PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill

James Boba Fettfield
10-10-2003, 02:36 PM
I just got back from seeing Kill Bill, so if you haven't seen it and don't want to be spoiled, go away now.

Quentin T. has just surpassed all expectations I had of him as a director. the first installment of Kill Bill was excellent. The film follows the usual direction of his, with certain parts of the story being told out of order, but it always works. The fights, the blood, the way the film didn't take itself too seriously, I loved it all! My favorite part of the film was the backstory that was told about Cottonmouth. A majority of that backstorywas animated! And it worked well!
Uma Thurman played the part of this revenge seeking bride well, and what was the deal with her name getting bleeped out whenever someone said it? I guess I'll just call her the Bride. A unmerciful killing machine out to get revenge has been done before, but this character felt fresh.
There were some scenes in the film that made me jump, yes I was startled. I didn't expect it at all, but BAM, then I jump and look foolish. Well, I need to sort some of that movie out in my brain for the time being, but I'd love to hear what anyone else has to say about this movie.

derek
10-10-2003, 07:38 PM
i read in one review that mrs. hawk's character is named "Black Mamba". :confused:

was she ever referred to as this in the film? maybe there were some copyright issues involved and instead of changing thruman's character's name, tarentino just bleeped it out? :confused:

i'm glad the movie was good, and am happy tarentino is back directing and hopefully he'll stay behind the camera and not in front of it. :happy:

James Boba Fettfield
10-10-2003, 07:43 PM
Black Mamba is her codename, derek. I was excited earlier from seeing it, I should of clarified it more. I mean when they're speaking her real name, that's what gets bleeped out.

Pendo
10-11-2003, 05:54 AM
I can't wait to see this movie, but it's not released here till the 17th.

PENDO!

Hellboy
10-11-2003, 03:02 PM
This movie is incredible and EXTREMELY violent. How Tarantino got an R rating is mind boggling. The fight scenes were amazing especially GoGo's relentless attack with that mace type weapon. The animated scenes worked extremely well but I got the feeling they were put in there because if that origin story was live action the violence would have needed to be trimmed down a bit. The only complaint I have (and it's very minor) is the fact that most of the huge action sequence with the Yakuza was in B&W instead of color. It seemed as if this was done as a compromise in order to keep the amount of carnage present in this scene rather than a styleistic choice on the part of Tarantino. If you remember in the trailer the scene where Uma runs up the stairs railing then leaps swinging her sword was presented in color but in the final version of the film it's not. Overall I loved this movie and I think it solidifies Tarantino as one of the most innovative and talented directors of our time. I can't wait for volume 2 so we can see more of Budd, Elle Driver, and the man himself, Bill. Easily one of the best films of the year. :cool:

James Boba Fettfield
10-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Not since Metallica appeared on Mission Impossible 2's soundtrack have I felt so inclined to buy a soundtrack before, but...then I saw Kill Bill! I think Battle Without Honor or Humanity makes the soundtrack worth it. I thought maybe I just grooved (yes, groove) with the music because of the picture it was being presented with, but I don't believe that's true anymore. I've been playing it on repeat for awhile now, and I think the guys living in the dorm rooms around me may be getting sick of it.

As for the movie...Hellboy, I've read that the thing was made black and white as an homage to old samurai movies, but I've also read it was done as the compromise you spoke of. I'm not sure what the real reason for it is, though.

mrmiller
10-12-2003, 01:42 AM
I too was blown away. I kept hearing good things about this movie, so I had to see it for myself. Usually when a move gets a lot of positive press, my expectations get high and I'm disappointed (thats why I shy away from spoilers too). But this exceded my expectations. I can't even really describe it- just go see it.

The Animated bit was done on pourpose for Cottonmouths back story, but I hear the B/W was done to keep from getting an NC-17 rating without having to cut parts of the scene. For some reason if it's not red blood- it's not blood in the MPAA's eyes. Anyhow, the scene worked for me, as it was like she was in some sore of "zone" or "bezerker rage" while the b/w was shown.

Just a cool flick. I only wish it was released complete, or at least part 2 came out next week instead of in 4 months. The little tease in the ending was cool too.

=MATT=

QLD
10-12-2003, 04:46 AM
I saw it tonight and LOVED it.

I went to Wal-Mart to get the soundtrack, but they didn't have it. I'll have to go to Borders tomorrow to get it.

I can't think of a single bad thing about the movie.

I heard that they added the bleeping of her real name after they decided to release the film in two volumes. It must play a part in the story somewhere. But, they didn't want to re-shoot those scenes, so he bleeped it. Kinda weird, but no real complaints.

BlahBlahBlah
10-12-2003, 10:08 AM
The bleeping was in the original script. Tarantino says something in the script to the effect of "every time her name is said, it's bleeped out... until I want you to know it."

Awesome movie. I can't wait to see it again.

derek
10-12-2003, 03:39 PM
The bleeping was in the original script. Tarantino says something in the script to the effect of "every time her name is said, it's bleeped out... until I want you to know it."

Awesome movie. I can't wait to see it again.

it would be funny if we find out uma's character's name is "hillary".

scruffziller
10-12-2003, 04:12 PM
"I'm watching my soaps!!!!!":D

*scruffziller laughing till he can't breathe*
That bar sequence was gold!!!!!!!!!

