PDA

View Full Version : One year later.......did everyone find Ephant Mon?

bigbarada
10-18-2003, 07:38 PM
It's been approximately one years since Ephant Mon was released and I remember hearing about all the trouble people were having finding him a few months back. So was everyone able to find him in stores?

I remember seeing two at Wal-Mart last Christmas Eve and one at K-Mart back in November of last year and that's it. No sign of him ever since. Meanwhile, Pilot Padme, Watto, Lott Dodd and Pilot Jango are STILL clogging pegs here. :frus:

2-1B
10-18-2003, 07:50 PM
I never saw him in stores so I bought him online. :)

kool-aid killer
10-18-2003, 08:07 PM
Nope, i have yet to get one nor have i ever seen one in person, not even at the local collector shop. Im sure he hit Omaha at least once but unfortunately i wasnt at the right place when it happened. But despite all that im confident that i will get him one day at a decent price.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-18-2003, 08:13 PM
I ordered mine from KEBco but he was cancelled due to the distribution of Hasbleh. I ended up popping open a case at wal-mart last december and finding two of him. I saw one about in March, but never again. :D

LTBasker
10-18-2003, 08:16 PM
I never saw him in stores, I ordered him the first and appearently only time KBtoys got him in stock. I know there are still several people out there who never got him at all, Hasbro earlier this year said they were gonna rerelease him this year too. Nice job Hasbro! :rolleyes:

Devo
10-18-2003, 09:01 PM
I think the reason you guys never saw him at retail is because they accidentally sent every single one they produced to a lowly toyshop in the arse-end of Dublin, Ireland. They warmed the pegs for a while or rather the bottom shelf since the figure was too heavy for pegs. I got two. But they're all gone now. In fact by the looks of it that particular toy shop is giving up on star wars altogether, they were selling everything off at suspiciously low prices (a shame since it was one of only two reliable stores accessible to me and which didn't rip me off-not mentioning any names..actually I will-forbidden planet thank you very much).

Exhaust Port
10-18-2003, 09:23 PM
I was just at the local KB Toys and they had plenty on the clearance rack with tons of other figures.

keithfite
10-18-2003, 09:32 PM
I never saw one in stores. I got mine from Jams Toys
I cant believe people find them in KB clearance star wars. I would love to find one. just to keep. I think its a great figure. I opened mine and was very impressed. but have never seen one in stores

thespar
10-18-2003, 09:52 PM
I have never see any in the Fayetteville area which have to walmarts, tru, kb toys. target and k mart. Finally end up buying my off of ebay.

Jedi Tech
10-18-2003, 10:28 PM
I've never seen one in any type of store as I live in Canuckville, so I bought both of mine off of E-bay. Cost me $29.00 for both, a price I can live with.

Turbowars
10-18-2003, 10:38 PM
Got mine early at K-mart. I called around until I got someone that was willing to look and sure enough I got 2 at a store 15 miles away from were I live.

LusiferSam
10-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Haven't seen in stores and haven't bought online. So no.

darthzirock
10-18-2003, 11:28 PM
I never saw an Ephant Mon at retail, despite checking out almost a dozen different stores every week for the past year. Finally, I managed to hook up with a fellow collector who had one on a creased card that he was willing to sell at cost--$4.99 plus tax. :happy: Since I open all my figures anyway, a creased card (and you really could just barely see it) was no big deal.

Darth Detori
10-18-2003, 11:45 PM
I've never found one and it haunts me to this day

jad
10-19-2003, 12:11 AM
Nope, never saw one in stores. And i've yet to get one, i'm sure i'll probably just have to pay up to 10 bucks for it and get it from someone on the forums. I doubt i'd go the ebay route for it. I wish hasbro would actually do something smart with the jedi points and just offer collectors some of the harder to find figures that they are no longer producing, like Ephant Mon, Sio Bibble, and figures like that. They could even charge 300 to 500 jedi points I wouldn't care.

bobafrett
10-19-2003, 12:32 AM
I never found one in a store

I never found one on my floor

I never found on on my clock

I never found one by the dock

I never saw one here nor there

I never saw one anywhere

But one fine day, a SSG poster chimed in

brought a smile to my chin

For he said, I'd get one the next day

and only $5 bucks I'd have to pay.

Oh, and I also got an open one on eBay!!!!

