PDA

View Full Version : My deepest condolences to r2dee2 and her site, ToyForce

JediTricks
11-29-2001, 01:59 AM
Many of you may have heard by now that starwars.com is going to end hosting fan.sw.com sites in less than a month (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=13&show_article=1664). Users like r2dee2 and me (yes, I had a nothing site over there) didn't even email members to let them know that LFL was getting out of the free site business, so now they have a few short weeks to bring in all their files, of which ToyForce has a TON.

Anyway, my sincerest apologies to our good friend r2dee2, whose site is now homeless and whose hard work has been thrown down the toilet.

good shot jansen
11-29-2001, 07:40 AM
i know that in reality, that's probably not gonna happen, cause if ya do it fer one, ya gotta do it fer all, but r2's site has always been something special! definitely a cut above anything else out there.

she has tirelessly devoted long hours and expense in providing the if-so-facto star wars memorabilia site on the web.

she pay's no particular favorites to any one particular line in the star wars universe, just honest, complete reporting on everything that is out there.

i for one will be deeply saddened to see it taken off the web.:(

r2dee2
11-29-2001, 10:19 AM
Thank you VERY much JT and GSJ!!! I agree it was not very nice to have to find out from another source that I'd/we'd been kicked out of our free hosted space....Thrawn informed me and offered moving assistance, very generous of him with his already busy schedule:) ........but I've already started the ball rolling to move most of my stuff elsewhere:D I received a couple of offers of space and took Dustin Roberts up on his very kind offer, to be a part of his Twin Sun Times playground.....he is a nice guy who happens to post at Reblescum. Now I know there is "rivalry" among some of the other sites out there with SSG, but I've always felt everybody was a part of the whole. I will still be a regular poster to SSG, if I glean anything newsworthy....so....... look for me elsewhere.... perhaps it is a "good thing".... it will force me to go into uncharted territory in web page building:)

Thank you guys...you are the best :kiss:

jeddah
11-29-2001, 02:00 PM
Honk! :kiss:

That sucks R2 :( I condole you ;)

How much space does your website take.....?

jeddah

Baal
11-29-2001, 06:37 PM
What a loss. A site as good as R2's is destined for bigger and better things.

Phoenix) A bird fabled to be consumed by fire, and to rise again from its
ashes. Hence, an emblem of immortality.

Just let me know if there is anything I can help with.
Baal

vulcantouch
11-30-2001, 12:52 AM
. . . or if I should thank Her for the countless marriage proposals i've since gotten from round the world :happy:
either way, i'm, grateful to hear such content'll continue to exist at another location :D
vt
np: celine, "love can move mountains" (steve "silk" hurley dub)

LTBasker
11-30-2001, 06:12 AM
Shouldn't it be R2 having the delusions of grandeur? :evil:

R2, sorry to hear about your site. You might want to check out Angelfire to move to, they're kind of confusing and theres like one or two popup ads, but they do give 50 MBs of space to use. I figure that's kind of worth the couple pop-up adds. :D Hope you find a good replacement server.

good shot jansen
12-21-2001, 10:53 AM
you can now find her excellent site here! (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/main.htm)

i'm so glad you wuz able to find a new place to hang your hat (errrr...dome i mean!)

Obi-Don
12-30-2001, 09:26 AM
R2 glad you found a home.I added your site to my favorites list and will check it out in deail later.

r2dee2
01-22-2003, 10:13 PM
Just wanted to give a heads up that I've had to move again. Dustin Roberts very kindly gave me space for a year at twinsuntimes, but he is moving on to new projects.

You can now find me at R2's ToyForce (http://r2toyforce.net/) .....so VT you'll have to change your bookmark if you want to see your VTTIME (http://r2toyforce.net/vttime.htm) escapades :D

haggie
01-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Glad to see you bought yourself a domain name! No more worry about broken bookmarks if you relocate in the future. :)

vulcantouch
01-22-2003, 10:58 PM
maybe onea these years we can do a spring tea to complete the seasonal palette :happy:

JediTricks
01-23-2003, 05:27 AM
Cool URL, sorry you had to move again though.

r2dee2
09-28-2003, 03:17 PM
I had to look pretty far back to find this thread:)!

Sorry I have been absent from the GREAT MM forums, but as things change, I slow down in my collecting and there are no "certain" new releases in the MM future (other than the current rumors), I have been busy with "other" things, including an upcoming move to Hawaii:)

VT, I WILL be back and we can then resume our VTtimes...http://r2toyforce.net/vttime.htm

In the meantime, I'll still be checking in from time to time, but I'll be unable to "finish" up my webpage as I'd wanted....not that there is any hurry with SICQNUS's FANTASTIC site already out there:)!!!
http://www.sicqnus.com/

You guys are the greatest!! :kiss:

SWAFMAN
09-28-2003, 10:15 PM
aloha

I'm officially placing myself up for adoption, in case you're interested.
I've very low-maintenance, and I promise you'll hardly even know I'm (and the kids, too, BTW) there.

;)

be well.

JediTricks
09-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Totally understandable R2, and hope your move goes smoothly! :cool:

vulcantouch
10-01-2003, 12:05 AM
-whew, for a minute i was fraid i'd missed my chance to visit your big ol collection in person :cry: (i've been up for it, but visit-partner b'jr was, shall we say, Otherwise Engaged all summer :sur: ) so hawaii's only temporary eh? glad to hear it :)
vt

sicqnus
10-03-2003, 10:23 PM
I

In the meantime, I'll still be checking in from time to time, but I'll be unable to "finish" up my webpage as I'd wanted....not that there is any hurry with SICQNUS's FANTASTIC site already out there:)!!!

:cool: don't forget the sunglasses !
thank you for your compliments R2. I hope to see your next acquisitions pictured on your website in the future.

Aloah ! + flowers collar.

I know AFX "ActionFigureXpress" is located in Hawa´´ : 725 Kapiolani Boulevard, C-103, Honolulu, HI 96813 but I'm not sure they have an open store there.