PDA

View Full Version : The Six Million Dollar Man - Jim Carrey!!??

Beast
10-23-2003, 11:09 PM
Gah. For the love of god no. Why do they want to turn this into a comedy starring that overacting ham, Jim Carrey. That's just crazy talk. There's only one Steve Austin, and that's Lee Majors. Here's the horrible news from Cinescape! All I can say, for the love of god someone kill this project!! :stupid: :dead:

$20 million dollar actor to play THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN
Jim Carrey attached to play Steve Austin

Dateline: Wednesday, October 22, 2003
By: PATRICK SAURIOL
By: News Editor
Source: Dimension Films, Variety

After making Universal Pictures bags of cash with BRUCE ALMIGHTY, the Dimension Films has convinced Universal Pictures to co-finance their long-in-development project THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN with Jim Carrey attached to play the lead role. Todd Phillips (ROAD TRIP, STARSKY & HUTCH) will write a new script and direct the film, which should go into production next year. HELLBOY's Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin will produce the film along with Scott Faye.

While the original ABC TV series was an action-drama, Carrey's SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN will be envisioned as a comedy. "The teaming of Jim and Todd is the perfect creative combination to launch the SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN franchise," Dimension Co-Chairman Bob Weinstein said in a press release. "Todd is a director with proven instincts and Jim is a superstar."

Given that Carrey is committed to star in two more films and Phillips is writing another comedy with Scot Armstrong at the present time, it will likely be at least two years, if not more, before Carrey's version of Astronaut Steve Austin, a man barely alive and rebuilt with technology, lands in theaters.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
10-23-2003, 11:43 PM
*Boooiiiinnngggg* Six Million Dollar smartass Jim Carey leaps into the frame- "Alllreaddy then", gives a rediculous smirk, before audiance gets up and walks out.

"We can rebuild him, Faster, Stronger, more of a Smart Alec then ever!"

Please tell me it's not true. While I do enjoy some of Mr. Carey's movies, I hardly think Jim is Bionic enough to pull this roll off.

Beast
10-23-2003, 11:56 PM
*Boooiiiinnngggg* Six Million Dollar smartass Jim Carey leaps into the frame- "Alllreaddy then", gives a rediculous smirk, before audiance gets up and walks out.
You forgot projectile vomits, before gets up and walks out. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
10-24-2003, 12:08 AM
I say bring it on. Hollywood enjoys taking horror classics and ruining them, why should classic tv be any different? :crazed:

darthvyn
10-24-2003, 04:42 PM
the original show wasn't a comedy? :confused:

after a while i get tired of hearing that something was a classic, just because it's old. the show was nothing spectacular, so i can't see it get "ruined."

basically, they should stop re-makes. that won't happen, but i really don't see this as ruining anything.

and jim carey's a better actor than lee majors...

JediTricks
10-25-2003, 08:01 PM
I predict this will be the Inspector Gadget movie all over again.

Beast
10-26-2003, 01:34 PM
I say bring it on. Hollywood enjoys taking horror classics and ruining them, why should classic tv be any different? :crazed:
I don't know, atleast most re-makes stay true to their source material. They didn't make Texas Chainsaw into a comedy. Or the upcoming Dawn of the Dead. That's the whole point. I agree with JT, sounds like they're trying to make Inspector Gadget, without owning the rights. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
10-26-2003, 03:32 PM
I'm just not seeing how casting Jim and making this film more of a comedy is really a bad thing. Maybe when the show was new it was a fine action/drama at its best, but when you watch it today....well, I'll let you come back with your own conclusions on that. as vyn said

basically, they should stop re-makes. that won't happen, but i really don't see this as ruining anything.