PDA

View Full Version : Episodes VII-IX rumored to be "possibility"!

darthzirock
10-22-2003, 03:12 AM
Posted at DarkHorizons.com on Monday, October 20th 2003:

Star Wars: Episodes 7-9: Rumours of George Lucas following up his original trilogy with another down the track have been around for years - some were solid information, most were just wishful thinking. As a result unless something solid comes through on them I'm not touching speculation on the topic with a ten foot pole. Well today came word which whilst not solid, is from an insider source whose regularly provided totally accurate intel so far for over two years on a variety of projects so I tend to take his word for it. If true, its also good news for fans let down by the prequels: "One of my pals at ILM told me a few days back that another trilogy 'might' happen. This is the sequel trilogy that Lucas said he'd never do. It's very very early days yet, but apparently there is some talk, even to the point of Mr Spielberg - who was interested in doing 'Clones' at one point - stepping in for Lucas, who may want to write, but probably won't want to direct. If Lucas doesn't they'll probably work out a deal for say Frank Darabont to pen (ala the current "Indiana Jones IV" arrangement). This one would be the three films following Return of the Jedi, Han Solo, Skywalker, post-Darth etc. How hard of a time are they going to have on their hands getting some of those original players! ha ha! finally a fitting use for CGI hey? The deal is everyone wants the sequels, except Lucas, who is apparently exhausted [Personally I'd say studio pressure]. If Spielberg directs, it could be ok. Better than those terrible prequel movies". Thanks to 'Wookie Walker.'

Pendo
10-22-2003, 04:10 AM
I really hope this isn't true. After Episode III the saga should be left as it is! The story is complete!

PENDO!

scruffziller
10-22-2003, 08:44 AM
I really hope this isn't true. After Episode III the saga should be left as it is! The story is complete!

PENDO!
Oh but you know you'll you watch them..:D

bobafrett
10-22-2003, 09:00 AM
Nooooo! I have no room for another sequel worth of toy's! Why couldn't it just be stamps or coins that I collect. Vader Dies in Episode VI, end of story.

Pendo
10-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Oh but you know you'll you watch them..:DLOL, you're probably right, I would watch them :rolleyes:, but it doesn't mean I'd have to like it.

IMO a movie shouldn't have a sequel unless it ends with an open narrative. All Star Wars movies ends with an open narrative except for ROTJ. Jedi closes the whole Star Wars story (from Eps 1 - 6) nicely, and any more of the story afterwards wouldn't seem to fit and would seem 'forced' just to make more money.

Just look at Terminator 3. Terminator 2 closed the whole Terminator narrative, and that's why T3 stunk!

Episode VII - IX is a BAAAAAAD idea :mad:!

PENDO!

scruffziller
10-22-2003, 10:09 AM
LOL, you're probably right, I would watch them :rolleyes:, but it doesn't mean I'd have to like it.

Oh yea you will.....:happy:

Just look at Terminator 3. Terminator 2 closed the whole Terminator narrative, and that's why T3 stunk!

WHAT!!!!:eek:
T3 was the most incredibly awesome story. Yea some bad acting by the guy who played John Connor. But T3 had to be told. Too many unanswered questions in T2. T4 doesn't NEED to happen but I wanna see it.:crazed:
The next SW triliogy doesn't need to happen but I wanna see it too.:happy:
If they get someone in there other than Lucas maybe it will good.:)

Anakin2121
10-22-2003, 10:23 AM
T3 stunk!

Sorry, not true...

I do agree that a third trilogy would be stupid. What would it be about? Stupid EU adventures of Luke and Leia and Han and the gang? What makes them so special? Why not have another trilogy on the prequel characters? Or maybe some Old Republic stuff, back in the heyday of the Jedi?

It would have to be isolated, really. After all, the six movies are all about the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin, really, and it's told perfectly in the two trilogies.

A third trilogy would be superfluous.

kool-aid killer
10-22-2003, 11:11 AM
I would like to see more Star Wars movies but agree with Pendo that anything past ROTJ wouldnt work out well. I would hate to see who they would get to play Han Solo and the rest of the original characters. And i doubt it would follow along with the EU books. Just leave it as it is GL!

