PDA

View Full Version : Holy %$#@! Great News For 2004

plo koon 200
10-12-2003, 04:51 PM
This just in from GH.

Our Galactic Swami foresees good things in the future for Star Wars toys in 2004. Ready your wallets, because if you're a fan of the Original Trilogy, then you'll be spending plenty of dough indeed! Swami also tells us that the emphasis for 2004 are collectors and MAX articulation. Believe in the power of the Swami!

Basic Figures

Craving more Imperials for your collection? How about a first ever issue of Admiral Ozzel and a new Imperial TIE Pilot with improved articulation! If you've been wanting more characters from The Empire Strikes Back, you'll be happy to know that a long wished for Cloud Car Pilot, Leia Bespin Gown, Lobot, Dagobah R2-D2, and a new sculpt of bounty hunter Dengar are also planned.

Rounding out the OT figures are a Gold Leader X-Wing Pilot and a new Han Endor.

From the Prequels come new figures of Palpatine's aide Sly Moore, the Wookiee Senator Yarua, and duck-billed Jedi Pablo Jill.

Reissues of previously released figures are also to be continued. Now dubbed the "Hall of Fame" series, expect some form of Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and Princess Leia.

Ultra Figures

For those who love those furry creatures with attitude, an Ultra Ewok 2 Pack with Catapult is planned. Another set from Return of the Jedi featuring B'ommar Monk and Bubo are also in the works.

Vehicles, Exclusives, and the Rest

The Sandcrawler is coming to Target. But Swami sez you already knew that. But did you know that Target will also carry Star Wars drinking glasses packed with exclusive figures? Sounds like a neat concept.

A new TIE Fighter with more accurately scaled wings as well as new colored versions of the Y-Wing and X-Wing (Gold Leader) will be dogfighting as an exclusive for a retailer.

Multi-packs to be released include themes from Naboo Final Battle, Pit of Carkoon, and Jedi Council (with Shaak-Ti).

Another large 12" exclusive for Kaybee is also planned with the same pricepoint as the Gamorrean Guard...more details to follow.

The Swami hopes you enjoyed this little sneak peak into the Galactic crystal ball. Swami wants to remind everyone that although we should all believe in the POTS (Power Of The Swami), nothing is guaranteed until Hasbro officially announces them!

Well, if it ends up true, then I will be in heaven. Better Tie Fighter. Gold leader with X-Wing. And different colored versions of Y-Wings. Ewoks (yes). More sitting council members. This only makes my day. "Hall of Fame" Huh. If it was a a hall of fame they could have popular figures like Bibble and Mon. The glasses concept for Targets, sounds, well, I will hold judgment until I learn all the details. But I'm impressed with the figure line up. Oh and I almost forgot, Admiral Ozzel, yee haw. If this is all true next year will be incredible.

Beast
10-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Sounds good. And most of those fit some earlier rumors we've heard. Ozzel and Dengar were pretty much locked in. Nice to finally see Sly Moore on the way. Since the figure has been sculpted since before E2 came out. :p 2004 is looking so bright, I got to wear shades. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
10-12-2003, 05:17 PM
That is good news, except for another Endor Han. Why do we need another one? Guess hasbro has to do something to irk us.

Battle Droid
10-12-2003, 05:29 PM
And still no Pilot Battle Droid, they were even in AOTC... :frus: Does Hasbro hate making Battle Droids, expseically Pilot one's?

That is good news, except for another Endor Han. Why do we need another one?

Yeah, when they could've made a Pilot Battle Droid instead.

Beast
10-12-2003, 05:51 PM
Probably to make up for the crappy 2002 Endor Han. Since almost everyone disliked the figure, and he didn't come with his duster. And it looks like there will be an 'Endor' wave next year. So I'll bet we're going to get a Luke: Endor, Leia: Endor, and Han: Endor next year in a wave. Which will be great. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
10-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Everything sounds good to me. I can do without the Prequel stuff, but that's OK.;) I guess if the Cloud Car Pilot is coming, maybe the Car is too.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Another Tie-fighter? wait, didn't we JUST have one of those from KB toys? Can't hasbro do it right on the first place?

Nice lineup though!! Thanks for the info!! :D

dr_evazan22
10-12-2003, 07:38 PM
JMG- that was my reaction too!

Great news about the rest of it though!

