PDA

View Full Version : You Wont Believe This Super Ultra Big Spoiler

plo koon 200
10-16-2003, 08:33 PM
Before you read this let me warn you that this deals with Padme's death. I also recommend that if you don't wish to know about Padme's death don't visit TFN for a couple of days. Now on with the spoiler. This is from Darth Friday

Obi-Wan was sent to the new planet to "break up" a meeting of the Separatists at the location. Padme also has tracked down Anakin there. When she finds Anakin, he has already dispatched all the Seperatist leaders.
She is still not full term yet in her pregnancy. Anakin only believes she is pregnant with one child.

Anakin force-chokes Padme and throws her aside as Obi-Wan ignites his saber and the duel begins.

When the twins are born, it is not due to Padme going into labor, but out of necessity to rescue them from her before she passes.

The twins are born on a brand new never-before seen world.

Let me tell you I'm really lost by this. I can't believe that it is Anakin that is responsioble about Padme's death. I wish I knew more.

InsaneJediGirl
10-16-2003, 08:45 PM
This to me,doesnt sound all too believeable.

First,Leia remembers her mother.Its impossible to remember at birth.ROTJ would also have a large plot hole.Second,if it is true,and Padme is choked and Obi-Wan and Anakin duel,the twins would be dead.Not because of the fact they would be premature,but by the time someone would do a C-Section,so much oxygen would be lost.

plo koon 200
10-16-2003, 08:50 PM
The report never says Padme dies. She is seriously injured. What could happen is that she dies giving child birth. There are lots of females that die giving birth. This may be no excpetion. What could have happened is that Luke is born first, taken aside because of Leia and then Leia is born. She briefly holds Leia, looks on her because she is about to die (sad) and then passes away. How's that? Anything is possible in the Star Wars world.

What I'm really thinking about is the implications this has for Star Wars overall. Imagine how much more powerful it would make ROTJ when Vader sacrifices himself for his son. This was the man who killed his own pregnant wife. Drama at its finest if it comes true. This is almost like a Greek Tragedy.

RooJay
10-17-2003, 12:46 AM
Riiiiiight... :rolleyes:

Tycho
10-17-2003, 01:08 AM
I'm with InsaneJediGirl: I find it hard to believe.

I also wonder if the audience will be shown there are twins, or not?

I still think it's a good idea to cover up there being 2, saving a surprise for ROTJ.

If you put your mind to it, you could think up ways for them to do this - even if the above scene is real.

I just cannot see Anakin doing that to his wife. I mean 3-4 years of marriage, where he's hardly home, and he turns into O.J. Simpson???

kdp100
10-17-2003, 05:26 AM
Anakin force-chokes Padme and throws her aside as Obi-Wan ignites his saber and the duel begins.

Maybe Anakin doesn't *realize* the person he is choking is Padme until it's too late? Given her penchant for disguising herself and travelling incognito, it's quite possible she's in some costume, mask or helmet that makes it impossible to recognize her until she's lying dead on the ground.

Even if Anakin realizes his assailant is female, there's no reason for us to expect him to "pull his punches" - we've seen in AOTC how Anakin and Obi-Wan don't loosen-up on Zam Wesell when they've wounded and captured her.

Maybe Anakin will blame the Jedi Order for "setting Padme up", and maybe that's one of the events that push him over the edge.

I'm not sure how plausible a posthumous birth for the twins will seem, though...

stillakid
10-17-2003, 07:32 AM
Before you read this let me warn you that this deals with Padme's death. I also recommend that if you don't wish to know about Padme's death don't visit TFN for a couple of days. Now on with the spoiler. This is from Darth Friday

Obi-Wan was sent to the new planet to "break up" a meeting of the Separatists at the location. Padme also has tracked down Anakin there. When she finds Anakin, he has already dispatched all the Seperatist leaders.
She is still not full term yet in her pregnancy. Anakin only believes she is pregnant with one child.

When the twins are born, it is not due to Padme going into labor, but out of necessity to rescue them from her before she passes.

The twins are born on a brand new never-before seen world.

Let me tell you I'm really lost by this. I can't believe that it is Anakin that is responsioble about Padme's death. I wish I knew more.

Let's put it this way: if true, Lucas will have successfully "choked" off just about all hope for the Prequels, not that there is much left.

Anakin simply can't know about the pregnancy if the OT films are to work the way they were meant to.

Silly. Just plain silly.

kdp100
10-17-2003, 08:13 AM
Anakin simply can't know about the pregnancy if the OT films are to work the way they were meant to.

Silly. Just plain silly.

Unless Anakin/Vader assumes that an unborn child died with Padme....

The Overlord Returns
10-17-2003, 10:29 AM
I still say Padme's "death" is only something that anakin believes has happened......it's much simpler that way...if he think's his pregnant wife is dead...he assumes the fetus' are as well.

