PDA

View Full Version : Chain mail

Capitan_Moroni
10-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Do you any of you have ideas about how I could make chain mail out of pop can tabs (you know, those little tabs on top of pop cans). I have a few thousand on my hands and I cant figure out how to hook the little guys together. Any Ideas? I heard this was a craft type thing back in the 70's, does anybody have any information on that? Thanks in advance!

scruffziller
10-09-2003, 09:35 AM
Whoah I thought this was about those chain letter scams.:D Boy what a waste of $40.:(

JediTricks
10-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Try paper clips. Your other choice is to cut one of the loops open, put it through the hole of another top, close it back up, then repeat with the next top.

LusiferSam
10-10-2003, 11:16 AM
I've never heard of doing this out of pop can tabs. But I know how to do this wire (aluminum wire). I've made myself almost a full suit this way. JediTricks' idea of cutting the rings I think is the best. Next you to decide on your pattern. The easiest is called European or 4 in 1. There's a number of sites out there that show how to do the patterns better than I could describe. If you want I can post some links of a few favorite sites and/or pictures of my shirt (the most impress piece).