PDA

View Full Version : new Stormtrooper - Fan Club exclusive!

oldfossil
11-28-2001, 04:27 PM
collectstarwars.com has just posted the news that the Fan Club will be offering an exclusive Stormtrooper figure in the second quarter of next year, to be packaged in a white box like other past exclusives.

Great news! I wonder, though, how they will be able to improve upon the CommTech trooper. I hope they order enough to meet what will surely be a MASSIVE demand from us army-builders!

Maybe they would have done better to offer a Snowtrooper resculpt (much needed, IMO).

JEDIpartner
11-28-2001, 04:45 PM
TOO COOL!!! This is a great Christmas present in itself!!!

Dark Knight
11-28-2001, 05:30 PM
This is great news:D :D . This is a great christmas present!!!!!!

:evil: :D :evil:

Jargo
11-28-2001, 07:14 PM
hate to put a damper on things but what if this is an episode two preview figure. The characters of the new film's title are refered to by some at LFL as stormtroopers not clonetroopers. just a quick thought.

of course if it's a stormtrooper stormtrooper, then they could have done rebel fleet trooper type knees so he can actually get different poses to the commtech version. same body as the commtech one with new knees? hope so. :D

LTBasker
11-28-2001, 11:30 PM
The only way they could improve on the CTC Trooper is if this was the figure:
Sculpt: Done by Real Scan
Articulation: Wrists, elbows (hinge joint), between the elbow and shoulders (swivel joint), shoulders, chest, waist, neck, feet, knees, and legs.
Accessories: 1 regular Stormtrooper blaster rifle, and 1 Stormtrooper blaster rifle with the stock folded out
Other Features: a good soft plastic holster for the regular blaster (so it won't interupt while the stormtrooper is sitting) and a removeable grenade.

Ok, so it probably wouldn't happen, but it being a Fan Club exclusive might help.

hamsterboy
11-29-2001, 03:04 AM
Why do we need another Stormtrooper? If they improve on it fine.

GNT
11-29-2001, 03:54 AM
Great news :) it'll probably be the same as the Commtech chip version with an imperial blaster :)

Rollo Tomassi
11-29-2001, 09:44 AM
Haven't you all been clamoring for more stormtroopers for the past year now? Hello! Reissue the Commtech! Hello! Bucket of Stormtroopers! Hello! So now Hasbro is listening to your wishes and saying "Boy. The fans are really wanting a new stormtrooper...We should give it to them..."

AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING?!?!? nyahhh. I only want one if it has more shoulder articulation. nyahhh. I only want one with holster action. nyaah.:cry: :cry: :cry:

You only want what you can't have....

Does anybody thank Hasbro for releasing tons of cool figures and ships this year? Hey, nice B-Wing hasbro. Or great job on the TIE Interceptor. Or Wow! That's a stunning likeness of Shmi! Or Two fan choice figures! great!

Nope.

It's I want an Imperial Shuttle and Where's my Yarna D'al Gargan figure and We don't need another Stormtrooper.

Fine.

Whatever.

I hereby forbid you complainers from getting the new exclusive when it comes out. I'll just take your share:happy:

LTBasker
11-29-2001, 10:01 AM
Yeah great job on the Shmi, sent it out in bulk to some places with major scalpers and the rest in smaller quanities in stores that are still loaded up from the attack of Mechanic Chewie wave from all the waves they got with those figures in them therefore taking up the room on the pegs by non-selling items and then releasing new items over and over and over without any actual plan and just shipping out what they can when they can but shipping so many of the same figures that the later waves become almost non-existant due to lack of orders from the stores thanks to dominuitive Leia, Mr. fix-it-Chewie and antenna-less Aurra. :D

All we want is a really good stormtrooper figure that's got alot of play/pose ability and has the right accessories. Not something like normal figures with very-limited poses and with an accessory (ies) only a Bounty Hunter could love. :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
11-29-2001, 11:56 AM
I can tell you, for one, that I am not gonna throw any poopy poo at the new Stormtrooper unless it is totally hideous! I'm sure that with the CT Stormie and the new Sandtrooper, we can only expect something with as much of an accurate sculpt! I brought out my POTF2 Stormie and Sandtrooper the other night and had a good laugh at their expense! I showed my friend the current ones and those POTF2 ones and he couldn't believe what a difference a couple years has made!

