PDA

View Full Version : Repacks?

jedi-cpa
10-20-2003, 10:45 AM
OK, I know the C-3po is a repack from the flashback photo line.

Is the Han flight to Alderaan or leia imperial captive repacks? I can't tell.

Also, the Darth maul is from Masters of the Darkside correct?

I think nthat the only true "repack " has been the C-3PO.

Banthaholic
10-20-2003, 11:41 AM
Nope there are more repacks,
Han is he commtech variety
Leia is from POTF-2
Luke - is T-16 luke minus his T-16 model
Vader - is from MOTD
Maul is from MOTD
& Jango Fett is a repacked from '02

Kidhuman
10-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Wasnt Eeth Loth and Teebo repacked as well? Either way I saw them the other day and they looked good. Those are two that I will pick up.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-20-2003, 03:04 PM
So are the POTJ Imperial Officer and Rebel Fleet Trooper (Tantive IV dudes).

I don't mind the repacks as long as they don't clog the pegs for other figures.

Turbowars
10-20-2003, 08:12 PM
So are the POTJ Imperial Officer and Rebel Fleet Trooper (Tantive IV dudes).

I don't mind the repacks as long as they don't clog the pegs for other figures.Heck, the Repacks are some of the harder ones to find. No pegwarmers there.:)

LTBasker
10-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Actually the Imperial Officer and Rebel Troopers are different than the others since they have new heads so technically they're "new" figures.

thespar
10-20-2003, 09:46 PM
About the only repack that i am a little upset with is the Jango repack the orginal one was still clogg up the peg to about 2 weeks ago. I was able to hold both 02 and 03 Fetts one in each hand at a walmart. But I like the fact of being able to pick up the Maul and Vader from the MODS Two did not see many of these packs.

sith_killer_99
10-21-2003, 12:54 PM
Most people did not see ANY of the MOTDS 2 packs. I guess Hasbro decided, hey...we have all these Darth Vaders and Darth Mauls from those 2 packs we stopped distributing. :rolleyes:

I was a bit upset when I first heard that they were doing re-releases of these, but then I figured, what better way to maintain the "Vintage feel" of the line than by re-releasing old figures on new cards. lol :D

OC47150
10-22-2003, 01:35 PM
I never saw the MOTDS in my stores, so getting those re-released figures is OK with me.

The only re-release I have now is the Leia, and that's because a friend had an extra. I passed on Han and Luke a couple of weeks ago. Figured they'd be around for a while.

JEDIpartner
10-22-2003, 04:09 PM
I don't mind the releases as long as they are kept to a minimum within each year. Since I am part of the KEBco thing, I get all of the figures. I kept the Rebel Fleet Trooper and the Imperial Officer but ditched the Eeth, Teebo and Han at retail and got something else for my trouble. I have a feeling this may become a habit for me.

No trouble on the ones I don't have, like the Leia or Threepio, Luke, Vader or Maul.

TheDarthVader
10-22-2003, 05:31 PM
I needed the MOTD two pack and NEVER saw it at retail. I am excited about getting the opprotunity to get Vader and Maul. Those are the only two repacks that I will buy...maybe a Solo just because he's cool. The other repacks will not be bought by me! :eek:

jedi-cpa
10-24-2003, 02:47 PM
I'm approaching the repacks as I did when I was a kid...if I had the fig, then there is no need to go get it on a new card. It's the subtle differnces that will drive me a little batty, but I think I have come to a few conclusions:

Eeth, Teebo and Jango repacks are basically identical. Definitely no need to get.

The Han & Luke are from the Commtech line! Hmmmm. No need to get them either.

Leia POTF2? What the leia "All New Likeness" one? I'll have to inspect that one.

The Imperial officer and Rebel soldiers, if I can find the variants fine, but I am not gonna kill myself finding those.

I actually bought the MOTDS, so I do have that in my collection, however, I think I will buy the individually packaged ones, they are different enough when packaged separately to justify the $10.

El Chuxter
10-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Dadburnit! I passed on the Vader because I thought he was the one from the CommTech wave. Hopefully I'll find him again, but these repacks are moving off shelves quicker than a jackrabbit in a turnip factory! :(

Don't ask. I just made it up.

OC47150
10-24-2003, 02:59 PM
I did the same thing, El Chuxter.

I have picked up a couple of the repacked Imps and Rebels, but I haven't gone out specifically seeking the variations. I did find one blond Imp, but it's so pale it looks like it wasn't painted.

jedi-cpa
10-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Even though there are slight repaints, I'm not buying.

Green jedi starfighter vs. red one, OK. But not the gunship and ATT, too similar.

Oh, and the Luke looks like he didn't have a lightsaber the first time, I have to decide if that makes him different enough.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-24-2003, 07:10 PM
Oh, and the Luke looks like he didn't have a lightsaber the first time, I have to decide if that makes him different enough.