Tarantino........you are a god.:zzz:

I am so in agony right now. That I have to wait till Febuary.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I watched it.......I almost bought a ticket for the next showing right after.:crazed:

derek
10-12-2003, 05:41 PM
any news on the DVD release? is it going to be released as one movie or two?

James Boba Fettfield
10-12-2003, 05:53 PM
Quentin Tarantino said when asked about the dvd's:

"I'm thinking about it big time already," he said. "I can't imagine a better movie when it comes to great DVD stuff. I'm gonna really play fair as far as the DVD's concerned, you know? We'll come up with separate DVDs for Volume 1 and Volume 2 and I'll do special stuff for each of those. Then we'll come up with a real big version with them both together but I won't repeat the special stuff I put on Volume 1 and Volume 2. I'll do something whole other from that. I might even do some other little movie thing just to go on that special double feature version."

derek
10-12-2003, 07:11 PM
.............i knew it. he says he wants to "play fair", but then he goes on to admit he's gonna play the double dip game! :frus:

.........and now i hear ther are two versions of the film, the "toned down" american version, and the super bloody japanese version.

i really wish he would just release volume 1 and 2 on DVD as one movie with all the extras he plans for all three releases. :dead:

mrmiller
10-12-2003, 09:12 PM
.............i knew it. he says he wants to "play fair", but then he goes on to admit he's gonna play the double dip game! :frus:

.........and now i hear ther are two versions of the film, the "toned down" american version, and the super bloody japanese version.

i really wish he would just release volume 1 and 2 on DVD as one movie with all the extras he plans for all three releases. :dead:

From what I heard- it was Mirmax that wanted the movie broken up, and the 2 movie and 2 DVD idea was theirs. So he is trying to give us the most possiable for what he has to work with. I don't mind it, but would rather just get one complete DVD rather than 2. Because I'll probably be buying 3 DVD's instead of 2. I think they should do a simple movie only DVD with no extras, and release it maybe a week or 2 before volume 2. Make it like $9.99 new or something, and that way everyone who didn't get to see it, or everyone who wants to refresh their memory, can see it before vol. 2. Then when Vol 2 comes out on DVD do another cheap $9.99 movie only version for DVD, and another deluxe DVD unrated version with both parts and all the trimings.

=MATT=

scruffziller
10-14-2003, 02:38 PM
I heard this movie was originally written for Bruce Lee. He would have played Uma's charachter. Wouldn't it be cool if Bruce was still alive and he was playing Bill instead of Caradine.

BlahBlahBlah
10-14-2003, 07:54 PM
I doubt it. Uma Thurman is the one who presented the idea to QT back in 1993. She was always meant to play the Bride.

derek
10-16-2003, 07:07 AM
i saw this movie yesterday, and thought it was just "OK". if i never see part 2, i won't lose any sleep over it.

i really hated the black and white segments and thought the spurting blood was a dumb idea. i really could of done without the back story on lucy lu's character. it didn't serve the overall story at all.

this film had it's moments, but overall i'd give it a "C".

James Boba Fettfield
10-16-2003, 10:33 AM
But the blood spurting is all about honoring the movies Tarantino was trying to pay homage to.

Hellboy
10-16-2003, 06:03 PM
But the blood spurting is all about honoring the movies Tarantino was trying to pay homage to.

Exactly. It's supposed to be over the top so I guess if you're not a fan of those older style Kung-Fu movies this isn't your cup of tea.

I think O-Ren Ishii's (Lucy Liu's) animated origin story worked very well and added a great deal of depth and purpose to her character. I will agree that the B&W scenes hurt the movie's shock value like I stated in my earlier post but that is the only fault I can find in this extremely original film.

RooJay
10-17-2003, 01:02 AM
I heard this movie was originally written for Bruce Lee. He would have played Uma's charachter. Wouldn't it be cool if Bruce was still alive and he was playing Bill instead of Caradine.

Imagining Bruce Lee pregnant, bloodied, and wearing a wedding dress is quite disturbing to me. :eek: :crazed: ;)

Actually, Tarantino and Uma Thurman conceived the plot for this movie while filming Pulp Fiction. No doubt it was inspired by the concept of the "Fox Force Five" t.v. pilot backstory given to Uma's Pulp Fiction character, Mia Wallace.

scruffziller
10-17-2003, 07:23 AM
Imagining Bruce Lee pregnant, bloodied, and wearing a wedding dress is quite disturbing to me. :eek: :crazed: ;)

Actually, Tarantino and Uma Thurman conceived the plot for this movie while filming Pulp Fiction. No doubt it was inspired by the concept of the "Fox Force Five" t.v. pilot backstory given to Uma's Pulp Fiction character, Mia Wallace.The guy that told me this probably got his facts wrong or something.
A friend told him that he heard it on some special about the making of Kill Bill.
What he probably heard was it was inspired by Bruce Lee movies.
I will have to ask him again. But you got to admit that it is a very Bruce Leeish type movie with the plot format with of course a few detail adjustments,:D Lee being the groom for instance.

James Boba Fettfield
10-17-2003, 07:38 AM
He's probably thinking about Lee because of the yellow suit Uma wears during the whole Ishii thing.

scruffziller
10-17-2003, 07:57 AM
He's probably thinking about Lee because of the yellow suit Uma wears during the whole Ishii thing.
Oh yea, he said that is also why she wears it because of that.