He remembers the vintage ones and thought that the vintage ones were better than the POTF2 ones. If they just re-release the CT Stormie with a blaster, I will still be thrilled!!!

bigbarada
11-29-2001, 01:21 PM
Are we sure this is actually an OT Stormtrooper not an Ep2 Clonetrooper? I think the clonetroopers are refered to as stormtroopers in Ep2, not sure but that's what I heard.

BTW, Rollo, who wizzed in your Cheerios this morning?:p :D

Mandalorian Candidat
11-29-2001, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Haven't you all been clamoring for more stormtroopers for the past year now? Hello! Reissue the Commtech! Hello! Bucket of Stormtroopers! Hello! So now Hasbro is listening to your wishes and saying "Boy. The fans are really wanting a new stormtrooper...We should give it to them..."

A new affordable ST or another CTC ST, yes! Expensive exclusives, no! These exclusives are marketed toward the carded collectors who won't ever open their stuff. It would really be nice to get ahold of something that is relatively cheap so you mind getting several to make a diorama or have a larger army than just one. I could care less if Hasbro decides to make another version of the figure. It would just be nice to get something at a reasonable price.

Jargo
11-29-2001, 02:25 PM
Rollo's just *****in' cuz he aint got no exclusive action goin' down. :D :cool: thinks folk like me in the sticks shouldn't get no exclusives cuz he don't, man.

i managed to aquire twenty eight CT stormtroopers and mighty fine they all are. I'm chuffed that there's going to be a new one, clonetrooper or just original vanilla stormtrooper. far as I'm concerned the main human characters can go hang as long as the aliens droids and troopers are released in large numbers. And I'm gonna annoy Rollo by getting hold of the exclusive before him ;) :p :D :stupid: :crazed:

AmanaMatt
11-29-2001, 02:37 PM
if this is to be a Stormtrooper stormtrooper, great! I agree with almost everything LTBasker posted above.

Might as well make it deluxe-style and give us a little on the extra side - I do want a functional holster.

The only real problem with the Commtech Stormie was the articualtion; there was a ton, but it was lacking in some very vital points: wrists and better shoulder and elbow articulation

JEDIpartner
11-29-2001, 03:48 PM
The reason I am thinking this is because...

The clonetrooper will be a new character, for which there will be market appeal. The stormtrooper, on the other hand, has been circulating for some time in various sculpts. As far as I can see, Hasbro has (I'm sure in their eyes) corrected the errors made during the POTF2 sculpts. The Sandtrooper and CT Stormtrooper are, by far, the most accurate representations of the character. Rather than to put it out to the public, who wouldn't care about the stormtrooper re-issue, they make it a FC exclusive for those of us who know where to look for such a collector's prize. That's IMHO, but who knows... we'll have to see how this plays out. :o

bigbarada
11-29-2001, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
The reason I am thinking this is because...

The clonetrooper will be a new character, for which there will be market appeal. The stormtrooper, on the other hand, has been circulating for some time in various sculpts. As far as I can see, Hasbro has (I'm sure in their eyes) corrected the errors made during the POTF2 sculpts. The Sandtrooper and CT Stormtrooper are, by far, the most accurate representations of the character. Rather than to put it out to the public, who wouldn't care about the stormtrooper re-issue, they make it a FC exclusive for those of us who know where to look for such a collector's prize. That's IMHO, but who knows... we'll have to see how this plays out. :o

Okay, another possibility, what if it's the variant color shoulder pauldron Sandtrooper Hasbro has been talking about? If it is I hope it's orange, just more colorful and interesting to look at.

I too hope it is an OT Stormtrooper, maybe in a slightly different pose than the COMMTECH version, to add variety to my Stormtrooper displays.

Starfig873
11-29-2001, 09:40 PM
I say bring it on. The Fan Club exclusives have always been a new and original character. I doubt now will be any different. Classic or Episode II, it doesn't matter. Hasbro will do a fine job on this figure, as it has done on exclusives past. They've matured a bit as a company I think. Just a bit ;)

GNT
11-30-2001, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Amanamatt
The only real problem with the Commtech Stormie was the articualtion; there was a ton, but it was lacking in some very vital points: wrists and better shoulder and elbow articulation

You cant expect Hasbro to do everything you know :)

AmanaMatt
11-30-2001, 05:33 AM
well, according to collectstarwars.com, we're getting a 2 pack!