JEDIpartner
10-17-2003, 10:37 AM
...he assumes the fetus' are as well.

Fetus IS. Remember... Vader didn't know about Leia until Luke's thoughts gave her up.

Tycho
10-17-2003, 12:17 PM
STILLAKID:

"To protect you both from the Emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born."

1) This does not say that Vader didn't know he had a living child.

2) This does not even say that the Emperor didn't know!

I truly think Vader will ask Obi-Wan to raise his child, or take him to Tatooine to live with Owen and Beru (Anakin's life that might have been, had he never met Qui-Gon, he wishes for his son. A place that would be safe from the Empire).

Anyway, nothing that negates the original trilogy is being said.

However, I still don't like the idea of Anakin killing Padme. By mistake, it's tragic and I can appreciate the irony in that.

In my prospective plotline, I had Anakin damning himself because he killed Dooku, only too late to learn that Dooku was his father. I still like this idea.

Maybe in the same vein, Lucas is having Anakin kill a Separatist or Rebel Senator, only too late to learn that it was his very own wife.

Perhaps Obi-Wan brought her to real back in Anakin, and thus Anakin blames Obi-Wan for bringing her into the war zone, even though Anakin himself was the one that didn't hold back his punches.

It's easier to blame somebody else.

RooJay
10-17-2003, 12:36 PM
If this comes to pass, it most certainly does negate dialog from the OT as Leia would not be old enough to remember anything of her mother as she states she does in ROTJ - no matter how you spin it. The only way that could possibly fit is if actually turns out that Leia was 'full of it', and only thinks she remembers her mother. No two ways about it.
Of course, now that it's been brought up - I honestly don't recall anything in the OT that truly implies that Vader didn't know he had a son. In fact, I'm thinking that it may have been quite possible that he knew all along and either simply didn't know where Luke was, or that he himself was trying to hide Luke from the Emperor to save his son from his fate. I shall have to watch more closely for that. I'm not implying that this is certain, or even probable - just something to keep in mind.

Also, though I had not thought of it previously, it is quite possible that it just might turn out that Padme switches sides in Ep. 3 and allies herself with the Separatists. It makes at least some sense that if the Republic will eventually become the Empire, that it's possible the Separatists movement could be the very foundation of the Rebel Alliance. The latter could very conceivably be born out of the former.

The Overlord Returns
10-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Well, judging by spoilers I just read at TFN (and posted here!) it sounds like Palpatine lets the hammer drop on the Jedi midway through the film.....meaning that the separatists could become the alliance by the time of the climactic battle. In that case, Padme may have allied herself with Young Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Jar jar in one big stand against the newly named Emperor

Tycho
10-17-2003, 12:48 PM
I agree with Overlord and Roojay, except, Bail Organa and Mon Mothma will probably have to conduct their rebellion in secret, because Palpatine wouldn't wait 18 years to kill Organa with the Death Star, when he was taking shots at Padme left and right (Darth Maul, Zam Wessel, Jango Fett, Poggle the Lesser, Nute Gunray's life ambition), it's not like Organa was untouchable. Palpatine must have thought he was an ally.

But yes, I agree that the rebellion of the Separatists becomes the Alliance.

It's poetic irony that Palpatine created the Rebel Alliance.

But "I will yield the (emergency) powers that you have given me when this crisis has abated."

He must keep the appearance of a rebellion to hold onto martial law. But with Dooku dead, he can no longer control the rebellion.

I just think he mistakenly thinks he no longer has to, once he's declared himself Emperor.

The Overlord Returns
10-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Well, if you read the latest report, he actually did a little more tinkering with the clone trooper genes than we currently know about.....I think he declares himself emperor based on the strength of his army.....

However, if he spins it to the people that The Jedi are the real enemy, traitors to the republic, that continues his need for power longer. Once they are wiped out, the "separatists" will be the more noble Rebel group we all know and love. problem is, Palps can no longer control them as he has no man on the inside. Thus they become a legitimate force against the growing dictatorship of Palpatine's regime.....it is rather poetic that he created the means for his own destruction.....very Thanos like.

RooJay
10-17-2003, 01:57 PM
Well, if you read the latest report...

Surely you meant to say "if you read and believe the latest report". None of us can say for certain how accurate any of this is just yet. I think it best if we not just start assuming that it's all true.

The Overlord Returns
10-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Surely you meant to say "if you read and believe the latest report". None of us can say for certain how accurate any of this is just yet. I think it best if we not just start assuming that it's all true.

Yes yes that is what I meant...... :rolleyes:

plo koon 200
10-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Let me tell you this, even though I posted it I don't even believe it.

Jargo
10-17-2003, 03:17 PM
It's too over excited fanboy for me to believe a single word of anything that is posted at TFN. I do believe that TFN is posting stuff to keep their audience whether the reports be true or not. TFN have the most egg covered face of any star wars website going.