El Chuxter
10-22-2003, 11:21 AM
There is already a third trilogy, IMHO:

Episode VII: Heir to the Empire
Episode VIII: Dark Force Rising
Episode IX: The Last Command

All by Timothy Zahn and available wherever books are sold!

plo koon 200
10-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Oh yea you will.....:happy:

WHAT!!!!:eek:
T3 was the most incredibly awesome story. Yea some bad acting by the guy who played John Connor. But T3 had to be told. Too many unanswered questions in T2. T4 doesn't NEED to happen but I wanna see it.:crazed:
The next SW triliogy doesn't need to happen but I wanna see it too.:happy:
If they get someone in there other than Lucas maybe it will good.:)

Holy smokes! How long has it been since you have seen T2. Everything that needed to be answered was answered. As a matter of fact T3 was very short, had little plot, and contradicted the plot T2 insanely which is a brilliant Cameron film. Now tell me how T3 has a good plot when it ruins the plot of T2 and also changes the history of T2. According to T2 what happened in T3 should not have happened. Even Cameron agrees who created the Terminator films. He did not direct T3 because he knew he completed the story. The only good thing about T3 is the special effects.

I really don't see a need for Episodes VII-IX, especially if Lucas was not involved. Sorry but they are Lucas's films and even if Spielberg did them they would not be the same.

El Chuxter
10-22-2003, 03:01 PM
I've not seen T3 and have no desire to. In my mind, there is no T3. There is also no American Pie II, Jurassic Park III, or any of a number of other sequels that just shouldn't have been made.

Star Wars is the tragic story of Anakin Skywalker. It doesn't matter if that was the original intent almost 30 years ago. Another movie couldn't do anything with that premise, since the star is dead.

TheDarthVader
10-22-2003, 03:03 PM
I hope this is not true. They could make a new trilogy which follows the Zahn books (aforementioned). These movies could be great. But I do not want Lucas doing another trilogy. I have enjoy the prequels but ROTJ is where the story needs (and has) to end.

Arrogant Arse
10-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Episode VII: A new Gonk!!
Episode VIII: Sniff, the Mouse Droid
Episode IX: Return of the Gonk!!

The story is about the Knights who say Gonk!, who go around sniffing Mouse Droids. They are eventually defeated in Has-bro-la by Sniff, and his army of R5-Rocket launchers. They are led back, by Steve and are reborn as Knights who Gonk!!.

(Can't you just hear the Oscar buzz starting?!?!?!?!?!):D

plasticfetish
10-22-2003, 03:30 PM
I dunno ... I wouldn't mind another 3.

plo koon 200
10-22-2003, 06:10 PM
Episode VII: A new Gonk!!
Episode VIII: Sniff, the Mouse Droid
Episode IX: Return of the Gonk!!

The story is about the Knights who say Gonk!, who go around sniffing Mouse Droids. They are eventually defeated in Has-bro-la by Sniff, and his army of R5-Rocket launchers. They are led back, by Steve and are reborn as Knights who Gonk!!.

(Can't you just hear the Oscar buzz starting?!?!?!?!?!):D

Brilliant. You should direct VII-IX.

bobafett07728
10-22-2003, 06:20 PM
I would welcome the movies, but I wouldn't put them in the same category as the other six. Honestly, although the six movies are the "rise and fall of Anakin," I don't accept them as a group of six movies (maybe this will change with Episode III.) I see them as The Original Trilogy, and The Prequels, so another trilogy, would be just that. . . another trilogy. I guess its kinda like the James Bond movies. . . in a way. Do I see a clear continuation between all James Bond movies. . . no. Do I care that I don't see that connection. . . no. In my mind. . . every Bond movie is it's own movie. Whether it continues from the previous installment, or stands alone, doesn't make a difference. This is how I take these three "Postquels." Its just another installment of Star Wars lore.

I do have a few questions though:

1. If it isn't a previously written storyline (Thrawn Trilogy, Dark Empire, etc.), how will they fit a NEW story into the timeline without altering all that we have taken for granite in the Expanded Universe?

2. As a follow-up, why is it that Star Wars fans, for the most part, welcome new novels, storylines, comics, and expanded universe lore. . . but are so split on whether new movies be introduced?