That's gonna be a $15 price, minimum.

LTBasker
11-30-2001, 06:17 AM
A 2-pack eh? Maybe it will be both Clonetrooper and Stormtrooper! Although if it's that then I bet all hopes of good articulation and such will go right out the window. I guess they're going to be make it like a MOTDS 2-pack kind of thing.

sith_killer_99
11-30-2001, 07:33 AM
Has ANYONE actually gone over to collectstarwars.com and read the article?

It is a 2-pack in a white mailer box, and will be similar to the CT Stormie with a blaster instead of a rifle! It is being released to give people a chance to get some Stormies for dioramas. It is being called "Stormtrooper Troop Builder Set"

Hence:

This is not going to be an EXPENSIVE MOMC COLLECTORS ONLY Fan Club exclusive. More likely a "lets build a cool Stormtrooper Army now that these are available en mass at 2 for 1!!!!

Also the chances of this being a "Clonetrooper" instead of an actual "Stormtrooper" are pretty slim. Especially since LFL has BANNED any early info on the EP2 figs. Including Pre-sells!

Personally I like the idea. Stormie 2-packs BRAVO Hasbro. And it's nice to see the return of plain white mailer boxes.

JediMaster
11-30-2001, 07:50 AM
I know I am. Though I amassed a sizeable army of the CommTech version (limited only by posability and weaponry), and dozens of the standard POTF2 version (close to 100, I think...), I'm looking forward to this two-pack. Glad to hear that they'll be armed appropriately this time with standard issue E-11 blasters. My only hope is that they've improved the sculpt somewhat, as well as the articulation. If not, I'll have gotten all excited for nothing... (ARE YOU LISTENING, WOTC & HASBRO?!?!?)

Jargo
11-30-2001, 08:17 AM
I think the telling remark is that this will be 'similar' to the Commtech stormtrooper. This in my eyes means less articulation. less articulation means cheaper to produce means more can be produced and sold more cheaply. I'm okay with that as it means everyone will finally get a chance to grab a load and build an army. But doesn't it feel a little unimaginative to you? collectstarwars was gushing about how innovative this is on the part of hasbro...... well excuse me but this white mailer thing is not innovative as Kenner did it with the vintage line. Using a used stormtrooper mold is innovative how? Putting two in a box instead of one is innovative how? Sheesh those guys have such low expectations.

This is an answer to the calls for army builders and a very simple and effective money spinner. how many bets they cost the same as carded figures? and if the articulation has been removed then that sucks. I really hope they left the articulation intact and we really are getting a good deal with this. So I'm not damning this at all but erring on cautions side in my silly cynical British way. :)

JediMaster
11-30-2001, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
[B]

"...These exclusives are marketed toward the carded collectors who won't ever open their stuff. It would really be nice to get ahold of something that is relatively cheap so you mind getting several to make a diorama or have a larger army than just one. I could care less if Hasbro decides to make another version of the figure. It would just be nice to get something at a reasonable price..."

Though in the past the Club exclusives have been new, never-before-offered characters/figures, this is not, and as it is packed in the white mailer box, I doubt that the "keep-carded" collectors will be clamoring for this one. We diorama-/troop-builder kinds will be lovin' it though... I'll open every one, and I'll probably pick up six of the two-packs... (is that a twelve-pack? Too bad it's not a 12 of Labatts...)

JEDIpartner
11-30-2001, 10:33 AM
Well that's awesome...!

I think this is about as close to the "Bucket O' Stormtroopers" as we're gonna get, so stop dissing Hasbro and let's give them a hand for listening to our requests! :D

JEDIpartner
11-30-2001, 10:35 AM
There is another thread on this in the POTJ Forums.

I'm excited about this, but only as long as there is SOME articulation, not like the Bacta Luke or Some of the "accessory" Battle Droids.

bigbarada
11-30-2001, 10:41 AM
Since my troopers will spend most of their time standing in formation then I am not too concerned about added or removed aritculation. I do hope they are not locked in a goofy action pose like the original POTF2 troopers, though. Maybe one posed, one neutral figure, now that would be cool if highly unlikely.

SirSteve
11-30-2001, 10:58 AM
It's nothing special... just 2 (old) Stormtroopers with new guns. Whoppie...