Jaff
10-19-2003, 12:33 AM
I never saw one is stores, but my wife found one in KB in Elmira NY right before christmas. It was my best Christmas present that year. I ordered an extra one later because of his rarity. I keep two of every version of card from SW 77 to current. Ephant was a definate carded figure to display.

Dr Zoltar
10-19-2003, 12:57 AM
Never saw one at retail. I eventually got one at a local 2nd hand toy store for $15. The owner claimed a friend from the southern part of the state bought the only two they found and gave them to her to resell. Glad I pick it up because I never saw this figure again.

Old Fossil
10-19-2003, 07:37 AM
My wife found one at the local TRU back around last December. The only Ephants I found at retail were 2 at the Katy, TX, Wal-Mart last April... I kept one on the card, and the other one went to a poet friend of mine.

BoShek
10-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Bah! I want this figure bad.

I saw him at Wizard World East a few months ago and he was going for $25-$35 .

I tried Ebay but he was going for too much. Maybe I'll try again.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-19-2003, 12:33 PM
I saw one last year at a flea market for $15. I said, bah, I'll find one in stores for 1/3 the price soon.

A year passed.

Every single other figure in his wave pegwarms.

I never see him.

I go back to the flea market, thinking 15 bucks ain't too bad.

Apparently that guy does, cause now Ephant's $50. :dead:

I'll get him off eBay, I guess, or if someone happens to run across one, gimme a PM.

tagmac
10-19-2003, 12:53 PM
I bought one from an online store last year. Since I open my figs, I took the one in a damaged package for a few bucks less.

sith_killer_99
10-19-2003, 01:13 PM
I was fortunate enough to stop in TRU while passing through Cincinnati and found one. It is the first, last and only time I ever saw him at retail.

I have heard the horror stories of people in NY (and now Dublin) finding tons of Ephant Mons. Ephant Mon warming pegs (that's a good one).

It makes me sick to think how many scalpers in NY and elsewhere made good money off this "Fans Choice" figure. Thanks a lot Hasbro.

I hope that guy at the fleamarket drops his E-Mon and bends the card while poking a hole through the bubble! $50.00....it's a freaking action figure!!!

Calm...calm...anger leads to hate...hate leads to suffering, which is what I want that guy who is selling E-Mon for $50.00 to do...suffer!!!!!!

Sorry, I'll stop now.

I have heard of stuff like this happening. I even experienced it myself while I was living in Hawaii. I remember when the Biker Scout wave first hit. One of our Wal-Marts got a TON of that wave. The funny thing was they were all CLEAN Scouts! I must have traded over a dozen and a half clean Scouts. I would go to Wal-Mart and they would have 6 out, I would buy 2-3 and go home. A few days later the same thing for like 2-3 weeks.

Then there was the time my local TRU got over a hundred Wuhers in at once. I just walked into TRU and they had pegs 4 high and 8 across and like 6 deep of CommTech Wuhers?!?!?! It was weird.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-19-2003, 01:25 PM
I have never seen one. I'm not yet ready to pay $30 from Brian's Toys. I didn't have enough Jedi Points ready to get him in the auction. I spent this weekend getting all the points off of my already opened cards and a few unopened vehicles and beasts. I only have 800 points, probably not enough to get anything good from the auction. I could probably get a few thousand points if I opened all my figures and vehicles. Not ready to do that yet either.

I agree that it would be better to offer figures like this as a mail-away for a certain number of points. Maybe even offer everything they have like this with different points needed for different types of figures. That way you could more wisely pick and choose what to order. You would know exactly how many points you need, rather than blowing all your points getting one figure from the auction, only to have something better come up for auction the next week. It might even encourage people to go out and buy more stuff to get the points they need to get that figure they really want.

By the way, what were the other figures in the case with Ephant Mon? Just wondering if I saw the remains of the case he was in at some point in time.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-19-2003, 01:35 PM
I still, to this day, have not seen that hunk o plastic hanging on any pegs in any stores!! I was able to pick up two, one from my good friend Jack who found him at Walmart, after him and his wife tricked the "stockboy" into helping his wife look for "something" elsewhere, whilst Jack opened all the star wars figs boxes that were just sitting there not being put out, and the second one I got from none other than the wonderful Mr. DarthChuckMC himself :)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-19-2003, 04:41 PM
I have not found Ephant Mon ever!

