PDA

View Full Version : MORE Clone Wars figures/vehicles in 2004?

darthzirock
10-23-2003, 03:19 AM
According to a post back on 10/13/03 at Artoo's News, The Private Universe is claiming that there will definitely be more Clone Wars stuff from Hasbro in 2004. There was no other info at Artoo's News, and the item had already been removed from TPU. So ... can it be true? Despite what Hasbro has already said publicly, are more Clone Wars figures, sets, and vehicles being planned? And, if that's the case, what might they be planning to make next? Could this just be an expansion of the Target-exclusive animated Clone Wars figures, to include Yoda and a Clone Trooper?

I've gotta admit, I'd like to see the CW toy lines continued. Based on the images of the upcoming Kit Fisto and Saesee Tiin figures alone, I think the line has more potential than Hasbro initially envisioned. So, I thought this thread might not only give us a chance to post new info on the CW line as it happens, but also to post our CW figure wants.

Clone Wars figures I'd like to see:

* Yoda (2nd version): this time without the Hoverplatform and maybe without the stupid battle poncho. Give him a few other accessories than just the lightsaber, too.

* Aayla Secura: with some nice snap-on armor, a more movie-accurate lightsaber, and maybe even a soft goods cloak.

* Count Dooku: since he's seen in the Dark Horse comics set in the CW, why not a figure? Give him a few cool accessories--but no more Force lightning, please!

plo koon 200
10-23-2003, 08:48 AM
I don't know if this is true but my favorite animated version of a character is Dooku based on what I have seen on Cartoon Network. I don't know why Hasbro continues to assume that kids and collectors don't want Yoda and Dooku's. They thought the same thing last year and look at what happened.

seanmcfripp
10-23-2003, 11:42 AM
I love the Clone Wars line. I'd buy anything Hasbro would put out.

I'd like to see:

-Any of the Jedi, but make sure eveyone has a headset. I want to be able to make anyone fly a Jedi starfighter.
-More Jedi starfighter repaints. I don't know why, i just think it'd be cool. They could put little specialized insignias by the cockpits to personalize the ships for each Jedi.
-ARC trooper captain with red highlights. We've seen him in the CW cartoon, so let's see him action figure form.
-ARC trooper pilots for the Command gunship
-Release of the small spider droid. And let's get a version of the big spider droid. And let's get a tank droid while we're at it.

Hasbro could also do some easy stuff. They could take all the arms and heads and legs of the clone trooper army builder pack and mix and match. Give the arms of the "lying down" trooper to the "standing up" trooper, or something like that. Just makes for a little variey. Or just do a pack with all standing troopers. I know people would buy 'em up like hotcakes.

Val Da Car
10-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Seen on Cartoon network...clone fighter single pilot ship ....

Looks Very Cool Indeed and would be a great toy.

The V-19 Clone fighter is the name but no specs just yet..

Looks like the predecessor of the B-Wing (maybe just personal speculation)....

I am sure the EU ppl are going to flip out...

keithfite
10-23-2003, 02:39 PM
I just hope they keep making toys in the regular style. I like the animated, but like mention the new Kit Fisto and other figures in the regular style are great.

I would like them to focus on the CW comics just as much as the cartoon. I would like to see
Quinlan Vos
Red ARC commander
Any Jedi that come with armor or some new gadgets. I would like to see a clone wars Ki Adi or Plo Koon
and many from the comics.

I think all they have made so far are great. and I will buy any they put out

jedi master sal
10-23-2003, 02:54 PM
it's refreshing to see someone with enthusiasm like seanmcfripp.

I'd love to see more clone packs!