JEDIpartner
11-30-2001, 11:19 AM
OLD??? OLD??? Are we talkin' POTF2 help me I'm so huge I'm suffocating in my armour OLD?

I hope that's not what you meant! :eek:

Wolfwood319
11-30-2001, 11:52 AM
It better not be the original POTF2 ones! So help me....

If it is the original, it will be the worst idea to come out of Hasbro in a long time. There is absolutely no demand for this inferior Stormtrooper. I just pray its as good as the commtech or else I will definately not buy a set.

Its still not official though. If all were going on at this point is CSC's article, I'm not even going to worry about it.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-30-2001, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by JediMaster
Though in the past the Club exclusives have been new, never-before-offered characters/figures, this is not, and as it is packed in the white mailer box, I doubt that the "keep-carded" collectors will be clamoring for this one. We diorama-/troop-builder kinds will be lovin' it though... I'll open every one, and I'll probably pick up six of the two-packs... (is that a twelve-pack? Too bad it's not a 12 of Labatts...)

OK, I get it. I thought the white box was some kind of cool collector's packaging, like the box the 300th BF came in. So it's more like the one the OB1 ghost and cantina band dudes came in. That I can live with. Bring 'em on.

SirSteve
11-30-2001, 12:04 PM
I am not 100% sure but that's what my sources have said. As soon as I know, it will be posted. I don't like to post rumors.

xboywonder
11-30-2001, 12:25 PM
Can someone post a link to this article at collectstarwars ??

bigbarada
11-30-2001, 01:41 PM
What, are you too lazy to type in www.collectstarwars.com ?:p

It's right on the front page of the site so you can't miss it.:cool:

ACPin
11-30-2001, 01:43 PM
Don't get your hopes too high, it looks like they're just repacked CTC stormies in a white mailer box with blasters. Unless they're priced at $5, I won't be ordering any of them. :(

JEDIpartner
11-30-2001, 03:33 PM
Well... if they repackage CT Stormies... I'm still in. I was only able to obtain one...

So that's just fine with me!!!!

sith_killer_99
11-30-2001, 05:09 PM
RUMORS?

Steve, isn't that an actual picture of the "white mailer box" on collectstarwars.com?

:crazed: hehehehehe;)

JK:D

Jargo
11-30-2001, 06:14 PM
He was talking about the contents not the box you goof. :p :D :crazed:

LTBasker
11-30-2001, 07:58 PM
I don't mind the white mailer boxes. Heck, IMO, they look better than the new blue packaging we're gonna get for the Classic/E1/E2 figures. :rolleyes:

oldfossil
11-30-2001, 11:08 PM
Looks like these troopers will be a la the CommTech version, thankfully. Now what would be REALLY cool is if they featured articulated knees like the new Rebel Fleet Trooper.

Mainly, I just hope they don't limit his articulation, and give him a static pose. That would be a step backward in this figure's evolution.

Interesting to see the emotion the Stormtrooper stirs up among us collectors, especially the older ones. I think that, for myself at least, the image of the Stormtrooper is as fundamental to the whole Star Wars saga as Vader, the droids, Boba Fett, the aliens, etc.

Or maybe I just dig their white armor. Wouldn't mind having a suit of it, myself...

bigbarada
11-30-2001, 11:36 PM
I feel exactly the same way, oldfossil. I could deal the subjugation of billions, suppression of freedom and terrorizing of the masses; as long as I got to wear that cool suit of armor!;) :D :p :cool:

I don't mind loosing a couple points of articulation, I can almost bet the head will be returned to simply swiveling side to side. It's not like all that articulation on the CTC Stormie allowed you to put him in any useful poses (expect lying-on-ground-dead poses). And I really hope those crappy ball jointed shoulders go away. I have nothing against ball-jointed shoulders but those looked pretty bad IMO.

GNT
12-01-2001, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve
It's nothing special... just 2 (old) Stormtroopers with new guns. Whoppie...

2 commtech figures with 2 "new POTJ" imperial guns,this is a big deal and I'd gladly buy them,But since I cant I wont(Fan Club doesnt send overseas!)

JediTricks
12-01-2001, 02:26 AM
I hope they don't have that funky color-changing chest-blast, that gimmick isn't worth bringing back. Other than that, I hope they add wrist articulation and either way, I'll be buying a few.

