PDA

View Full Version : Smallville's Road Kill Episode (Diet Girl!)

Tycho
11-28-2001, 02:22 PM
LOL, I liked this episode a lot, and the show continues to come up with good ideas, like Clark's "drive-in date" with Lana - really cute!

But I'm ROTFLOL when I thought of the premise the writers must have used to come up with this show: 'woman hits deer with car then eats it on live TV'.

I couldn't believe it when I saw that! I laughed out loud - and while I thought it was getting ridiculous for a pretty realistic show (up until that point), it was cartoon-cute in that type of humor!

The idea of what a fat-girl goes through was also a cool and relevant issue to explore. But again we go with the kryptonite being responsible for every episode.

The casting of the meteorologist was well-done. Anyone recognize him from Terminator II? (Dr. Miles Dyson). Notice the parallels to other super-villains in Smallville?

BugBoy mirrored Superman vs. Spiderman in some ways.
The Coach was like the Torch.
Shapeshifter girl was like Star Trek, I suppose. Maybe Stretch?
FreezerBoy was like Mr. Freeze (though a bit toned down from Schwarzeneggar)
DietAide was mmmm.... I think she was very orginal.
Now is this guy going to become Meteor Man? - LOL

Anyway, Lex was good as usual. Do you think he's noticing Lana and likes her? How about Cloe? Is Lex around 24? He's not too old to forget about getting away with high school girls (but Lana et. all are supposed to be 14 or 15? I don't think they'll go there. 16 yeah, not any younger). But the other thing is that Lex gave Clark that truck in the first episode. While I thought he was supposed to be a freshman, he is obviously older (the actor) and if he can drive? What do you have to be only 14 in Smallville?

How old are they all?

JediCole
11-28-2001, 04:24 PM
Tycho,
Thanks for following up on the Smallville threads. Yes, the struggles of the fat girl lost much of their impact when she got a mouth on her that would make Jim Cary's "The Mask" blush. That and sucking roadkill dry! It seems that not only does the Kryptonite embue some with bizzare powers and abilities (far beyond those of mortal men?), but it also gives them unnatural and uncharacteristic compulsions (to suck the life, fat, or heat out of people for example). Needless to say, in three weeks or less we need a Kryptonite power-free episode or the plot device will wear too thin.
I agree about Lex. I can't get enough of him. His ability to just insinuate himself, uninvited into people's homes, lives, and personal space is a great defining part of his character. He puts forth an unmistakable confidence, as well as an oily charm. I would like to see at least ONE other person in Smallville not judge him by his father or legacy.
The minerologist was indeed the computer genius inadvertantly responsible for the downfall of mankind in Terminator II. For those of you who have cinematic knowledge a little further back, he first gained fame as the "Brother from Another Planet", an interesting and worthwile film if you get a chance to check it out sometime.

Tycho
11-28-2001, 06:28 PM
So how old are each of the characters supposed to be on Smallville?

JediTricks
11-28-2001, 09:57 PM
I thought this episode proved that the show has no future. The "message" didn't bother me, but the whole premise of Kryptonite being the source of EVERY plot device is getting really stupid already, and there was a plot hole bigger than that girl's CGI mouth... If she needed fat so badly, why didn't she simply drink bottles of cooking oil instead of killing people and eating tons of junk food? Cooking oil is pure fat! She could have eaten lard or beef tallow if she wanted mammal-based fat instead of vegetable-based.

The ages of the characters break down as follows:

Clark - 15
Lana - 15 (perhaps now 16, since that was her birthday in last night's ep)
Lex - 21

Are there other characters on this show? I hadn't noticed!!! :crazed:

Tycho
11-29-2001, 04:25 AM
Thanks. And yes, I imagine Cloe and Justin (is it?) are also Clark and Lana's age.

Whitney might be older, as he's on the varsity team (it seems) so he could be a junior or senior, but doesn't have to be.

Ma and Pa Kent are old. That's all we need to know about them, LOL. But Lana's aunt is kind of young and good looking. How old is she? And is she available?

Sith Worm
12-04-2001, 08:40 PM
Man it was killin' me who that black guy was. Good call Tycho you made my brain stop hurting...

JEDIpartner
12-05-2001, 09:42 AM
I have a hard time buying their ages. Clark simply does NOT look like a 15 year old. He looks 24.

This is like Luke Perry in 90210... who's the old guy hanging out with the school kids???

JediTricks
12-06-2001, 02:03 AM
I dunno if he looks 24 to me, but he definitely doesn't look 15! I'd guess more like 19 or 20, but what do I know? According to IMDB, he is 24.