Val Da Car, I saw that fighter too. Not only does it look like a precursor to the B-wing but partially an x-wing as well. Notice the slanted wings and even the paint scheme.

seanmcfripp, the small spider droid is out actually. It was made in Saga packaging and is a wind up toy. Some people don't like that idea, but I really love it. It's a REAL TOY! I haven't bought a wind-up toy of anything for oh....well a really long time. Here's the link to it to see it:

http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=30641

The Homing spider droid (large one) was supposed to be realized as an Action Fleet vehicle, before Hasbro shut production of the line down. Here's the link to that one:

http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=30649

As to repaints of Jedi Starfighters, I think we have enough of those for now (IMO). I agree that a Red ARC trooper would be very cool. But, if they never produce it, the light blue one is very easy to custom. Just repaint it and your nearly done. Just that little shoulder pack on the shoulder paulron is different from what I can see.

darthzirock
10-23-2003, 04:58 PM
I'd even venture that maybe a nice 3-pack of "battle-damaged" Clone Troopers would go over nicely with the diorama builders. And, they really should make a second Jedi Army 3-pack. This time, though, they could do some of those blink-and-you'll-miss-them background Jedi from AOTC.

amidalak
10-23-2003, 05:45 PM
i would love to see luminara unduli and barris offee redone in the clone wars line, making them more articulated, less posed/scene specific, and with soft goods like the upcoming saesee tinn!

seanmcfripp
10-24-2003, 06:27 AM
seanmcfripp, the small spider droid is out actually. It was made in Saga packaging and is a wind up toy. Some people don't like that idea, but I really love it. It's a REAL TOY! I haven't bought a wind-up toy of anything for oh....well a really long time.

Dangit...I meant to say "re-release" in my original post. I actually saw the Saga version once at Target and passed for some reason. And then I never saw it again. But thanx for the info and the link. You're right about the wind-up gizmo: very cool. I'd love to have a squad of those little things stomping around and picking off Clone troopers.

And that V-19 Clone fighter is pretty nifty. Looks like they took the T-16/shuttle Tyderium design and put the top stabilizer on the bottom. It also reminds of the E-Wing for some reason.

Sentinel18725
10-24-2003, 09:04 AM
If Kit Fisto is going to be doing some aquatic stuff....how about some aquatic clone troopers with little clone fins....swimming around with a little clone scuba gear.....or how about some aquatic battle droids (as ridiculious as that sounds)....a little change in the typical desert/snow/forest battle locations...

kool-aid killer
10-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Somebody mentioned battle damaged clones but i think a dead clone would be better. Just give him a permanent blaster mark somewhere on his chest and make him sprawled out. I dont think it would do well on pegs but if sold through an online retailer it might work. A better done battle damaged battle droid would work nicely if given a smashed head and removable parts like his arms and legs to throw around. I would love to see more Jedi who were briefly seen in the movie too. Preferably female and aliens.

darthzirock
10-30-2003, 12:01 PM
Well, before we knew it, we already got an unannounced new CW figure--the ARC Trooper Captain! Hopefully, Hasbro will eventually update the cards for this figure to reflect his rank.

darthzirock
11-01-2003, 02:56 PM
Have you ever noticed that the Hasbro site's Clone Wars section starts off reading, "As this terrible conflict rips across the galaxy, Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala, and Obi-Wan Kenobi are swept into the turmoil of war and the rising shadow of the dark side"?

So, where's the Padme Clone Wars figure???

Tycho
11-08-2003, 03:39 PM
I started a Dear Hasbro thread petitioning for the V-19 Clone Fighter.

Dang that's a cool vehicle!

The CloneWars website at cartoonnetwork.com has some other cool vehicles like the battledroid mini-sub from the battle of Mon Calamari and the Quarren crab-tank.

But the Clone Fighter is a must have. Go add your names to my post in the Dear Hasbro section!

Thanks!

Val Da Car
11-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Looks like Tycho saw the CW cartoon last night and was impressed.....not me l was drooling when I saw the the V 19's (and really glad I got extra pilot figures) preparing for takeoff....I really enjoyed the sounds used for Anakin's starfighter...it was almost like a aircraft carrier preparing to launch vehicles...