Star Matt
10-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Sounds great. This seems like a strong line-up. Hasbro is great in non-movie years. Glad to see an accurate tie fighter coming up. Gold leader is just icing on the cake. Hasbro is getting very smart too, releasing NEW figures with glasses, so they won't sit. 2004 is looking better each day.

jjreason
10-12-2003, 10:44 PM
We're going to be forking out the big bucks right up until 2006 or 7 I guess. I was hoping things would slow down next year - fewer, better figures and items - but it doesn't look that way. They must have 40 figures for next year announced already. Crikey. At least they look like they'll be good ones.

Banthaholic
10-12-2003, 11:13 PM
I saw this list on GH early this afternoon. I don't really know what to think, the majority of it sounds cool, if legit.
Although I don't understand the need for a Dagobah R2-D2, Han Endor, or articulated Tie Pilot, as well as another Tie fighter.
If they doi a Tie pilot, I hope they put it in with the supposed new Tie Fighter. Although knowing Hasbro they'd but the POTJ Tie pilot with the new fighter, then make us buy an articulated one separate.
Han Nedor, while I understand a need for one, the '02 version is pegwrming plentiful. I saw save this figure for later.
Seeing how a Dagobah R2-D2 come with the TRU exlcsive x-wing in '02, wonder how they could improve upon it.
Ewoks are welcome, as well as a Pit of Carcoon mulitpack could have potential. I'd love to see a screen sceen of sort, that includes pieces of the Sarlaac and a few of Jabaa's skiff guard to go with it.

Stemp Fester
10-13-2003, 03:47 AM
mmmmm... Y-Wing...

Hope the Dagobah R2 is something better than the one that came with the X-wing.

I'm still waiting for a decent, properly articulated Super Battle Droid...

mista_carrot
10-13-2003, 06:07 AM
I saw this list on GH early this afternoon. I don't really know what to think, the majority of it sounds cool, if legit.
Although I don't understand the need for a Dagobah R2-D2, Han Endor, or articulated Tie Pilot, as well as another Tie fighter.

Just my opinion, but I think you got it backwards. I didn't see the need for the KB Tie Fighter, and the Saga Endor Han. The KB TIE simply doesn't have enough improvements to warrant a purchase from me, and the Saga Endor Han is basically a one pose wonder. POTF2 Han Endor has become outdated in terms of sculpting detail and articulation.
The Dagobah R2 that came with the X-wing was alright, but it's just a repainted R2-B1 sculpt with green paint splattered on him. If you can't see how that can be improved upon.... :confused:
As for the TIE fighter pilot, I think a resculpt has been needed. The POTF2 version is just OK, but it started to show it's age since the TIE Interceptor came out. The proportions aren't right and the details are soft. I for one will gladly buy a new TIE Fighter Pilot.

The rest of the figures sound great! It will definitely be a good year if this is even partly true.

thespar
10-13-2003, 08:05 AM
I hate to be one the rain on the paride but it the amount of the are anything likethis years then they are going to be hard to find.

Banthaholic
10-13-2003, 08:46 AM
Just my opinion, but I think you got it backwards. I didn't see the need for the KB Tie Fighter, and the Saga Endor Han. The KB TIE simply doesn't have enough improvements to warrant a purchase from me, and the Saga Endor Han is basically a one pose wonder. POTF2 Han Endor has become outdated in terms of sculpting detail and articulation.
The Dagobah R2 that came with the X-wing was alright, but it's just a repainted R2-B1 sculpt with green paint splattered on him. If you can't see how that can be improved upon.... :confused: .
Hmmm... I can see how they can be improved upon, I just don't see the need to release them again so soon.

kool-aid killer
10-13-2003, 10:08 AM
I like most of those things listed as coming up. I especially cant wait for the Ewoks with catapult, that should rule. A new Y-wing with a removable astromech droid would be sweet too.

TheDarthVader
10-13-2003, 11:33 AM
All of the new figures will be in my collection! I can't wait! Finally, a cloud car pilot and a bubo. 2004 is going to be a great year for us collectors.

Tycho
10-13-2003, 12:23 PM
Ozzel: I'll buy him if he is appropriately SHORT in height compared to other figures, and could possibly pass for a good Admiral Palleon.

Not to say that it couldn't be fun making a scene with Vader choking him.

Cloud Car Pilot! I'll buy 3-4 (in hopes that I won't one day need 6 to man three Cloud Car toys I'd hang up flanking my Millennium Falcon). The reason I'd get less than the pilots I'd need is that I'd hope they'd change the headsculpt and offer a variation, or include at least one with the ship. That's with hoping they release the ship.