Dark Knight
12-01-2001, 02:30 AM
I would not care if they where repackage ct stormies. I would still get them.:) By the dozens.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

GNT
12-01-2001, 03:25 AM
Its great news for army Builders,all you need to do is buy say 20 packs and you've alredy got 4o commtech stormtroopers with blasters!!!!!!!A very cool idea Hasbro

Wolfwood319
12-01-2001, 04:00 AM
Does anyone have any idea on how much these things are going to cost?

If they're more than $10, forget it. I can get CT Stromtroopers for less than $5 somewhere else.

Jargo
12-01-2001, 09:41 AM
Let's face it the sandtrooper was a step backwards with only side to side rotation of the head and static knee joints. The arms are in a fixed pose despite the elbow cut. I'd be happy for something like that as long as it really isn't the POTF2 version *shudders* which I now can't bear to look at and is shoved deep under my bed where even the dog can't get it.... now that's just given me an idea! :p

seriously I agree that the stormtrooper is one of the biding and most enduring of star wars iconoclastic images. Vader encompasses evil but the stormtrooper encompasses the silent masses of the empires might of oppression.

It also happens to be a very cool suit of armour that I too would love even if I am a little short to be.............. :D

Oldfossil, you pretty much carbon copied my original post on this subject with regards to the RFT type knee joints. I think my point was that if Hasbro reckon there's something innovative about this deal then it better be something like RFT type knees or people are gonna get mighty ****ed if they're being duped.

Maybe I didn't actually say that here... well if I didn't, I just did :p :stupid: :crazed:

LTBasker
12-01-2001, 10:26 AM
Aw heck, I've got a cheaper idea for Hasbro, they can produce the armor pieces and a black suit that we can put on a GI Joe figure and we'll make our own so they don't have to go through all the molding and stuff for a whole figure. :D

evenflow
12-01-2001, 12:43 PM
I love exclusives, and think this is really cool, but i would have preferred a figure that has never been made before. Either way I am buying it, and will be happy though. :D

Jargo
12-01-2001, 04:00 PM
Hmmm, the former fan club exclusive AT-AT driver, Leia hoth, death star droid, Pote Snitkin........ They really were exclusive to the fan club weren't they.... hmmmmm..... *rubs chin mockingly* :happy: :evil: :greedy: :greedy: :greedy: :greedy: :crazed:

bigbarada
12-02-2001, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I can get CT Stromtroopers for less than $5 somewhere else.

And where would that be?:confused:

JEDIpartner
12-03-2001, 10:34 AM
As JARGO put it, "Hmmm, the former fan club exclusive AT-AT driver, Leia hoth, death star droid, Pote Snitkin........ They really were exclusive to the fan club weren't they.... hmmmmm..... *rubs chin mockingly*"- I think these may do a little better than the FC4 figures...

AnnnnnnnnnnnD- there will be no retail packaging on these, so I dunno how these would get out to the stores... we could start an overseas exchange programme of some sort!

:p

JEDIpartner
12-03-2001, 11:59 AM
Yeah! I've not seen CT Stormies anywhere since last year!

Wolfwood319
12-03-2001, 02:39 PM
I got 15 ct stormies for $25 on eBay. Also, a lot of times at the shows you can pick up loose ones for like $3 a pop.

I'm comparing the price to loose figs, not carded, because essentially your getting loose figs from the fan club, it just comes in a plain white box.

Jargo
12-03-2001, 03:02 PM
Yes! you send me the exclusives and I'll send you... oh, we don't get anything over here do we... oh poo.

I don't know of anyone who's happy with the UK fan club. last I heard they didn't acyually ofer anything more than overpriced figures that I can get online for knockdown prices. maybe there's someone from the UK who can clarify exactly what the UK fanclub actually does offer and if it's worth the bother.

But i do have a Sio Bibble and Holo Sidious and a royal starship gathering dust in the loft.... oh sorry that's for the trading section isn't it... :p

ACPin
12-03-2001, 10:45 PM
Looks like this thread needs to be merged with the one in the POTJ Forums.

GNT
12-04-2001, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by ACPin

Its A job for a Moderator...., ACPin you are a moderator so why cant you move it?

JEDIpartner
12-04-2001, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by ACPin

Who's "Marge"?? What? Oh... "MERGE"! That's different! Never mind. :crazed:

ACPin
12-04-2001, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by GNT

Its A job for a Moderator...., ACPin you are a moderator so why cant you move it?

Duh! I tried and I was getting an error. Now it's fixed and both topics have been merged by SirSteve. :D

Jargo
12-04-2001, 04:56 PM
i thought I was seeing things when my last reply got moved down a couple of posts. it all made sense before but now I can't keep track and I'm going insane..... whoops, already did that:crazed:

I bought a load of CT stormies for 5 each a little while back but I'm going to be mean and not tell you so I can go back and clean out the rest :zzz: And you can pull my pigtails and twist my arm behind my back and I STILL won't tell.:p Actually i only buy in lots of six and leave plenty of time between purchases to allow anyone else a chance to get in there. But as it's a british store....... too bad for you guys in the states:cry: At least you'll have the fan club exclusive to console yourselves with when I have to shell out big bucks to get just one of the damn things:frus: :mad: :dead:

A.J.
12-10-2001, 07:35 AM
Collectstarwars is showing four troopers in the pack instead of 2. They're the commtech without the blast mark. I wonder what kind of price point we're looking at...

JediMaster
12-10-2001, 08:49 AM
Well, looks like most of us got our wishes with this offer. Nice to see that they're offering a couple of different weapons with it, too. I gotta wonder though why we're getting the "old" E-11 blaster rifle rather than the new POTJ resculpted one? Probably because both the figure and that particular version of that gun both belong to the "old" POTF2 line, eh? Also nice to see that stupid blast mark omitted...

Four 'Troopers to a pack?!?! Awesome!! Looks like I'll only have to get three, rather than six. My guess is that this baby will probably come in at under $20, though, and my reasoning is this:

1. It's an older figure that for most was widely available (eventually), and at a very modest price.
2. Hasbro didn't have to re-tool any molds, for either the figure or the accessories.
3. Cheaper packaging (no four-color print process, no bubble, etc.), and no cost to produce said package.
4. It appears to me that these might possibly be produced from a lesser-grade plastic than the original CommTech 'Troopers. Looks a little too glossy, don'tcha think?

So we could potentially see this for less than 20 beans. Then again; this is still a Club exclusive and that alone will probably drive the price-point up to an unreasonable level. Crap... (sighs).

bigbarada
12-10-2001, 01:20 PM
Too glossy? The Stormtrooper armor is supposed to be glossy!

jedi master sal
12-10-2001, 01:27 PM
Beggars can't be choosers if they were flat I would still buy em'
We have been looking for army builder sets for quite some time.
Now maybe we get what we want. I wonder if there will be a limit? anyone
I want at least 10 sets. (I know this may sound like much but I have now 148 stormies in all of their variants and need more for my dioramas. Hope none of you feel that is too excessive.

Jayspawn
12-10-2001, 02:40 PM
Come on Hasbro, SHOW US THE STORMTROOPERS!

Bring it on Hasbro!

bigbarada
12-10-2001, 02:41 PM
Just save some for the rest of us.:p

Actually, I've set my limit at twelve Stormtroopers. I already have four Commtech versions, so I only plan to buy two of these sets. 12 should be all I need for Vader's quick strike team. :)

148???? Croikey!! Does that include vintage and 1995 POTF2 versions?

LTBasker
12-11-2001, 12:43 AM
So we're getting 4 troopers... 2 with the CTC rifle, and 2 with a POTF2 blaster, and it's just the CTC troopers w/o battle damage feature... Nothing new on the troopers... no new articulation... just the regular CTC troopers... Anyone else feel jipped? I hope the price isn't gonna be some ridiculous price like what it would cost for 4 figs at retail right now.

GNT
12-11-2001, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
I want at least 10 sets. (I know this may sound like much but I have now 148 stormies in all of their variants and need more for my dioramas. Hope none of you feel that is too excessive.