James Boba Fettfield
10-17-2003, 08:06 AM
http://www.hkflix.com/coupons/hkflix_03-10-10/

They got an alright list for some more of those kind of references, scruff.

scruffziller
11-17-2003, 12:52 PM
I picked up the soundtrack and it has a bootleg trailer for the movie as a whole so it shows a few scenes from volume 2 and you get to see David Carradine. He is getting old!!!:eek:

mrmiller
11-18-2003, 02:20 PM
Now I'll have to get the soundtrack. I guess I'll first search the net for the Kill Bill Vol.2 trailer- I'm looking forward to this.

I kinda like the way these serial movies are working out. I was pumped to see the Matrix Revolutions, now that I've seen it I'm ready for ROTK. After that it will be Kill Bill Vol.2. It keeps me looking forward to the next big movie.

=MATT=

Beast
12-29-2003, 12:44 PM
Looks like Volume 2 is being pushed back until April. Seems they want to premiere at the 2004 Cannes. So it requires the delay. Doesn't matter to me, but I figured I'd pass it on to you. :)

Bad news for “Kill Bill” fans. The second instalment mightn’t be here till April now, according to both The Quentin Tarantino Archives and Coming Soon.

“Kill Bill : Volume 2” was originally due for release in February.

This was confirmed by various sources, including Uma Thurman on "The View". The date might not be final but a february release seems unlikely, though, report the sites.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-29-2003, 12:52 PM
I wanted to see this back when i was at school, but by the time i finally got around to it, it was gone. :cry:

I was hoping it would make it to the cheap theater sometime over my holiday break, but it hasn't as of yet. I leave on sunday, so if it doesn't arrive on Friday, i'm gonna have to resort to other measures to see it, sadly. :p

when is the DVD release dave on Vol 1?

scruffziller
12-29-2003, 01:36 PM
Looks like Volume 2 is being pushed back until April. Seems they want to premiere at the 2004 Cannes. So it requires the delay. Doesn't matter to me, but I figured I'd pass it on to you. :)

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
:cry: :dead: :mad: :frus:

Man and as I saw this thread up toward the top I was reminded of how it was only a month and a half away..............:cry:

Beast
12-29-2003, 02:06 PM
JMG, the DVD release is supposed to be Febuary 3rd. But it's not been 100% confirmed as of yet. But I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-09-2004, 09:44 AM
http://www.superherohype.com/punisher/index.php?id=664

"Kill Bill vol 2" has been set back to april 16th; meaning it's up against "the Punisher." I think between the two of them, i think "Kill Bill" is going to get my $$ that weekend. :D

Anyway, i FINALLY got around to seeing it last night and i freakin' LOVED IT. I think every last second i was enthralled by this flick; i couldn't take my eyes off it. All of the fights and gore were incredibly awesome and Uma was great as "The Bride"; I did like how Michael Madsen got his .2 seconds of screentime at the end as well. :p I loved the fight w/ the Crazy 88's and O-Ren gettin her noggin' lobbed off was great too.

I'm just curious who here has the soundtrack as i'm thinking about downlo- err, i mean, uh, buying it and am curious as to how good it is. I just want that song at the end w/ the flute and i'll be content. :D

Hellboy
01-10-2004, 02:02 AM
I've got the album JMG and love it. It has quite a variety of music styles and if you enjoyed Tarantino's other soundtracks you'll probably love this one. At the end of the album there is about 4 or 5 short tracks of Kung-Fu sound-effects and other things that are pretty cool and took me by surprise when I first listened to it. Overall an album thats fun to listen to from beginning to end and I highly recommend it. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Turns out this movie is getting its own line of figures. I thought JJB posted these pis somewhere, but he didn't, so here are some pics of them. enjoy! :D

James Boba Fettfield
01-12-2004, 12:37 AM
Well, those certainly are not NECA's best work.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Ha! I beat JJB to this!! Here are the crappy specs for the Kill Bill Vol 1 DVD in april.

Title: Kill Bill: Volume One
Starring: Uma Thurman
Released: 13th April 2004
SRP: $29.99

Further Details
Mirimax have now provided us with the exclusive first details on Kill Bill: Volume One which is directed by movie legend Quentin Tarantino and stars the lovely Uma Thurman. The disc will indeed arrive on the 13th April as we had originally reported, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $29.99. I'm afraid fans of extra material will be a little disappointed with this first release. Only one extra feature will be included - a behind the scenes program hosted by director and writer Quentin Tarantino. No doubt an all singing, all dancing edition will be arriving in a few months time! Anyway, here are the official disc specs, and we'll bring you the region one artwork as soon as it becomes available to us:

2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation

English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track

English DTS 5.1 Surround Track

French Language Track

Behind the Scenes Program with Quentin Tarantino

English, Spanish Subtitles

I guess the better version (unedited, ect) will be out w/ the box set of both volumes. I guess i won't be buying this one after all in april. :D

Hellboy
01-21-2004, 03:50 PM
I guess the better version (unedited, ect) will be out w/ the box set of both volumes. I guess i won't be buying this one after all in april. :D

I'm with you on this. Even though I love this film I can't justify buying multiple copies of movies anymore. :frus:

