PDA

View Full Version : Never mind. I was beat to the punch.

Turbowars
10-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Here's what is rumored. Admiral Ozzel, Tie Pilot with improved articulation, Cloud Car Pilot, Bespin Gown leia, Lobot, Dagobah R2, Dengar, Gold leader X-wing Pilot, Endor Han, Sly Moore, Senator Yarua, Pablo Jill, Ultra Ewok 2 pack with Catapult, B' ommar Monk and Bubo, Target Sandcrawler, Target SW drinking glasses with exclusive pack in figures, new Tie w/ accurately scaled wings, hew colored Y-Wing and X-Wing (Gold Leader), Multipacks: Naboo Final battle, Pit of Carkoon and Jedi Council with Shaak-Ti. I guess we will just have to wait and see. List from GH.

Battle Droid
10-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Nevermind. :p

Vegeta Jr
10-12-2003, 07:01 PM
What might "GH" stand for?

plo koon 200
10-12-2003, 07:36 PM
Galactichunter.com

Kidhuman
10-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Galactichunter.com

You said a dirty word, you said a dirty word

plo koon 200
10-13-2003, 06:04 PM
My apologies but it was necessary to educate our new guests.

Val Da Car
10-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Ok, this is a DUMB question but how far off are the Tie Fighter's (newly released SAGA) wing off scale with the model?

cm, mm or inches.....

like the original Scale of the TF was to have 16inch wings versus the 12 inch wings it has now?

turbowars mommy
10-14-2003, 02:01 PM
Ok, this is a DUMB question but how far off are the Tie Fighter's (newly released SAGA) wing off scale with the model?

cm, mm or inches.....

like the original Scale of the TF was to have 16inch wings versus the 12 inch wings it has now?

they are about half the size they should be

plo koon 200
10-14-2003, 04:19 PM
I have a question what did turbowars mommy do to get banned. It appears I have missed all the action. This person only has one post and is banned. Someone has to tell me what happened.

Val Da Car
10-14-2003, 06:35 PM
it appears tm said some very un-familylike things about TB. Thanks for banning the idiot.

Turbowars
10-14-2003, 07:13 PM
I have a question what did turbowars mommy do to get banned. It appears I have missed all the action. This person only has one post and is banned. Someone has to tell me what happened.LOL, go to the Turbowars is Back thread in Other forum and you will see. :D

plo koon 200
10-14-2003, 10:02 PM
Thanks. You have quite a mom there turbowars. Now that really isn't your mom... :rolleyes: or is it. :eek: Just Kidding around turbowars. :Pirate:

Turbowars
10-14-2003, 10:05 PM
Thanks. You have quite a mom there turbowars. Now that really isn't your mom... :rolleyes: or is it. :eek: Just Kidding around turbowars. :Pirate: LOL. I know, isn't she the greatest! I think it's old Wonderboy himself. He must have had nothing better to do.;)

JediTricks
10-17-2003, 07:49 PM
cm, mm or inches.... like the original Scale of the TF was to have 16inch wings versus the 12 inch wings it has now?I did some computations and figured that the Saga TIE Fighter's wings are about 33% shorter than they should be. They're currently around 23cm tall but should be around either 36.5cm or 34cm tall depending on whether you gauge them on the height of the central pod or the width of the TIE Fighter.

Val Da Car
10-17-2003, 08:17 PM
I did some computations and figured that the Saga TIE Fighter's wings are about 33% shorter than they should be. They're currently around 23cm tall but should be around either 36.5cm or 34cm tall depending on whether you gauge them on the height of the central pod or the width of the TIE Fighter.

Very cool indeed...but you know way too much about that....btw where did you find the specs cause I love stuff like that....

this is a cool site I review for ship size

http://www.merzo.net/

JediTricks
10-17-2003, 09:01 PM
I measured the Saga version's pod height, overall width, and wing height, then measured the same on the Galoob Die Cast version which is as close as it gets to accurate TIE Fighter measurements in the toy world (I applied the DC version to pics in the SW Chronicles and the drawings in the Essential Guide) , then compared the numbers based on pod height and then on overall width. I didn't want to base it on length since there's some variation on this with the film props (there's some variation on all the dimensions, but this is the one I thought could be most easily fudged on the toys anyway ;)).