Val Da Car
10-19-2003, 08:28 PM
OK here we go...I ordered four from KBToys.com when they popped online for all 20 seconds at their site.

When they showed up my three friends that wanted them were irked because they all got creased in transit because of the way they were packaged. So I got stuck with them.

****This is how they were shipped to me****

Image a box just barely deep enough for a figure to fit on it's back and a couple of the air packaging tubes around the figures to "safe" transit to me.

This was a bad idea...the weight of all of the figures (4) moved the packaging around and every bubble got creased and the cards got dented.

Since last Christmas and found one at my TRU in the bottom of their bin that they were dumping figures into for the overstock.

I considered buying a case that contains him from EE but I can't justify it since I have no room to store them.

I am willing to trade them if anyone is interested....

PM me

Kidhuman
10-19-2003, 10:08 PM
It's been approximately one years since Ephant Mon was released and I remember hearing about all the trouble people were having finding him a few months back. So was everyone able to find him in stores?

I remember seeing two at Wal-Mart last Christmas Eve and one at K-Mart back in November of last year and that's it. No sign of him ever since. Meanwhile, Pilot Padme, Watto, Lott Dodd and Pilot Jango are STILL clogging pegs here. :frus:

I believe I got one of the two you saw that X-mas eve BigB. Good to see you again.

aceguide
10-20-2003, 08:55 AM
Never seen him, don't have him.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-20-2003, 02:12 PM
Like most of you I never saw one at retail nor did I ever bother to get one online. I'm still hoping against hope that one will eventually pop up.

El Chuxter
10-20-2003, 02:34 PM
I saw him once. Once. It was at either a Target or Wal-Mart in the boondocks around SoCal.

Let me see if I understand Hasbro's logic:

"People have been demanding this figure, and he won in a Fan Choice poll. So they don't really want him. They're lying to us. Tell production to make a limited run of them. What's the normal run? Like on, say, a Pilot Padme? Seventeen million? Great. Make fifteen Ephant Mons. No, not fifteen million. Just fifteen. We'll be lucky to sell those.

Now Holo Sidious, that's one I've never seen. But I think he's just an urban legend.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2003, 04:40 PM
No no, I got a Holo Sidious for Christmas 1999 cause my dad got him at TRU. Along with the Royal Guard, so I know he exists.

TheDarthVader
10-20-2003, 04:44 PM
I don't know if I have posted here already but...yes, I found ephant mon. One time at a TRU!! I have never seen him at Target, Wal Mart, K Mart, or anywhere else!! :(

bobafett07728
10-20-2003, 04:48 PM
Never saw him at retail. I've seen him at the local scalper (ah-hem!!). . . I mean comic store for $30, and of course on eBay. I guess I am still holding on to the dream that he will appear at one of my local K-B's on clearance. Heck. . . he could show up for double the retail price, and it'll still be better than all my other options at this point. A few stores around my area have been getting in late 2002, and finally some 2003 assortments, so I'm still holding on to that last thread of hope.

InsaneJediGirl
10-21-2003, 08:30 AM
I have never seen one,nor do I own one.Bid on a loose Ephant last week on eBay and it went for $20 in the end.Not the kind of cash I want to pay for something loose.Hopefully,I'll get lucky and find one from a fellow collector.I've given up on the store.

mm74md
10-21-2003, 08:54 AM
I've seen him many times at Baltimore area Target stores. I was able to purchase 1 at three different times leaving at least 1 on the pegs for someone else. So I was able to get 1 to open, 1 to put in a Star Case, and one for my nephew! I haven't seen any in stores since spring.

tgr3328
10-21-2003, 10:49 AM
I found one in a local walmart and that was all.

Dark Marble
10-21-2003, 11:16 AM
I ended up buying a lot of figures of ebay last November that had Ephant in it. With the figures I got ephant only came out to be about $10.00 with shipping and everyting factored in. I think the lot was for Ephant, Jango Pilot, Padme Pilot, Watto, Clean shaven endor troop, and the nemodian senator. At the time those figures couldn't be found in my area. Now of course they have all warmed pegs and I overpaid of every one except for Ephant.