Tycho
11-08-2003, 05:03 PM
The sounds for Anakin's starfighter taking off was a track taken directly from his podracer! I'm surprised no one's mentioned that yet.

Val Da Car
11-08-2003, 05:31 PM
I did actually like the CW episode but the last minute captured the same feeling of hopelessness/lost love that was in TESB.

Great use of music and quick edits...

Very Well Done GT....

Banthaholic
11-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Last night when I saw the V-19 take off, I almost lost it.
Too awesome.
My girlfriend was wondering why I yelled out holy 'explective'. And I told her that she should have been watching, I was definitely impressed.
Hopefully these will be in E3 so we can have a better chance of getting one made into plastic.

darthzirock
11-09-2003, 03:37 AM
There's a CLONE WARS cartoon? Funny, I hadn't heard about it ...

darthzirock
11-11-2003, 12:50 AM
Now that we've seen the pix of CW Saesee Tiin and Kit Fisto (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=29714), as well as the Super-articulated Clone Trooper (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=29717), I think it's a pretty good bet that the Clone Wars line will get at least a fourth--and possibly a fifth--wave before Episode III toys start coming out in 2005.

While retailer response was lukewarm to Clone Wars, collector response has been huge. The basic figures and value packs have been flying off the pegs, in addition to the multi-packs--the lone exception there being the reviled Battle Launcher. :evil: Even the rehashed Command Gunship and Jedi Starfighters seem to be selling well at my local Target and TRU, with the Hailfire Droids and Geonosian Fighters recently debuting to swift sales.

If Hasbro does continue the line, considering the response to shirtless, ripped 'n' buff Kit Fisto, I'd say a fair bet for a figure would be an Underwater Assault Clone Trooper. Those things look awesome in the few pix I've seen from the Cartoon Network micro-series.

Tycho
11-11-2003, 01:49 AM
Yeah-Yeah. I want those, too! Uh-huh.

Seriously.

Meanwhile, I was thinking that putting an E1 Acc Set Jedi Robe on Kit Fisto, I might be able to make a half-way decent figure of him for my Palpatine's Office scene.

If I could close the robe sufficiently, so as to make sure he doesn't look like he has no shirt on.

I mean if I can't, should I put him with a toothebrush in his pocket?

Lounge-Lizard Kit Fisto custom! Yeah-Baby! Yeah!

Battle Droid
11-11-2003, 02:08 AM
I hope they make a Homing Spider Droid.

Hellboy
11-11-2003, 07:57 PM
If Hasbro does continue the line, considering the response to shirtless, ripped 'n' buff Kit Fisto, I'd say a fair bet for a figure would be an Underwater Assault Clone Trooper. Those things look awesome in the few pix I've seen from the Cartoon Network micro-series.

I agree completely. If the line does continue figures like that would definately keep people interested. I wonder if we'll see other cool Clonetrooper variations in the cartoon?

Val Da Car
11-11-2003, 08:22 PM
After seeing tonight's Clone Wars Episode (number 3) I felt like it was a three minute commerical for the Clone Troopers........I loved every minute of it!!!!!

A little tribute to BlackHawk Down and some very cool action that made the 3 minutes go by even faster....I LIKE IT!!!

amidalak
11-13-2003, 01:51 AM
here's a ?, why did we get that stupid little stand with cw yoda instead of the creature he rides in the cartoon? a non-animated version of that would have been sweet! here's hoping we'll see one of those down the road.

amidalak
11-21-2003, 09:00 PM
now that we've seen the first ten episode's, what do you guys hope to see if the line continues? here's my list, all figures in the realistic(?) style rather than the animated style:

1. the clone armored general obi wan! (with removable helmet and soft goods cape)
2. the creature yoda rides on in the first chapter
3. still want the female jedi's redone with soft goods and neutral poses
4. the clone spacefighter
5. asajj's ship
6. an armorless durge

keithfite
11-21-2003, 10:50 PM
I want all you mentioned realistic and

1. Underwater Clone
2. a cut in half Durge
3. a yoda with a cloak
4. the black droids w/speeder that ride with Durge

That would be cool. I cant wait for season 2

amidalak
11-22-2003, 12:17 AM
i forgot about the clone divers, i can't believe that!

darthzirock
11-22-2003, 12:43 AM
I want all you mentioned realistic and

1. Underwater Clone
2. a cut in half Durge
3. a yoda with a cloak
4. the black droids w/speeder that ride with Durge

That would be cool. I cant wait for season 2.

