PDA

View Full Version : The great KB rip-off!

sith_killer_99
10-19-2003, 12:51 PM
Well, you had to know something like this was gonna happen.

I stopped by my local KB the other day, just to see what they had.

There I spotted 2 brand new Yellow Clone 3 packs. I went over and picked one up, then I about had a heart attack when I saw the price tag!

$14.99

It seems that KB has indeed stopped the bogus "sale" mark downs. The only problem is they now charge an arm and a leg for their merchandise!

Man, I thought I was getting hosed when they charged me $12.99 (marked down from "$14.99") there is no way I'm gonna pay $15.XX (after taxes) for a 3 pack, I can get 'em on Ebay for that price (or less).

I guess they want to make their money back from that court ordered sale. But I tell you, they aren't making it back off of me! I left the store feeling insulted.

The up side to the story is that I have seen half a dozen Yellow Clone 3 packs since for $9.99-$10.99 at 2-3 stores! I hope KB chokes on their Clones!

2-1B
10-19-2003, 03:27 PM
KB has always been overpriced.

kool-aid killer
10-19-2003, 04:29 PM
I always wonder how KB and TRU stay in business because both charge more than Target and Walmart do for toys. I always see old toy lines there too, such as Planet of the Apes, Disneys Atlantis, and Spy Kids etc. Fifteen dollars for a clone 3 pack? Thats way too much IMO.

Darth Jax
10-19-2003, 07:02 PM
kb does a good job at eventually clearancing items, a year or so after their release date. this doesn't extend to any of their exclusives though. i've seen the red clone 12" still marked at $21.99 recently.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-19-2003, 09:02 PM
I rarely buy things at full price from KB. They are always 10 or 15% higher in their prices than other retailers. Very few sane collectors will pay for those overpriced items, even the exclusives, which you would think would fly off, like the Jedi Starfighter with figure, languished on the shelves. But wait around awhile, as stated earlier, and you will find the price marked down eventually. I picked up some army builder Ep II figures for $1.99 last month at KB, first time I bought something from them in quite awhile.

bobafrett
10-19-2003, 11:26 PM
About the only thing I picked up from KB was the 12" Gammorean Gaurd. I bought it through the online store so it has a sticker on the window which ticks me off to no end. Yeah, I pretty much stay away from the KB stores except for the exclusives.

As far as the price diffence between TRU/KB and Wal-Mart and Target, it was explained to me like this, TRU/KB sell pretty much only toys, where Wal-Mart and Target sell a lot more stuff so they get a bigger customer base coming into the stores and have a wider variety to choose from. The toy stores sell only toys, and it narrows it down to a much smaller group of shoppers.

mabudonicus
10-20-2003, 10:49 AM
Yeah,loss leaders and all that rot... Wal Mart can kick any specialty stores' butt in that department, one of the ways they got where they are ;)
on the bright side, up here in Canada we don't get overcharged for SW:D

Kidhuman
10-20-2003, 07:31 PM
KB has always been overpriced.

Word.

I have always used KB for "the last resort". I too think they are overpriced. WAY overpriced.