PDA

View Full Version : Lucasfilm Rumors

roguematt7
10-22-2003, 08:06 PM
I'm glad SSG posted the news about Lucasfilm, I've heard some of the rumors going around the internet and I wanted to see if they match up with what others have heard. Way I hear it, Lucas is considering turning Lucasfilm into a full fledged movie studio and (the HUGE news) he's considering doing Episodes 7, 8, and 9! This all comes to me from a friend of mine who works for a video game website. His Lucasarts contact was the one who told him about what GL has been thinking of doing lately, so it sounds like it could have some validity.

derek
10-22-2003, 08:11 PM
episodes 7-9 would be a good business decision, and if they went forward with this, i'd like to see lucas act as just an executive producer, like he did with empire, jedi and the 3 indiana jones films......develop a story outline and then hire talented writers and directors to do the hands on stuff.

i'd love to see guys like speilburg and james cameron direct some of the movies.

i'd really rather see 3 movies that covered the 10 years between episodes 3 and 4. those would be the real "vader trilogy"! ;)

here is what i think the big announcement will be:

lucas film will announce a planned marketing blitz for episode 3........OT DVD's and a new trilogy are probably just fan wishes. :cry:

[DSS]Pedr0
10-22-2003, 08:16 PM
Well, the only thing I know that is CONFIRMED is that Gentle Giants LTD. is gonna have this BIG "meeting" with LUCASFILM soon.

plo koon 200
10-22-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm glad SSG posted the news about Lucasfilm, I've heard some of the rumors going around the internet and I wanted to see if they match up with what others have heard. Way I hear it, Lucas is considering turning Lucasfilm into a full fledged movie studio and (the HUGE news) he's considering doing Episodes 7, 8, and 9! This all comes to me from a friend of mine who works for a video game website. His Lucasarts contact was the one who told him about what GL has been thinking of doing lately, so it sounds like it could have some validity.

Yah but who is his LucasArts contact? How can I trust that info?

Exhaust Port
10-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Why would a game website or even Lucasarts be the first to know about movies? The GL business is a large one and just because someone within the walls says they know something doesn't mean it's true or even remotely close to fact. Perhaps if the lead came out of Lucasfilm perhaps I would believe it a bit but not a video game maker. Plus, Episode III isn't even complete yet, why would he be worrying about doing another 3 movies now? Heck, he knew that he was going to make Episodes I-III and that only took almost 20 years before he made the announcement that he was making them.

Old Fossil
10-22-2003, 10:48 PM
The RS rumor mill (I think that's where I first heard this, yesterday) has GL considering Episodes VII-IX with some other director at the helm...Spielberg was mentioned in the article, along with the observation that it would take mega-$$$, as well as greater creative input, to get Harrison Ford back into the cockpit of the Falcon.

God, I can think of no greater cinema sequel!

bobafrett
10-22-2003, 11:27 PM
Pedr0']Well, the only thing I know that is CONFIRMED is that Gentle Giants LTD. is gonna have this BIG "meeting" with LUCASFILM soon.

Yes, and they are going to make a mini bust of a Stormtrooper, that's the big rumor! :D I'm going to wait to get confirmed news on this before speculating.

JediTricks
10-23-2003, 01:43 AM
Rumors, bah! Anyway, I'm pretty sure the article from - where was it, cinescape? - that said it was a marketing meeting for Ep 3 makes the most sense. In truth, I originally suspected it to be a kickoff for the Clone Wars cartoon.

2-1B
10-23-2003, 02:23 AM
They're going to make a new trilogy but it will be a remake trilogy of the OT. James Van Der Beek as Luke Skywalker, Jessica Biel as Princess Leia, and Ashton Kutcher as Han Solo.

When this hits the big screen, remember who told you first.

plasticfetish
10-23-2003, 02:30 AM
...and Ashton Kutcher as Han Solo.
OH MY GAWD ... He's so cute! Is that for real? I can hardly wait!!!

:dead:

2-1B
10-23-2003, 02:50 AM
Yes it is for real and he will be piloting the Millenium Punk'd.

JediTricks
10-23-2003, 02:56 AM
They're going to make a new trilogy but it will be a remake trilogy of the OT. James Van Der Beek as Luke Skywalker, Jessica Biel as Princess Leia, and Ashton Kutcher as Han Solo.

