PDA

View Full Version : General Grievous confirmed

plo koon 200
10-24-2003, 11:02 AM
This was taken from a screen capture on the offical site of a page that has not been published. This page was taken down but TFN managed to get a screen capture. The page is a summary of all 20 Clone Wars episodes. Check out episode 20 at the very end.

Toad
10-24-2003, 11:34 AM
Is there a link?

plo koon 200
10-24-2003, 11:42 AM
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=/episode3/newspics/os_grievous.jpg

Sorry for not posting this earlier. Look at the very end. #20.

James Boba Fettfield
10-24-2003, 11:45 AM
ooooooooooo!

Jargo
10-24-2003, 08:25 PM
That's not a confirmation at all. It's EU. Just because something happens in the cartoons suddenly it's a confirmation of some fan's rambling 'spy report'?

True lucas will have some elements in the cartoon and the movie coincide but the cartoon is Gendi Tartatovsky's interpretation of events and not a lot to do with the movie currently in production. This to me smacks of the whole EU kerfuffle brought about when a certain red clad extra was seen for about two seconds in episode one and suddenly every fan decided that she would be in episode two playing a majot part because she 'starred' in a comic book.
Utter nonsense.
The organic process of filming that Lucas now uses means that anything can or will be manipulated so many times and so easily that characters can be digitally replaced at whim. Whatever lucas thinks works at process beginning may turn into a dud with the beginning of post production and he may not have digi characters locked down until near the completion of the movie.
The name Grievous is ridiculous for being so literal. It sounds to me that the Lucas ministry of misinformation has been at work to attempt to spoil the spoilers. It's like the whole Blue Harvest thing over again. I seem to recall back then false information was 'leaked' out to the media to waylay and confuse prying 'spies'.
What is starting to unsettle me is the willingness some folk have to believe anything and everything that TFN say or report. Or for that matter any of the 'news' sites.
These places are pumped up on their own self importance and egos. Tabloid reporting styles and anonymous tip offs are definately not trustworthy. Or credible.
As far as I'm concerned this whole movie is sealed inside a vaccuum that none of us will be privy to enter until the seal is broken by LFL themselves.
It's the finale of the trilogy and therefore security is tight. These so called extras divulging info don't know what they filmed or where it fits in. They don't have access to scripts and if you consider that scripts change daily, movies are shot totally out of synch, principle photography is simply for large scenes where there generally isn't much dialogue, there generally is a lot of noise and a lot of movement. I wouldn't trust anyone's info who only did a days work and can only provide a vague idea of anything that went on during that day. Probably spent most of their time in the extras bus.
After the leaks from Fox Sydney on AOTC LFL clamped down on security and prosecuted people for theft of storyboards and script etc. They aren't about to let info slip away quietly. They'll now be using tried and trusted staff, script security will be watertight. Storyboards will be safely locked away.
So any insider scoops in my opinion are LFL trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes and having a darn good laugh at the people who take them seriously or simply a case of fans getting very inventive and wanting some sort of kudos boost.

Back to the cartoons, They're LFL sanctioned but that doesn't mean they're canon officially. An alternate and parallel excursion. The real clone wars happen offscreen mostly. EPIII is the end of the wars. The wars themselves are irrelevent to the saga. Just as the cartoons are to the movies.

plo koon 200
10-24-2003, 08:36 PM
I think it at the very least confirms that Grievous will be in the Cartoons.

[DSS]Pedr0
10-25-2003, 12:59 AM
Actually, Lucas is using the PT EU as canon to fill in the story he doesnt get to get on film, its pretty much any game,book, comic or otherwise will be taken as CANON! Regardless of non EU lovers, thats just the way it is NOW.

Jargo
10-25-2003, 09:17 AM
Yeah, cheap.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Well, if a new character appears on the very last episode, then he'll have something to do with EIII. Besides, we heard that the new bad guy would be in the cartoon, and Asajj dies.

plo koon 200
10-29-2003, 06:47 PM
Here is a supposed pic from TFN of General Grievous. http://cgi.theforce.net/image.cgi?Image=/episode3/newspics/possible_grievous.jpg

I think it is a big Vader ripoff and will truly, truly hinder Vader's impact for sure. That is of course assuming that all this General Grievous stuff is true.