Dengar. It's about time. I'm not going to replace my POTF2 ones, but I'd buy 1 of the new improved Dengar to save to fight the Solo Jedi if they ever made them. Everything's "just in case, I'll put it in a shoe box and save it for a better day" so far...

Gold Leader Pilot: I'd stick him with my Yavin Base pilots, but what about Red Leader (Garven Dreis). It'd seem he's more important as Luke's commanding officer! I'm wondering if they re-release ships, if they will NOT include pilots this time, hence why Gold Leader and the TIE Pilot are related to vehicles we'll probably see re-released.

Sly Moore - great! I could use about 4-5 of her figure for scenes I have Palpatine in, like his office, overseeing the launch of the Clone Army, and the Galactic Senate!

Senator Yarua - same thing here, only maybe 2 or 3 of his figure for Senate Scenes, to help me make Wookiee box seats to all the political action. Finally we have a new Wookiee figure that is not a Chewbacca body sculpt!

Pablo Jill - this will allow me to do awesome Howard the Duck battle action scenes! What a name though. Uggggh! After Pablo Hildago at Lucasfilm, I gather. Actually, I liked seeing this new alien character, but a fringe-scum one from Coco Street would have been better. You could throw a Jedi Robe on him to create the warrior. But it reminds me of how they released Ishi Tibb as a Rebel, when the species was more prominantly seen at Jabba's. Hopefully they recycle both species headsculpts and create scum aliens with them. All we need is an Ishi Tibb Jedi before we get one from Jabbas Palace :rolleyes:

Ewok 2-pack with catapult. I don't care about the catapult. I bought several vintage ones (that didn't include figures) way back in the day. What I hope is that 2 of the vintage Ewoks not redone yet will be included:

Romba
Warrick
Lumat
Paploo (resculpted, not flying)

Realistically, I'm not sure if any of these Ewoks actually served on a catapult crew. Paploo was a scout. All the others most prominantly show up when Han's raiding party is captured in the net. I'll have to watch ROTJ again to see if these individuals actually served in the Ewok Artillery, however, I don't care. I just want the vintage ones redone.

I could use new Ewoks never made before, but the one with the death's headpeice (see the 12" collection's edition) and a mother with Wokling, would make the most noticeable new kinds of Ewok figures. Randoms from the artillery crew wouldn't stand out any more than the vintage redo's, but fans of all the figures being remade would prefer these (Romba, Warrick, Lumat, Paploo).

Chief Chirpa is rumored to be carded. Teebo's the only one that's perfect, but Logray is pretty good. They could re-release a Wicket (new sculpt) with Leia Endor in a two-pack. That'd rock. OR DO WICKET, LEIA, and A BIKERSCOUT screen scene!

B'Omarr Monk and Bubo? I'd get it for Bubo, and trade someone my Monk. I won one in Hasbro's online contest the first time it was offered. Then I ordered another one back then, too. So I'm set. They could make a nice variation of a B'Omarr though. That'd be good.

Anyway, there's my 2 cents.

darthzirock
10-13-2003, 01:10 PM
I'll believe this stuff gets made when I see it on the shelves! Hasbro hasn't officially announced any of these figures, and there aren't even any photos of spec sheets or in-progress sculpts yet. While many of these listed figures are definite collector favorites, I can still imagine Hasbro catering to the yard monsters with core characters up the wazoo. Besides, we still need decent, neutral-posed versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan from AOTC so they can fit in the Coruscant Speeder and Jedi Starfighters.

Tycho
10-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Remember that J'Quille the Whipid and the Elom are still on other lists for 2004 that we saw, too. So I have hope!

They will always sell the core characters every year so new people that don't have any SW figures can get them. Of course you can count on resculpts or repacks. But I want Jedi Robes (hard plastic versisons) of Anakin and Obi-Wan from AOTC myself. Endor Outfits will cover Luke and Leia well. I think they'll make Darth Vader wearing black.

darthzirock
10-13-2003, 01:23 PM
Well, you know what I'd REALLY like to see in 2004? To heck with obscure background characters and ultra-articulated pilots/troopers, let's get the rest of those Ralph McQuarrie concept art figures made! Proving that the Expanded Universe concept isn't dead by winning the Fans' Choice Figure Poll, the Concept Art Stormtrooper could (and hopefully will) be the first in a series of such figures.

