PDA

View Full Version : Droid chess set?

jedi master sal
11-29-2001, 11:45 AM
I am thinking about making a chess set of droid from the SW universe (molded). I would like suggestions on who would be the various pieces.
Also If anyone has a comprehensive list of all the droids to have appeared in the movies to date that would be very helpful. (please for the more obscure ones give a description/which movie/where in the movie did they show up.

Help fellow SW fans, your my only hope!:)

ACPin
11-29-2001, 12:51 PM
For a list of the droids, you can check the official site and get them there. The CDs Behind The Magic are another source for reference as well as the SW Encyclopedia. Chess you say? I did a couple of chess sets last year using the action figures.

ANH Chess Set (http://acpin.homestead.com/files/SWANHChess_10.jpg)

TPM Chess Set (http://acpinimages.homestead.com/files/TPM_Chess_11.jpg)

Brave Sir Robin
11-29-2001, 01:20 PM
King-R2-D2
Queen- C-3PO
Bishop-4-LOM
Knight-EV-9D9
Rook-Silver Sandcrawler Droid
Pawn-Mouse Droid

JediTricks
11-29-2001, 11:34 PM
I am thinking about this as if I were using action figures, so either I'd use action stands for one side and real stands for the other (since one type of stand is clear and the other is black) and just use one set of figures; or I'd go with these figures for light and dark sides of the board:

Light side:
FX-7 = King
Ep 1 C-3PO = Queen
2-1B = Bishop
R2-D2 = Knight
Treadwell droid = Rook
R5-D4 = Pawn

Dark side:
IG-88 = King
EV-9D9 = Queen
TC-14 = Bishop
R2-Q5 = Knight
Destroyer Droid = Rook
Security Battle Droid = Pawn

GNT
11-30-2001, 02:49 AM
Thats pretty cool ACPin, what a nice way to get 8 Jar Jar figures off the pegs :)I was thinking about making a Star wars chess set the other day.

Dark Knight
12-02-2001, 01:38 AM
That way cool. I really like the anh chess board. I would like to make one. The only problem is that I blow at chess. I lose too many times on yahoo and really live.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Obi-Don
12-02-2001, 07:28 AM
You can't loose if you play by yourself--wait,I do!

There is something wrong with me after all.They all told me but I wouldn't believe them. :D

jedi master sal
12-04-2001, 04:32 PM
Light side

K-R2D2
Q-C3PO
B-21B/FX7
Kt-R5D4/R2B1
R-Gonk Droid (power droid)
P-Pit Droid

Dark Side

K-IG-88
Q-4-LOM
B-Death Star Droid
Kt-R2Q5
R-Probe Droid
P-Mouse Droid

Federation side

K-Commander BD (OOM-9)
Q- TC-14
B-Security BD
Kt-Pilot BD
R-Destroyer Droid
P-Battle Droid (BD)

Any other suggestions?

PloKoon2385
12-04-2001, 05:53 PM
How about Leebo? You should try to fit him in! I think you should use the Droid Starfighter (walking mode) too! I also think you should replace the Mouse Droid with the ASP-7 droids.

jedi master sal
12-05-2001, 12:20 PM
Okay, I like the idea of walking droid SF's and would switch them with the destroyer droids who would then replace the pilot droids at the knight position.

as for the asp's, NO.

I was thinking the dark side droids are either imperial or bounty hunter droids.

The ASP is a "typical" labor droid. It might work for the pawn of the light side though instead of the pit droids.