PDA

View Full Version : Episode III Spy Report: Revenge of the Sith?

I am Jabba the Hutt
10-08-2003, 11:55 AM
quoted from www.theforce.net

EP3: SPY REPORT: Revenge of the Sith
Wed, Oct 08, 03 12:15:08 AM EDT

Looks like our forumers are turning into quite the investigative team. Sounds like Lucasfilm may just be trying to hide something. One of our sources yesterday talked about how an early draft of the script was indeed titled "Episode III: Revenge of the Sith." We thought maybe it was a joke like Jar Jar's Great Adventure on the early drafts of Attack of the Clones, but perhaps we were quick to judgement.
Kudos to HamSalad3000 for this follow-up report:

Called Register.com this evening. Asked the nice person (I'll keep his or her identity secret in case they can get in trouble) if revengeofthesith.net was registered. I added I was on the road and couldn't look up myself.
The person said that it was. I said I was interested in purchasing the domain. The person said s/he would find out. "Actually, we own the domain," the person said.

On further inquiry about possibly purchasing the domain, s/he said s/he would inquire a bit more, since they were the one's who registered it.

The person then explained that the domain was a corporate client domain, and that corporate client had it registered/on hold through June 2004.

The name of that corporation, s/he said:

"LUCASFILM LTD."

As a corporate client, the person continued to explain, Lucasfilm recieves "certain priveleges" in terms of registering and holding domain names.

This was one of those instances.

So, no friend of friend. No person from another web site said. This was my investigation.

And the investigation reveals, without a doubt, that LUCASFILM OWNS REVENGEOFTHESITH.NET.

Now, having said all that, that DOESN'T mean it is the title of Episode III. But I'd say it's in the running.

You might remember rumblings of this from way back and this is also an established fan favorite. Interesting, though AL posted some interesting comments on the subject as well that should be noted:
Besides, even if LFL did register it, that does not mean it is the title. For Episode II, they registered the domain name Riseforth.com/Net/whatever and also Darkjedi.com/net etc. Did you hear either of those in the film? No. Was "The Clones Rise Forth" or "The Sith Rise Forth" ever the title? No.
It's not LFL and it is not the title. They are not registering any of the characters' doman names at the moment; last time around, they registered even the names of the cardboard senators that eventually got cut from the flick. Does it make any sense for them to register the title this early?

No.

Still, interesting stuff despite the arguement for this being the title is weak and has some holes in it. Of course, we'll keep our ear to the ground, and I'll bet money the JCers will, too.

I still doubt this will be the title but still... it's interesting. Maybe it's to get the fans guessing... then he'll surprise us with a title we never expected!
Who expected Attack of the Clones? :)

plo koon 200
10-08-2003, 02:23 PM
I can't believ TF.n posted this. This is really, really old news. Before the shooting for EIII started the guy at episode-x.com or some spoiler site was going to register the name but he had computer problems and when he went about registering it a couple of days later, LFL registered it the day before. He was so close to getting it registered in his name as well.

shawnkeena
10-28-2003, 11:16 AM
I like the title. I think it fits nicely. With news about how Palpatine hides his identity to the Jedi and eveyone else, I really like "The Phantom Menace" as a title even more now. Before it was a little bit of a stretch.