PDA

View Full Version : marvel legends box sets spotted

aikman8_1999
10-03-2003, 01:39 PM
any idea how much retail is for these things
my comic shop has both
urban 35
rogue 42

prices dont seem so bad honestly, how much would they be at wlmart/TRU if they ever make it there

Beast
10-03-2003, 01:54 PM
Well, going by TRU/Amazon.Com...the sets will be:

Urban Legends: 29.99
X-Men Legends: 39.99

I'll definatly be getting the X-Men set, since I really want the Beast w/ lab coat and glasses. Plus I never bought any of the other X-Men legends, except Beast so far. Ultimate X-Men has gotten me back into the X-Men collecting game. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
10-04-2003, 09:47 AM
I plan on picking up the X-Men box set. I passed on the regular carded versions just so I wouldnt have doubles, I know they are different but thats fine with me.

jjreason
10-20-2003, 01:32 AM
I found the Urban Legends set over in Vancouver, but passed. The only figure I really liked was Elektra in white - I didn't like the bulkiness of the Spidey and DD figures (both of whom I imagine as tall and thin - DD a little heavier than Pete) and the face on Frank was ridiculous.

Darth Jax
10-20-2003, 09:02 PM
saw many of these sets at the local TRU. had to pass on them as well. can't say that any of the figs really caught my interest. elektra looked ridiculous, frank looked constipated ala every anakin figure. the bazooka seemed out of place. managed not to look at DD - have done everything i can to avoid him since ben. spidey was mediocre at best.

kool-aid killer
10-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Ive wanted to get some of the Marvel Legends X-men figures but held off strictly for the exclusive Rogue. I just hope she isnt a lame looking figure. Pictures i have seen of the Urban set dont excite me at all. But i really dont see myself straying from X-men members when i start to collect these.

Darth Jax
10-27-2003, 10:11 PM
hate to be the bearer of bad news. i was wrong when i thought nothing could be worse than the urban legends set. was unfortunate enough to witness the x-men set today. the regular legends figures of each character looked good, those in the x-men set look like caricatures of the figure. reminds me of the good ol days when star wars figures were on steroids.

Beast
10-28-2003, 12:03 AM
Darth Jax, they're the same figures. The only differences is that Beast got a labcoat and glasses, Gambit got a pleather trenchcoat, and Wolverine and Magneto got new headsculpts. Then there's the Rogue figure that's exclusive to the set. I don't know how they could look different then the Regular Legends figures. Since they're basically the same figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Jax
10-28-2003, 08:49 PM
magneto looks much larger than he seemed originally. wolverine looks as if he never knew the power of a mach 3, much less a quattro. beast looks as if he's been lounging at the regent beverly wilshire, his lab coat is more a robe. the rogue figure just didn't look good to me.