As a sidenote. . . wouldn't it be funny if this BIG news Lucasfilm has to release has NOTHING to do with Star Wars, and is more like. . . Howard the Duck II. All of this Episode VII - IX talk would be mute.

plo koon 200
10-22-2003, 06:24 PM
Howard the Duck II- The Ultimate Fan Uproar

Exhaust Port
10-22-2003, 06:29 PM

I agree, those books would make for a perfect trilogy followup. :D

The story at the end of RotJ is no more complete than the story at the end of ANH. When we all saw SW for the first time that was it, no more movies but Lucas was able to complete his trilogy thanks to the success of the first film. We can all think of a thousand possbilities to continue the story, why not do them? If you don't want them to be made (and if they are) then don't watch them. What's so hard about that?

bobafett07728
10-22-2003, 06:32 PM
If you don't want them to be made (and if they are) then don't watch them. What's so hard about that?

Well said.

mrmiller
10-22-2003, 10:52 PM

I think they should do the Zahn Trilogy. Do it with the CGI developed for the Final Fantasy movie, and use the original actors voices. That way it still stays sort of EU, but we get to see it.

=MATT=

stillakid
10-22-2003, 11:48 PM
Well, the first three films (ANH, ESB, and ROTJ) were about the Rebellion and its victory over a tyrannical empire as told through the eyes of a small band of misfit heroes.

The second three films are attempting to remake the saga into a tale solely about the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker. With a simple reedit, the focus of Ep's 1 - 3 could return the saga to its original intent...

...which opens the door for the final 3 films of the saga which naturally lead to the downfall of Luke and his inevitable conflict with Leia.

But since George has lost his own focus, none of this will come to pass and a final trilogy would suck up one side and down the other.

plasticfetish
10-22-2003, 11:51 PM
I would welcome the movies, but I wouldn't put them in the same category as the other six. Honestly, although the six movies are the "rise and fall of Anakin," I don't accept them as a group of six movies (maybe this will change with Episode III.) I see them as The Original Trilogy, and The Prequels, so another trilogy, would be just that. . . another trilogy.
I don't really see them as a group of six either at this point ... but, I don't see all six as being about Anakin. I'd say the first three are for sure about his rise and fall, but 4,5 and 6 are about Luke and his journey that ultimately leads to freeing his father. I'd love to see another trilogy that relates in the same way, taking the story forward to another generation perhaps. Showing us the struggle to really "bring balance" that happens once the Emperor has gone.

Old Fossil
10-23-2003, 12:10 AM
Well, we here at SSG need something to look forward to, theatrically, after 2005.

Don't we? :(

plo koon 200
10-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Well, we here at SSG need something to look forward to, theatrically, after 2005.

Don't we? :(

We do, Transformers The Movie-live action.

Pendo
10-23-2003, 01:03 PM
I don't was any more Star Wars movies after Episode III, the "Star Wars" story is finished! However I wouldn't mind some spin-off movies set in the same universe.

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
10-23-2003, 01:05 PM
For all the S--tting on of the prequels that people do - why SHOULD they make a sequel to the OT? I certainly don't feel it's necessary. El Chuxter is completely correct in his Statement about Zahn's books. Those are great books but would suffer on the big screen.

I say, stop being so damn lazy, crack a book and there's your continuation of the films. Period.

scruffziller
10-23-2003, 01:39 PM

Don't we? :(ABSO-FRIGGIN'-LUTLEY

I know Sir Steve does and Hasbro does and everybody at the Lucas Ranch.:happy:
If not a trilogy after the OT then some kind of SW lore movies somewhere. And who says it has to stop with what is rumored. Jedis of the Old Rebpublic is a definate plus. They got enough dough they can pay Harrison Ford's salary for 3 more movies. If he can make an appearance for the SE commentary he isn't so uptight.:happy:

JEDIpartner
10-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Okay... now... I wouldn't mind Star Wars related projects, but no more films. Work backwards from the way they did Star Trek.

plo koon 200
10-23-2003, 05:22 PM
You know I just want to comment that I am very amazed that people are getting so big over the rumour of the big announcement. All at once everyone is saying Lucasfilm is going to become a big film studio, there will be a big EIII tie in, OT DVD's, and Episode's VII-IX. It seems as if all the sites are capitalizing on all the big fan dreams and everyone is buying into it.

billfremore
10-23-2003, 05:36 PM
For all the S--tting on of the prequels that people do - why SHOULD they make a sequel to the OT?