I have never seen him in stores or a comic shop that I go to. Not once, not even by accident. I have seen the wave he was in, but not that figure. So I can't even verify that he was graced any pegs here. It really stinks for every kid and collector that Ephant is so hard to find because he is a great figure. One of my favorite parts of my collection is my Jabba collection, so I needed that fig but I and everyone else should have been able to go out a pick him up. It is one of the best Star Wars figures made IMO.

OC47150
10-22-2003, 12:37 PM
I waited and waited and, within a four-day period in February, found two at a newly opened Target and one at Kmart.

It's a nice figure, but I'm glad I waited to find it.

BFett88
10-22-2003, 02:03 PM
I live in Colorado, and I swear that the figure never came to the State. But I did give in, and I bought one at a local comic shop, it was June and I was getting worried, so I spent 19.99. I still haven't found one and the comic shop is out, and when they do have it, they sell it for 40 dollars. I don't regreat spending 19.99.

plo koon 200
10-22-2003, 05:22 PM
Sorry guys but I have seen at least 30 where I live and only bought enough for myself.

JediBoulton
10-22-2003, 05:27 PM
ELEPHANT MON Does NOT EXIST -- He never did!

All of you who say you have him are lying to those of us who bought into this dream.

You should all be ashamed.

This is the same thing with the 12" PLO KOON -- he never existed either -- :crazed:

However -- I plan on finding them BOTH this weekend -- :evil:

OC47150
10-22-2003, 05:31 PM
I guess the big chunk of molded plastic sitting on my shelf at home is a figment of my imagination?

JediBoulton
10-22-2003, 05:35 PM
I guess the big chunk of molded plastic sitting on my shelf at home is a figment of my imagination?

Its a big chunk of "something" -- it aint Ephant Mon :D

I have never seen one in any store -- i saw one at a dallas convention everal months ago for about $15 and figured -- this will be easy to get -- i am not going to pay this for him!!

:frus:

I have learned my lesson....

thespar
10-22-2003, 09:57 PM
I was one of the ones who asume that ephant mon was not real. But paying about $24.00 on him made me a beliver.

fishyfett
10-23-2003, 02:29 AM
ELEPHANT MON Does NOT EXIST -- He never did!

All of you who say you have him are lying to those of us who bought into this dream.

You should all be ashamed.

This is the same thing with the 12" PLO KOON -- he never existed either -- :crazed:

However -- I plan on finding them BOTH this weekend -- :evil: JB, I feel for you, man. I wish I got an extra one I could spare you. A year ago, I saw these at TRU (Plano), about 6 or 8 of them, along w/ the Beardless Endor Dude. I bought one of each. Since then, I only saw a beat-up "card" Ephant Mon in K-B. I left it where it was. I figured someone else would want it. Never again did I see another one up to now.

Good luck on your Ephant hunt, JB. Good luck. :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-23-2003, 01:12 PM
I found him shortly before Christmas 2002 at a TRU in my area. I was conversing with an employee who told me that the usual herd of scalpers had made the rounds that morning and bought up all the Ephant Mons they could find, with the exception of one that had a bent card. That was the one I was lucky enough to get my hands on, and the only one I have ever seen since then.

Watch KBs. They seem to be getting in a lot of the older waves. Who knows, you may discover an Ephant Mon soon enough.

fishyfett
10-23-2003, 06:24 PM
I found one him shortly before Christmas 2002 at a TRU in my area. I was conversing with an employee who told me that the usual herd of scalpers had made the rounds that morning and bought up all the Ephant Mons they could find, with the exception of one that had a bent card. That was the one I was lucky enough to get my hands on, and the only one I have ever seen since then.

Watch KBs. They seem to be getting in a lot of the older waves. Who knows, you may discover an Ephant Mon soon enough. Which, come to think about it, I did!!! I saw 2 of them and left them there. I already have him, so why buy another?? Good luck on all who's still on the hunt for Ephant....... :cool:

Scalpers.....you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.....

OC47150
10-24-2003, 07:45 AM
I'm waiting for KB to get some of the 2003 figures for $3.

Boba Fetish
10-24-2003, 11:24 PM
I was totally trashed when I found Ephant Mon and don't even remember buying him. My girlfriend and I left the bar that night and she had to drive me. I guess I asked her to take me to Walmart and I found him while in a drunken stupor. I didn't know I scored it until the next morning nor did I know how coveted it would become. I thought Epahnt Mon was cool, but my girlfriend said it was hideous.