When this hits the big screen, remember who told you first.Yeah, and I'll remember who to blame for putting the idea in Lucas' fat, bearded head. ;)

The films will be titled:
- Star Wars: Episode 4.2 - Skywalker's Creek
- Star Wars: Episode 5.2 - Dude, Where's my Falcon?
- Star Wars: Episode 6.2 - Jedi Heaven

(yeah, I know the last one wasn't that funny)

2-1B
10-23-2003, 03:16 AM
JT, you can always go for the alternate Episode 6.2 title of "Touched by a Jedi" but then Della Reese might demand a cameo.

Jargo
10-23-2003, 07:36 AM
Personally speaking, I wish they would remake the originals and stop tinkering with them. leave classics as classics and just make new movies that match the prequels in quality. Let's face it, by the time LFL are done with messing around with the OT to match it to the PT it'll be a completely new trilogy anyway. Be easier to start from scratch and say "the originals sucked and we're embarased by them even though they made us rich. Here's the dumbed down version for the shoot em up generation."

BTW I think all these rumours are total crap. RS, T-Bone, Episode X, TFN, AICN, get a grip!

plo koon 200
10-23-2003, 07:40 AM
BTW I think all these rumours are total crap. RS, T-Bone, Episode X, TFN, AICN, get a grip!

I agree. I wonder what happened to these sites since last year. It must have been Hyperspace. I never knew that this pay service would change the Star Wars websites on such a dramatic scale.

bobafrett
10-23-2003, 08:19 AM
JT, you can always go for the alternate Episode 6.2 title of "Touched by a Jedi" but then Della Reese might demand a cameo.

Yes, I believe that they need an overweight African American women to represent in the new wave of trilogy, but she'll have to talk in a southern drawl. ;)

InsaneJediGirl
10-23-2003, 09:46 AM
The rumors are pretty stupid floating around.My bet is on a CW/E3 blitz or Orginal Trilogy DVDs.I doubt the latter,but you never know.

stillakid
10-23-2003, 12:08 PM

I thought Josh Hartnet was the new Harrison Ford for Fall?

plo koon 200
10-23-2003, 04:23 PM
No, it was Ben Affleck until he withdrew for the next Daredevil film.

El Chuxter
10-23-2003, 04:42 PM
I think it's all going to revolve around sending an army of corporate thugs with brainwashing materials to make all the fans worldwide think Greedo shooting first was the best idea in history.

2-1B
10-24-2003, 01:43 AM
I thought Josh Hartnet was the new Harrison Ford for Fall?

Duh stillakid, Joshy is soooooooooo last summer ever since his movie Hollywood Homicide with Harrison Ford bombed. Like, where have you been? :D

stillakid
10-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Duh stillakid, Joshy is soooooooooo last summer ever since his movie Hollywood Homicide with Harrison Ford bombed. Like, where have you been? :D

Oh yeah! Forgot about that one (along with everyone else). :D Christian Bale maybe?

Darth Deering
10-24-2003, 05:17 PM

Ha! Funny. I'm thinking that this time, instead of C-3PO being all prim and proper, they'll cast Collon Farrell and give the character a little more edge!

Jargo
10-25-2003, 08:42 AM
They'll have Vin Diesel as Vader, and a CGI Chewbacca. Stormtroopers wioll remove their helmets to reveal that Russell Crowe is the face of the troopers. Guy Pierce will play Tarkin.
The cantina will be a dull CGI arena of flat animated over the top weird characters who hardly interact with anything and the scene will be tensionless and long winded and Greedo will be replaced by a cyborg Hutt with arms that split in half and he'll fire with four weapons and Han will block every single shot with his personal forcefield before blasted the cyborg Hutt into jelly slush. The bartender will be played by a CGI Burgess Meredith.
There'll be a CGI holocaust segment when Alderaan blows up where we'll see people fry in molten rock bursts and cities destroyed.
The trash compactor segment will have special smellorama cards where you can scratch and sniff to smell the trash or the Dianoga or a wet Wookiee.
Bespin will be full of Polynesian people and mexicans, the battle of Hoth will have an interactive element accessible on the straight to DVD version where you get to pilot the snowspeeder that takes down the AT-AT. Lando will become a woman played by Halle Berry and Lobot will be played by Hayley Joel Osment.
The final duel will be a matrix like deal with heavy strobe lighting and special 3D effects.
The Ewoks will be replaced by Yuzzum's that all look like Joh Yowza but tote guns that shoot vegetable bullets.
The death star will send a wavbe of deadly radiation cascading down on Endor wiping out all the characters and the entire rebel fleet thus ensuring that everyone is dead at the end and there can be no third trilogy and all crappy EU books get trashed in an instant. :)

mabudonicus
10-25-2003, 11:39 AM
Okay, Jargo, after reading your post I've changed my mind...
Maybe the "Now THIS is Star Wars-Suped Duper Edition" WILL be on my 2006 x-mas list after all....
Any confirmation on the Imperial foodfight sequence being chopped??? I heard that Lucas was having trouble getting John Williams to incorporate samples and record-scratching into the soundtrack, and that without the up-to-date "urban" background score the scene would seem like something that just got tacked on.....
That's what I HEARD, anyways...... :D

stillakid
10-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Ha! Funny. I'm thinking that this time, instead of C-3PO being all prim and proper, they'll cast Collon Farrell and give the character a little more edge!

excerpt from the SuperNifty ESB...

C3PO
F***ing typical

SOLO
C'mon goldenrod or you're going to be a permanent resident!

C3PO
F*** you.

stillakid
10-25-2003, 12:07 PM
They'll have Vin Diesel as Vader, and a CGI Chewbacca. Stormtroopers wioll remove their helmets to reveal that Russell Crowe is the face of the troopers. Guy Pierce will play Tarkin.
The cantina will be a dull CGI arena of flat animated over the top weird characters who hardly interact with anything and the scene will be tensionless and long winded and Greedo will be replaced by a cyborg Hutt with arms that split in half and he'll fire with four weapons and Han will block every single shot with his personal forcefield before blasted the cyborg Hutt into jelly slush. The bartender will be played by a CGI Burgess Meredith.
There'll be a CGI holocaust segment when Alderaan blows up where we'll see people fry in molten rock bursts and cities destroyed.
The trash compactor segment will have special smellorama cards where you can scratch and sniff to smell the trash or the Dianoga or a wet Wookiee.
Bespin will be full of Polynesian people and mexicans, the battle of Hoth will have an interactive element accessible on the straight to DVD version where you get to pilot the snowspeeder that takes down the AT-AT. Lando will become a woman played by Halle Berry and Lobot will be played by Hayley Joel Osment.
The final duel will be a matrix like deal with heavy strobe lighting and special 3D effects.
The Ewoks will be replaced by Yuzzum's that all look like Joh Yowza but tote guns that shoot vegetable bullets.
The death star will send a wavbe of deadly radiation cascading down on Endor wiping out all the characters and the entire rebel fleet thus ensuring that everyone is dead at the end and there can be no third trilogy and all crappy EU books get trashed in an instant. :)

I like the Halle Berry part. A new level of intrigue as she puts the moves on Leia. Grrrwwlllll. :kiss:

Jargo
10-25-2003, 02:59 PM
Yeah well that will be explained as Lando used to be male but after losing a game of sabbaacc to a Hutt he had to hide fast and so he had the change. So therefore he's still a guy really but it's just an excuse to get Halle Berry into the movie dressed in some figure enhancing costume and what have you.
Leia will be played like a valley girl. Luke will have a country boy accent. R2 will be replaced by a palmtop computer. 3PO will be sprayed rose coloured to reflect his character better. He will be voiced by harvey Fierstein.

JediTricks
10-25-2003, 07:35 PM
And George Lucas will be replaced by a wheel of cheese.

stillakid
10-26-2003, 01:08 AM
And George Lucas will be replaced by a wheel of cheese.

I'm usually good with the Dennis-Millerisms, but that one flew right past me... :sur:

InsaneJediGirl
11-06-2003, 05:45 AM
The day has come and passed,with still nothing.Where is this 'annoucement'?

Beast
11-06-2003, 06:06 AM
I don't think Lucasfilm ever said there was going to be an actual announcement. The big deal at the Presidio was supposedly supposed to just be for Lucas/Lucasfilm to meet and plan marketing strategy with the various companies that make Star Wars products.

If there is an announcement of anything like the DVD, I'm sure we'll hear something official from the Lucasfilm camp sooner or later. But supposedly none of the DVD sites had anyone there. So who really knows what's going on. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-06-2003, 02:23 PM
Mr. Lucas, Mr. Lucas knows what's goin' on. Um, woulda thunked that wuz obvlious. :crazed:

wawe1
11-15-2003, 06:22 PM
[/FONT][SIZE=7][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Arial]
SO WHAT WAS THIS HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT ANYWAY?

I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING. I THINK THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT WAS NOTHING MORE THAN JUST A RUMOR.

James Boba Fettfield
11-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Well, there's not been an OFFICIAL word (or at least I'm not aware of one), but the word on what supposedly happened can be summarized best by JJB in this thread: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21957

wawe1
11-15-2003, 10:53 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21957[/url][/QUOTE]

THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!!!!!!