PDA

View Full Version : 10th anniversary of Nightmare Before Christmas

EricRG
10-04-2003, 05:21 PM
CanNOT believe it's been 10 years. What an awesome movie. I never get sick of it.

James Boba Fettfield
10-04-2003, 06:35 PM
I love the film. It's one of the few movies that has some musical parts that I enjoy. I recently decided that I'll be buying this dvd soon, since I haven't seen it in a few years. About getting sick of it: I had a brother who would watch this everyday for many months of his young life because he loved it so, and that's about the time I took notice of it and started enjoying it.

(PS, Halloween related thread, score one for the bringing Halloween to the board, thanks Eric!)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2003, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I watched this all the time when I was four. Haven't seen it in nearly two years, I need to again soon. What a great film!

EricRG
10-06-2003, 11:09 AM
Yes, the SE edition DVD is pretty cool. It has a couple of early Burton animation shorts. One, called Vincent (featuring the voice of Vincent Price) is awesome, and the other Frankenweiner, is pretty good as well. There are a lot of little bits that originally appeared in these that were later incorporated into TNBC.

James Boba Fettfield
10-06-2003, 11:33 AM
On my dvd wishlist I've got over at dvdaficionado.com, I saw they had those two shorts listed under the description of TNBC and I was wondering what those were and how they related to the film. I've got an answer now, thanks!

RooJay
10-06-2003, 02:15 PM
I say it's past time for a sequel! I could easily see a more exclusively Halloween centric storyline with Oogie Boogie coming back to hatch a plot to take over Halloween town, just as this years celebration approaches. Jack will have to step in to keep Oogie from adding a whole new element of danger to the festivities. Who's with me?

JediTricks
10-06-2003, 07:38 PM
The past few years, Disneyland has modified the Haunted Mansion attraction with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme between October and January. I haven't been in a while, but last time I saw it, they did an incredible job recreating the movie's atmosphere in real life.

I only wish I had seen this movie in the theaters when it first came out.

James Boba Fettfield
10-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Same here, JT. I wish I had seen the movie while it was still new, maybe pick up some of that Nightmare merchandise back when it was new before it started going for some high prices.

EricRG
10-06-2003, 09:25 PM
There's actually quite a bit of cool TNBC merch out there now. EntertainmentEarth carries quite a bit of it.

Also, there are theatres that are showing TNBC again, usually only a coupla showings though. A place out here in LaJolla is, actually, so I'll be able to see it in the theatre since I missed out the first time as well.

RooJay
10-06-2003, 11:22 PM
The past few years, Disneyland has modified the Haunted Mansion attraction with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme between October and January. I haven't been in a while, but last time I saw it, they did an incredible job recreating the movie's atmosphere in real life.

I only wish I had seen this movie in the theaters when it first came out.

My trip to the Magic Kingdom (and Halloweentown at the Haunted Masion) is already booked for December 4! :cool: Can't wait.

I'd also like to point out that Suncoast stores currently have an entire section of exclusive (I'm assuming) NBC merchandise including some neato-keen plush Jack and Sally dolls, a wicked Jack mini-bust, a totally awesome Mayor bobble figure, and tons of other cool stuff! Aside from that, Disneyland also has an entire shop (at least as of my last trip this past August) dedicated to NBC stuff right next to Pirates of the Carribean.

bobafrett
10-07-2003, 01:10 AM
I'm glad I saw this in the theatre. This movie is in my all time favorites. My friend convinced me to see it, as he is a big Tim Burton and Danny Elfman fan. I'm a fan of three dimensional animation, so this movie worked for both of us. Wow, ten years you say?

Mandalorian Candidat
10-07-2003, 11:46 AM
This was my first DVD I ever bought. I haven't watched it in a while but it is definitely a great flick. How cool is it having Danny Elfman singing for Jack?

The only thing wrong is that the movie is waaay too short. :) Wish it was longer but that would have taken Burton & Co. a lot more time to make because of the stopmotion action.