PDA

View Full Version : More Lightsaber Colors

Turambar
10-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Okay, since Mace had the purple saber in E2, I think we need to see some more colors in E3. The only purple saber among green, blue, and reds has led to many questions, and the only answer is that Sam Jackson wanted a purple saber so he got it. For this not to be a distraction I'd like to see more purples in E3 and especially at least one YELLOW saber. A Yellow blade would be awesome. As a kid I always wanted to see one. Who knows, maybe it was because the old toys came with the yellow toothpicks as lightsabers, but I really want to see something other than one unexplainable purple in E2.
Bring on the YELLOWs and more purples!

Beast
10-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Won't happen. Lucas has already stated that the only colors that exist in lightsabers is Red, Green, and Blue. Mace's is just a variation of blue, or it uses two seperate crystals to allow the color to be different. Originally it was said it was purple, because he's the head of the Jedi Council. Though that fact seems to have slipped off his SW.Com Character Profile for some reason. But I'll stick with the Purple = Head of the Council, as it once was stated. :)

MTBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turambar
10-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Won't happen. Lucas has already stated that the only colors that exist in lightsabers is Red, Green, and Blue. Mace's is just a variation of blue, or it uses two seperate crystals to allow the color to be different. Originally it was said it was purple, because he's the head of the Jedi Council. Though that fact seems to have slipped off his SW.Com Character Profile for some reason. But I'll stick with the Purple = Head of the Council, as it once was stated. :)

MTBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That sucks!
I'd heard that about him being the best swordsman. I wonder why it was changed.
Maybe GL will surprise us.
GO YELLOW!

plo koon 200
10-08-2003, 11:00 PM
Mace Windu to Yoda: I am your father.
Yoda: NO.... I mean head of the Jouncil, you are.

Okay, that is chessy.

Pendo
10-09-2003, 05:32 AM
I think it would look stupid if we saw different colours in Episode III after only seeing blue and green from the Jedi in AOTC!

PENDO!

TheDarthVader
10-09-2003, 01:43 PM
It does not matter to me, but I feel that we will not see yellow in EpIII. Mace will be the only one with purple.

Boba Fetish
10-10-2003, 07:03 AM

MTBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

As you may already know, I am almost positive I read somewhere that his saber is a combination of red and blue crystals, which was viewed by some of the jedi as unorthodox but viewed by Mace as some sort of focus of balance between light and dark. This would seem to make sense in regards to his character since we always see him reiterate how Anakin is to bring balance to the force. This is his ideaology.

scruffziller
10-13-2003, 08:01 AM
Won't happen. Lucas has already stated that the only colors that exist in lightsabers is Red, Green, and Blue. Mace's is just a variation of blue, or it uses two seperate crystals to allow the color to be different. Well if that is the case. Then we should see a black hued lightsaber because Red and Green mixed together make black(no I am not making a racist statement :rolleyes: )if Red and Blue crystals make purple.
Also should see turquoise/teel(sea green) a mixture of green and blue.

Boba Fetish
10-13-2003, 12:30 PM
The red and green with their vibrancy might make a more of a beer bottle brown than black. :D

We could now make longer hilts with two chambers of crystals and mix secondary lightsaber colors with primary ones. Purple and red can make a nice rich magenta and a purple with blue to make a beautiful starry indigo. OOOh the possibilities. The turquoise you mention could be mixed with the purple to maka a, um, I'm not sure what that would look like. I'll get to work on my lightsaber color wheel right away.

El Chuxter
10-22-2003, 03:27 PM
I'm still waiting on the EU to explain why (in story terms) all the following original lightsaber colors were changed:

Ki-Adi Mundi: purple
Plo Koon: red
Saessee: indigo
Adi: crimson
Mace: blue
Yoda: yellow

And I know there are others. I also don't think it's been stated for certain whether Leia still carries a red lightsaber.

EU, I know, but it just shows how someone's dropping a major ball here.

Boba Fetish
10-22-2003, 09:30 PM
After Yoda and the council saw that Maul had a red lightsaber they feared that if they were ever in a battle with multiple sith that some confusion might result if there weren't consistency in the colors and jedi might accidently be killed. Here is an excerpt from an official source.

Yoda: Hmmm, red sabers the Sith uses. Great danger for jedi with red sabers. Green it will be for everyone.
Council: Boooo! That's your favorite color. No fair.
Plo Koon: But I've been wanting a blue saber.
Yoda: Hmmm, Only blue and green then, no other there will be.
Mace: (whispering in Yoda's ear) Purple is still kinda close to blue right?
Yoda:Your luck you push. :D

plo koon 200
10-22-2003, 09:45 PM
That's good and funny. That should be in the comics.

Exhaust Port
10-22-2003, 10:47 PM
What about white? Mix all the lights together and you get white, right?

Boba Fetish
10-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Yoda: Hmmm, red sabers the Sith uses. Great danger for jedi with red sabers. Green it will be for everyone.
Council: Boooo! That's your favorite color. No fair.
Plo Koon: But I've been wanting a blue saber.
Yoda: Hmmm, Only blue and green then, no other there will be.
Mace: (whispering in Yoda's ear) Purple is still kinda close to blue right?
Yoda:Your luck you push. :D

Thr Flaming Jedi- Well darn it. There goes my rainbow lightsaber. :rolleyes:

scruffziller
10-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Thr Flaming Jedi- Well darn it. There goes my rainbow lightsaber. :rolleyes:Hey, in the SW RPG you can have one!!!!!:D

What about white? Mix all the lights together and you get white, right?
But first you would need yellow and then blue, then red all the primary colors.
No green is not a primary color because blue and yellow make green. Stupid Double Dare question!!!:frus: That kid got robbed..........

Or is it different where light is concerned..........:confused: versus paint pigment???

Exhaust Port
10-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Color mixing is different for light than pigment but I'm not 100% sure how it works. Rather than yellow, blue and red could you mix an off-yellow, off-blue and off-red and get the same result (assuming each color was shifted along the spectrum in the same amount and intesity)?

Arrogant Arse
10-29-2003, 10:10 AM
The 3 primary colors for Light mixing are Red, Green and Blue (does an RGB Monitor sound familiar?) The three primary colors for paint are Red, Blue and Yellow.

Worked at an Audio/Visiual Company for 2 years.

AA

vadersvette
05-02-2004, 06:59 PM
I always wanted to see a white lightsaber, I don't know why. lol I always imagined it to be very powerful :D Maybe a blacklight one (dark purple) :crazed:

Kidhuman
05-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Iu wouldnt mind seeing a multicolored saber. Say a double edge saber with blue and green on it. Or even a rainbow one. :beard:

evenflow
05-07-2004, 08:42 AM
I personally liked the idea of being able to have a bunch of different color sabers. Why not? If you can mix the crystals in a saber to get purple well then you can get others too. It would have been cooler i think; orange, yellow, etc....