Now I happen to agree that there should be no more sequels.
After Ep 3, story's done, end of story :D

But I feel I have to comment on the above statement made by Jedipartnr as well as similar statements made by many of the folks who post on these boards.

I think it is unfair to imply that the prequels are failures because the thousands of people on this board and the hundreds of thousands on other similar websites rip on the flaws of the prequels.

The Phantom Menace (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120915/business) grossed $922,379,000 in the theatres and $403,100,000 in movie rentals worldwide.

Attack of the Clones (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121765/business) grossed $648,200,000 theatrically worldwide.

Last I checked the film-makers in Hollywood including George Lucas gauge success by $$$$$.

Obviously somebody liked them and somebody went to see them more than once.
(I think this also includes some of the people who claim to hate the prequels, which boggles my mind)

So I find it a little presumptuous of people on boards like SSG here to say that the movies were failures and everybody hated them.

If they decide to make more movies or not, they will be made or not no matter how much of the minority of the movie going public complains. As long as they make money, they will continue to do whatever they want. This is a business.

Hollywood and George Lucas will continue to put out movies and we will dissect and criticize them all over the internet for anybody who wants to listen.
But I think that no amount of whining and complaining about how Lucas has lost it will have any affect on him or his major decisions.

And with that I look forward to mass-griping when the title for Ep 3 comes out. ;)

TheDarthVader
10-23-2003, 06:15 PM
I can't say that I would not watch the new sequels...I know for sure that I would go see them. But I believe the story should be finished after epIII. I agree with El Chuxter, if there is another 3 movies, they should be based upon the Zahn trilogy. The books would make excellent star wars movies.

evenflow
10-23-2003, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't have mind if they were done immediatley after ROTJ. All they actors are just to old now. Not really needed anymore.

JEDIpartner
10-24-2003, 09:51 AM
Now I happen to agree that there should be no more sequels.
After Ep 3, story's done, end of story :D

But I feel I have to comment on the above statement made by Jedipartnr as well as similar statements made by many of the folks who post on these boards.
...and I don't know if I have made this clear to everyone here: I like the prequels and original trilogy equally!!

So there... :o

billfremore
10-24-2003, 10:27 AM
...and I don't know if I have made this clear to everyone here: I like the prequels and original trilogy equally!!

So there... :o

Point taken JP. :)
I just felt the need to rant, sorry you were the brunt of it.

By the we now have something in common

Be afraid, be very afraid :eek:

2-1B
10-24-2003, 11:34 AM
The Zahn trilogy started off alright but I found it to get pretty goofy so there's no way I'd want to see that on the big screen.

darthzirock
10-24-2003, 01:51 PM
At some point, in either Starlog or another such publication--perhaps it was even Time or Newsweek--Lucas stated that Episodes VII-IX already existed as outlines, just as Episodes I-III did. I think it was during production of TESB that Lucas had said that Eps. VII-IX dealt with the New Republic and the re-establishing of the Jedi Knights. It would be set 20 years after ROTJ, and that the core characters from the OT wouldn't be at the forefront of the story. In fact, he referred to Luke being "the Yoda of the next trilogy," and that Mark Hamill would get first crack at playing him, "... if he looks old enough" (remember, Lucas had originally intended to do the prequels in the late '80s/early '90s, then start the third trilogy around 1999). The main characters for the third trilogy, from what has been gleaned from Lucas' comments over the years, would be younger Jedi knights, perhaps even Han and Leia's children.

