PDA

View Full Version : Konami Aliens serie 2 pics.

sicqnus
10-05-2003, 11:42 PM
Here are the first pictures made during a recent Japanese professional toyshow.

Aliens Japanese Trading kits Série 2 :Aliens Japanese Trading kits Série 2 :
They are early prototypes but they are already painted.

- Sulaco cruiser from "Aliens"
- APC from "Aliens"
- Power Loader with Ripley from "Aliens"
- Newborn Alien from "Resurrection"
- Warrior Alien from "Aliens"
- Alien Queen from "Aliens"
- UD4 - Cheyenne (Drop Ship) from "Aliens"
- Aqua Alien from "Resurrection"

http://www.sicqnus.com/news/KonamiALser202.jpg
http://www.sicqnus.com/news/KonamiALser203.jpg

Due to be available in January 2004 in Japan.
Enjoy.
;)

Exhaust Port
10-06-2003, 12:04 AM
oooohh, the APC and Dropship look cool!

sergiurusu
10-07-2003, 03:38 AM
wow they are great! i alway liked painting and building model kits

sicqnus
10-08-2003, 02:43 AM
The Konami Aliens webpage is now online. Click on the green links to see detailed shots of each figure. The limited figure will be the "Space Jockey" and not the ChestBurster or Face-Hugger as previously reported.

http://www.konami.co.jp/th/candy/alien/vol1/index.html

Warstar
10-09-2003, 04:45 AM
Uhh...anyone else notice something? (Maybe I am missing the beat here...)

That Drop Ship and APC look like Action Fleet toys in the pics there- esp. the APC...

The Loader with Ripley looks like Kenner's old mold, as does the Aliens: Resurrection figure...

Am I crazy or is that what this line is supposed to be?

britcit3
10-20-2003, 09:51 AM
Hey Sicq

HLJ have emailed me to let me know that my random selection of Aliens series 1 is on the way.

As I only actually want the Nostromo & Narcissus, if they are not in my box and if you have spares - are you interested in a mutual trade?

Cheerio from across the channel

BC3

sicqnus
10-20-2003, 10:18 AM
Of course BC3,
My order is also on the way from HLJ. The packet have been ordered by Cabour (he has an account at HLJ) and he should receive it during the week.
I'm waiting for three boxes of ten units. This should be enough to get a few dupes.

BTW, I bought AF prototypes on Ebay. Will post pics soon. I'm also waiting for the Diecast 13" Eagle by PE but I wonder when it will be available... (said summer 2003, then october, then december).
I saw on : http://www.space1999.net/~catacombs/main/merc/vm.html
The PE Eagle is cheaper at Forbidden Planet : http://www.forbiddenplanetstore.com/acatalog/Gerry_Anderson_Themed.html
You save two Pounds.

Also there will be a Die-Cast Eagles two-pack made by Johnny Lightning (Playing Mantis). Maybe like they did with "Lost In Space"... We'll have to wait until 2004.

britcit3
10-20-2003, 10:48 AM
Thanks Sicq

I will let you know what pieces that I recieve.

I noticed that the AF Spider Droid was listed on Ebay for a B-I-N of $349 at 6.30 am this morining - When I saw that it had gone when I got home from work, I guessed that it may have been you who snapped it up (I would have myself but the mrs would kill me for spending that much money).

Well done - you lucky devil.

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
10-20-2003, 06:17 PM
i've ordered the aliens set as well, so if i get a bunch of face huggers and no vehicles, i'm up for swaps as well

btw, i received my thunderbirdes set, and i got all 12!!! no dupes, only ships. thank gawd, i don't want no stinkin' figures

britcit3
10-29-2003, 11:26 AM
Just got back from a long weekend in Sardinia (ah, Italy, land of great food, beautiful women and absolutely PSYCHOTIC drivers), to find that my Konami Aliens box has arrived.

The good news is that I have the Nostromo & Narcissus (both REALLY detailed).

I also got the rare SPACE JOCKEY - so if either Sicq or GSJ need it for their collections then let me know (as I operate a vehicles only policy in my collection).

