PDA

View Full Version : Wanna know what i hate?

Bobajames
10-13-2003, 06:25 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Ya there's lots of things to get mad at for me, but tonight I hate the dumb**** (fill in the blank on that one) who likes to pull the fire alarm in my college dorms at 4:00 in the morning so that everyone wakes up, goes downstairs, stands there for a minute, and I can't go back to sleep and it is now 6:15 and I'm up reading my Star Wars forums. Why is pulling a fire alarm funny? :confused: (was that a run-on sentence?) :mad: :mad: :mad: :cry:

EricRG
10-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Yeah, it sucks, but standing outside at godawful hours of the morning listening to that annoying sound is an undergrad tradition at all campuses. I always suspected the fratboys, myself.

JEDIpartner
10-13-2003, 12:52 PM
So... stick a piece of gum or vaseline in the levers. It won't render the alam mechanisms inoperable but it sure will give him a surprise. :evil:

2-1B
10-13-2003, 01:04 PM
I hate coconut.

Jargo
10-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Me too. Makes me vomit.

RooJay
10-13-2003, 03:11 PM
I hate when people don't use their turn signals while driving. I also hate when people tailgate me. Also, I hate when people will pull off of a side street right in front of me rather than waiting until I pass, and then they drive slower than the speed limit.
Also, I hate ignorance in general, and also the lack of courtesy and basic human decency that seems so prevalent in society nowadays.
There are no people that I hate, though I do hate a lot of the things that a lot of people do.

There is more which I may choose to share at a later date. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to rant! :happy:

JetsAndHeels
10-13-2003, 03:37 PM
What I hate is when I am in Wal-Mart, Target, etc and it never fails: it doesn't matter what I want to get to and look at, there will be someone or a group of folks standing around talking or whatever blocking the aisle. The day, time, whatever does not matter, whenever I go in there it is bound to happen.
It isn't as bad on the toy aisle necessarily for me, but it is where the cards are. Since the pokemon and yu gi oh cards are placed in the same spot where the football cards are, I have to fight through a hoard of younglings just to get a pack of upper deck football.
Just part of being in public sometimes.

James Boba Fettfield
10-13-2003, 03:50 PM
Hey bobajames, we had one of those last year the night before the Michigan game and it turned out to be a real fire on the 11th floor. I came out of my room half naked and dazed. It was from being asleep, I swear! I was never so cold standing outside in the morning hours.

On a related note, we had a false one here Friday night, but that was around 9 or 10pm, so I was still awake and coherent enough to open the door, stand in the hall, and look normal.

Anakin2121
10-13-2003, 05:03 PM
I hate when people don't use their turn signals while driving.

So do I. I guess they're trying to conserve their "Flicker fluid." :p

RooJay
10-13-2003, 05:23 PM
So do I. I guess they're trying to conserve their "Flicker fluid." :p

I've noticed that most of these people seem to already have their hands full whilst talking on their cell-phones, and thus do not have a free finger with which to flick their signals on. :stupid:

Jargo
10-13-2003, 07:05 PM
I hate cell phones. And especially I hate people who drive and use them. If a call is that important and it rarely is then pull over and make/take it. GRRRRRR!

JetsAndHeels
10-13-2003, 07:21 PM
About cell phones-at the movies you see the note on the screen to turn them off during the film. They might as well not even bother because it never fails every time I go to the movies someone gets a call and just sits there, carrying on a full conversation without getting up and leaving. Now I have gotten calls during movies (and I always set the phone on vibrate) from my girlfriend and such but I always get up and go out. Its just common courtesy. People don't pay to hear your conversations in the theater.

Darth Jax
10-13-2003, 09:54 PM
part of living in the dorms means a practice fire alarm yearly. i was an RA for a couple of years so we were told about them ahead of time. fire department officials were present with stop watches. if things didn't go quickly enough we were warned that it would be repeated (never was though).

i was watching at the theater watching a movie when the alarm went off. some idiot had pulled the lever for fun. they stopped the flick and we all milled around outside for awhile. let us finish the movie and gave free pass to ensure that all in attendance would come back.

i always assumed blinkers were optional and folks just didn't want to spring for them.

i hate the blowhards on call-in radio talkshows. the host, in their infinite and always coorect wisdom, never let the callers get a coherent thought out let alone finish a sentence.

Bobajames
10-13-2003, 10:25 PM
ya this wasn't a scheduled fire drill or anything, it is the third time this semester already that they have pulled it at an ungodly hour (2:00, 3:30, and now 4:00). I hate freshmen (except myself). there have already been a few others here at other hours like midnight and in the afternoon... i didn't get as angry about those.
but on the lighter side... (since i couldn't sleep) i am now on my way to having the abs i've always wanted, sleeping comfortably, making millions of dollars and am in the process of viewing a strange behavior exhibited by females who go on spring break. I think it's called Going Wild or something...

JetsAndHeels
10-13-2003, 10:33 PM
I can remember the same thing happening when I was in college. Someone would pull the alarm and run back to their room. All I could remember was having to get up and stand outside the building until it was clear to go back in. I tell you, there isn't quite a sight as a dorm full of guys standing outside at 3am in the middle of November in their boxers. Not the high point of my college career needless to say.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-13-2003, 10:48 PM
hehehehehehehehe Ah, the pulling of the fire alarm is a common thing in dorm life. I remember last year these fratties down the hall pulled it nearly every weekend. It came to the point where if there was an alarm, i'd just stay in bed until the RA pounded on my door to get my arse up. It subsided though when one of the guys who was doing it on a regular basis got caught and pummeled by a fella on the floor. :D

One humorous incident i remember is that one sat morning at like 3:30 am some schmuck pulled the alarm and we trotted outside and my friend, Ellie, was hella drunk. She began to watch the RA's move people back (you have to be so far away from the building). We were like "Ellie, go help them out!" So, her drunken butt goes runnning up and down the row of people pushing them back yelling, "Get back!! Get back!!!" I think how hard/how long i laughed made up for any inconveinence of having to roll outta bed that early. :D

It hasn't been that bad this year though; just the occasional drunkard who hits that glass case off that causes another annoying ringing noise. The guy claimed that when he knocked it off, it didn't ring. Lo'n behold, when he did it again, it began ringing. A-- :D

Bobajames
10-13-2003, 11:16 PM
We got guys & gals here in these dorms... ooh baby.... :D :stupid: :sur: :crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-14-2003, 07:41 AM
:sur: Holy crap, Tycho. That's all i'll say. Holy crap.

jeddah
10-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Pet Hate 1 I hate when I'm waiting in a queue at the cashpoint (ATM) and there is someone in front who puts their cashpoint card back in the cashpoint after they've done whatever it is they want to do instead of pressing 'other services'. Then they invariably stay stood infront of the console reading their balance, or counting the cash and faffing around.

Pet Hate 2 Havetoberights - People who cannot deal with being challenged and cannot take criticism because they cannot see past their own ego.

I am sure I can think of many others, I am quite misanthropic by nature :D

jeddah

Kidhuman
10-15-2003, 12:15 PM
I hate coconut too. I hate cell phones. I hate broccolli and asparagus and spinach. I hate Blatant stupidity. I hate the curbside congragations when I amtrying to work into a store. I hate people who rush me. I hate nagging. I hate extremely hot weather. I hate coffee. I hate rats and bats. I hate when I dont have clean socks. I hate cleaning bathrooms. I hate waking up. I hate not knowing what else I hate.

Boba James, back in High School I used to ride the train to and from school. At least once a week, some knucklehead would go and yank the emergency brake and leave us stuck for 20 minutes while they reset it. I hated that. Always made me late for afternoon cartoons.

Turbowars
10-15-2003, 09:06 PM
Man, a "I hate list" could get real long in my life. One thing that I hate is when I wake up at 4 am to get dressed and my work pants are still in the washer and not the dryer. Oh and how about my last pair of socks in the drawer are mismatched, I'm not taking about style, I'm taking about one's my wives little size 6 and the other is my size 12.

billfremore
10-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Gotta agree with Jeddah on the ATM beef.

Why is it that things that are supposed to speed things up for us tend to slow us down due to really stupid people?

For example:

Bank Machines
Why is it that everytime I want to pull some money out the yahoo in front of me is doing his banking for the month?

Movie Kiosks
What I hate are idiots in front of you who are deciding what movie they are going to watch by scrolling through the movies on the screen. Who goes to a movie without knowing what they're going to see?

Grocery checkouts
Yes they have these too now so you can scan your own groceries. there is a specific way to use these things: scan an item, put it in the bag so the weight sensors can verify you did, repeat this process until done and then pay and remove your bags. Why does this seem like rocket science to some people?

So I guess I'm wondering why every idiot in the world incapable of operating an automated system is ALWAYS IN FRONT OF ME!?!

Ok rant done, I feel better now.

InsaneJediGirl
10-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Sucks about the fire alarm Boba James.In High School some middle schoolers would pull the alarm during gym,right when everyone was changing into P.E. clothes.Loosers :D

Anyways,I hate :
-People who bring kids to PG-13 and up movies
-People who dont put cellphones on vibrate in movies
-The excuse used for kids who act up "Well,He doesnt have a father".Not my problem
-People who tailgate
-People who dont use blinkers
-People grooming while going 75+ mph down the interstate
-Those who come behind you in the grocery store line with 1 item when you have close to 100
-People who block the isles in the store on purpose.More buying,less talking

Thats all I can think of now,theres so many to hate.;)

Kidhuman
10-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Oh yeah, I also hate my Wal-Mart. And people who drive fast cars and do less than the speed limit

JetsAndHeels
10-16-2003, 09:05 PM
The one about people blocking the aisles in stores could probably be my #1 all time thing I hate. Like I posted earlier, it does not matter what it is I am looking for. It could be a winter coat in the middle of July and these people will be right there, in my way.
Another thing I failed to mention is when in public when people talk very loud. This seems to happen alot when I go to the movies, when I am sitting in the theater 10 or 15 minutes before the show starts. A big mouth or a group of folks come in and HAVE to sit right behind me so I hear every detail of their pathetic lives. I always move to another seat, and the second group comes in to sit behind me. So it goes.

Turbowars
10-16-2003, 09:11 PM
I have a beef with using the blinker. I personaly don't use it on the freeway, because when I do the A holes wont let you over. When you drive alot like me it's nice to get home ASAP. So Don't hate me, just hate what I do.;)

RooJay
10-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Who goes to a movie without knowing what they're going to see?

Speaking as a former theater manager - you'd be surprised at how many of those people there actually are. It's even worse when these people finally reach the front of the line after standing in it for ten or fifteen minutes and then decide that they finally need to stare at the marquee above the box office for another ten minutes trying to figure out what it is they want to see. Often these same people don't even seem to know what ANY of the movies are about, and need the plot of each and every film explained to them before they make their decision; all the while, the line behind them just keeps getting longer and longer, and more and more of the angry people in it "want to talk to the manager". Kinda glad I finally got out of that business...

