emailed Hasbro last week and told them that the Throne Room Vader I had purchased was defective. They then sent me a letter apologizing for it and giving me a return authorization so they could send me a new one. I didn't care enough about it really to return it to the store, but I figured I may as well do this. They paid for shipping, too.

Nice of them, huh?

plo koon 200
10-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Hmm, things sure have changed with them in the last few years.

JEDIpartner
10-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Okay... i have to admit i saw the title of this thread and started to laugh. After reading the post... I have to say that I am glad they are finally getting it right. i think they realise that people really are collecting these toys and that the retailers have been a little beyond crap in getting restocked. It's nice to see they would like for you to have another figure rather than another "sorry 'boutcha" e-mail.

tgr3328
10-03-2003, 02:31 PM
I have returned two defective figures over the last couple of years. It sounded like the same procedure described here. In both cases, they did not replace with the original figure. Read the disclaimer that says it will be replaced with the same or comparable toy. I don't know if they were really out or if someone just grabbed the first thing available off the conveyor belt.

plasticfetish
10-03-2003, 02:58 PM
They then sent me a letter apologizing for it and giving me a return authorization so they could send me a new one.
Let us know if you get a replacement Vader that "works." (I'd be curious to know if there is one.) I've still got mine sitting around in an envelope waiting to be mailed back to them. I'm interested to see how it works out for you.

LusiferSam
10-03-2003, 09:51 PM
Well...I emailed Hasbro last week and told them that the Throne Room Vader I had purchased was defective. They then sent me a letter apologizing for it and giving me a return authorization so they could send me a new one. I didn't care enough about it really to return it to the store, but I figured I may as well do this. They paid for shipping, too.

Nice of them, huh?

That's very good news. I've got a Tusken Raider that needs replacing due to a mislined magnet (the head won't stay on).

Masterjedi73
10-03-2003, 10:36 PM
I'll keep you all posted. The Vader went out in the mail today. The letter did say that if they didn't have that figure, they would send another. It will be interesting to see what they have. They should still have some Throne Rooms sitting around, though.

Turbowars
10-04-2003, 03:23 PM
I'll keep you all posted. The Vader went out in the mail today. The letter did say that if they didn't have that figure, they would send another. It will be interesting to see what they have. They should still have some Throne Rooms sitting around, though. LOL, I bet you get a nice new JarJar figure form 2 years ago.:rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
10-06-2003, 08:50 AM
It would be nice if it was a "swimming" Jar Jar... :D

That would be a definite trade-up!

Kidhuman
10-06-2003, 10:33 AM
He will probably get a Jango Pilot.

JEDIpartner
10-06-2003, 12:57 PM
yep... probably so. :(

Turbowars
10-06-2003, 06:46 PM
It would be nice if it was a "swimming" Jar Jar... :D

That would be a definite trade-up! LOL, you want mine? I was thing more of the 1st release version of JJB.:)