Have there been any rumors about an unedited version even being released? I know QT is a big fan of the format and believes in putting everything he can into his special editions so I'd be surprised to see an unedited or Director's Cut version released when vol. 2 hits video because of the time it takes to produce the supplemental material. Being a huge Tarantino fan I was really disappointed in how long it took for his other works to get the treatment they deserved on DVD. Jackie Brown inparticular was on my most wanted list for years before it finally came out so if Kill Bill is released as a 2 disc set I'm betting we get a product similar to the X-Men movie bundle where it's the same discs as the solo releases just in different packaging. I hope I'm wrong though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-07-2004, 02:26 PM
The trailer for Kill Bill Vol 2 is finally up and just a tad over a week from the film's release!!! I guess Quentin had to get off his keister and actually decided to put something together! Way to go Quentin!! :crazed:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/kill_bill/volume_II/trailer/

I think this looks freakin' fantabulastic!!!! Kinda makes me regret that i had to cancel my order for the action figures! hehehehehe enjoy!! cheers!! :D

Jayspawn
04-07-2004, 05:30 PM
I think the figures look great! Its a shame NECA pushed back O-Ren to Series 2. BUT at least theres gonne BE a series 2! I really want a Michael Madsen (Budd) figure.

Hellboy
04-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Man the 16th is going to be a great day at the movies. I'm seriously considering calling in sick that day at work so I have time for a double feature. Now the tough choice what movie do I see first Kill Bill Vol. 2 or The Punisher. :Ponder:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Man the 16th is going to be a great day at the movies. I'm seriously considering calling in sick that day at work so I have time for a double feature. Now the tough choice what movie do I see first Kill Bill Vol. 2 or The Punisher. :Ponder:

Ah, c'mon HB!! Is this even a contest?!?!? You should go see "Kill Bill Vol 2", brutha!!! You need to know how this whole thing wraps up!!! Lemme ask my Hellboy w/ corpse figure....yeah...uh huh...yeah, he said to go see "Kill bill Vol 2", so there you have it!! :crazed:

Hellboy
04-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Well who can argue with that logic? lol Kill Bill it is! :D

darthvyn
04-08-2004, 09:47 AM
yeah, but the corpse only said "awww, man, just let me die again!"*

*translated from the russian

i cannot wait til KBV2. the only problem i'm having is whether to buy the dvd of V1 the tuesday before, or just rent it and hold out for the boxed set...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-08-2004, 12:13 PM
yeah, but the corpse only said "awww, man, just let me die again!"*

*translated from the russian

i cannot wait til KBV2. the only problem i'm having is whether to buy the dvd of V1 the tuesday before, or just rent it and hold out for the boxed set...

Darth- my guess would be just to rent it and wait for the box set. The DVD coming out on Tuesday really doesn't much on it and QT has stated he's saving a lot for a box set. So, save your money. However, if you still have the need to buy stuff, you can always send me a check and i'll waste some $$ for ya. :crazed:

darthvyn
04-08-2004, 09:06 PM
that's probably what i'll do... gotta save my $$ for more hellboy figures and transformers alternators, of course!

Jayspawn
04-09-2004, 12:16 AM
I'm gonna buy the DVD then ditch it when the inevidible boxed set comes out.

Hellboy
04-09-2004, 03:05 PM
I figure I'll watch this film at least 2 or 3 times on DVD before a boxed set is released so that alone justifies a purchase in my book. I hate buying multiple DVD's but I'm willing to make an exception for this one and ditch it later too.

James Boba Fettfield
04-16-2004, 04:09 PM
KB2 was a fitting end to the film. the film wasn't as action packed as the first, though. Not much more to say right now, but anyone else love the "eye scene?" You'll know it when you see it, reminded me of the ear scene from Reservoir Dogs.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Pai Mei was definately my fav character. Everyone was cracking up every time he stroked his beard. BTW, if you stay through the credits, they show a brief outtake. I think it was from the eye scene. It's really short.

James Boba Fettfield
04-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah, a short little thing it was, but those credits were actually fun to sit through.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-16-2004, 10:29 PM
This movie was beyond awesome. I want to grow my beard out to be like Pai Mei. I really liked how they did a lot of that typical kung-fu zoom in style when they showed the training. Awesome film. I'll have to check out the outtake when i see it again this weekend. Cheers! :D

Turbowars
04-16-2004, 11:24 PM
So I heard on the radio today that V2 is great and is nothing like V1. That is a good thing. I love Uma's character (In a weird way She's hot) but the movie got a bit boring with the lengthy fighting sessions. Got to love her kick *** truck! Im seeing it tomorrow so we shall see is the crazy director removed the foot from his behind.:D

Hellboy
04-18-2004, 04:35 AM
Saw Vol. 2 this evening and felt very satisfied with the conclusion. It really is quite different in tone from Vol. 1 and has more of a Western influence. The only chapter that had the Asian/Kung-Fu feel like Vol. 1 was "The Cruel Tutelage of Pai Mei". Its great how the lessons she learns in this flashback scene are applied to her predicament.

I do miss the wild comic book feel of the first film a bit but I like how both volumes compliment each other so well. Vol. 2 gives you so much more depth into these great characters that you almost start to feel sympathetic for some of the villains. I suppose it was necessary to divide the film into 2 movies due to the running time but I know I'll always watch these as one once Vol. 2 is out on DVD. The complete film is really just a masterful piece of work and I can't wait to see it again.