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
10-30-2003, 07:48 AM
i'm still waiting for mine to show up.

thanx for the offer on the space jocky, but like you, i only want vehicles as well.

btw, if you havn't picked up the konami thunderbirds set, i highly recommend that you (as well as everyone else here) do so. the detailing is incredible!

they are the size of galoob's die-cast/xray/alpha series, and are really a nice addition to the macro collection!

heres a link that shows the new vehicles from the upcoming thunderbirds movie (http://www.geocities.com/johntracytb5/tbmoviepg1.html).

i like the new fab 1, but i do wish that they kept the original rolls royce one from the tv series, in my humble opinion, the original one was purrrrrrfect!

and i'm not quite sure about thunderbird 2 either, the new one looks rather bloated, like a guppy on steroids, the original t2 was all business, and looked exactly like what a heavy lifter should look like. plus i have fond memories of my old dark green dinky t2, which as we all know, was shown the door by my 'rents, when they had the opportunity to clean my room whilst at school :mad:

britcit3
10-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Just finished gluing the bits on the Nostromo & Narcissus, so here are the pics along with size comparisons with the micros.

Also a pic of that soap Ent-E that I bagged - the pieces are so far out of proportion that it is practically a new class !!

Anyhoo, here you go...... (the narc & nost are superior to the micros in pretty much every way).

BC3

vulcantouch
10-30-2003, 02:51 PM
. . . despite commiting the cardinal sin of Not being mm-sized ;)
bc3: if no one else wants i'm sure giger-fan bjr'd happily display the space jockey with pride in his hell shrine (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/aut_4178bjcollectionmm_7f.jpg) :evil: we'd just have to figure out how we could return the favor. btw have you gotten yourself r4-i9 yet? i just did (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21654) and he's supercool :cool: how about str5d2? i just got that too (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21652) but don't think i like him now that i see him in person, so will turn him over to tokyo joe and hope for an eventual, cool-enuf-to-bother-with r5 rendition :p how about the research droid 2-pak? ever get that?
speakin of models, yesterday afternoon b'jr & i got around to building a bunch we'd scored him cheep over the last few years. as wildfires raged to the north & south of town he assembled 3 cardie galors and a maquis. meanwhile i only completed one kazon raider but thanx to my dormant-from-pre-adolescence modelling skills, my work was much less sloppy :p in other words, an afternoon combo of quantity & quality-
vt

britcit3
10-31-2003, 02:07 AM
Hey VT

I will wait to see if any forummers that have ordered the Aliens candy toys need it (seems only fair) - if they don't, I'll send it across to you.

I have now stopped collecting astromechs (in fact I have sold mine) - I got annoyed that the only way of completing my collection was by buying Imperial/Hoth 4 -pack that are over-priced and had 3 figures in each that I don't want (thanks again Hasbro).

Cheerio

BC3

SWAFMAN
10-31-2003, 09:46 AM
bc3, did you add the paint wash to the narcissus that pops out the detailing, or was that already there? Those are both beautiful. After seeing the konami model, I may try to snag another AF narcissus now and try a paint wash on it & other color detailing to bring out the panel lines in the sculpt.

as always, thanks for sharing!!

(if anyone has an extra AF narcissus they'd part with for this project, let me know what $ or trade we may be able to workout) :)

britcit3
10-31-2003, 11:25 AM
Hey Swaf

Nope - I ain't touched the Narc - it comes exactly as pictured - the detail really is excellent - you really DO want one - honest.

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
11-05-2003, 08:15 AM
i got ky alien package yesterday.

the nostromo and the narcissus are amazing!

the sculpting and detail is so clear and well done. as bc3 says, "you really do want these"

unfortunately, my shipment only contained one each of the nos, and the narc, all the other packages contained the different alien creature sculpts (no space jocky), if anyone wnats the critters, they're yours, i don't want em.

again, the ships are the same size scale as the old galoob die-cast's, etc.

vulcantouch
11-13-2003, 10:39 AM
. . .no hurry as always, maybe add'll stuff to send me along with'll eventually come your way :D

bc3: "got annoyed that the only way of completing my collection was by buying Imperial/Hoth 4 -pack"
-ah but as my trade successes (linx above) demonstrate it most certainly is not the only way; in fact my prospects for similarly scoring a loose r3a2 are pretty good. ironically, i likely don't care; recently sighted one in person and at this point consider that r3t7 repaint insufficiently appealing to bother anyway :p jawa'd your droidage eh? too bad for astromechnut jdah, bet woulda tooken your r3d3 & other startours. you never did get you a potj fx7 didja? tsk, a man ain't lived til he's used one for a dominion spacedock :happy:
"seems only fair" sounds like a plan; maybe someone'll even trade ya their xtra nostromo for the jock ("and hees pet snoike Reggie!" :crazed: ), in which case i'd forget about b'jr and keep the konost for myself :evil: meanwhile i haven't forgotten i owe you a mixtape for the aphex you sent, but as swaffy (mixtape & vtapes) or gsj & ltb (protos) can tell you, shouldn't hold your breath, it'll be a wait-
vt

good shot jansen
11-13-2003, 11:38 AM
huh???!!!! whaaaaaa??!!!........oh pardon me, i seem to have fallen asleep...........i'll jes go back to waitin'...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz :zzz:

sicqnus
11-16-2003, 06:17 PM
konami Aliens wave 2.
Availability : february 2004.
"Chaser" : USS Sulaco. :eek:

good shot jansen
11-18-2003, 01:14 PM
oh man, the sulaco is the rare item??!!! :eek:

why oh why does it have to be the vehicle that's the rare item :confused: :mad:

uh boy, that's gonna fry my potato's. well here's to being lucky.

any chance j-list might offer it with the rare sulaco included?

sheeeesh

good shot jansen
02-25-2004, 12:30 PM
received an e-mail from hlj ysterday, letting me know that my series 2 konami alien set has been shipped :)

here's to hoping i get a sulaco!

what's strange, is that i went to hlj site, and they do not list set 2 as being available. they indicate that it's been discontinued, and that they do not accept any orders for it :confused:

once i recieve this set, i will box up all the critters (i only want the vehicles), and as per your post some time ago vt, i send them off to you so's that you can present em to b'jr.

on another note (speaking of shipping things), i still owe a shipment to swafman (fireball xl5) and to britcit (rescue eagle). i havn't forgotten about em, i just haven't found the time to get my arse over to the post office. I will try and get them out before the end of this week.

sicqnus
02-25-2004, 07:44 PM
The Aliens serie 2 has been a great success and the allocation HLJ received is already totally sold out ! Same story for the PE Space 1999 Eagles in the Japanese box (sold out even before HLJ received them).
All the Gashapons are produced in limited quantities and once it's over...
It's over.

good shot jansen
02-26-2004, 07:52 AM
uh oh!, that greatly diminishes the chances of getting the saluco :cry:

why oh why do they predetermine that an item is tough to get, thus resulting in a pay thru the nose after market scalping consortum :stupid:

vulcantouch
02-28-2004, 01:26 PM
-is that the ship flown by a pachuco? :crazed:

"once i recieve this set, i will box up all the critters"
-no hurry as always; and of course if you &/or bc3 can trade them &/or jocky for a konomostromo, ok by me, we'll cut b'jr outta this picture entirely :evil:

britcit3
03-10-2004, 02:19 AM
Has anybody had their email from J-list yet regarding shipping of the new Furutas?

Some people over at the Art Asylum board seem to have recieved theirs (not sure if from J-List though).

If anybody has, please LMK.

Cheerio

BC3

good shot jansen
03-11-2004, 07:29 AM
i received an e-mail this morning informing me that the ships have been sent from j-list.

it's the full set plus the rare one for $60.00.

the e-mail indicates that i ordered them back in october of last year

britcit3
03-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Yeah - I got my J-List email too.

Also, the postman tried to make a delivery today (but we were all at work/school).

