PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see the Halloween Spirit slowly creeping into the SSG Forum...

mrhat
10-19-2003, 03:37 AM
It's really cool to see that a few people have changed their avatars to fit the mood of the holiday, I would have changed mine earlier, but, um, the pictures were too big, so I went with the Grim Reaper From Castlevania. Its scary, well maybe not as scary as my costume (trust me). I'll post pics if possible... Anyways come on y'all show some $&%*ing Halloween Spirit!! (I did my own bleeping)

James Boba Fettfield
10-19-2003, 08:33 AM
Yes...Go Halloween! I got everyone's favorite father in his search for a Father's Day cake in my avatar.

scruffziller
10-19-2003, 09:19 AM
Yes...Go Halloween! I got everyone's favorite father in his search for a Father's Day cake in my avatar.Is that who that is!!!!:D

Those were some truly disturbing visuals when I first watched it.

James Boba Fettfield
10-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Represent the real Leatherface, scruff, all right!

mabudonicus
10-19-2003, 05:49 PM
BOOO!!!
I STILL haven't come up with a costume idea yet... I simply mustn't cop out and go as jar jar again...
Anyways, where's all the other scary avatars??

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Hatchet head from Dawn of the Dead!!! Booooooooooo!! :D

Beast
10-19-2003, 06:06 PM
Nice choice there, Mabudon. Meesa like. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthChuckMc
10-19-2003, 06:58 PM
I'm keeping with the SW theme...but I think BOO! says it best.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN Y'ALL!

bobafrett
10-19-2003, 11:28 PM
Look, it's my face out from under the tusken wraps........Ooooooooo, now that's scary!

billfremore
10-20-2003, 03:44 PM
AHHHHH!!!!
It's a scary potato'tar!!!!

JediTricks
10-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Is that Marty Feldman? If I found a potato like that, I'd run for da hills!

Lord Malakite
10-20-2003, 11:56 PM
Looks more like a bald Jay Leno. :crazed:

scruffziller
10-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Represent the real Leatherface, scruff, all right!
AMEN!!!!:D

billfremore
10-21-2003, 09:15 AM

Indeed it is the esteemed Mr. Feldman.
He makes a fine potato don't you think?

JediTricks
10-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Indeed it is the esteemed Mr. Feldman.
He makes a fine potato don't you think?
Depends on how long he's been decomposing for, I suppose.

:evil: (little black halloween humor for ya's :D)

Tonysmo
10-28-2003, 01:55 AM
posted a few pics of my kids costume.. hope the link works.. if not, look in collections. Had a great time makin it. enjoy

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=3440&password=&sort=1&size=big&cat=500&page=

plasticfetish
10-28-2003, 02:18 AM
Oh man ... that Jawa costume is great! (My son would be so jealous.)

bobafrett
10-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Tonysmo, awesome job on the Jawa costume! My son is going as the killer from Scary Movie with the tongue.

Kidhuman
10-28-2003, 10:29 AM
Tony that costume is awesome. I should get one for my boy. He would love it.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-01-2003, 08:45 AM
Just wondering how everybody's Halloween went.

Mine was pretty ordinary. I am not the one to dress up (at least not until I have kids) so I stayed home, handed out candy (had a test a few of the pieces too :) ) watched a few Horror movies and went to bed.

I saw a few creative costumes, but nothing that stood out. Maybe because none of them were Star Wars. It seems like we are getting fewer and fewer people each year, even though we live in a neighborhood chock full of kids. That is surprising since the weather around here yesterday was beautiful.

Otherwise, it was your typical Halloween. As I drove by, I saw a few pumpkins smashed and even some TP on a tree. A neighbor of mine had a party, I saw more than a few older teenagers trick-or-treating, and Michael Myers knifed two people to death on my street. Again, your standard Halloween.

mabudonicus
11-01-2003, 10:23 AM
Yeah, pretty tame here, also nice weather (duh, I'm prolly 20 minutes away from LBC)
JediElf and I went uptown, the only thing we saw that really stuck out was this duo of Lannies, that looked like rejects from a bad buddy movie, were staggering around on the main street, one trying to light a smoke for the other... they tried for about 10 minutes, both having to continually adjust their stance so as to avoid falling over.... eventually they just gave up and continued on their drunken way..... it was pretty funny, video would have been priceless....
Hope everyone had a safe and fun night!!!!

bobafrett
11-01-2003, 11:56 AM
Just wondering how everybody's Halloween went.