James Boba Fettfield
04-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Was anyone else surprised with the Sid Haig and Sam Jackson appearances? I had no idea either star would be making an appearance in the film.

I also saw a guy in the strip bar scene wearing a Ride The Lightning shirt. Yeah, that was cool...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-18-2004, 11:39 PM
Was anyone else surprised with the Sid Haig and Sam Jackson appearances? I had no idea either star would be making an appearance in the film.

I also saw a guy in the strip bar scene wearing a Ride The Lightning shirt. Yeah, that was cool...

Yeah, i SWORE up and down that was Captain Spaulding, but he looked MUCH older in this flick. Maybe all that creepy makeup and whatnot gave me a different perception of what he would look like without it. But yeah, i caught him.

As for Sam, i wasn't sure at first, but once he spoke a bit more, it became obvious. I like how Tarantino shot him: from the back and from far away so the audience never got a clear shot of what the character looked like. Personally, i was hoping for the following dialogue:
Sam: "Check out my organ"
Bride: "Which one is it?"
Sam: "The one that says bad mother------ on it"

I was hoping he'd drop at least one MF on us for old times sake, but I can understand why he didn't. :crazed:

I also read that it was Tarantino who did the voice for Pai Mei. I hadn't heard that before, but I plan on checking the flick out a few more times, so i'll keep my ears tuned for it. cheers! :D

2-1B
04-19-2004, 01:38 AM
I finally saw Volume 1 and overall I really enjoyed it.

HOWEVER, I thought the animated stuff was terrible, just horrible. It really turned me off to the film but I was able to get back into it afterward. Bad, bad, bad.
That's basically the only thing I didn't like about it.

As far as it being "the 4th film by Quentin T" . . . I don't know if it's just that he's rusty since it's been so long . . . but I have to DEFINITELY rank this film as a distant 4th on his list below Jackie Brown (his best), Pulp Fiction, and then Reservoir Dogs.

RooJay
04-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Vol. 2 gives you so much more depth into these great characters that you almost start to feel sympathetic for some of the villains.

Boy Howdy! I actually wanted to feel sorry for Budd. It really seemed like he had tried very hard to change his lifestyle. What with his crappy job, the fact that he didn't just kill his boss for being such a dillweed, and even going so far as lying to his brother about having hocked his Hattori Hanzo as an excuse not to have to kill Uma. I even felt bad for him when he realized that she was coming for him anyway, and that she probably deserved it as well for the things she'd done in the past (for all the hell she'd been through it was too easy to look past the fact that she was a killer and a badguy once also). In fact, Vol. 2 has made me far more interested in seeing the back story of the rest of these characters. I even felt sorry for Bill himself at one point. It seemed like he really was just really broken hearted - he really did seem to love his Kiddo a great deal; even if he did overeact! ;)
I'd love to see a prequel of some sort (whether animated as Q has mentioned or otherwise) giving us more insight into the lives of especially Budd, Bill, Pai Mei, O-Ren, and Elle. It might even be great to see Beatrix in action as a baddie; although that might only undermine what this film has built up around her character.

Jayspawn
04-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Went and saw Volume 2 on Friday (opening) night. Loved it! Different from Volume 1, yes -but a great watch. I was really looking forward to seeing Budd and a fight scene between him and the Bride (of course did not happen)

Jayspawn
04-19-2004, 01:17 PM
.....but Budd anyway is one of those characters you like and hate. Then Elle Driver killing him the way she did was really mean and underhanded -then she goes and lies to Bill right after that! Elle was one of those characters you're glad that dies (c'mon you know she does). I liked Bill alot though I'm not at all familiar with David Carridine or his acting. I liked all those mini-monologues he had. I liked the ending -it was one we all wanted. Pei Mei was cool!

Favorite Part: When the film opens and the Deadly Vipers show up at the chapel! Great! Now I want a action figure 4-pack of the Deadly Vipers!

James Boba Fettfield
04-19-2004, 02:29 PM
I'm not at all familiar with David Carridine or his acting.

You've never watched the old Kung Fu tv show?

Hellboy
04-19-2004, 03:07 PM

The cameos were great. A friend tipped me to Sam's appearance but Sid was a pleasant surprise. :cool:

Roojay- I love the idea of a prequel, especially if we got to see Beatrix as part of the Viper Gang. QT also stated that in about 10 yrs. it would be cool to continue the story with a third installment. The story would follow Vernita Green's daughter as she seeks revenge for her mother's demise at the hands of Beatrix. I'd be down for either idea, or better yet both.