I'd really like to see either a Scene Pack of CA Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Chewbacca, or have them single-carded as part of the Saga line. Now, that would be a line I'd be willing to go up against a whole platoon of Stormtroopers to own!

JEDIpartner
10-13-2003, 01:42 PM
"...nothing is guaranteed until Hasbro officially announces them!"

I'll believe it if I see it. A TIE Fighter so soon after an "Exclusive" release seems a little premature. There are a lot of "hopefuls" in that list. Let's hope they do get realised for actual release.

mark2d2
10-13-2003, 03:03 PM
"...nothing is guaranteed until Hasbro officially announces them!"

I'll believe it if I see it. A TIE Fighter so soon after an "Exclusive" release seems a little premature. There are a lot of "hopefuls" in that list. Let's hope they do get realised for actual release.

Yeah, I know what you mean, JediPartnr.

Still, I cling to the hope that it is true.
(My lust for the Sancrawler is well documented.)

But the other figs, especially the Bespin Wave have me drooling.
Cloud Car Pilot? Hmmmmm. . . what's he, uh, gonna fly?
Perhaps some reissued ship we have yet to hear about.
And wouldn't his general release imply that it won't be an exclusive?
Deep and clouded this mystery is. . .

Endor Han. Boring. Boring. Boring.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-13-2003, 04:37 PM
It all sounds great, hopefully it'll pull through.

plo koon 200
10-13-2003, 06:02 PM
I hope the news of the new X-Wing and Y-wing are true. I really don't care about Gold Leader but I want a gold X-Wing. I hope the continue to use the retooled F/X sculpt.

Tycho
10-13-2003, 07:20 PM
We all have our tastes. I don't want the Ralph McQuarrie stuff personally, though I could change my tune if that Vader and Luke were made really well. Generally speaking, it'd be cool to look at, if not buy (but more power to you guys who want them).

We all have our unique tastes.

Mine are:

1) Obscure background characters from the movies.
2) Expanded Universe characters from novels or comics, that are NOT main characters from the movies, as well.

While I don't want another Han Endor, he is not boring to new collectors who don't have him and can't get him at convenient retail outlets. Presumably these collectors want him to have a Han with the trench coat - AND Hasbro's not just going to throw a cloth one on the Endor Raid figure (which is what is most probable for them to do).

mark2d2
10-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Personally, I'm not into concept stuff or EU.

But --- hey, we all have our tastes.

Nothing gets me more excited than background obscurity ALIENS and DROIDS.
I also don't mind resculpts when they are warranted. (Bespin Leia, Lobot. . .)
The new year looks just great for me. I just wish that the Force would somehow
intervene and make that SANDCRAWLER a SPRING 2004 release.

LTBasker
10-13-2003, 08:25 PM
2) Expanded Universe characters from novels or comics, that are NOT main characters from the movies, as well.

And video games. Ah what I would give for figure versions of Jedi Knight Kyle Katarn, Jedi Outcast Kyle, and Jan Ors. :D

The new figs sound sweet though, hopefully alot of these go well past rumors. Hope they plan on a new Scout Trooper and a more accurate Snowtrooper as well, they're still lacking quite a bit.

Turambar
10-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Looks great if this comes true.
WOOHOO Adm Ozzel! Now if only we could have a Gen Veers.
Nice to see more ewoks are coming. the bespin wave looks awesome.
I think all the rehashes are a good thing since they need to be done in the great likenesses that we seem to be seeing in 3 3/4 figs lately. so I'm all for it. Besides, I just recently got back into collecting the lil figs and need accurate versions of them.

Turambar
10-13-2003, 11:41 PM
Looks great if this comes true.
WOOHOO Adm Ozzel! Now if only we could have a Gen Veers.
Nice to see more ewoks are coming. the bespin wave looks awesome.
I think all the rehashes are a good thing since they need to be done in the great likenesses that we seem to be seeing in 3 3/4 figs lately. so I'm all for it. Besides, I just recently got back into collecting the lil figs and need accurate versions of them.

fishyfett
10-14-2003, 12:16 AM
I BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT. IN STORES, ON THE SHELVES AND THE PEGS!!! AND YEAH, PABLO JILL IS STILL A *** NAME FOR A JEDI. :mad:

Jargo
10-14-2003, 07:41 AM
Far too much being listed. I f hasbro churn out all that we've read about they'll be commiting commercial suicide. No-one can find anything, people are leaving the collecting of stuff because of frustration, more and more people are selling their collections to pay for other collections where you can find stuff and there isn't so much.
If hasbro is desperately trying to make up for the atrocious showing this last couple of years then they're too late. Some of the ideas are nice but i wouldn't hold your breath. This listing is probably just ideas that are being bandied around the office not laid in stone. The same thing happened last year and the year before and the year before.... Don't believe it until you see the pictures on the official sites.

