PDA

View Full Version : Geronimo!

Tycho
10-07-2003, 02:59 AM
Here's another good movie I like watching a lot.

A modern western, it's worth viewing and presents an insightful and balanced view of the Apache Wars as the American Indians resisted the oppressive reservation system imposed on them by the United States Army.

Wes Studi plays Geronimo in probably his best movie role.

Gene Hackman plays General Crook, charged with bringing him in.

And the two young Calvary officers, Britton Davis and Charles Gatewood are admirably portrayed.

Al Seaver is perhaps one of the other most colorful characters. A chief of scouts for the Army, he was both racist and respectful towards the Apaches, and well played by Robert Duvall, another very capable actor who was perfect for his role.

RooJay
10-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Wes Studi plays Geronimo in probably his best movie role.

...and that's saying something - Wes Studi is great in every role he's had (with the sole exception of the dreadful Street Fighter movie).

Jaff
10-10-2003, 04:17 AM
I've watched Geronimo countless times. Love it twice over. The soundtrack is really unique too, especially for the film's mood.

I really love Wes Studi. I liked him even in Dances with Wolves, but my most memorable role of his was in Mystery Men.

So where is the Wyatt Earp and Tombstone thread? I'd vote Wyatt Earp over Tobstone pizza anyday! ;)

Tycho
07-24-2006, 01:30 PM
I just watched Geronimo again with my Comic Con company. It does seem to entertain. It's amazing that Geronimo survived everything in that war and lived to go to prison and be resettled on a reservation in Florida. Nearly everyone else around him got killed.

jonthejedi
08-06-2006, 05:06 AM
I love Duvall in this movie, especially in the Mexican cantina.

Tycho
08-06-2006, 02:00 PM
He'd been shot, stabbed, or hit by arrows 17 times!

"Probably a Texan. They're the lowest form of white man that exists."

CG: "Well maybe I could learn to hate with the proper vigor from you, Al."

AS: "Well maybe you could."

Great westerns are full of great dialogue.