Did anyone catch that the daughter's name was BB? I'm assuming this is a nod to her parents Bill and Beatrix.

scruffziller
04-19-2004, 03:41 PM
It was cool flick but I yearned for more of what I loved about Vol. 1 and that was the martial arts action. It was great to see what little of it what we saw but hoped for much more. Oh well. If they do make a third installment with Vernita Green's daughter returning for revenge, it would be cool to have Elle return since we caught that question mark written in blood over her name.;)
And what's more because it would be fitting that she returned a refined warrior since she is without both eyes and we have seen before in martial arts cinema and anime that there are blind samurai who actually fight better because their "eyes decieve them" "ala Obi Wan Kenobi to Luke in ANH(since the word JEDI is derived from a word meaning samurai)" I was assuming that the black mamba snake would eventually got her in the trailer but I realize that she let her live to be a worse punishment than death (ala Karate Kid Part 2).:D

RooJay
04-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Hey, was it just me or did Darryl Hannah look totally hot in this movie? :kiss: It's odd, I'd never cared much for her before. Must've been the eyepatch! :Pirate:

Brainiak76
04-20-2004, 03:32 AM
haha..elle was mean, crazy, sexy and a badass all at the same time!! I was busting up when the bride asks her then she replies etc etc then i remem when bill explains to uma bout pai mei and he says he would rip her eye ball out..etc etc HILARIOUS!! And also i was bustin up when elle explains how she killed pai mei..."i poisioned your fish heads"..i was dying lol

i dunno i hope its not over yet and i hope that it doesnt take ten years to make another one!!

Jayspawn
04-20-2004, 08:58 AM
SO who all has bought the Kill Bill figures???

I bought the 88 w/ the beard and The Bride. Unknowingly, I bought The Bride w/ the snow base when I prefered the House of Blue Leaves base. But its all good anyways. I'm very pleased with both figures. I'm holding off on Go-Go for now -something about her hair doesnt look right. I'll probably get one and customize her.

Jayspawn
04-20-2004, 09:25 AM
Over at figures.com, NECA has announced that Elle Driver and BILL will be amoung Series 2 iof action figures. Of course we can also assume that O-Ren will be among Series 2 as well. They said that the line would include about 5 figures. I hope Budd aka Sidewinder is among them.

Reefer Shark
04-20-2004, 01:47 PM
I've only found Go Go so far. I'm very pleased with the figure, great likeness!!

I would buy them all if I could find them......

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-20-2004, 02:23 PM
I have all my own pre-ordered from killertoys.com and was expecting them in June, but i guess that hunk of $$ will be charged to me sooner as the figures are popping up.

I do have the snow base figure on hold for me at a suncoast as I would like that variant.

Jayspawn- did you open your snow base Bride? If not, let me know and if for some reason i can't get the one i have on hold, i'll take yours off your hands if you don't want it. :D

I can't wait for a series two!! :D

James Boba Fettfield
04-20-2004, 02:48 PM
You guys should start up a Kill Bill thread in Collecting Other. My moderator status forces me to say this. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-20-2004, 08:48 PM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=1710&Template=newsfull

Here are some pics from the Japanese version of KB Vol 1, more gore and blood in full color. Also, is a small blurb about select theaters get a re-release of both Japanese versions. Should be interesting!! :D

James Boba Fettfield
04-21-2004, 12:58 PM
I read this at the digital bits today, and I just had to share it.

Finally this morning, I've saved the best (or worst) for last. The NY Times has a new story up on how the Hollywood studios are rushing to cash in on the DVD boom. Here's your happy, happy, joy, joy from the article... Miramax is reportedly preparing to release a half-dozen different DVD editions of Kill Bill:

"This is the beauty of having two volumes," said Rick Sands, chief operating officer at Miramax. "Vol. 1 goes out, Vol. 2 goes out, then Vol. 1 Special Edition, Vol. 2 Special Edition, the two-pack, then the Tarantino collection as a boxed set out for Christmas. It's called multiple bites at the apple. And you multiply this internationally." Mr. Tarantino has also cut an alternate version of the movie for Japan.

I'm gonna ask the obvious right now: Can you believe the BALLS required to make a statement like that in public? To a reporter? For a story that people are going to READ?! Do you suppose Miramax planned to let fans of the film know about all this, so they could... oh, I don't know... maybe make informed decisions about which version they want to spend their hard-earned cash on? I can understand the need to put out multiple DVD versions of a film on occasion, but DAMN! A half-dozen different DVD editions, and Tarantino wants to release stand-alone Beneath the Crust-style discs of supplemental materials as well?! F#@K THAT.

Multiple bites at the apple, huh?

BITE THIS!

And to think the entertainment industry has the nerve to wonder why some people download this stuff. Greedy ********. Doh!

Bill Hunt, you funny, funny guy.

JON9000
04-21-2004, 01:59 PM
I've only once bought the same movie twice, and that is because I got the first lame version as a gift. Sixteen Candles without the original music or 5.1. Blasphemy.

But there are kids out there that have every friggin version of T2 ever released because that James Cameron's commentary or extra 10 seconds of footage is oh-so-interesting. And as long as those kiddies continue to allow the industry to wax them, so too will the industry happily do so.

Sixteen Candles was the one time. I now refuse to buy lousy versions of movies (read: no 5.1) that studios release because I know one day the good mix is coming (Octo*****). I bought Kill Bill because I know I have no desire to see it with a full commentary, and who needs extra scenes for something they deliberately included just about every inch of film in so they could split it in two?

You vote with your wallet! :greedy: :evil:

Jayspawn
04-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Sorry, this turned into a Kill Bill EVERYTHING forum. :D

I've been listening to the Vol. 2 soundtrack a lot. Good CD. I fancy the Vol. 1 soundtrack more. But has some good tunes on Vol.2.

Jayspawn
05-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Figures.com just posted a pic of the upcoming Exclusive Quinten Tarantino as Crazy 88s Director -loooks awesome! Gotta have one!

