PDA

View Full Version : Titan AE Micro Machines?

shinakuma43
10-23-2003, 01:17 PM
I saw a post somewhere about someone looking for Titan AE Micro Machines. At that point I didn't even know they existed and am still not sure. I haven't seen images of carded sets and can't find them anywhere on the web, I did see images of a couple Titan AE MM playsets, but they didn't show any MM vehicles. So, if they do exist I know someone here will be able to verify it and direct me to images (hopefully even have extras). I finally manage to get all four Men in Black sets, carded Indiana Jones sets (still not in my hands yet though) and now I find out that there's yet another seemingly impossible MM line for me to track down, lol.

From the post I was able to figure out that at least some of the Titan AE MMs are apparently suposed to be the same as some of the 1995 Futuristic Military MMs (Exterminator and Ramshead were mentioned).

Any info would be great.

Later,
S43

darthcarlos
10-24-2003, 01:09 AM
Hi, S43

I bought the playset during the time the movie came out. It's pretty much a playset in the shape of the Titan A.E. It came with 2 "micros", one was the blue transparent alien ship and and a round bodied space ship. The round ship looks like a real micro but the blue alien ship is bigger and it shoots a missile from the nose. It also came with four figures. I added a pic. Sorry for the quality of the picture. I could not find the playset or the blue ship, I have them saved in a box somewhere.

Later

Darth Carlos

Billy_Dee_Binks
10-26-2003, 09:17 AM
There were lots of cool Titan A.E. MM packs planned and even shown at the Toy Fair back in 2000. Check Leeīs Action Figure News& TOY REVIEWS #90 for lots of pics. I really tried to get these somehow but they never seem to have gone into production state. Itīs really a pity. I will try to scan them. Anyone who would post them?

shinakuma43
10-26-2003, 10:02 AM
Hmm, hopefully someone has issue 90 to scan in, I just went through my old mags and apparently my newest one, other than 118 or 119 [whichever one comes with the Incomplete Star wars MM reference guide], is 85.

Later,
S43

sicqnus
10-26-2003, 06:52 PM
Hmm, hopefully someone has issue 90 to scan in, I just went through my old mags and apparently my newest one, other than 118 or 119 [whichever one comes with the Incomplete Star wars MM reference guide], is 85.

Later,
S43

Here are the pictures of the Titan A.E. Micro-Machines playset prototype showed by Hasbro at ToyFair 2000. Not sure it have ever been produced.
Check the Raving Toy Maniac (RTM) archives for more infos.

good shot jansen
10-26-2003, 08:59 PM
got mine courtisey of vt several years ago.

the phoenix is a worthwhile mmm to have. particularly as the radials beneath the cowling are of glow in the dark plastic, and make the ship extraordinary to view in the dark.

the stinger vehicle, is actually a disapointment. even though it is a good representation of the drej stinger from the movie, as a mm it's a dud. the playset as a whole is ok, it has some interesting playability features, but when compared to other galoob playesets of the era, such as the royal starship repair playset, this titan a.e. one gets a 2 out of possible 5 stars. find the phoenix, and forget about the remainder imho.

Billy_Dee_Binks
10-27-2003, 10:56 AM
Here are some pictures from the Toy Fair in 2000:http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=1224&domain=figures.com&dom=fig&domain_id=4

Too bad they never gone into production.

vulcantouch
10-30-2003, 03:10 PM
bc3's got descriptive pix of both on his site (http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/sci.htm); for what it's worth, while i'm glad i was able to score gsj & myself a set of these easily & cheaply, now that i've seen both ships in person i doubt i'd lose much sleep over them if i hadn't, neither are really up to the mm standards we all hold dear :p
vt