PDA

View Full Version : I Hate AMOKTIME

Fede-Wan
10-17-2003, 07:44 PM
This thread, is only to say something.

I don't know where else to go.

i made an order to AMOKTIME.COM 5 months back; and they sent me a figure I didn't order. This figure costs 30 dollars. It's a lot. Of course they charged me for it.
I returned the figure, wanting my refund (Included the 12 dollars it cost me to ship it). And I'm still not getting the refund.

They owe me 42 dollars, and not only they didn't give me the money. They don't answer my emails.
I told them to send some figures ine xchange. They told me "Of course, tell us which figures you want"

They didn't send anything.

So this is a cautionary tale for every collector.

DON'T BUY FROM AMOKTIME.

The Satisfaction Guarantee link is a LIE.

I'll continue doing this everywhere I can. Till they give me what is mine.

So: DON'T BUY FROM AMOKTIME.

Dark Knight
10-17-2003, 08:14 PM
Dang that sucks! Thanks for letting us know. I sure that it wil be fixed. Have you tried to call them. I found out this is far the easiest way to tryto correct problems. E-mails can be lost but the phone cann't be silent.

This thread, is only to say something.

I don't know where else to go.

i made an order to AMOKTIME.COM 5 months back; and they sent me a figure I didn't order. This figure costs 30 dollars. It's a lot. Of course they charged me for it.
I returned the figure, wanting my refund (Included the 12 dollars it cost me to ship it). And I'm still not getting the refund.

They owe me 42 dollars, and not only they didn't give me the money. They don't answer my emails.
I told them to send some figures ine xchange. They told me "Of course, tell us which figures you want"

They didn't send anything.

So this is a cautionary tale for every collector.

DON'T BUY FROM AMOKTIME.

The Satisfaction Guarantee link is a LIE.

I'll continue doing this everywhere I can. Till they give me what is mine.

So: DON'T BUY FROM AMOKTIME.

Fede-Wan
10-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Thank you for your support Dark Knight.

I'll have to call them.
I live in Argentina. And to call to USA is not cheap.

I really hate them.

Thank you again

JediTricks
10-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Try calling them collect, it's a problem on their end, they should pay for the call.

Also, please avoid posting the same thing over and over in different sections.

Dr Zoltar
10-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Did you pay by credit card? If so, you can call the credit card company and deny the charge.

I ordered the Cantina Wave 2 set from them back in March. After not hearing anything for 5 months, I finally cancelled my order. They kept saying they were getting these figures "soon" but nothing ever materialized. Then they removed the preorder from their site altogether.

Turbowars
10-19-2003, 12:05 AM
Did you pay by credit card? If so, you can call the credit card company and deny the charge.

I ordered the Cantina Wave 2 set from them back in March. After not hearing anything for 5 months, I finally cancelled my order. They kept saying they were getting these figures "soon" but nothing ever materialized. Then they removed the preorder from their site altogether. I think some of these e-tailors are run out of some losers garage. Stick to EntertainmentEarth and Kebco. They have never failed me and I know for sure that EE has a huge warehouse so they are legit.

Vortex
10-21-2003, 12:21 AM
Been there with A-Time...same thing, sent a duplicate fig, had to call them and pester them to get reimbursed after I sent it back, but they won't give you back the shipping charge or cover it, at least they didn't with me. I was only out 12 bucks but it took them 2.5 weeks and a few phone calls to get them to credit my card, but it was only for the price of the figure.

I gave them another chance by ordering a couple of He-man figs from them which they said were in stock...it took them 3-4 months to send me Orko and I'm still waiting on Mer-Man and Teela...Its been a good half year to year now and I've just given up on that shop.

There's other better shops out there, but sorry to hear that man, it does suck.