Turbowars
05-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Figures.com just posted a pic of the upcoming Exclusive Quinten Tarantino as Crazy 88s Director -loooks awesome! Gotta have one!Dude that is really cool, I got to get him. Now I'll be scrambling to get about 3 exclusives from the Con.

Here's the link to Quinten as an 88 http://www.figures.com/databases/news/actionfigures/155/164.jpg

Jayspawn
05-06-2004, 10:47 AM
I'll probably pass on the Vol 2 DVD and hold out fore the completed firlm together w/ extras. I really want to see the Chapter "Yuki's Revenge" where the DiVAs beat the crap out of The Bride. I also want that scene where Bill fights the guy on the street.

RooJay
05-10-2004, 08:41 PM
I'll probably pass on the Vol 2 DVD and hold out fore the completed firlm together w/ extras. I really want to see the Chapter "Yuki's Revenge" where the DiVAs beat the crap out of The Bride. I also want that scene where Bill fights the guy on the street.

Okay, I'll bite - who is Yuki, who are the "DiVAs", and what scene where Bill fights which guy on what street?! :confused: Where's all this come from?

JediTricks
05-12-2004, 08:07 PM
DiVAS are the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, you know, the stars of the film?

Yuki was GoGo's identical twin sister who was to have tracked down the Bride trying to avenge her sister's death, only to be herself killed.

I dunno about this thing with Bill on the street.

James Boba Fettfield
05-12-2004, 08:25 PM
I think he's talking about the cut scene involving Bill and Michael Jai White's character.

RooJay
05-12-2004, 08:26 PM
DiVAS are the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, you know, the stars of the film?

Yeah, that much I know, but I'm still wondering where this concept of referring to them as "DiVAS" comes from. I mean, Budd was one of the group as well, and it seems pretty weird that he'd be called a diva. Plus, I don't recall ever having heard them referred to in that manner.

Yuki was GoGo's identical twin sister who was to have tracked down the Bride trying to avenge her sister's death, only to be herself killed.

Interesting, but again - where does this information come from?

James Boba Fettfield
05-12-2004, 08:35 PM
I would guess the Yuki stuff could be found in the script. I don't know if the scenes for it were ever filmed or not.

The Michael Jai White thing with Bill was filmed, but the scene was cut. Some of the footage was used in trailers.

EDIT

http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/images/killbill/killbill_lg_20.jpg
http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/images/killbill/killbill_lg_18.jpg
http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/images/killbill/killbill_lg_16.jpg
http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/images/killbill/killbill_lg_15.jpg
http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/images/killbill/killbill_lg_06.jpg
http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/images/killbill/killbill_lg_05.jpg
http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/images/killbill/killbill_lg_04.jpg
http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/images/killbill/killbill_lg_01.jpg

There's some pictures from the street fight, Roojay.

Jayspawn
08-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Alright, who here besides me went out this morning and scored Kill Bill Volume 2 on DVD?????

The best buy for the movie of course is Best Buy, only $15.99 plus a FREE DVD case for both your Volume 1 & 2 DVDS!!! Get them while you can!

Anyhoo, to celebrate the DVD release I'm launching an Official SSG Kill Bill Thread for all things Kill Bill related.

Post and enjoy!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-10-2004, 07:10 PM
sorry Jayspawn, JBFF beat you to it months ago.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=21575&highlight=Kill+Bill

Mods, toss this in the other thread, thanks!

as for me, i'm not getting it nor vol 1. There are going to be about 4-6 different versions of teh films coming out in the next year or so. I'll take a pic from those :D

Jayspawn
08-11-2004, 12:01 AM
So what does evewrybody think of the new Kill Bill Volume 2 DVD???

I think its awesome! Not spactacular, but great none the less. I really like the Michael Jai White scene. The Vol 2 Making Of was very nice too. Nice interviews.

Jayspawn
08-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Looks like NECA is going to grace us with an 18" Bride figure with motion activated sound. Apparently its gonna be Uma in her yellow jumpsuit and Hanzo sword. The release is November sometime.

NECA also has resin statue of The Bride in the works for the fall. The statue has Uma in her yellow jumpsuit (again) on a snowbase. The figure's sword is going to be real metal. The retail is gonne be around $150. Personally I'd like to have a statue of Pei-Mai.

Reefer Shark
08-13-2004, 10:19 AM
Hey Jayspawn,
I bought KB vol2 at Target on release day for $15.99 also. I haven't had a chance to put it on yet though... My fiance and I are planning a Kill Bill night, we're gonna watch 'em both.

They have pics of the upcoming 18" Bride at another website, but I forget which one (at work now, don't have my favorites). I'll post a link later if you like. They have pics of the packaging too.

Looks to be the exact same thing as the 7" version. I'll still buy one though. She'll look great up on my shelf with my 18" Bruce Lee (in his yellow jumpsiut).

Jayspawn
08-24-2004, 10:04 PM
My ComiCon Exclusive Tarantino as a Crazy 88 arrived in the mail today. Won him off Ebay for only $15!!! As soon as opened the shipping box the temptation was too great! I opened him on up and what a figure he is! The removable mask is awesome! The whole figure is just cool.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Saw this at usatoday.com

USA Today talked to Quentin Tarantino about the success of Hero in theaters. The film was billed as "presented by Quentin Tarantino" and took the top spot with an impressive $18 million this weekend.

