PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new feature...



SirSteve
11-28-2001, 06:18 PM
Have you ever wanted to just read the replies from a particular person in a long thread? Well, now you can!

Here is how:

Visit any one of the forums and click on the # of replies for any one of the threads (select one with a lot of posts for better results).

Click on the # of posts next to a username in the "Who Posted"
pop-up window

The result: you will get a page looking and behaving exactly like use to for that thread (for those that used it in the past), however it will include ONLY posts by that specific poster.

You can reply to the thread, quote a post, everything as if you were in the full thread.

You can also jump directly to the location of a specific post, by clicking on the post count to the right side of the post.

Enjoy!

Also, there was an update to the Photo Upload thread here:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=931

Be sure to check that out as well.

master jedi
11-28-2001, 08:30 PM
cool. this is quite a useful feature for me. I know it'll probably be for GNT too.:)

AARRR:Pirate:

GNT
11-29-2001, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
cool. this is quite a useful feature for me. I know it'll probably be for GNT too.:)

Guess I have to upload an image :)


Have you ever wanted to just read the replies from a particular person in a long thread? Well, now you can!

Not really but seems like a cool new feature I'll have to try :)

SirSteve
11-29-2001, 08:14 AM
master jedi... I don't think that picture is of yourself. The whole idea behind the Photo Upload feature is to have a PHOTO of yourself (or in my case, almost yourself) so people can see who you are.... Because a lot of people are just uploading their avatar or something else not related, I am going to add a feature where the photo has to be approved before it gets posted.

master jedi
11-29-2001, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
master jedi... I don't think that picture is of yourself. The whole idea behind the Photo Upload feature is to have a PHOTO of yourself (or in my case, almost yourself) so people can see who you are.... Because a lot of people are just uploading their avatar or something else not related, I am going to add a feature where the photo has to be approved before it gets posted.

Ok. I'll change my pic. I knew it was too good to be true.

SirSteve
11-29-2001, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by master jedi


Ok. I'll change my pic. I knew it was too good to be true.

The feature or you wishing that was really you?

;)

master jedi
11-29-2001, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve


The feature or you wishing that was really you?

;)

Both.:)

2-1B
03-26-2006, 12:39 AM
I fell for it MJ, I totally thought that was really you. :)

JimJamBonds
03-26-2006, 12:42 AM
A soon to be new feature in a couple of weeks....... no posters!

JediTricks
03-26-2006, 01:18 PM
this feature isn't even supported on the system anymore. hasn't been for a while.