Well, I had to work, but as you'll see by the pictures, I picked up a Hooters girl :eek: , then went to a bar after work!

BTW, I'm the Tusken Raider! :crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-01-2003, 02:32 PM
Hehehehehe yeah, about that Hooters girl Boba, well, i'll just assume you had loads of liquor in ya! :D

The athens halloween extravanganza doesn't kick into full gear until tonight. The streets have been blocked off, the porto potties are in place, the cops on horseback are plentiful and my Peter Griffin costume is ready for its' debut. I'll post pics when i get them developed and get them on disc, as i can't afford a digital camera. hehehehehehehehe Should be a good time tonight though; this party in Athens is comparable in size to Mardi Gras!! I plan to be "under the influence" until tomorrow. I'll hopefully wake up to catch another new medicore Simpsons and then some adult swim and then back to bed. hehehehehehehe Happy Halloween! :D

mrhat
11-01-2003, 10:36 PM
[Hay everyone glad to see everyones H-day went great, as did mine, now as christmans slowly approaches we can reminise on this magical day when you can be anyone for a day.

Dar' Argol
11-02-2003, 08:30 PM
[Hay everyone glad to see everyones H-day went great, as did mine, now as christmans slowly approaches we can reminise on this magical day when you can be anyone for a day.

Well, my buddy and I went out the the bars on Friday night. I went as a Zombie Lord and he was my minon. He he he, check it out . . . .

SirSteve
11-03-2003, 08:21 AM
Excellent pictures everyone! Keep them coming!

bobafrett
11-03-2003, 10:14 AM
Excellent pictures everyone! Keep them coming!

Picture of the costume I wore to a party Saturday night. A blend of Tusken Raider and Stormtrooper! Enjoy (There's something not right about that boy.)

JediTricks
11-03-2003, 10:51 PM
So that's how the Jawas were ambushed!

:D

TeeEye7
10-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I just had a bit of Halloween spirit come crashing down on me:

A cousin of mine is currently working on a genealogy of our family tree. As a little surprise, it seems I'm a descendant of Rebbecca Towne Nurse, one of the women executed in the Salem witch trials for allegedly practicing witchcraft. She was a 71 year old little old lady when the offed her. Tough times! :eek:

El Chuxter
10-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Wow. We need to get a golden shovel and dig up Caesar's old Golden Shovel Award to pass on to TeeEye for this one.

CaptainSolo1138
10-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Werd. A thread with a five year hiatus is digging at its finest. :shovel:

Blue2th
10-09-2008, 10:18 PM
I just had a bit of Halloween spirit come crashing down on me:

A cousin of mine is currently working on a genealogy of our family tree. As a little surprise, it seems I'm a descendant of Rebbecca Towne Nurse, one of the women executed in the Salem witch trials for allegedly practicing witchcraft. She was a 71 year old little old lady when the offed her. Tough times! :eek:

Salem is an interesting place. I went there in 2001 (yeah in Oct of '01 my butt cheeks were squeezing the aircraft seat) It's all touristy, but some interesting graveyards and such, places where "this took place here" kinda thing.

Anyways I saw a special on the witch trials and the theory was that the poor women of the town were gleaning the edges of a field (a christian help your neighbor tradition) of grain or rye and got a hold of some rye mold. Hence after eating not knowing they ingested what we now know as the raw form of LSD, they exibited strange behavior. Leading to people thinking they were possessed by witchcraft. I thought it was a plausable explanation.

They say the same thing happened in Europe during the dark ages. I guess they found some people in the bogs of Scotland that were documented as being hung for witchcraft and found LSD in their system.

UKWildcat
10-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Wow. We need to get a golden shovel and dig up Caesar's old Golden Shovel Award to pass on to TeeEye for this one.

Who is this Caesar fellow? He sounds like a God amongst men.

