PDA

View Full Version : Everything You Ever Wanted To Know with and without the Major Spoilers

plo koon 200
10-22-2003, 05:59 PM
I'm lost with all these new spoiler reports. I'm really curious if they are real. I have a real challenge for someone out there that is feeding other sites pics and info. My challenge is that you give me pics and info and I will believe what is being said is real. Heck I even promise not to post my info unless you give me permission to. But whoever is making what appears to be fake spoilers should email what info they have to me, scripts and pics help out as well.

What do you guys think?

SplFrcsCWO
10-23-2003, 09:02 AM
Wait for the movie.

derek
10-23-2003, 05:39 PM
even when the story boards of the jango/obi-wan fight and the mace/jango fight were leaked out, half the people here said they were fake, but they proved to be completely true.

i'm thinking most of what we've heard leaked about episode 3 is true. the spies just don't get paid enough to keep their mouths shut. extras, lowly interns, temporary CGI artists, set builders all are major sources of leaks who really have nothing to lose.

DarthChuckMc
11-01-2003, 02:58 AM
Okay....this is what I have compiled of a ton of stuff posted around the 'net. I have know idea how much is real, made up, or just fanboy dreamin'. I'm not sure if it's in exact order either. I've taken ideas from Episode-X, TF.N, and even some info from private emails that were posted online. I am not trying to take credit for ANY of this information, I'm just posting what rumors/spoilers I've collected, and tried to put them in order.

First off. There are NO scenes with Boba Fett. Sorry.

Palps is a prisoner of war, being "held" by Dooku and the Seperatist Army. Anakin and Obi-wan go to rescue him in their Jedi Starfighters, along with many other Jedi Pilots. Obi-wan is on a collision coarse with the Capital ship. Anakin takes out the sheilds, saving Obi-wan from certain death. They find Dooku holding Palps. Anakin takes out Dooku fairly quickly this time, and in front of Palps...much like the Luke/Vader ROTJ duel..only Dooku loses his head. Meanwhile Obi-wan finds Shaak Ti, and watches as she is executed with her own saber by a cyborg named General Grievous. Obi-wan attacks and battles with Grievous. The Captial ship starts to break apart, and is heading into Coruscants's atmosphere. Grievous escapes, and Anakin manages to land what's left of the ship safely. Coruscant has a Fire Department, and we see them in action.

(General Greivous arms split in 4. He's been described as Robocop, meets IG-88, with some Vader mixed in. He comes in again later in the story.)

Padme is planting the seeds of the rebellion in her apartment with Bail Organa and Mon Mothma.

Anakin doesn't receive the praise he expects after saving the Supreme Chancellor, and gets fed up with the Jedi Council. Palps convinces Anakin that the Jedi are corrupt and need to be taken out. Anakin sides with Palps and leaves the order. He tells Padme what's happened, and that he's leaving on a mission from Palps to Mustafar.

Mace goes to confront Palps about Anakin's decision. Mace and Palps wind up fighting for control of Anakin's allegiance. Mace trys to block as much lightning as possible, and is losing. Anakin, shows up behind Mace giving him a false sense of hope, and finishes Mace off, by stabbing him through the back, completing his turn to the dark side.

The Jedi Purge begins. General Grievous, leading the Droid Armies, attack the Clones in one of the largest land battles ever seen. Grievous, goes after Obi-wan. Grievous pulls out lightsabers he's collected from fallen Jedi (Shaak Ti's is one of them), and taunts Obi-wan into a duel. Obi-wan gets the best of him, and winds up using a blaster to the guts to end their fight.

At this point, the Clones turn instantly on their Jedi leaders, killing them off. A Clone Commander Obi-wan befriends, that looks exactly like Jango (of course they're Clones so why wouldn't they), attempts to kill Obi-wan, and much to Obi-wan's dismay, has to kill the Clone.

Meanwhile, Anakin and a group of Clones wipe out everyone they see in the Jedi Temple, including younglings. We'll only see Yoda and Obi-wan watching security tapes of Anakin's slaughter later on, so the violence is implied instead of shown onscreen.

Anakin goes to Mustafar, a lava planet, also where the final duel takes place. He's sent by Palps to wipe out the Seperatist leaders that are left, Wat Tambor, Nute Gunray, San Hill, etc.

There is a battle on Kashhyyk, the Wookiees planet. General Yoda leads the charge against the Seperatists there. We see the Wookiees using many different kinds of technology. Chewie saves Yoda from the now turned Clones, and they return to Coruscant.