InsaneJediGirl
10-14-2003, 10:01 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.Almost everything on that list would be nice to have(except Han).Why not a Quinlan Vos?The Jedi need their traitor!

If this is Hasbro trying to make another POTJ-esq line,I agree its a bit late.Why didnt they start something similar in the second quarter of this year?

keithfite
10-14-2003, 12:54 PM
I am just so thrilled they are doing more multi pack cinema scenes. Those are the greatest. and all of the pilot figures mentioned are great. But the multi packs rule. I am glad their gonna keep making those.

plo koon 200
10-14-2003, 01:26 PM
I'm also excited about the multi-packs. I hope they are screen scenes so we get two sets for each one.

I would like the Pit of Carkoon to come with half a Sarlac per set just like the Trash Compactor sets. That would be awesome.

mtriv73
10-14-2003, 01:40 PM
I'm a little skeptical, yet very excited about this list. I'd buy everything mentioned in a heartbeat. I just can't see Hasbro putting this kind of stuff out without the release of the original trilogy on DVD to get kids interested too.

plo koon 200
10-14-2003, 04:20 PM
The reason why the list is so interesting is because Hasbro thinks it is one of those years that kids don't buy toys, you know.

OCB
10-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Mike and Galactic Hunter have usually been right with these lists before...I'd say it is fairly accurate and jives with some earlier reported stuff from Jimmy at the Trade Federation

For example...

How much of this list came true? Quite a bit...

The 2003 Rumor List
9/5/2002 | Reported by Mike

Basic Figures
Anakin Skywalker with mechanical arm and super articulation
Flying R2-D2
Han Solo Hoth
Chewbacca Hoth
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight (ROTJ)
Darth Vader (ROTJ)
Padme Amidala Wedding Gown
Yoda with Jedi Child
Jedi Youngling 2-pack
Coleman Trebor
Wat Tambor
Aayla Secura
Yoda (Clone Wars)
Kit Fisto (Clone Wars)
Boba Fett with Quick Draw Action (ROTJ)
Jocasta Nu and Droid 2 Pack
Bail Organa
Snowtrooper
Lama Su

Unleashed
Yoda
Slave Leia

Misc
C-3PO and R2-D2 Holiday Set with base and Christmas Card (Fan Club)
Screen Scene Luke and Leia (Trash Compactor)
Screen Scene Han Solo and Chewbacca (Trash Compactor)

Deluxe
Battle Droid 3 Pack (Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid)
Spider Droid (AOTC)

Vehicles
Tank Droid (AOTC)
Anakin Skywalker with Speederbike
Count Dooku with Speederbike
Sandcrawler
Slave I (ESB deco)
TIE Bomber in Refresh Saga Packaging

12"" Figures
Saesee Tiin (Fan Club)
Plo Koon (Fan Club)
Han Solo with Gunner Station

Action Fleet
Slave I
Snowspeeder

Banthaholic
10-16-2003, 07:04 PM
An update on GH
"84715 00A (LATE JANUARY) HALL OF FAME SERIES

1X HOF CHEWBACCA
1X HOF R2-D2
1X HOF C-3P0
1X HOF OBI-WAN KENOBI
1X HOF ANAKIN SKYWALKER
1X HOF STORMTROOPER
1X HOF YODA
1X HOF DARTH MAUL
1X HOF PRINCESS LEIA
1X HOF DARTH VADER
1X HOF LUKE SKYWALKER

84715 00B (DATE TBA)

1X GENERAL DODONNA
1X CAPTAIN ANTILLES
1X ADMIRAL OZZEL
1X DENGAR
2X BESPIN PRINCESS LEIA
2X CLOUD CAR PILOT
2X LOBOT
1X TIE FIGHTER PILOT
1X GOLD LEADER

84715 00G (DATE TBA)

1X GOLD LEADER
1X TIE FIGHTER PILOT
1X GENERAL DODONNA
1X ENDOR HAN SOLO
2X SLY MOORE
2X CORUSCANT PABLO JILL
2X WOOKIE SENATOR
1X R2-D2 (DAGOBAH)
1X CLOUD CAR PILOT

From Swami's previous reading, you already know that the Hall Of Fame assortment are reissues of previously released figures, which Hasbro designates in this all star line up for being one of the better interpretations for these key characters in the saga.