Tarantino also talked about the strong sales of Kill Bill Vol. 2 on DVD, which was released on August 10th and has remained at the top since while reinvigorating sales of Kill Bill Vol. 1.

The sales bode well for Tarantino's dream to bring a full-length Kill Bill to theaters. A film that combines the separate movies could happen as soon as early next year.

"It's not just like slapping the two together," he says. "There are slight changes, and it has an intermission, like a '60s movie."

Tarantino adds that a subsequent ultimate Kill Bill DVD would have a new collection of extras. "It won't make these two (current DVDs) obsolete. We have put everything we could on volumes 1 and 2, but I have all this cool stuff we have from over the course of a year and a half making (the films)."

Im' still curious about this "ultimate Kill Bill" DVD set. i guess we'll hafta wait! cheers! :D

Jayspawn
08-31-2004, 11:36 PM
Thats good to hear. Quinten is pretty good to his fans. I cant wait to see what a full length Kill Bill would have. All the deleted scenes back in would be nice -or a great extra feature.

Jayspawn
06-27-2007, 04:48 PM
YES! This thread has been revived!

In recent news it looks like Kill Bill will be getting special treatment in Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair on DVD in November! Here's the basic details...

Rated NC-17
4 discs
247 minuets (the film)

This is awesome news! I know Tarantino cut a lot of scenes out of both volumes -so this should be a treat. Expected is an uncut Crazy 88 swordfight.

Hellboy
06-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Expected is an uncut Crazy 88 swordfight.

I read this a few days ago too and it has me pretty excited. Hopefully that sword fight will be in color like we saw in the trailers.

DarthQuack
06-27-2007, 05:02 PM
I love NC-17. Glad I held off on buying these.

LusiferSam
06-27-2007, 05:18 PM
@$%*! I bought Vol.1 and 2 in January. Had I known we were going to get SE version I might have held off. @$%* you, Tarantino you crazy medieval [censored], @$%* you.

UKWildcat
06-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Hopefully that sword fight will be in color like we saw in the trailers.

My brother has the Japanese Region 2 DVD gift set of Kill Bill Vol. 1, and Vol. 2 for that matter, and it has the sword fight in color. Needless to say, it is f'ing awesome!!! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
06-27-2007, 09:04 PM
I love Kill Bill...it is one of my favorite films (I say "it" rather than "them" bc I prefer Vol. 1).

I purchased Vol. 1 on dvd about a year and a half ago, but it was on sale for $10 so going and buying this new copy will not hurt me much. Looking forward to it.

Hellboy
06-27-2007, 09:07 PM
My brother has the Japanese Region 2 DVD gift set of Kill Bill Vol. 1, and Vol. 2 for that matter, and it has the sword fight in color. Needless to say, it is f'ing awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Thats great news. :pleased:

Its funny looking back to the first page of this thread (which was :eek: 4 years ago, man time does fly) I brought up this very issue but was never really 100% certain that the color was removed for rating reasons. Glad to know Tarantino's vision was to have it in color all along because I've always thought it would play better that way.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Yay! Glad I didn't buy the regular releases!! All we need now is to get GRINDHOUSE on DVD (both films in order, with previews) and i'll be content. :thumbsup:

Hellboy
06-29-2007, 10:43 PM
I thought you guys might like this news. Looks like Kill Bill Volumes 3 & 4 may become a reality. :razz:

Source: Bloody-Disgusting.com (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/9221)

The plots of KILL BILL 3 and 4 have been shaped and there is a chance director Quentin Tarantino will return to China to shoot them, an executive producer of the first two films said on Friday, according to CRI English.

Bennett Walsh said at the Shanghai International Film Festival the third film involves the revenge of two killers whose arms and eyes were hacked by Uma Thurman in the first stories.

The fourth instalment of the popular kung fu action films concerns a cycle of reprisals and daughters who avenge their mother's deaths, Hangzhou-based newspaper City Express quoted Bennett as saying.

When asked which Chinese director he wants to cooperate with, Walsh said he would most like to work with Jiang Wen, director of Xun Qiang, or "Missing Gun".

"I also want to collaborate with younger directors. I believe there are many outstanding young directors in China who have not been brought into the light," Walsh said.

DroidDroppings
06-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Hey, I have an idea. What if Quentin Tarintino directed a Star Wars episode. What the heck would that be like. Or did someone already mention that?

jjreason
06-30-2007, 07:41 AM
It would likely be too much for George's aging heart - I don't think he could handle his characters spouting such snappy dialogue. "What the f*** do I look like to you? Dead Jedi Storage??? Is there a f***ing Dead Jedi Storage sign hanging up in front of my house????" :D

I'm happy to hear that I'll be able to get one Kill Bill DVD with the whole story - I've held off on buying them so far as well (though I really can't say why - I intended to buy them along ago).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-30-2007, 04:18 PM
It would likely be too much for George's aging heart - I don't think he could handle his characters spouting such snappy dialogue. "What the f*** do I look like to you? Dead Jedi Storage??? Is there a f***ing Dead Jedi Storage sign hanging up in front of my house????" :D

Oh, man that made me LOL to the max. Might have to do an avatar/profile sig for that one. Awesome! :thumbsup: