PDA

View Full Version : New Carded Pics, FC#4, Vida, Kenobi, Elan, Padme, Bail and Dignitary

OCB
10-15-2003, 08:32 AM
overlord307 (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=overlord307&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25) (who else) has pictures up of the next wave of Saga figures

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander)
Elan Sleazebaggano (Outlander)
Ayy Vida (Outlander)
Padme (Tatooine)
McQuarrie Stormtrooper
Bail Organa
Imperial Dignitary #1

These should be out Stateside within a couple of weeks. I can't wait to get the Sketchtrooper!

SirSteve
10-15-2003, 09:40 AM
overlord307 (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=overlord307&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25) (who else) has pictures up of the next wave of Saga figures

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander)
Elan Sleazebaggano (Outlander)
Ayy Vida (Outlander)
Padme (Tatooine)
McQuarrie Stormtrooper
Bail Organa
Imperial Dignitary #1

These should be out Stateside within a couple of weeks. I can't wait to get the Sketchtrooper!
We had these posted in News (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=29667)....

TheDarthVader
10-15-2003, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the link. Most of the time I do not go to the news page.

Old Fossil
10-15-2003, 03:31 PM
These all look good, though I'm not really interested in Elan or Ayy Vida. I like the Obi-Wan; looks like one of the best sculpts to date. Bail Organa is a must-have, though; and the Concept Stormtrooper will look good among my few MOC figures.

The DIGNITARIES are the real gems here. I want 2 of each -- one to open, and one to keep carded, like I used to do with all my figures.

I'll probably buy this Padme -- if I do, it'll be the first one I've bought since Pilot Padme. I like that swanky blue outfit better than her other EpII getups...except for the black one. Wonder if we'll ever see that one in action figure form?...

Billy_Dee_Binks
10-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Rebelscum also got some pictures (bigger ones from Action HQ).
I really like Obi Wan even if he´s missing a lightsabre and he still doesn´t have that infamous smirk. Elan is a nice figure even if he doesn´t resemble the actor but rather the character. I am quite surprised even the cardback picture still shows the actor with the human ears. Lucas had those edited in March 2002. It´s time others notice that. Kind of a cheap move from Hasbro no to change the scanned data. Bail seems a bit paler than the prototype back at the Comic Con in Chicago did but I can live with that (kinda rembers me to POTJ Shmi´s downside point).
Padmé still is a little mysterie to me. Seems like Hasbro didn´t
give her white painted eyballs and just made brown dots on her skin for the pupills. Kinda like older action figures had in Kenners
golden decades.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-15-2003, 04:25 PM
These all look good. I like Obi-Wan's Jedi Mind Trick hand pose! Elan's face looks oddly flat, but maybe it's just the picture. Ayy Vida shouldn't have a silver thing around her neck, but it's still very nice. Was Padmé's hair really like that in the movie? The picture seems more accurate, but even that just looks like a publicity photo.

Turbowars
10-15-2003, 06:58 PM
They all look nice in the package, the Obi is just so boring. The stormy sure has grown on me since the poll. I really like it now. It might be because I came across a nice Empire Strikes back Portfolio by McQuarrie. The pictures are panoramic and some are just awesome! I'd like to frame all 24. I'll be getting a few of each from this wave.

TheDarthVader
10-15-2003, 07:09 PM
I hate to admit it, but I bashed to concept stormtrooper in a post about 4-5 months ago. I did not like the idea. But seeing the figure in the package now...I like it. I was wrong to have bashed it but the final product looks cool. I will have to buy one now! :D

Hellboy
10-15-2003, 09:00 PM
The figures all look great IMO but when is Hasbro going to start making the accessories with a harder plastic again? First we got Faytonni's warped table and now the ring around the base of Ayy Vida's bar stool is nowhere close to being a perfect circle. It's pretty bad when you can see these problems even before opening. Someone at Hasbro needs to invest in some glasses. :stupid:

Imperial_Outpost
10-16-2003, 09:32 AM
Can't wait to get my hands on the McQuarrie Stormtrooper. It's been a while since I've wanted a figure this much...

JEDIpartner
10-16-2003, 11:07 AM
I'm much more excited about the Concept Stormtrooper now that I've seen the final production piece on the card. I wasn't too convinced from the looks of the show piece. The Obi-Wan head sculpts seem to be getting better and better but they still haven't quite nailed it. They keep making his hair too shaggy or the colour of the hair seems to be the wrong colour of paint. This one is pretty good despite the "you don't want to sell me any death sticks" hand pose.

This really looks to be a pretty decent wave all the way around. Yea! :happy:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-17-2003, 04:21 PM
Will Achk Med-Beq ship with this wave, or will he be added later? He will go along nicely with Ayy Vida.

OCB
10-22-2003, 10:31 AM
Beq is coming later with the second dignitary and the Hoth Wave