Come to think of it - I also hate it when people want to "talk to the manager" just to ask me if I can open another ticket window. If I were ever capable of doing that in those situations I would think it painfully obvious that I actually would. I mean, it's not like I've ever actually wanted to have to listen to customers complain about anything. If I were able to open another box office window, no one would ever even have to ask me to do so; the window would already be open before they had the chance. :stupid:

RooJay
10-16-2003, 10:54 PM
I have a beef with using the blinker. I personaly don't use it on the freeway, because when I do the A holes wont let you over. When you drive alot like me it's nice to get home ASAP. So Don't hate me, just hate what I do.;)

Interesting. I've always wanted to discuss this very topic with someone of that particular philosophy; my opinions on the subject happen to be on the opposite end of the spectrum. I've always suspected that there are two mindsets regarding the blinkers. One is that using one's blinkers signifies a request to be allowed to change lanes. The other is that using one's blinkers indicates a warning of one's intention to change lanes; which, I have always believed to be the original intent behind the creation of blinkers.
When I turn on my signals, it's not a request of what I'd like to do, but rather a warning of what I'm about to do - whether anyone else on the road wants me to or not. When I use my signals, I offer any other driver only one option - to be aware of my actions and stay out of my way. In that way, I believe myself to be a PROactive driver as opposed to being a REactive driver.
I really don't care if there's someone on the road who doesn't want to let me to come into their lane - if I need to, I will do it regardless. So I feel "why not obey the law and use my signals?"
Don't get me wrong though, I never take chances in the car, never drive faster than is safe to do so, never drive recklessly, and never instigate "situations", but I do take driving very seriously and I certainly never take it for granted.

I should also state for the record that, while I may hate a lot of the things people do, I do not hate anyone personally.

Also...I hate hatred, but...I am only human so what can ya do? ;)

RooJay
10-23-2003, 09:55 PM
I hate when good threads die quick deaths. ;)

Kidhuman
10-23-2003, 09:58 PM
I hate when good threads die quick deaths. ;)

I second that. I hate when I second things too

RooJay
10-28-2003, 02:51 PM
I hate when I'm in the "10 items or less" express lane at the store with my one or two items, and the person in front of me has a cart full of merchandise to pay for. Especially when it turns out that person needs to pay by check (doubly so when that person has to wait until all the items are rung up before they whip out their checkbook to start writing), and/or decides that he/she needs to haggle over a presumed sixty cent price discrepancy that turns out to be imaginary anyway.

billfremore
10-28-2003, 04:20 PM
I hate it when people tell you your opinion is wrong.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-28-2003, 04:31 PM
I hate it when people blow their nose hardcore while you're eating. I mean, sneezing, yeah, it sometimes comes up suddenly, but Jesus, if you're going to blow your nose, leave the room, wait till you leave the dining area or something! :D

mtriv73
10-28-2003, 05:12 PM
I hate dandelions and the fact that you can't buy bottle rockets anywhere within 500 miles of here.

James Boba Fettfield
10-28-2003, 08:22 PM
I discovered something I hate about message boards. I was looking through the ones I frequent daily, and I noticed whenever I see a thread that's been posted in the wrong section of the forum, it always gets responses that go:

"Wrong section, this will be moved."
"Yeah, this is the wrong place for this."
"You know this is going to be moved, right?"

Why do people feel the need to respond to a thread and say things like that! I agree, it's good to have organization of forums, but do the members of forums need to reply to a thread just to say it's in the wrong spot? Maybe it's just me, but it ireally rks me to see people do that. Just notify the proper people who will get the thing moved and bam, that's all you got to do. Please don't think I mean just our forums here at SSG, I am a member of others (Fangoria, Met Club, etc.)

Turbowars
10-28-2003, 08:30 PM
I discovered something I hate about message boards. I was looking through the ones I frequent daily, and I noticed whenever I see a thread that's been posted in the wrong section of the forum, it always gets responses that go:

"Wrong section, this will be moved."
"Yeah, this is the wrong place for this."
"You know this is going to be moved, right?"

Why do people feel the need to respond to a thread and say things like that! I agree, it's good to have organization of forums, but do the members of forums need to reply to a thread just to say it's in the wrong spot? Maybe it's just me, but it ireally rks me to see people do that. Just notify the proper people who will get the thing moved and bam, that's all you got to do. Please don't think I mean just our forums here at SSG, I am a member of others (Fangoria, Met Club, etc.) LOL, I know the ones that do that here constantly.