PDA

View Full Version : A funny eBay experience

DarthChuckMc
10-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Ok..
Here we go....Yes..I currently have some A-wing Fighters on eBay....
I didn't offer them for sale here first like I usually do, but I haven't seen anyone expressing intrest in them lately.

So...I'm selling them for $22 (actual cost with tax), or $25 BIN (which covers my listing fees).

In the desciption I mentioned that these are TARGET Exclusives...that they were bought at TARGET.

I come home today with this message in my "In Box"

**edited for bad language**
--------------------------------------------------

To: darthchuckmc@msn.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 9:21 PM
Subject: Question for seller -- Item #3148980249

DIP S***. WHY DONT U WRITE IN THE DAMN DESCRIPTION THAT YOU GET THE ITEM FROM TARGET!!! DID U ANNOUNCE ENOUGHT SO PPL CAN GO BUY THERE INSTEAD OF BUY ON EBAY!???
--------------------

Question from: colorgearf
Title of item: Star Wars Saga A-Wing Fighter MIB
Seller: dixons76
Starts: Oct-07-03 22:16:00 PDT
Ends: Oct-14-03 22:16:00 PDT
Price: Starts at $22.00
To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3148980249

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com

-------------------------------------------------------
Here is my response to this cheery fellow.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
Thanks for the tip. It's common f***ing knowledge that these are Target exclusives, but guess what..

NOT EVERY CITY OR STATE HAS A TARGET.

I'm selling them for cost plus a few $$ to cover listing fees. Unlike most people on eBay selling Star Wars toys, I sell them to help fellow collectors out, not price gouge like every a**hole scalper on there.

If you want one, bid on it, but don't email me giving me s*** because I tell people where they can find them.

Next time mind your own f***ing business d***weed.

--------------------------------------------------------

Was I wrong? I could have ignored him, or reported him to eBay for sending harassing emails, but there's no fun in that.

Comments, thoughts...anyone?

Exhaust Port
10-10-2003, 06:45 PM
You weren't wrong, you were funny. :D I like your response. What an idiot that guy is. Let him know next time he's on eBay to bid on a spell checker. ;)

bobafrett
10-11-2003, 04:12 AM
I've thought about e-mailing some of the idiots who sell stuff on eBay, especially when they are selling Star Trek items with a picture and/or a description of something Star Trek, under the Star Wars name. But I worry about having my account terminated by eBay for poor language.

2-1B
10-11-2003, 04:32 AM
why did you have to self-censor dillweed? :confused:

j/k :D

You were much friendlier to that guy than I would have been. :)

mrmiller
10-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Classic

:cool:

:)

=MATT=

scruffziller
10-12-2003, 12:04 PM
Classic

:cool:

:)

=MATT=
Ditto.:D :D :D :D

Kidhuman
10-12-2003, 12:40 PM
Too funny Chuck. Too funny.

InsaneJediGirl
10-31-2003, 09:32 PM
DIP S***. WHY DONT U WRITE IN THE DAMN DESCRIPTION THAT YOU GET THE ITEM FROM TARGET!!! DID U ANNOUNCE ENOUGHT SO PPL CAN GO BUY THERE INSTEAD OF BUY ON EBAY!???

Sounds like another ten year old got to use eBay again.Too funny Chuck,thanks for sharing :)

Turbowars
11-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Yeah Chuck you were to nice.:p