PDA

View Full Version : Fans unite!

sith_killer_99
10-10-2003, 06:54 PM
I was just thinking, what would GL do if everyone united to boycott ALL George Lucas (to include Lucas Films and ILM) DVD's until the OT was released on DVD?

Just think of it! While we are at it, we could even push for an original Theatrical release (well, a cleaned up version anyway).

Ah well, maybe if we lived in a perfect world...............................
but then we would already have the DVD's.

Just a thought, inspired by the, soon to be released, Indiana Jones DVD's.

derek
10-10-2003, 07:04 PM
i wouldn't be suprised if the original, original DVD's are eventually released. probably around 2010 or so after we've all bought 3 different double trilogy box sets. :crazed:

as for boycotts.........we can't even keep fans from paying $20 for access to watch commercials on the official site, so you can probably forget this idea. :cry:

JediTricks
10-10-2003, 10:33 PM
United, I'm sure we could power a set of DVDs into existance soon, but let's face it, human beings are hard to unite - especially the SW crowd.

plo koon 200
10-10-2003, 10:52 PM
By boycotting Lucasfilm we are giving them more of a reason not to relase product. If we don't buy, they don't produce. Simple as that. As well I cannot see myself not buying the Indy trilogy.

Turambar
10-10-2003, 11:48 PM
I'm not very optimistic about ever seeing the OT on dvd. GL has said that the SE is his definitive version of the trilogy, and I'm sure the archival editions, when released, will be his new definitive versions.
I'll be looking for a good bootleg until I hear otherwise.

Kidhuman
10-11-2003, 01:33 PM
Heck, I am down for it. I would love to have the OT in its original form. It would be great to have. I wonder if my parents still have them on VHS when we taped them off of HBO years ago. I hope so, only chance I have at seeing them right now.