If Lucas were to decide to do Eps. VII-IX after all, it's likely that he might very well ignore everything in the Expanded Universe that contradicts his story. Remember, the EU had rather different origin stories for R2 and 3PO than what ended up in the prequels. Granted, there might be an attempt to meld the EU with his new films, since it's been embraced by so many fans--look at the success of The New Jedi Order books, as well as all the other books, comics, games, etc, set in that continuity. For a long time, the EU was limited to immediately following ROTJ to twenty years afterwards--no stories were allowed to take place after that, because Lucas was still considering Eps. VII-IX! Even though TNJO takes place in the period that Eps. VII-IX might occur in, Lucas could always decide to change the time frame in order to make the continuities gel. About the only thing he could do to really scr*w over the EU is still have Chewbacca alive.

I honestly don't see Eps. VII-IX happening. I think it's much more likely, as Pendo suggested, that there could very well be more Star Wars universe films down the road, perhaps based on various properties like Knights of the Old Republic or Tales of the Jedi Knights. Even something that occurs 100 years after ROTJ, after Han, Leia, Wedge, and the others are dead. (Luke, however, might still be around, just old and grizzled like Yoda!) But, I really won't be surprised if, in fact, VII-IX are being developed and do get made. (However, I think Spielberg would ultimately pass on them. As much as he might want to play with George's toys, I think he has other things of his own that he wants to do.)

Now, I have a friend who works at ILM. He's not working on Ep. III, and didn't work on I or II. After all, ILM does other movies, y'know. Anyway, he's heard nothing about doing the third trilogy, and he saw everything on the prequels while they were being worked on. (He was working on Universal's aborted CGI Frankenstein vs. the Wolf Man movie just prior to the post-production work on The Phantom Menace, and the software developed at ILM for the Frankenstein film was used to create the CGI backgrounds in Ep. I.) But, that's not to say that Lucas isn't seriously considering doing them and hasn't put a few of his top ILM guys to work developing stuff, just for his own eyes.

Pendo
10-24-2003, 02:08 PM
With an interview with Mark Hamill, he told that George asked him if he'd star in a movie around the year 2011 where he would play a Merlin-type character passing down Escalibur. I wonder if this would be a Star Wars movie, with Luke Skywalker passing down his knowledge of the force?

PENDO!

El Chuxter
10-24-2003, 02:45 PM
If this does come to pass, I doubt Lucas would kill Chewbacca. IIRC, it was his idea to off Chewie when asked permission to kill one of the main characters.

And you never know. As unlikely as it might be, Anakin Solo's death might have been at Lucas' request, so as not to have three Solo kids running around. Stranger things have happened.

Tycho
10-25-2003, 04:24 AM
Alright Lasers and Gamorreans....

I'm going to try to settle this one in a poll. What should the title be, and what should the choices be?

Let's get some numbers on this. I can put it up on Monday morning and we'll at least get some sort of stats on the board for "How many out of 100 fans want this or that..."

So should the original cast be recalled to make SW sequels?

1) Yes, taking place after ROTJ, with the original cast; not EU related.
2) Yes, taking place after New Jedi Order, also starring Jacen and Jaina Solo.
3) Yes, taking place after New Jedi Order, also starring Ben Skywalker.
4) Yes, making movies out of Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire series.
5) Yes, taking place far into the future, with all new characters.
6) Yes, but make them Prequels before TPM, or much earlier than that.
7) Yes, but tell tales in between Episodes 3 and 4, during the Empire.
8) Yes, but make movies out of other released Star Wars novels, like NJO.
9) No, let Episode 3 be the last movie. Look towards TV, or nothing.

If you guys want to count the numbers on this for a large sample size, help me write the poll or give your OK to the idea I have posted above.

Exhaust Port
10-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Now, I have a friend who works at ILM. Anyway, he's heard nothing about doing the third trilogy...
If anyone would have the jump on information or rumors regarding future SW movies it would be someone like this, not like the other source mentioned from LucasArts. BUT, that's not to say that GL isn't considering the possibility of more movies done the line. ILM would only catch wind of movie talk if GL is looking for sketches or artwork to be done and that's a pretty advanced step for a new movie. It took him almost 20 years to get around to the prequals and up to that point they were no more than a rumor. Perhaps in 2020 we'll hear that GL is gearing up for another round of SW movies.

stillakid
10-25-2003, 01:10 PM
Alright Lasers and Gamorreans....

I'm going to try to settle this one in a poll. What should the title be, and what should the choices be?