Those are IG-Lancer droids that battle on the speeders on Muunilist. They were the precursors to IG-88. Well, IG-88 A-E, if you count the EU stories of IG-88's creation. Anyway, yeah, IG-Lancers with speeders and great big ol' lances would be very cool. Think about it, all they would really have to do is re-use the IG-88 mold, make them in black plastic, do a little re-deco on the Speeders that came out last year in the Saga line with the Clone Trooper, and create a lance for them. They wouldn't have to bother with IG-88's bandolier, as the IG-Lancers don't have them!

I think a Durge with removable armor would be cool, and it could also have detachable limbs and a splitting torso--there, I just took two suggestions and came up with one very cool figure! (Is Hasbro hiring?) Yoda with cloak and riding a Kibbuk(sp?) would make a nice set. And, of course, the Aqua Troopers.

General Kenobi with Clone armor, removable helmet, and softgoods cloak, complete with Speeder Bike, battle lance and lightsaber, would make an excellent new "Ultra" set for Clone Wars. The Red ARC Troopers could be repacked with the twin pistols instead of the rifle, too, and given the proper insert with their captain's rank.

Luminara Unduli and Shaak Ti in less extreme poses would be very nice, but I doubt we'll see that happen in either the animated or regular CW lines. They are just too obscure, and the originals are still readily available (with the added bonus of over a year's worth of dust on the blistercards, too!).

I think we just might see a V-19 Clonefighter ship in 2004, as well as a repackaged Clone Trooper: Republic Gunship Pilot figure (minus the "firing turret" accessory). I'm not sure about Asajj Ventress' fighter, though. That might be a bit too big to make a decent pricepoint of $30.

Tycho
11-22-2003, 12:53 AM
Use IG-88 figures for the black droids. Essentially, that's what they were!

I too would like Obi-Wan in Clone Armor on a speeder bike! That was too cool!

Tycho
11-23-2003, 05:02 AM
Clone Wars Round 1:

Anakin
Obi-Wan
Mace Windu
Master Yoda
ARC Trooper - blue
ARC Trooper - red
Clone Trooper - Super Articulated
Kit Fisto - swimming
SaeSee Tiin - pilot
Asajj Ventress
Durge

Jedi Army Builder Pack 1
Clone Army Builder Packs 1,2,3,4,5 (white, blue, yellow, red, green)
Separatist Droid Army Builder Pack 1
Destroyer Droid Laucher

Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter (new)
Durge on Speederbike (new)
Clone Trooper on Speederbike (new)

Jedi Starfighter Green
Republic Gunship
Hailfire Droid
Geonosian Fighter

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Clone Wars Round 2!

Yoda on battle mount
Obi-Wan Kenobi in Clone Trooper Armor
Luminara Undulli - super articulated
Bariss Offee - super articulated
Adi Gallia - Jedi Pilot
ARC Trooper - yellow
Republic Gunship Pilot (re-release)
Durge "unleashed"
Darth Tyranus - super articulated
Darth Sidious - Hologram (re-release) with Spider Walker
IG (Intergalactic) terminator droid (IG-88 repaint, re-release) with lance