The repack DV I can live with because I never found the MotDS pack, but the repack Luke reeks of "Malibu Stacy with new hat."

darthzirock
10-26-2003, 01:07 AM
Found 3 each of the Vader and Maul repacks and bought them all! I have customizing plans for them, y'see.

Oh, but I guess I really should mention that I have two of each already, as I had found 2 MotDS sets back in "the day." Opened one for display purposes, still have the second one MOMC.

Ain't I a stinker? :evil:

Boba Fetish
10-26-2003, 04:40 PM
Ha Ha, that's so funny. I thought that Vader was the Comm Chip POTF2 one as well. I also thought that the Maul was from the Episode I line. I guess I gotta look closer since I already glimpsed them and passed. Anyway, what are the major differences between the Maul/Vader two pack and their single carded counterparts since I couldn't tell at first glance.

Here is my repack list that should be made.

R2-Q5- I never actually saw this in retail
R2-B1- dito
Soft goods Padme- I always feel like a perv saying this
Pit Droid 2 pk.- Always room for more droids
Ephant Mon- Do I need to explain

and most definately Kitik Keed'kak!!!

Turbowars
10-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Ha Ha, that's so funny. I thought that Vader was the Comm Chip POTF2 one as well. I also thought that the Maul was from the Episode I line. I guess I gotta look closer since I already glimpsed them and passed. Anyway, what are the major differences between the Maul/Vader two pack and their single carded counterparts since I couldn't tell at first glance.

R2-B1- dito

and most definately Kitik Keed'kak!!!Though, I agree with you 100% on the figures that should be repacked, but that's not the reasoning behind the repacks. Hasbro thinks they need to keep core figures in the loop and I agree, but not these. They repack figures that they think are the best and repack them. It's just an easy buck in their pocket. I would like to see a R2-B1 in the mix, but hasbro is hard headed.

Boba Fetish
10-27-2003, 04:16 AM
Teebo's not a core character, and I've seen his fuzzy little butt twice now. :D

jedi-cpa
10-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Is that the Imperial R2 unit, the black one?

I can't keep them straight anymore.

darthzirock
10-29-2003, 02:31 AM
Anyway, what are the major differences between the Maul/Vader two pack and their single carded counterparts since I couldn't tell at first glance.

R2-B1- dito

and most definately Kitik Keed'kak!!!

No differences between the POTJ MotDS Vader & Maul and the Saga repacks, other than each coming with an individual base.

Kitik Keed'kak can't be a repack yet--they haven't released this figure at all yet! (One being sold at auction for JMPs is hardly a "release.")

And, yes, jedi-cpa, R2-Q5 is the black astromech droid that came packed with the red Death Star hologram from POTJ.

Lobito
11-03-2003, 03:50 PM
They should do repacks only in difficult items to find, like Eopie and Qui Gonn, Han Solo and Taun Taun, Luke and Wampa. Those kind of items, not the ones we are getting.

darthzirock
11-06-2003, 01:59 PM
They should do repacks only in difficult items to find, like Eopie and Qui Gonn, Han Solo and Taun Taun, Luke and Wampa. Those kind of items, not the ones we are getting.

Well, we are getting the Luke and Wampa in 2004, just they are packaged separately. Also, the Han split-belly Tauntaun is now popping up in those TRU Hoth 4-packs. So, if you've already got the Hoth Han from this year, you're all set. Qui-Gon and Eopie, on the other hand ... don't hold your breath!

Lobito
11-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Those figs that u mention are not repacks, those are actually different sculpts, a repack is for example, Teebo, Eeth Koth, Luke Skywalker Tatooine, Leia, Han Solo from the 2003 collection. Those exact figures were made earlier and they just placed them in new packages. The new figures (Wampa, Luke, etc, are incredibly cool) If they are going to make repacks with the same mold, they should do the hardest to find, thats why i mentioned Eeopie and Qui Gonn, Wampa and Luke, etc.

darthzirock
11-06-2003, 03:46 PM
Those figs that u mention are not repacks, those are actually different sculpts, a repack is for example, Teebo, Eeth Koth, Luke Skywalker Tatooine, Leia, Han Solo from the 2003 collection. Those exact figures were made earlier and they just placed them in new packages. The new figures (Wampa, Luke, etc, are incredibly cool) If they are going to make repacks with the same mold, they should do the hardest to find, thats why i mentioned Eeopie and Qui Gonn, Wampa and Luke, etc.

I knew that! I was just being facetious about the Luke and Wampa figures. ;)

Well, this new HOF assortment and packaging will either become the biggest set of pegwarmers ever, or prove that Hasbro is right about constantly refreshing the "core characters." Now, that's a scary thought for those of us collectors that want to see every blink-and-you-missed-it background character!