I am presuming that it's my Aliens series 2 - so tomorrow I should know what spare vehicles that I have.

I'll let you know what I get so that the members who have ordered the random selection from HLJ can hopefully get the items that they are after (I only really wany vehicles & the power loader).

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
03-12-2004, 12:46 PM
i hedged ny bets while waiting for the konami alien series 2 packs to show up by buy on ebay a sulaco. good thing i did that, cause of course i didn't get one in my order from hlj

below are photos of the sulaco, drop ship, apc, and ripley in the loader

good shot jansen
03-12-2004, 12:48 PM
here are the photos of the sulaco. i'm thrilled with the model, i'm glad i popped over to ebay to pick one up

good shot jansen
03-12-2004, 12:49 PM
here's the drop ship. i love this guy, konami did an amazing job!

good shot jansen
03-12-2004, 12:50 PM
the apc. not much happening with thisguy. the turrets do turn, but the back one does not swivel down the rear of the vehicle. galoob gets some serios kudos for including that nifty feature on the micro version

good shot jansen
03-12-2004, 12:52 PM
and finally the loader. this is really a cool piece, unfortunately it's not posable, but it is definately fun to look at

britcit3
03-12-2004, 01:25 PM
D'oh!

I got mine today too - again no SULACO (why do the Japanese do this with these bloody chase-rare items?).

Looks like I too am bound for Ebay.

However, I did get one of each of the Drop Ship (superb detail - infinitely better than the micro), the APC (OK - but would have liked it with freely moving wheels) and the Power Loader (again amazing detail - love it).

All the other Alien figs I can live without and will be up on Ebay soon (to cover the rip-off cost that I will no doubt pay for the Sulaco).

All in all, reasonably happy.

BC3

sicqnus
03-13-2004, 03:12 AM
All the other Alien figs I can live without and will be up on Ebay soon (to cover the rip-off cost that I will no doubt pay for the Sulaco).

All in all, reasonably happy.

BC3

Great review GSJ, thanks for the pics.
BC3, I had Cabour on the phone yesterday and he told me a part of my last order has been shipped by HLJ. He will get a full set to make a review in the magazine and I hope to get a spare Sulaco for you. I've ordered 60 pieces of this wave 2 then it should not be impossible to find two Sulacos. Wait a little before going on Ebay.

Sicqnus

britcit3
03-13-2004, 04:00 AM
Hey Sicq

Thanks !!

I will hold on Ebay - so if you do get a spare Sulaca, then give me a shout.

Many thanks again, mon ami.

Cheers

BC3

britcit3
03-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Just got my new set of 11 Trek ships from J-List.

My God - they are BEAUTIFUL - even better than series 1.

Each one is worth having, but ships of particulat excelllence are:

Prometheus (huge) - like I was ever not going to love this.
Voyager (huge) - incredible detail
Future Ent D - leaves the micro standing.
Jem Hadar ship - just stunning
Ent C- an incredible version - possibly my favorite of this batch.

Please forgive the crummy photos (my camera has seen better days).

Also attached a few size comparison pics with micros & Romandos.

Cheers

BC3

britcit3
03-17-2004, 09:56 AM
and there's more......

britcit3
03-17-2004, 09:57 AM
And more....

JediTricks
03-18-2004, 10:59 PM
AAAAARGGGH!!! Darn you BC3, now I really regret not getting into these. Any more details or a photo of the Prometheus?

britcit3
03-19-2004, 03:13 AM
Hey JT

This pic doesn't do it justice - it's beautiful - GET ONE!

BC3

LTBasker
03-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Yeah that is beautiful, there any way to still get Futura ships without ebay?

JediTricks
03-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Sweet! It doesn't come apart though, that's kinda obvious from a lack of mentioning it, but I still wants it. This is where I really miss Galoob, you KNOW they would have put out a fully separating Prometheus if they were still able to.

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 06:53 AM
A few pics of the amazing Prometheus.

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 06:58 AM
The Voyager :

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 07:09 AM
They are still available at HobbyLinkJapan or J-List :
http://www.hlj.com/ (out of stock at this time).
http://www.jlist.com/
http://www.jlist.com/action.cgi?type=search&rating=R&ss=Star+Trek

Transwarping Enterprise (note the superlaser under the saucer) :

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 07:16 AM
The Yesterday's Enterprise :

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 07:20 AM
The Ferengi Marauder :

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 07:29 AM
Farragut :

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 07:32 AM
Jem'Hadar Warship :

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 07:37 AM
Chaser Enterprise-E & Voyager side by side with Prometheus.

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Enterprises B, D & TOS :

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 08:33 AM
Konami Aliens serie 2. Alien Queen pics :

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 08:41 AM
Alien Queen vs PowerLoader :

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 08:47 AM
The space cruiser Sulaco :

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 12:10 PM
The Xenomorphs :

sicqnus
04-06-2004, 01:37 PM
The Space Marines vehicles :

JediTricks
04-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Man, someone went to phototown! :D

Very cool pics, even if there was a little photoshopping here and there. ;)

I don't get why the Ent-E is the chase model and not the Future Ent-D (which is kinda cobbled together on the rear section, including the inaccurate engineering section and 3rd nacelle).

sicqnus
04-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Action HQ still has Furutas in stock but regarding the prices, 'better order them from J-list...
http://www.action-hq.com/cgi-bin/action-hq/scan/fi=products/st=db/tf=category%2Cdescription/co=yes/sf=category/se=star%20trek/va=banner_image=/va=banner_text=.html?id=AkHoRUNL

britcit3
04-24-2004, 03:43 AM
Here is somehting that I spotted on Forbidden Planet Home Shopping (UK) -

http://www.forbiddenplanetstore.com/EmailResponse.html?PRODREF=C3111

It appears to be an ALIENS playset of approximately AF scale.

BC3

sergiurusu
04-27-2004, 06:08 AM
Here is somehting that I spotted on Forbidden Planet Home Shopping (UK) -

http://www.forbiddenplanetstore.com/EmailResponse.html?PRODREF=C3111

It appears to be an ALIENS playset of approximately AF scale.

BC3

Cool find BC3!! The figures are the same size as the AF?

sicqnus
04-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Playset is 30 centimeters tall and the figures are aprox 8 cm. Perfect size to complete the Konami figures collection. The playset will include 9 Marines (Hudson, Apone, Drake, Hicks, Werbowski, Vasquez, Dietrich, Crow, Frost) and 9 Alien Warriors (price : approx. $30). Other figures will be included in Swarm packs (like Alien Eggs, Bishop). Swarm packs will be priced around $10.
Item pictured is a prototype. I don't know yet if the figures will come painted or not.

sicqnus
05-02-2004, 03:38 AM
More infos :

Treehouse Kids is proud to present this all new playset featuring the epic confrontation between the Space Marines and the otherworldly creatures from James Cameron’s sci-fi classic Aliens™. This Deluxe Box Set is the first ever Aliens™ playset, fully licensed by Fox.

The set includes:

Three different levels, complete with multiple ladders, staircases, railings, and doorways for maximum playability

9 x 2 ˝ inch scale Alien Warrior figurines, plus three Alien Eggs

6 x 2 ˝ inch scale Space Marines from the film (including Corporal Hicks, Sergeant Apone, and more!) available exclusively with this Deluxe Box Set
When fully assembled, this set measures 12 inches high and 17 inches long, with room to house all of your Space Marines and Aliens, as they do battle. And all of the components -- the figures and the playset itself -- come complete with painstakingly authentic details from the film! Who will emerge victorious? It’s up to you!

This is the first is a series of modular playsets, each representing a different famous scene from the Alien Quadrilogy.

Also available are Aliens™ Swarm Packs! Mini packs of additional, ALL-NEW figurines allowing you to complete the scene. More Alien Warriors in a variety of different poses and positions! More Space Marines, including PFC Hudson and PFC Vasquez! Complete your collection today!

These toys are made by Treehouse Kids, but are being sold by Palisades due to their extensive background with the Alien license.