Swami foresees that in 2004, Target will receive 3 different sets of vintage Burger King glasses, which come with a packed in figure and accompanying base.

Also coming to Kaybee stores will be an exclusive 12" ARC Trooper!

Once again, Swami warns that the Hasbro spirits can be fickle indeed. He keeps seeing the words "Products and colors may vary". But Swami is confident in his powers, especially with a daily ritual of burning annoying pegwarmers in a funeral pyre to please the collecting gods! Believe in The Power of the Swami!"

plo koon 200
10-16-2003, 08:18 PM
Next years sounds better and better. I don't know about the 12" Arc Trooper but I think it is time that the 12" line got some EU figures.

Turbowars
10-16-2003, 10:39 PM
The 12" ARC will be cool, I guess, but it would be nice if they used a new Clone and not the bulky EPII one's. SO if Hasbro is releasing the Hall of Fame figures, are they going to be in a different package or are the going to be like the rehashes we are getting now? I guess we shall see. I also wonder if Hasbro is going to call them Hall of Fame. I would like to see more new stuff rather than these, but Hasbro insists on ****-ing collectors off.

jedihunter25
10-16-2003, 10:47 PM
84715 00A (LATE JANUARY) should be called "HALL OF PEG WARMERS SERIES"

Turbowars
10-16-2003, 11:05 PM
84715 00A (LATE JANUARY) should be called "HALL OF PEG WARMERS SERIES" You know non of the rehashes are warming the pegs around here. They seem to sell well and I think Hasbro knows that, or maybe not, they just got lucky.:D

Beast
10-16-2003, 11:11 PM
Depends on who they choose. There is a few past figures for each of those characters that would sell really well if re-issued. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
10-16-2003, 11:26 PM
Depends on who they choose. There is a few past figures for each of those characters that would sell really well if re-issued. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks Oh without a doubt JJB, but we never know with hasbro. They most likey will use figures from POTJ. I can't see them using to many POTF2 figures, but a few like some popular commtechs.:)

jedihunter25
10-16-2003, 11:47 PM
I'll pick up a few more Stormies, too bad the Anakin isn't a new one- I wish they would make one in a neutral pose, without a facial expression, with a robe similar to Obi & Qui-Gon from TPM, and comes with swapping arms (peg style, not magnet).

Banthaholic
10-16-2003, 11:59 PM
You know non of the rehashes are warming the pegs around here. They seem to sell well and I think Hasbro knows that, or maybe not, they just got lucky.:D
Too true. what upsets me about the re-releases, is that they are shortpacked. Which is good for collectores that want new stuff and don't want the re-releases to warm pegs.
Although for there intended to purpose, to keep core charcters fresh in kid's minds, as well as spark interest for new collectors, these fail, since there short-packed they aren't readily available. One of those glass half full/half emppty kind've dilemas.

All in all it's looking to becoming an expensive year, although there will be alot of nice products to buy.

I'm kind've curious what type of figures will be released with the Burger King-like glasses. It'd be nice if they'd have either army builders, or various astromechs, although I wouldn't be totally shocked if they had some sort of 'vintage' revamped figure with it.

jedihunter25
10-16-2003, 11:59 PM
I'll pick up a few more Stormies, too bad the Anakin isn't a new one- I wish they would make one in a neutral pose, without a facial expression, with a robe similar to Obi & Qui-Gon from TPM, and comes with swapping arms (peg style, not magnet).

O yeah, a new AOTC Obi with a robe would be nice too.

Beast
11-04-2003, 08:30 AM
Looks like this rumor list is coming true, what with Hasbro's latest annoucements. So if the rest of the list turns out to be true, we should be some very happy campers in 2004. What with often requested figures like:

Wookie Senator Yarua
Pablo Jill: Jedi Master
Sly Moore
Princess Leia: Bespin Gown
Cloud Car Pilot
Lobot - (Retooled)
R2-D2: Dagobah

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks