PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Packs at KB Toys?!?!

sith_killer_99
10-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Well, the rumor is out:

Rebelscum reader Andy Albertsen sends in word that the very popular Clone Wars Value Packs have started showing up at a Kay Bee store in the Livingston Mall in New Jersey for $5.99. Previously, these sets have only been found at Wal-Mart stores across the country, but it looks like they are now available at other retail stores for those who are still looking for them.

I haven't been able to get to RS because I am at work and they are on the banned list for internet use. I found this at POTF2.com

So, keep your eyes open!

BTW, KB around here is HORRIBLE, so I'm still holding out for Wal-Mart to get some more, but the chances are slim, since most of our Wal-Marts have gotten the regular Clone Wars Ani, Yoda and ARC Trooper. :cry:

TheDarthVader
10-09-2003, 12:58 PM
That is weird. I have not spotted them at KB yet but now I will keep my eyes open. Thanks for the info.

Kidhuman
10-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Well then, there is another.....................hope that is. My wally world has also gotten in the single packs and say they have never heard of the bonus packs.

bobafett07728
10-09-2003, 02:38 PM
I was luck enough to get the single packed figures at a Wal Mart. Haven't seen too many of them, but the bonus packs were a no-show. Would've rather had the bonus packs. . . its the same damn price. If K-B gets them, I'll return the figures I got and just get the two-pack. Silly Wal Mart. . . they never have anything around my neck 'o the woods.

plo koon 200
10-09-2003, 02:39 PM
I have seen a lot of single packs at Target. I got them and I'm hoping they will get the value packs soon.

Val Da Car
10-09-2003, 08:21 PM
My KB Toy Works (yep Toy Works) near me got some in today and gone...the woman in front of me (buying for her financee/boyfriend) bought a case....4 each of the Anakin/Yoda/Arc Value pack...with the 30% off sale that makes them about $4.19 each...up yours Wal Mart!!

tgr3328
10-13-2003, 09:54 AM
I found a Yoda bonus pack at the KB in The Woodlands, TX. I didn't know if it was a fluke, but grabbed it since it was the first bonus pack I had seen.

bobafett07728
10-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Found a set of Bonus Packs at the Frankilin Mills K-B in PA. It looks like Kay-Bee will be getting these, too. I couldn't get them at WalMart, so this was a very exciting find. I think I'll be returning my single packs to WalMart now, although I haven't decided yet.

BTW the Bonus Blue Clonetrooper I picked up is missing the "visor" (Black 'T' on Helmet wasn't painted.) Its a pretty cool error, for those into that kinda thing.

BoShek
10-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Found a set of Bonus Packs at the Frankilin Mills K-B in PA. It looks like Kay-Bee will be getting these, too. I couldn't get them at WalMart, so this was a very exciting find. I think I'll be returning my single packs to WalMart now, although I haven't decided yet.

BTW the Bonus Blue Clonetrooper I picked up is missing the "visor" (Black 'T' on Helmet wasn't painted.) Its a pretty cool error, for those into that kinda thing.

bobafett07728, did they have many of these? I may be in the area the last week of the month.

OC47150
10-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Checked my KB last night and nothing.

TheDarthVader
10-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Found them! I bought about six of them! I got them with the 30% off sale! What a deal! They were at my KB. I would have been surprised to see them, but after the news was posted it was no big deal. I was still happy that I got so lucky! :D

bobafett07728
10-22-2003, 06:05 PM
bobafett07728, did they have many of these? I may be in the area the last week of the month.

When I went there were two displays(two complete sets in each display.) Whether they will still have them, or will have re-stocked them is another story. I purchased one set. . . so that left three. Hope you can still pick up a set!!

jedi-cpa
11-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Is that clone trooper anything like any other clone trooper? Or do you have to buy the bonus pack to get it?

OC47150
11-03-2003, 10:22 AM
My buddy and I each picked up a set on Saturday at our KB. The clerk (who recognizes us) said he was surprised that they hadn't sold out of them; the store had had them for about a week!

I'm gonna pick up a couple more later this week, if they still have them.

bobafrett
11-03-2003, 11:39 AM
I'd go check mu local KB, but my car wouldn't start yesterday. It's in the shop today, just waiting to get an extimate on the cost of what it'll take to get it running. Hopefully I still have some money left to get some BP should I find them.

the_emporer
11-10-2003, 03:00 PM
I missed the Bonus Packs at my Wal-Mart. They put them out one time. I picked them up at my KB Saturday for $5.99 a pack. It looked like I took the first ones. I've given up on Wal-Mart...but that's another story.

CrunchyNug
11-17-2003, 05:49 PM
I had given up on Walmart long ago. They're too hard to find out here in Los Angeles. But I finally found those Value Packs at my local KB Toyworks. There must have been several cases because there were over 20 Value Packs there at opening. FINALLY I have some of these babies!!! They were well worth the wait!!!

Turbowars
11-17-2003, 08:16 PM
I had given up on Walmart long ago. They're too hard to find out here in Los Angeles. But I finally found those Value Packs at my local KB Toyworks. There must have been several cases because there were over 20 Value Packs there at opening. FINALLY I have some of these babies!!! They were well worth the wait!!!Dude you are so full of it, they didn't get them!!:evil:

the_emporer
11-17-2003, 10:22 PM
I went to a nearby Wal-Mart tonight looking for the Clone Wars Wave 2 and I found a couple of the bonus packs. The reason they were still there was because they were folded in half so they could hang on a single peg with the rest of the figures!!! What kind of an idiot would do something like that???!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-17-2003, 11:30 PM
They certainly go fast. I talked to an employee at KB, and he told me that they hadn't had them out for one full day and there were 3 packs left (I wish most SW stock at KB would go that fast).

At $5.99 it is bargain. Just a question for someone who has not been keeping up on Star Wars figure news as of late, are the assorted Clone Lieutenants and Troopers available only in the bonus pack, or are they featured in an up and coming wave?

Turbowars
11-18-2003, 12:10 AM
They certainly go fast. I talked to an employee at KB, and he told me that they hadn't had them out for one full day and there were 3 packs left (I wish most SW stock at KB would go that fast).

At $5.99 it is bargain. Just a question for someone who has not been keeping up on Star Wars figure news as of late, are the assorted Clone Lieutenants and Troopers available only in the bonus pack, or are they featured in an up and coming wave?As of now, we can only get them in the Value packs and 3 packs, but the 3 packs are in different poses.

darthzirock
11-18-2003, 01:30 AM
My Wal-Mart had the Value Packs for roughly 36 hours before they were all sold out, and they never got them again. I was lucky to get one of each. Our local KB Toys and KB Toy Works (yes, we have one of each here in town) got the VP's, too, and sold out very quickly as well. I've also seen the VP's at KB in Pineville, NC, and the WM in Shelby, NC.

Back on 11/2 (the same day as the start of Target's $3.99 sale) my local WM got in the CW wave 2 figures. Target didn't even have the wave 1 figures that were in their ads! But, I did get WM to price-match Target's ad.

The Value Packs were a great promotion that really got fans excited about the CW figure line. Unfortunately, spotty distribution resulted in many collectors never actually buying -- or even seeing -- these sets! Had a fellow collector not called me up about the CW w.2 figs the day they came in, I'd only be seeing them now -- and only Mace Windu and Obi-Wan, at that, as they were already sold out of Durge and Asajj Ventress at the WM in Shelby yesterday!

On the upside, I did manage to score the only Durge with Swoop Bike left at my local TRU last night. :happy:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-18-2003, 12:40 PM
The Anakin pack I won off eBay should get here soon. I only saw the Yoda pack at WM once, and got the ARC pack from eBay. These should've been easier to find, and since people want these instead of the single-carded wave 1 figures, wave 1 is clogging the pegs at Target and even Wal-Mart.

AT-AT Man
11-18-2003, 03:57 PM
well, i have been working at KB for the past three weeks, and i haven't seen a single value pack. Now, maybe they were stocked and sold out a day i wasn't there, but i was there last night, stocking and i didn't see any. Now i hope i find them, because with that employee discount, it will help a little.

bobafrett
11-18-2003, 09:42 PM
The reason they were still there was because they were folded in half so they could hang on a single peg with the rest of the figures!!! What kind of an idiot would do something like that???!!!

What kind do you think? One of the non Star Wars caring WM employees. (I know there are some of us who work or worked for Wal-Mart, and who do care)

the_emporer
11-18-2003, 10:29 PM
What kind do you think? One of the non Star Wars caring WM employees. (I know there are some of us who work or worked for Wal-Mart, and who do care)

I said this jokingly, knowing there are some employees that don't understand and, as you said, don't really care. I didn't mean for it to be offensive to WM employees. I apologize.

bobafrett
11-19-2003, 12:33 AM
I said this jokingly, knowing there are some employees that don't understand and, as you said, don't really care. I didn't mean for it to be offensive to WM employees. I apologize.

No problem, I was also kidding, and I know there are several posters here who either work, or like myself are former employees of the big discount chain. I wouldn't doubt someone folding the two packs just to make them gfit on one peg. I saw that a seller on eBay went and cut the "bonus" clones off the carded figure, and was selling them. He/She even had bids on them. Wish I would have marked it in my watch section. I wouldn't be suprised to see some management person at said discount store, cut the bonus figure and sell it for retail. I have seen it happen at the store i worked at, not with the figures, but with other products that had bonus or free items attached.

OC47150
11-20-2003, 05:12 PM
At my KB, the number slowly dwindled down. I got the last set one night last week.

I'm gonna check back every couple of days now through Christmas just on the off chance another shipment might come in.

Kidhuman
11-22-2003, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see some management person at said discount store, cut the bonus figure and sell it for retail. I have seen it happen at the store i worked at, not with the figures, but with other products that had bonus or free items attached.

The onyl thing with that Boba s the bonus figure has no upc on it. It wont scan in and says bonus figure on it. It would be kinda hard to do, but they could do it. Also, collectors like ourselves would know the difference between them if they were cut.

BTW I finally found them at Wally World today. Last set they had and only set I have ever seen.

bobafrett
11-22-2003, 04:00 PM
The onyl thing with that Boba s the bonus figure has no upc on it. It wont scan in and says bonus figure on it. It would be kinda hard to do, but they could do it. Also, collectors like ourselves would know the difference between them if they were cut.

BTW I finally found them at Wally World today. Last set they had and only set I have ever seen.

Yeah I thought about that, but we had to print UPC labels for the inventory crew every year to place on the outside of a box to be scanned what was inside the box. What would stop someone from scanning the UPC # on the one figure, and print up a label and place it on the "bonus" figure. I know it doesn't sound right, but I believe it has been done.

So, did you buy any of the bonus figures? I haven't seen any since my initial purchase when they first came out.

Hellboy
11-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Well for those of you who have a Fred Meyers in your area you're in luck. I found a boat load of these things at the 2 stores I went to and probably bought way more than I needed but thought I might help out some friends if they needed extras. So that makes 3 stores that these so called exclusives are showing up at. I wonder which retailer will be next?

Turbowars
11-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Well for those of you who have a Fred Meyers in your area you're in luck. I found a boat load of these things at the 2 stores I went to and probably bought way more than I needed but thought I might help out some friends if they needed extras. So that makes 3 stores that these so called exclusives are showing up at. I wonder which retailer will be next?Got set you can send my way?

Hellboy
11-22-2003, 05:23 PM
Got set you can send my way?

Sure Turbo. If you're interested send me a PM and we'll see if we can work something out. :)

Kidhuman
11-22-2003, 05:26 PM
So, did you buy any of the bonus figures? I haven't seen any since my initial purchase when they first came out.

Hell yeah I bought em. And I am gonna return the single packs I got unless someone wants to trade. Got Anakin, Yoda, and ARC (blue) Trooper. I would be willing totrade for the red ARC trooper.

BTW what is the Fred Meyers Figure?

Hellboy
11-22-2003, 05:32 PM
BTW what is the Fred Meyers Figure?

