PDA

View Full Version : Darth Maul Sith Lord

Darth Evil
11-28-2001, 02:39 PM
I've never even seen this figure, aside from the pics on SSG. Is it good? Are both ends of the lightsaber removable?

El Chuxter
11-28-2001, 03:13 PM
I know I'm in a minority here (most folks don't care too much for his "one-pose" stance), but I think he's the best Maul figure of all. Only one side of his saber is removable, unfortunately, but he's permanently posed in the scene where he ignites the second blade in the Theed Hangar.

I can't speak for the availability in Ireland, but he's been showing up in clearance sales fairly regularly on this side of the ocean for around $2.

JEDIpartner
11-28-2001, 03:31 PM
I was actually quite excited with this one... although I pretty much detest the "one-pose wonders", this one succeeds as a rescuplt. This is how rescuplts SHOULD be handled. Get the neutral pose out first and, in the even you feel there needs to be a resculpt, put out the "posed" version!!!

Darth Evil
11-29-2001, 02:26 PM
Well, Sith Lord and the Deluxe POTJ and E1 are the only Mauls I don't have, so I'd like all of them. I saw the Deluxe POTJ one in a shop near me but it's 24.99!!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
11-29-2001, 04:58 PM
Yeah, he could have better articulation. I still like this figure because of the cloth robe thingy he has on. At least this one can sit down or be positioned better than the OG version. I also like the removable blade lightsaber. See, why can't Hasbro do something like combine the good articulation of the first figure, with the other good points from the subsequent sculpts. Oh yeah, repeat business. I forgot.

Starfig873
11-29-2001, 09:47 PM
I was quite pleased with this one. It's one of the better Mauls of the Ep. I line.

My local TRS is still utterly choking with this figure. And that's the only loathing I have for this figure. :D

GNT
11-30-2001, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Starfig873
It's one of the better Mauls of the Ep. I line.

Its better than the first Darth Figure! but isn't as great as the break in-2 Maul figure :)

Starfig873
12-04-2001, 12:11 PM
Its better than the first Darth Figure! but isn't as great as the break in-2 Maul figure

Ooh...forgot about that one! Yeah, that one is just fun to play with! :D
Reenacting Darth Maul falling apart made my day when I found that two-pack :p

Darth Evil
12-06-2001, 03:07 PM
Is the break-in-two Maul in the the two pack the same as the POTJ one?

JediTricks
12-07-2001, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
Is the break-in-two Maul in the the two pack the same as the POTJ one? Nope, they are different in fairly noticable ways. Different head, different head articulation, different chest which makes the arms fit differently, different "skirt"... uh... different saber. I can't remember all the differences, but they're not the same thing.

Darth Evil
12-09-2001, 04:51 PM
Which, in your opinion(s), is the better of the break-in-two Mauls? I only have the POTJ one.

JediTricks
12-10-2001, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
Which, in your opinion(s), is the better of the break-in-two Mauls? I only have the POTJ one. I like the pose, the lower "skirt", and the head of the 2-pack one way more.

187-Maul
01-06-2002, 08:14 AM
well I guess the sith lord is the best episode I darth maul
and to the break apart - the one from the 2-pack is way much better then the other one but I stilll bought both and have them both standing next to each other in my showcase - thats the place where I keep all my (so far) 9 darth mauls - I bought the glass showcase in ikea it is pretty good for keepin your loose SW figs in

SithDroid
01-29-2002, 04:27 PM
I like the figure. It was fairly easy to come by when TRU marked them down to $1.97. I also like the two-pack break apart Maul better.