Yoda, back on Coruscant, goes to visit Palps, after he meditates, and figures out Palps' plans. Their battle of the Force begins. Palpatine's face changes to the "old" emperor every time he uses force lightning. Palps eventually beats Yoda.

Padme, knowing Anakin's whereabouts tells Obi-wan, and goes with him to try and "save" Anakin. Anakin, angry that Padme "betrayed" him, Force Chokes her, and throws her against a wall, knocking her unconscience.

The DUEL takes place over many areas of Mustafar. Obi-wan gets the best of Anakin, chopping off an arm, maybe both. Anakin falls into a crevasse due to an eruption/earthquake. Obi-wan tries to save him, but Anakin refuses his hand, and falls into the lava.

On the Tantive IV, Padme is dying, and is about to give birth, prematurely. They land on a NEW planet. Padme needs medical attention, and she won't last until they reach Naboo or Alderaan. This is where Bruce Spence's character comes in. They've been described as similar to the alien from Close Encounters (more so than Kaminoans I guess). Padme asks Obi-wan to take the children, but not to tell them about Anakin's turn to the dark side. She dies shortly after their births. Yoda, Bail, and Obi-wan decide what to do with the children. Yoda uses an Escape Pod, and takes off to Dagobah until he is needed again. C-3PO has his memory wiped by Bail, so Leia's secret can't be revealed by accident.

Anakin, what's left of him, is brought into a lab, and is fitted with cybornetic parts. Palps is there when Anakin wakes up. Anakin asks about Padme, and Palps tells him she's dead, because of him. Anakin goes into a rage, and rips apart the lab and everything in it using the Force. (Anakin will most likely look like we see him in ROTJ after Luke removes his mask...Vader suit, except from the nose up..bald head, scarred face, etc).

The finale is Bail Organa with baby Leia on Alderaan, Obi-wan on Tatooine leaving Luke at Owen and Beru's, and Palps, Tarkin and Vader, standing on the bridge of a Star Destroyer looking out, as the construction begins on the first Death Star.

plo koon 200
11-01-2003, 11:37 AM
From what I have heard Anakin loses his leg in the duel.

Everything else seems somewhat acurate but some of the events may appear in a differnt order, at least from what I have heard myself.

And where did you get these e-mails from. No one gives me any secret EIII e-mail.

TheDarthVader
11-03-2003, 08:14 PM
Interesting story there, Darth Chuck. Sounds pretty cool to me. We'll have to wait and see how much of that turns out to be true! :)

stillakid
11-03-2003, 09:09 PM
If that's the story, then all is lost. Lucas will have succeeded completely in going down the darkpath himself by utterly giving away every single surprise from the OT. Of course, not that it matters much. He's already blown continuity and Episodes I and II pretty much give away too much already. The end result is that these can never really be seen in Episode order without having a completely boring second trilogy.

For the sake of the saga, I hope that the above "spoiler" is 100% fabricated.

2-1B
11-04-2003, 12:26 AM
Well I couldn't give 2 squirts about preserving any secrets. Hey, I had to watch these in order of release so future audiences can do the same. To hell with them. If they're too lazy to note the historical order of release and watch them that way, then I don't care if they are "surprised" by anything at all.

That being said, I have my own BIG reservations about Episode 3 and most of it centers around General Grievous. If all of this is true, I think he is completely unneccessary and will possible dilute Episode 3.

I've been pretty "rah-rah" about the prequels so far but I'm nervous about this one. Could be a step down from AOTC. :D

stillakid
11-04-2003, 08:10 AM
That being said, I have my own BIG reservations about Episode 3 and most of it centers around General Grievous. If all of this is true, I think he is completely unneccessary and will possible dilute Episode 3.

I'm with you there. Adding another generic bad guy to the mix? What for? It is entirely unnecessary. Had George to do this all over again, he should have made the Maul character more than an impulsive pitbull and created a character which combined the traits of Maul with Dooku who escapes Naboo at the end of TPM, returns in AOTC to do all the necessary political stuff, and then can be dispatched easily by Anakin in Episode III as a kind of final revenge against the guy who initially rescued him from Tatooine (Qui Gon). But instead, it's just another in a line of bad guys who need to be killed before Episode IV rolls around. >yawn<

2-1B
11-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Yeah, that's how I feel, too.

I like Maul in TPM. Put him out there as a bad guy to get killed and have a happy ending while his master goes on to the next film. Cool. 10 years later we have Count Dooku in AOTC. STOP RIGHT THERE ! ! ! HE'S PERFECT ! ! ! Let him survive AOTC and then get killed in Episode III by Anakin. Have Anakin kill him to take his place at Sidious' side and STOP. That's all we need for bad guys. After Dooku is dead, the only bad guy we should be focused on is the Emperor.

Sidious/Dooku and then Sidious/Vader in the same movie is plenty of 'bad guy' for me.

We'll see. :D

Turambar
11-04-2003, 10:04 PM
If that's the story, then all is lost. Lucas will have succeeded completely in going down the darkpath himself by utterly giving away every single surprise from the OT. Of course, not that it matters much. He's already blown continuity and Episodes I and II pretty much give away too much already. The end result is that these can never really be seen in Episode order without having a completely boring second trilogy.

For the sake of the saga, I hope that the above "spoiler" is 100% fabricated.

Originally, I wanted to see the anakin/vader identity preserved. But now I just don't believe a newcomer to SW could enjoy it as much if watching from episodes 1-6. I think the PT is certainly more enjoyable because we know what became of the characters later, conversely I think the OT would be less enjoyable if seen with no more surprises.

I think they'd be best viewed beginning as GL decided to do in the first place with 4-6, then if there is still interest go look up the backstory. Afterall the PT is mainly there to give fans what they always wanted to see: more boba fett, the clone wars, young anakin and obi-wan, the jedi order & old republic, more sith, lots of jedi in action, yoda kicking butt, the emperor fighting, and of course to see wookies in action. So, even if some people (including myself) feel the PT stories are lacking at times, I can't argue that I wanted to see all the things it has or is going to show us. But I would always recommend 4-6 before 1-3. On that note I hope vader's identity isn't kept secret in E3.

stillakid
11-05-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally, I wanted to see the anakin/vader identity preserved. But now I just don't believe a newcomer to SW could enjoy it as much if watching from episodes 1-6. I think the PT is certainly more enjoyable because we know what became of the characters later, conversely I think the OT would be less enjoyable if seen with no more surprises.

I think they'd be best viewed beginning as GL decided to do in the first place with 4-6, then if there is still interest go look up the backstory. Afterall the PT is mainly there to give fans what they always wanted to see: more boba fett, the clone wars, young anakin and obi-wan, the jedi order & old republic, more sith, lots of jedi in action, yoda kicking butt, the emperor fighting, and of course to see wookies in action. So, even if some people (including myself) feel the PT stories are lacking at times, I can't argue that I wanted to see all the things it has or is going to show us. But I would always recommend 4-6 before 1-3. On that note I hope vader's identity isn't kept secret in E3.

I see what you're saying, but I definitely never wanted to see more of Boba Fett and the Fett Family nor any more Wookies in a bar brawl or any of the lil' Skywalkers. Even seeing Yoda "kick butt" wasn't on my list, though his presence was inevitable. The rest of it is necessary to tell the story (the backstory), but showing this reported "montage" transformation of Vader is ridiculous no matter what.

TheDarthVader
11-06-2003, 11:12 AM
I'm with you there. Adding another generic bad guy to the mix? What for? It is entirely unnecessary. Had George to do this all over again, he should have made the Maul character more than an impulsive pitbull and created a character which combined the traits of Maul with Dooku

I will have to agree with stillakid on this one. I don't know why Lucas would add another "generic" bad guy to the movie. The movie would be fine with the bad guys it has now...dooku and palpatine...along with nute gunray and those seperatists.

billfremore
11-06-2003, 11:32 AM
I see what you're saying, but I definitely never wanted to see more of Boba Fett and the Fett Family nor any more Wookies in a bar brawl or any of the lil' Skywalkers. Even seeing Yoda "kick butt" wasn't on my list, though his presence was inevitable. The rest of it is necessary to tell the story (the backstory), but showing this reported "montage" transformation of Vader is ridiculous no matter what.

Now I'm curious, what exactly is on your list of things you wanted to see? :cool:

stillakid
11-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Now I'm curious, what exactly is on your list of things you wanted to see? :cool:

I wanted to see more of the political "Machivelian" maneuvering that Lucas promised us in an '80s Playboy interview. I didn't have a "list" per se. As this is George's property, he's free to (and responsible for) creating a story which is consistent to the continuity that he established initially in 1977-1983. I can only respond to incongruities that are obvious to me (and a lot of other quieter people). So when he tosses in something like the Fett's just to please the fanboys (he admitted this openly in a recent issue of Star Wars Insider), I have to wonder what happened to his sense of just telling a good story. Not only was the origin of Boba not necessary, but even broaching the subject all but ruined the mystique that was present from the OT about him. It was exactly his presence "on the fringes" of the saga which made him so popular. That and his kickarse costume. So his "cashing in" on that popularity just for some titillating giggles from overeager fanboys is rather disappointing.

But back to your question, I wanted (expected) to see a bit more of the Senate. More politics at work and less gratuitious action stuff. Lucas even said (in the '80s) that people would be less likely to like the Prequels because they would be less action oriented. That's a frickin' far cry from what we've been handed. I didn't expect to see gratuitous inclusions of characters like the Lar's Family, The Swiss Family Fett, nor the impending doom of the Anakin-to-Vader montage. All B*llsh*t inclusions that are not only unnecessary, but really drag down what others helped him to create previously. It's like slapping Huyck, Katz, Kasdan, Kazanjian, and Marquand collectively in the face and saying, "F you! I don't care that the fans round the world liked what you created, I'm going to change it all because I'm in charge here." It's not fair to them, and it's not fair to us.

But in the end, it's his dime, so I'll just put these Prequels in that EU column and carry on. :)

Slicker
08-25-2005, 06:45 PM
First off. There are NO scenes with Boba Fett. Sorry.

Palps is a prisoner of war, being "held" by Dooku and the Seperatist Army. Anakin and Obi-wan go to rescue him in their Jedi Starfighters, along with many other Jedi Pilots. Obi-wan is on a collision coarse with the Capital ship. Anakin takes out the sheilds, saving Obi-wan from certain death. They find Dooku holding Palps. Anakin takes out Dooku fairly quickly this time, and in front of Palps...much like the Luke/Vader ROTJ duel..only Dooku loses his head. Meanwhile Obi-wan finds Shaak Ti, and watches as she is executed with her own saber by a cyborg named General Grievous. Obi-wan attacks and battles with Grievous. The Captial ship starts to break apart, and is heading into Coruscants's atmosphere. Grievous escapes, and Anakin manages to land what's left of the ship safely. Coruscant has a Fire Department, and we see them in action.

(General Greivous arms split in 4. He's been described as Robocop, meets IG-88, with some Vader mixed in. He comes in again later in the story.)

Padme is planting the seeds of the rebellion in her apartment with Bail Organa and Mon Mothma.

Anakin doesn't receive the praise he expects after saving the Supreme Chancellor, and gets fed up with the Jedi Council. Palps convinces Anakin that the Jedi are corrupt and need to be taken out. Anakin sides with Palps and leaves the order. He tells Padme what's happened, and that he's leaving on a mission from Palps to Mustafar.

Mace goes to confront Palps about Anakin's decision. Mace and Palps wind up fighting for control of Anakin's allegiance. Mace trys to block as much lightning as possible, and is losing. Anakin, shows up behind Mace giving him a false sense of hope, and finishes Mace off, by stabbing him through the back, completing his turn to the dark side.

The Jedi Purge begins. General Grievous, leading the Droid Armies, attack the Clones in one of the largest land battles ever seen. Grievous, goes after Obi-wan. Grievous pulls out lightsabers he's collected from fallen Jedi (Shaak Ti's is one of them), and taunts Obi-wan into a duel. Obi-wan gets the best of him, and winds up using a blaster to the guts to end their fight.

At this point, the Clones turn instantly on their Jedi leaders, killing them off. A Clone Commander Obi-wan befriends, that looks exactly like Jango (of course they're Clones so why wouldn't they), attempts to kill Obi-wan, and much to Obi-wan's dismay, has to kill the Clone.

Meanwhile, Anakin and a group of Clones wipe out everyone they see in the Jedi Temple, including younglings. We'll only see Yoda and Obi-wan watching security tapes of Anakin's slaughter later on, so the violence is implied instead of shown onscreen.

Anakin goes to Mustafar, a lava planet, also where the final duel takes place. He's sent by Palps to wipe out the Seperatist leaders that are left, Wat Tambor, Nute Gunray, San Hill, etc.

There is a battle on Kashhyyk, the Wookiees planet. General Yoda leads the charge against the Seperatists there. We see the Wookiees using many different kinds of technology. Chewie saves Yoda from the now turned Clones, and they return to Coruscant.

Yoda, back on Coruscant, goes to visit Palps, after he meditates, and figures out Palps' plans. Their battle of the Force begins. Palpatine's face changes to the "old" emperor every time he uses force lightning. Palps eventually beats Yoda.

Padme, knowing Anakin's whereabouts tells Obi-wan, and goes with him to try and "save" Anakin. Anakin, angry that Padme "betrayed" him, Force Chokes her, and throws her against a wall, knocking her unconscience.

The DUEL takes place over many areas of Mustafar. Obi-wan gets the best of Anakin, chopping off an arm, maybe both. Anakin falls into a crevasse due to an eruption/earthquake. Obi-wan tries to save him, but Anakin refuses his hand, and falls into the lava.

On the Tantive IV, Padme is dying, and is about to give birth, prematurely. They land on a NEW planet. Padme needs medical attention, and she won't last until they reach Naboo or Alderaan. This is where Bruce Spence's character comes in. They've been described as similar to the alien from Close Encounters (more so than Kaminoans I guess). Padme asks Obi-wan to take the children, but not to tell them about Anakin's turn to the dark side. She dies shortly after their births. Yoda, Bail, and Obi-wan decide what to do with the children. Yoda uses an Escape Pod, and takes off to Dagobah until he is needed again. C-3PO has his memory wiped by Bail, so Leia's secret can't be revealed by accident.

Anakin, what's left of him, is brought into a lab, and is fitted with cybornetic parts. Palps is there when Anakin wakes up. Anakin asks about Padme, and Palps tells him she's dead, because of him. Anakin goes into a rage, and rips apart the lab and everything in it using the Force. (Anakin will most likely look like we see him in ROTJ after Luke removes his mask...Vader suit, except from the nose up..bald head, scarred face, etc).

The finale is Bail Organa with baby Leia on Alderaan, Obi-wan on Tatooine leaving Luke at Owen and Beru's, and Palps, Tarkin and Vader, standing on the bridge of a Star Destroyer looking out, as the construction begins on the first Death Star.None of that sounds even remotely believable. Where did you find that rubbish?:whip:

General_Grievous
08-25-2005, 07:34 PM
There was one thing I liked in there that should have been in the movie:

That would've been awesome to see Obi-Wan kill Cody like that.:twisted:

JediTricks
08-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Anakin falls into a crevasse due to an eruption/earthquake. Obi-wan tries to save him, but Anakin refuses his hand, and falls into the lava.This is represented in 2 different Hasbro toys, the Anakin hand in the lava thing, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn all those changes and such actually were there - we know the Mace vs Palps thing was changed drastically once, possibly even twice, so that's believable.

Rocketboy
08-25-2005, 10:22 PM
I would have preferred the Anakin lava thing to be done like that.
My only gripe with ROTS was that Anakin didn't fall in the lava.

2-1B
08-25-2005, 11:51 PM
The thing about Anners being ticked that he didn't get enough praise for clipping Dooku was in the novelization. I'm glad it wasn't in the movie. :)

CaptainSolo1138
08-26-2005, 07:47 AM
I would have preferred the Anakin lava thing to be done like that.
Me too! That would have made it look more like Anakin chose his fate instead of him just getting DOMINATED by Obers.

He would have let himself become Vader (or horribly disfigured, at least,by voluntarily falling into the lava) instead of someone else turning him into Vader (by giving him the suit to save his life). He would have looked less like a puppet had he done it of his own free will.

Rocketboy
08-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Plus, we've been told since '83 that Anakin fell into the lava.

2-1B
08-26-2005, 12:58 PM
By whom ? The back of a 1995 Kenner figure card ? Rocky, you need to be more discriminating in the source material you use. lol lol lol

El Chuxter
08-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Actually it was the novelization of ROTJ.

Yes, the same book that stated Owen was Obi-Wan's brother.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-26-2005, 05:14 PM
If Anakin fell into the lava, he'd have been much worse off than he was in ROTJ.

I'm very surprised at how accurate that report was. That's very interesting.

JediTricks
08-26-2005, 08:06 PM
If Anakin fell into the lava, he'd have been much worse off than he was in ROTJ.
Not if he used the Force to keep him alive - at least keep the lava from burning off anything beyond his extremities. Let's face it, this is Star Wars, it can be a little out there and still pull it off with the right sci-fantasy explanation. Plus, we have no idea how bad off he was in ROTJ, all we saw was a scarred head and a skeleton for the torso and upper arms.