Fred Meyers is a local retail chain in the NW area kidhuman. Much like a Wal-Mart only not as cheap. I'm not sure how many states they cover but I've seen them in OR, ID , and WA. :)

Turbowars
11-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Hell yeah I bought em. And I am gonna return the single packs I got unless someone wants to trade. Got Anakin, Yoda, and ARC (blue) Trooper. I would be willing totrade for the red ARC trooper.

BTW what is the Fred Meyers Figure?Fred Meyers is a huge chain store like WM and Target, but with a grocery store in it. One stop shopping.

Kidhuman
11-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Oh thought it was an exclusive figure or something. LOL.

jedi-cpa
12-09-2003, 03:51 PM
different than any other Clone? Or is it a repack from the multi pack? Or the EII preview clone?

Help.

tgr3328
12-09-2003, 03:56 PM
different than any other Clone? Or is it a repack from the multi pack? Or the EII preview clone?
Help.

It is just like the red saga clone trooper, but with yellow, blue, or no markings. The preview clone doesn't have as much articulation.

Dialogus
01-28-2004, 01:43 AM
Any of you guys have one spare set of 3 for sale??

I'm in Canada. The chance to spot one value pack over here is practically unexistant and actually they tend to go a little expensive on eBay. Since it seems that they show up regularly in the US (and therefore not only at WM :mad: !!), I was just wondering...

Perhaps I should have posted this in the trade/sell section but I think I might have better luck over here ;) .

aceguide
01-28-2004, 09:22 AM
The bonus packs seemed to emerge again in the VA area. I got all of them in the first round - but keep your eyes peeled.

DarthQuack
01-31-2004, 10:33 PM
There seem to be a handful of them in Crossgates Mall in Albany if anyone is interested. They were priced 9.99 and single figures 2.99.

-Matt

ACPin
02-04-2004, 11:26 PM
I've only spotted them after Thanksgiving and haven't seen any afterwards.

OC47150
02-05-2004, 08:58 AM
I'd say the possibility of them showing up now at KB is pretty slim. You might need to check secondary sources.

slick169
02-06-2004, 08:30 PM
I was at KB in Batavia, Illinois today. They were overloaded with these in the 1st place and they just got another shipment in yesterday. This is at one of the closing stores and they seem to be dumping all the old stock on them. They are still $9.99. Watch the pricing carefully at KB. They just got a bunch of Playskool stuff in. After the 20% discount you'll still be paying what I did for them a year ago. eg: Stompin Wampa $9.99 - 20%= $8.00. A year ago I bought them for $7.99 at the same KB. Same on all the Playskool line.

Kidhuman
02-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Might have to check C-burg Va for another set.

DarthQuack
02-07-2004, 10:22 AM
Are the figures in the 4-pack any different the regular carded ones? I didn't wanna sound like a moron with this question but I asked it anyway!-Matt

Turbowars
02-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Are the figures in the 4-pack any different the regular carded ones? I didn't wanna sound like a moron with this question but I asked it anyway!-MattYou moron!! J/K, no they are the same, but they have a blank sticker over the bar code.

DarthQuack
02-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the insult and for clearing it up. DOH

-Matt

Turbowars
02-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the insult and for clearing it up. DOH

-MattYou are welcome and like I said, I was joking.;)

DarthQuack
02-07-2004, 12:44 PM
It's all good in the hood.

-Matt

Dialogus
03-08-2004, 12:00 AM
I just can't believe some of u guys had been living in CloneWarsBonusPacks Wonderland!!! I never ever saw a single one of these up here and in a last foolish and desperate act got a set of 3 on eBay for...$37 bucks...+ $10 shipping... :crazed: ...

I'm an opener but bet my a** that these ones will stay MOC for a couple of years. Are they still easy to find in some areas or we can consider them now mostly rare as time goes by?

Kidhuman
03-08-2004, 12:48 AM
I saw em once and never again. I believe they are all gone now

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-08-2004, 05:28 PM
If anybody still has them at their KB and if its closing, then I'll gladly take one more ARC trooper/white clone pack off your hands, especially if it's at a low price. ;)