El Chuxter
10-09-2008, 11:41 PM
I heard he once ate a Buick. He's something of a legend (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=30984&highlight=caesar).

bobafrett
10-11-2008, 08:44 AM
My step daughters just returned from Salem about a week ago. The older daughter is into witchcraft and the occult.

Ando
10-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Happy Halloween!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Hey, I was born in a place named Salem! :thumbsup:

For those of you (us) who were candy-passers-out (:confused: ) last night, what were the best costumes you saw?

For me, there were few older kids (thankfully), so most of the best were littler kids (who were almost exclusively with adults, yay responsibility! :) ), such as:
- Dorothy from T.W.o.O.
- Boba Fett (he "shot" me with his rifle [a clone trooper blue one], couldn't see a thing in [his] helmet and fell backwards into the fiber optic scarecrow [who maybe should be renamed "Sarlacc" now :D ), Anakin was also there later
- a bear/lion/wildcat/something
- a ladybug
- Buzz Lightyear, Mickey Mouse
- don't recall his costume, but one really little boy couldn't reach the doorbell, so I rang it for him; he had no interest in the candy, but he kept reaching for the button :pleased:

One lady kept her kid in his/her stroller below the steps, making ME come outside! :mad: And several others didn't even OPEN their OWN bags! It's not that hard, people! :crankyoldman: :upset:

TeeEye7
11-01-2008, 10:23 AM
I worked last night and spent most of the night working with people who carved other people instead of pumpkins! :eek:

In the spirit of the holiday, the knives out-represented the firearms last night. :tired:

The score: stabbings 3, shootings 2.

cookiemonster
11-01-2008, 10:27 AM
It was wedding anniversary last night so we where out, however we did see a few kids dressed as the typical and some star wars outfits, and this real cute kid who was dressed like a puppy.

DarthQuack
11-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Worked 3am-noon yesterday, did an overtime gig from 4:30-10:30pm....sleep at 11....up at 4am for work til 1pm.... :sad:

bobafrett
11-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey, I was born in a place named Salem! :thumbsup:

We will be sending a commitee over to see if you are a Witch then!

For those of you (us) who were candy-passers-out (:confused: ) last night, what were the best costumes you saw?

I don't know, my wife and I came home from work, and both took a nice 2 and a half hour nap. We saw nothing. Didn't help that we had our porch light out, and our house is between to business's. <------Did i spell that right?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-02-2008, 08:10 AM
We will be sending a commitee over to see if you are a Witch then!
I didn't say which Salem. It might not be the witch-related Salem... :pleased:

Didn't help that we had our porch light out, and our house is between to business's. <------Did i spell that right?to = preposition (i.e.: "I went to the pawn shop to sell my carded .02 variant Darth Maul" ) or part of an infinitive verb phrase (i.e.: "to boldly go where no split infinitive has before" )

business's = possessive form of business (i.e.: "my business's profits have fallen dramatically since my signage using improper grammar" )

Therefore, in my English teacher correction pen, I'd mark your reponse as:

I don't know; my wife and I came home from work, and both took a nice two-and-a-half hour nap. We saw nothing. Didn't help that we had our porch light out, and our house is between two businesses. <------Did I spell that right?

bobafrett
11-02-2008, 12:58 PM
I didn't say which Salem. It might not be the witch-related Salem... :pleased:

to = preposition (i.e.: "I went to the pawn shop to sell my carded .02 variant Darth Maul" ) or part of an infinitive verb phrase (i.e.: "to boldly go where no split infinitive has before" )

business's = possessive form of business (i.e.: "my business's profits have fallen dramatically since my signage using improper grammar" )

Therefore, in my English teacher correction pen, I'd mark your reponse as:

Thank you Teacher! To and two, simply a mental error on my part. The rest of it I blame on being in the slow class in High School English, and not taking up more studies in my brief college year.

2-1B
11-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Werd. A thread with a five year hiatus is digging at its finest. :shovel:

Pfffft, that's nothin'

I've dug up threads with a 7 year hiatus...which brings us into the realm of statutes of limitations and all other sorts of legal issues.

Soon, Deadeye's shenanigans will be immune from prosecution. :grin:

Oh, and I think he meant Salem as in the town from Days of Our Lives :thedeuceenjoyssopaoperasonadailybasis: