PDA

View Full Version : What god would 3PO have been?

scruffziller
10-10-2003, 11:08 AM
It has always bugged me that the Ewoks seemed to recognize C-3PO when he sat up, even before he started to speak their language. Any reference as to why they thought he was some sort of deity besides speaking their language.

stillakid
10-10-2003, 11:22 AM
It has always bugged me that the Ewoks seemed to recognize C-3PO when he sat up, even before he started to speak their language. Any reference as to why they thought he was some sort of deity besides speaking their language.

The "prophesy" crap said that a golden god (or something to that effect) would come to save them. So it wasn't so much anything 3PO said so much as his apppearance.

Either that, or they're just attracted to bright shiny objects just like most humans seem to be. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
10-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Either that, or they're just attracted to bright shiny objects just like most humans seem to be. :D
"Ooh... a sparkly!" - the bird from the Secret of NIMH (voiced by Dom DeLuise)

Actually, the Ewoks heard Threepio humming tunes to pass the time in the net, and he sang "Layla." They knew, Clapton is god. :p

Kidhuman
10-12-2003, 11:36 PM
Ya know, if they thought he was a god and all, they would have some kind of statue or tribute to/of him or similar being in their village.

2-1B
10-13-2003, 01:53 AM
I revere him as the god of irritating and annoying movie characters. :)