:eek: ssshhheesshh Now I know where the whole Australais suppy of CT Stormies went!!!! :eek:

LTBasker
12-11-2001, 03:45 AM
LOL, heck I wanted to get like 60 troopers when the CTC figs were hitting TRU. (10 or so at a time so they would have restocking time) But, I was only able to grab around 13-14 of'em. I hope Hasbro isn't limiting the quanity on the trooper pack, even if they are the CTC ones (I still think they should've added 2 or 3 more articulation points) I'm sure people are gonna go nuts over'em. Maybe they'll be around $8-10 each or maybe a little less since it's existing molds, without the "magic appearing" battle damage the torso mold is probably less to make, and the guns are existing molds plus theres no special packaging or inserts (as we know of) then they shouldn't be too much. (Well, we can dream. :D) Yay, it'll only take 1 pack + 1 CTC trooper to fill up a blaster rack we got with the troopers. :happy:

jedi master sal
12-11-2001, 08:43 AM
not all of them are ct stormies. Isaid all their variants. This includes 1995 and up. By this I mean:

buff ST
sand ST
snow ST
biker sct (clean and dirty)
CT ST
deluxe ST
Han and Luke as ST's
luke dianoga ST
dewback ST
cantina ST

I think that's all I may have forgotten. but you get the idea.
although I think I have about 20 of the CT ST's.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
12-11-2001, 06:02 PM
I'm happy about this set. CT troopers are fine with me. I'd like to see a new one, but I'll take this for now. I'm just waiting to hear the price. I'm hoping it's like $20-$25, and not something like $35. That would suck. Yes, there's less packaging and all that, but this is the fan club we're talking about, which sold the Ree-Yees and Hoth Leia waves for about $10 a piece. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.

LTBasker
12-12-2001, 03:48 AM
Ah, but theres the key, those were exclusives JUST for the fan club and offered no where else. See what I'm saying? Hasbro most likely didn't plan on the FC4 figs going to TRU for $2 each later on, but the CTC stormies have already been to TRU for $2 each! That's $8 for 4 and you could trade 2 of the rifles for a regular blaster. So, if they're gonna release the same figure in any amount, with little change, why charge over at least $10 when theres no special packaging or anything like that involved? Sure it would get them money, but collectors could probably trade easily for stormtroopers if anyone picked up a large lot of them at the TRU sale and therefore making it to where the Trooper 4-pack doesn't sell. And if a 15 year old can figure that out, then even Hasbro might be able to! :happy:

Lord Malakite
12-12-2001, 09:16 AM
I'll probably buy a set even though I'm a carded collector. No one around me ever got the CT Stormtrooper in stock. For that matter, most stores haven't even bothered to stock any of POTJ waves, much or less the overstock of the Fan Club 4 figures. I'm still looking for a Boomer Damage Battle Droid. Luckily I found a used Video Game store that has most of the newer figures at retail, which most people (including scalpers), don't know about.

orion
12-12-2001, 01:52 PM
We seriously need to excercise our ability to maintain our poker faces people.

When I first heard of this exclusive, I wasn't expecting to see pictures 'till at least 2002. Why? Because I understood that we would be getting a new Trooper - not a rehashed version of the CT Trooper.

Nothing wrong with the decision that Hasbro has made. I like the idea, and I'm eager to get these Stormtroopers without the blastmarks and with the different guns. But is it possible that Hasbro was planning on giving us a new sculpt, then after reading what the fans are willing to accept, decided to take the easy way out? We were originally told the troop builder set would contain 2 figures. Now we're getting 4. Sure 4 is better than 2, but this further supports the suspicion that Hasbro ditched the idea of a new version.

Now the fans are starting to talk about how much they're willing to pay for this set. I'm sure Hasbro already has a price in mind. Let's not accidently influence them to charge more than their original intentions.

LTBasker
12-12-2001, 02:32 PM
A new and improved better sculpt is always better. If they changed it from a new sculpt to the CTC sculpt... Let's egg'em. :D

2-1B
09-01-2007, 02:09 AM
It could have been worse, they could have released troop builder packs of the POTF2 stormie !

jjreason
09-02-2007, 09:16 AM
I loved the POTF2 Stormy when I first got him. I remember "marveling" at the accuracy of the sculpt, compared to the vintage version. :D

Funny, looking back, the vintage version holds up surprisingly well.

2-1B
09-02-2007, 10:54 AM
I liked the vintage but the lack of a turnable head was a severe problem. It made them look 2 dimensional.

AmanaMatt
09-03-2007, 05:53 PM
This new Stormie was good for a couple of years until the VOTC one hit -

My fav VOTC version so far was the 501st version - just a much nicer quality white plastic was used...