Let's get some numbers on this. I can put it up on Monday morning and we'll at least get some sort of stats on the board for "How many out of 100 fans want this or that..."

So should the original cast be recalled to make SW sequels?

1) Yes, taking place after ROTJ, with the original cast; not EU related.
2) Yes, taking place after New Jedi Order, also starring Jacen and Jaina Solo.
3) Yes, taking place after New Jedi Order, also starring Ben Skywalker.
4) Yes, making movies out of Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire series.
5) Yes, taking place far into the future, with all new characters.
6) Yes, but make them Prequels before TPM, or much earlier than that.
7) Yes, but tell tales in between Episodes 3 and 4, during the Empire.
8) Yes, but make movies out of other released Star Wars novels, like NJO.
9) No, let Episode 3 be the last movie. Look towards TV, or nothing.

If you guys want to count the numbers on this for a large sample size, help me write the poll or give your OK to the idea I have posted above.

Hmm, my first choice is 9 because my faith in George's ability to create has slipped significantly in the past few years.

Having said that, in a perfect world I'd prefer choice 1. That is, if it were done correctly. We can argue over what that means some other time. ;)

Tycho
10-25-2003, 01:54 PM
Yes, don't answer my sample poll question - we'll do that in the actual poll thread. Just let me know if the right question is being asked, and all the best possible answers have been offered.

plo koon 200
10-25-2003, 02:47 PM
If Episode VII were to come out in 2008, three years after Episode III that would make it 25 years after ROTJ. That is 10 years prior to NJO. So I think you should also ask, 25 years later/prior NJO. This would also allow George to use Chewbacca.

Tycho
10-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Alright, we're going to include your choice too.

With 10 possibilities, we should probably cap it off.

I'm going to post this poll as the main site poll tonight!

Any last requests for possible answers or as to how to rephrase the question?

I think I should also offer the answer that "No the original cast should not be recalled, but there should be more movies."

I think that covers almost every possible answer.

Tycho
10-26-2003, 10:07 PM
The poll is up and running at http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21802

Steve might have some editing issues with it. I'm not sure yet. I also think perhaps he might add an "Other" option to the 11 choices I already offered you all.

Anyway, this discussion is hereby redirected (voluntarily of course) to the above poll, where we can measure what a lot of fans actually think!

7, 8, and 9?

With who in them? and How's that going to be done?

These and more answers we hope to get the fans' opinions on!

RoyalGuard1
10-27-2003, 12:14 PM
I may be totally wrong here, but I do recall Lucas mentioning that the third trilogy was to take place 500 years after ROTJ. Anyone else remember this??

Also, I remember back in 1983 hearing that episode one was to be released in 1986 and called "Enter the Dark Lord". So the timeframe was off by just a little bit, I for one would welcome the addition of the last trilogy with great interest.

billfremore
10-27-2003, 01:37 PM
Hmm, my first choice is 9 because my faith in George's ability to create has slipped significantly in the past few years.

Having said that, in a perfect world I'd prefer choice 1. That is, if it were done correctly. We can argue over what that means some other time. ;)

Please define what exactly "correctly" means?

JEDIpartner
10-27-2003, 04:08 PM
Point taken JP. :)
I just felt the need to rant, sorry you were the brunt of it.

By the we now have something in common

Be afraid, be very afraid :eek:

Apology accepted... :happy:

Yeah... I would be all for non-big screen Star Wars related projects. I love a lot of the books and am pretty bonkers for the "Clone Wars" micro-series. I just hope similar projects will get the LFL stamp of approval once the films (I-VI) are done...

Gimme a syndicated TV series about the Old-Republic... or some X-Wing Squadron type story. It would be grand. :D

billfremore
10-27-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm all for spin-off stuff. TV, movies, etc.

Say how about the continuing adventures of Kyle Katarn? Got enough there to keep busy for years...

JEDIpartner
10-28-2003, 09:27 AM
No doubt! They'd have to get a good actor that didn't completely fit the stereotypical syndicated series good guy (i.e. - someone who is too goodlooking and lacking talent).

billfremore
10-28-2003, 12:20 PM
No doubt! They'd have to get a good actor that didn't completely fit the stereotypical syndicated series good guy (i.e. - someone who is too goodlooking and lacking talent).

You mean like me? :D
Hey why not Kevin Sorbo, they put him in everything else anyways :rolleyes:

bobafrett
11-04-2003, 11:48 PM
You've all probably read this somewhere, but I thought I'd try to make a contribution to this thread. :D Go to the second article.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue340/news.html

stillakid
11-05-2003, 02:17 AM
You've all probably read this somewhere, but I thought I'd try to make a contribution to this thread. :D Go to the second article.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue340/news.html

Interesting, but let's just say that Lucas would have to eat a little crow before taking on that writer. I'll leave it at that. This sounds more like the hopeful dreams of a fan than anything else.

Tycho
11-05-2003, 04:49 AM
Raiders of the Lost Sandcrawler

A relic of history, throughout the years after the Battle of Yavin, fortune-seekers and archeologists have been seeking R5D4, the droid who helped ensure the fate of the galaxy by aiding in the delivery of R2D2 to Luke Skywalker. But shortly after the Grace of R2D2 left that sandcrawler, Imperial Sandtroopers attacked it and left the Jawas and an un-repaired R5D4 for dead. Now Bossk is close to finding what really happened to R5D4, and Luke wants the knowledge contained in the droid kept secret, to preserve the peace around the last resting place of Owen, Beru, and Cliegg Lars, and Shmi Skywalker. This remote location that has been swallowed by the desert for decades, and it must not be disturbed by those who contracted Bossk: the Tatooine Tours Company. Luke reaffirms his faith and loyalty to his family, by stopping Bossk from catpturing the droid.

Luke Skywalker and the Temple of the Jedi

Luke Skywalker is training a band of new Jedi Knights in the ancient Sith Temples of Yavin IV. The evil of the place taps into his own Skywalker vulnerabilities, and Jedi students who fail him are routinely turned into Sith human sacrafices. Mara Jade teams up with an adolescent Jacen Solo "called Shorty" to free all the Jedi students, and awaken his Uncle from the Black Sea of the Dark Side.

Han Solo and the Last Corellian

(Han is discovered to be a Clone, but finds out his "father" is actually still alive and has been searching for the Great Vocoder, the device that grants one a voice to last forever - only to find out that his immortality is in really in his clones, and the Great Vocoder is in C-3PO, which explains why he never shuts up.)

darthzirock
11-06-2003, 02:57 AM
I may be totally wrong here, but I do recall Lucas mentioning that the third trilogy was to take place 500 years after ROTJ. Anyone else remember this??

Also, I remember back in 1983 hearing that episode one was to be released in 1986 and called "Enter the Dark Lord". So the timeframe was off by just a little bit, I for one would welcome the addition of the last trilogy with great interest.

Nope, sorry, never heard anything about the third trilogy being 500 years after ROTJ. It was always supposed to be 20 years after ROTJ, that's why no novels or comic book stories were allowed to take place more than 20 years after ROTJ for many, many years. Only recently did Lucas okay stories that were 20+ years.

Yes, Lucas had originally intended to start shooting the prequels around 1985. Several things convinced him to hold off, including his own frustrations over some of the effects shots in ROTJ. Basically, he wanted to wait until f/x could meet his vision. However, I never at any time heard the title Enter the Dark Lord. In my vast collection of sci-fi movie mags, there was no such title ever mentioned. During the extensive coverage of TPM's production, this title was never mentioned, and I was writing for Cinefantastique back then.

Also, I wouldn't call the 13 years between 1986 and 1999 as being "off by a little bit," but that's just me.

stillakid
11-06-2003, 11:19 AM
Several things convinced him to hold off...

I can't prove that this is true, but I have heard the part of the reason was because part of his divorce agreement with Marcia was that she would have partial ownership over any Star Wars film that came out within a specified amount of time after the separation. He waited until that period was up and then proceeded to work on the Prequels. There is some circumstantial evidence (having to do with donations to USC) that back this up.

r3pohh yeah
01-16-2004, 04:33 AM
I have to side with plo on this one. T3 was only made to make money and it should have never been conjured up. I think the same would be true if eps. 7-9 were made. but yes I know in the end i would grow to love them because im a star wars junky.