PDA

View Full Version : Janus just Greets us!

Jaff
10-20-2003, 08:42 PM
Out of the three you could expect that my favorite fig would be the dark robbed imperial dignitary. Like the new Padme his base has two connection points to attatch to two other figures. We already know that Kren Blista Vanee is next, but after seeing the base you know another one besides Kren is comming! :crazed:

The sculpt is very subtle and dark which really makes this figure cool. The only articulation that is really noticible is his rotating arms, head and hands. His hands are actually the same hands used for Supreme Chancelor Palpatine, except that on the right hand two fingers are actually tucked under his palm. The fact that Palpy's hands were used is cool. It's like a creepy irony that this politician who follows a corrupt leader would look as his leader once did. Upon futher investigation I discovered that Janus' legs rotated underneath his hollowed out robe, but who really wants to look under this old guys robe anyways!

This figure is awesome. I cannot wait for the next Dignitary to stand beside him. Speaking of standing beside a figure, Janus looks sweet next to the new Emperor figure!

plasticfetish
10-21-2003, 02:42 AM
Exxxxxcellent.

...but who really wants to look under this old guys robe anyways!
Well, uh ... gee ... umm ... you know, you've gotta make sure he isn't hiding anything ... hmm.

JEDIpartner
10-21-2003, 10:41 AM
Like the new Padme his base has two connection points to attatch to two other figures. We already know that Kren Blista Vanee is next, but after seeing the base you know another one besides Kren is comming! :crazed:
Not necessarily. Hasblah made all the bases to interconnect with one another.

Hellboy
11-04-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey Jaff, did your stand have a foot peg on it. Mine didn't and I found that to be a little odd? More of a platform for the figure than a stand.

Janus looks great, the paint is well applied and his stance reminds me of a chess piece. I was surprised at how hard the plastic used to make his robe was though. Overall I'm thrilled we finally got a Dignitary made and I'm looking forward to getting Kren Blista-Vanee.

Grade: A

Jaff
11-04-2003, 11:06 PM
Hellboy the stand does not have a peg on mine, and I bought two Janus, one loose, and one for package. I checked both of them for you, and they are both the same. You commented on how hard the plastic was and you are right. The figure is sculpted very similar to Supreme Chanceler Palpatine and the new Emperor. The legs are only sculpted from the knee down, the rest is solid. His potbelly also adds to the weight of the plastic too. :D

plasticfetish
11-05-2003, 12:33 AM
Well ... I'm jealous.
Hellboy, did you find Janus at retail? (Target again?)

Hellboy
11-06-2003, 01:16 AM
Well ... I'm jealous.
Hellboy, did you find Janus at retail? (Target again?)

Yeah Target again. I never find anything at my local Wal-Mart and TRU is usually a bust. KB charges to much so I stay away from there for the most part. 9 times out of 10 if new stuff is hitting around here it's at Target. I still haven't found all of the figures from this case assortment though so the hunt continues. Good luck, hope you find yours soon. :)

RussUAE
11-06-2003, 06:31 AM
I got mine online - and have had terrible luck. It seems to have the worst applied paint job of any figure I own. I know this is just a random thing, but I'm still disappointed. I'm going to have to buy another one I suppose - maybe I'll customise the original one into the red Imperial Dignitary.

Also, you said it's a solid figure - and I agree, most of it is, except for the arms and hands - they are incredibly soft - softer than the parts on virtually all the other figures.