Jedi Army Builder Pack 2 (Wolfman Jedi, female human Jedi, Ishi Tibb Jedi)
Droid Army Builder Packs 2, 3, 4 (rust bds w. 1 red, rust bds w. 1 yellow, whi bd w. 1 blue)
Droid Army Builder Pack 5 (2 Super Battle Droids, 1 Destroyer, 1 rolled up Destroyer)
Clone Army packs 1-5 re-released

Battle Droid on under-water skiff (new) (sml vehicle)
Clone Fighter (new)
Asajj Ventress' starfighter (new)
Count Dooku's Solar Sailor (new)
Obi-Wan Kenobi's speederbike (new) (sml vehicle)
IG Droid on speederbike (new) (sml vehicle)
Quarren Isolationist League's Crab Cannon (new)
Squid Fighter Droids (new) (sml vehicle)

NOW THAT WOULD BE THE WAY TO HAVE A ROCKING YEAR FOR 2004!

It's hard to imagine a movie line with cooler toys!

darthzirock
11-24-2003, 02:15 AM
Clone Wars Round 2!

Yoda on battle mount
Obi-Wan Kenobi in Clone Trooper Armor
Luminara Undulli - super articulated
Bariss Offee - super articulated
Adi Gallia - Jedi Pilot
ARC Trooper - yellow
Republic Gunship Pilot (re-release)
Durge "unleashed"
Darth Tyranus - super articulated
Darth Sidious - Hologram (re-release) with Spider Walker
IG (Intergalactic) terminator droid (IG-88 repaint, re-release) with lance

Jedi Army Builder Pack 2 (Wolfman Jedi, female human Jedi, Ishi Tibb Jedi)
Droid Army Builder Packs 2, 3, 4 (rust bds w. 1 red, rust bds w. 1 yellow, whi bd w. 1 blue)
Droid Army Builder Pack 5 (2 Super Battle Droids, 1 Destroyer, 1 rolled up Destroyer)
Clone Army packs 1-5 re-released

Battle Droid on under-water skiff (new) (sml vehicle)
Clone Fighter (new)
Asajj Ventress' starfighter (new)
Count Dooku's Solar Sailor (new)
Obi-Wan Kenobi's speederbike (new) (sml vehicle)
IG Droid on speederbike (new) (sml vehicle)
Quarren Isolationist League's Crab Cannon (new)
Squid Fighter Droids (new) (sml vehicle)

NOW THAT WOULD BE THE WAY TO HAVE A ROCKING YEAR FOR 2004!

It's hard to imagine a movie line with cooler toys!

I swear to you guys, that goatlike thing Yoda's riding in Chapter 1 really is called a Kibbuk(sp?). Genndy Tartakovsky himself says the name in the audio commentary on CartoonNetwork.com.

I think the IG-Lancer and Clone-armored Obi-Wan would be just fine released as "Ultra" figures that come with their Speeder Bikes. No need for single-carded versions of these figures.

Otherwise, I pretty much would agree with everything on your list, except I don't remember seeing a yellow ARC Trooper. Are you sure it wasn't the Clone Pilot?

And, just think, all this came from just Chapters 1-10! Think about the possibilities in store for 11-20--especially once Padme gets involved in the action!

Hellboy
11-24-2003, 09:16 PM
And, just think, all this came from just Chapters 1-10! Think about the possibilities in store for 11-20--especially once Padme gets involved in the action!

Bring on General Grevious. :evil:

Kidhuman
11-25-2003, 01:00 AM
Is that rumored or defitnately getting made? I want the Obi in armor and speeder.

darthzirock
11-29-2003, 12:50 AM
Is that rumored or defitnately getting made? I want the Obi in armor and speeder.

Sorry, but this is all just speculation/wishful thinking on our parts. So far as anyone knows right now, the Kit Fisto/Saesee Tiin/Super Poseable Clone Trooper wave are the final assortment of Clone Wars figures.

darthzirock
12-04-2003, 01:27 AM
Bring on General Grevious. :evil:

That will be an interesting chapter, getting an advance look at the next major PT baddie--even if it is in stylized cartoon form!