Jargo
10-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Oh for the love of baby cheeses, I think someone wants to be seen as an ace comic book artist.

y'know, i once had a conversation with someone where they tried to tell me that the prequels couldn't be right because it discounted the EU backstories of characters like Boba Fett and Anakin Skywalker and Obi wan et al. That the EU was the star wars bible so to speak. I tried to point out that it was simply a way to spin more money out of fans but she wasn't having any of it.
I gave up speaking to her because it was clear she was a star wars evangelist. Believing everything that she'd read was lore. Well, Lucas makes it up as he goes along but even he isn't dumb enough to shove something as ridiculous as that Grievous idea into a movie.
This is as ridiculous as people throwing hissy fits because some hack writer wrote a story about Aurra sing being a bounty hunter and then she wasn't used for AOTC. Remember the whole 'Aurra sing will asasinate Shmi Skywalker' bunkum? The 'Palpatine is Anakins father' nonsense? I say this is all in the same over zealous fanboy imagination vein and should be soundly ignored.
There are some strange people out there who convince themselves that things they dream up are true. Pity the fantasist.
We all know how George likes to get fans psyched up to think a bad guy will be cool and then it turns out they have three minutes screen time two lines of dialogue and most of their fight scenes get cut away to nothing.
If Grievous was in the movie it would be a bit part. A glorified extra.
Most likely the character in the cartoons has been considered as a possible for the movie and abandoned in favour of something less - well, cartoony.
The story doesn't need any more sidesteps, it's mostly about the characters we know and their journey to the edge of everything.
This whole Grievous thing is an unimaginative concoction of fantasy and other movie rip off. Terminator, Space truckers and any other sci-fi stinker you can think of.
As much as I dislike George Lucas' way of pastiching old movies I don't feel he would stoop this low unless he was really really wanting to **** off the fans and put star wars to sleep once and for all. he can't afford to do that. There's more riding on this movie than his ego.
Grievous is a turkey of a notion. And as I've said before it's either designed to throw people off the scent regarding the real plot or it's simply fanboy fantasy.

Tycho
10-29-2003, 08:55 PM
I'll agree with Jargo and Plo Koon: I'm not a fan of General Grevious yet.

The other thing I want to know is why a Droid Army needs a flesh and blood field commander.

The whole point of having droids do your fighting for you is to make strategic decisions safely away from the battlefield.

What kind of an idiot would hire on for such an assignment, leading the droids, anyway?

I guess they need fools (like Darth Maul?) to deal with the Jedi element in all of this?

That would explain Maul, as well as Durge, Ventress, and Grevious.

But Grevious' appearance does lessen the impact of Vader. Or perhaps it helps muddle his identity as Anakin Skywalker since Vader does look like someone else?

But if you were going to go that route, have Obi-Wan Kenobi have a New unstable apprentice.

"Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine before he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi. He betrayed and murdered your father."

Well, we know Grevious is not a pupil of Obi-Wan's.

He should have done this a different way.

plo koon 200
10-29-2003, 09:36 PM
You know what, the more I look at the picture and even consider that is what Grievous may appear like in EIII saying he does appear, the more I begin to dislike what may become of EIII. I really hope this Grievous crap is something made up because if it isn't the character just looks like a piece of crap and will make the whole movie a piece of crap. Most everything else but the Grievous stuff I have heard actually sounds somewhat good.

2-1B
10-30-2003, 03:01 AM
Well, Lucas makes it up as he goes along but even he isn't dumb enough to shove something as ridiculous as that Grievous idea into a movie.

I hope you're right. :cry:

Remember the whole 'Aurra sing will asasinate Shmi Skywalker' bunkum?

Ahhhhhhh, yes. :happy:
And then it turned into "Aurra Sing will assassinate Shmi Skywalker while impersonating a Tusken Raider. :D

darthzirock
10-30-2003, 03:54 AM
You know what, the more I look at the picture and even consider that is what Grievous may appear like in EIII saying he does appear, the more I begin to dislike what may become of EIII. I really hope this Grievous crap is something made up because if it isn't the character just looks like a piece of crap and will make the whole movie a piece of crap. Most everything else but the Grievous stuff I have heard actually sounds somewhat good.

I think it was a post on TFN that mentioned that the Darth Vader armor would be made from bits and pieces of other armor that we see throughout Episode III. So, seeing that concept art sketch on TFN yesterday, showing what looked kinda like Vader combined with a Clone Trooper (notice the fin sticking up from the helmet?) might actually confirm the cobbled-together armor idea.

What an appropriately scary bit of news, considering it's almost Halloween! :eek:

plo koon 200
10-31-2003, 11:10 AM
Here is a link to Clone Wars cartoon artwork. In the center below Asajj is someone that is not Durge but guess who. http://www.inlandempirestrikesback.net/cwb8.jpg I think this pretty much gurantees that Durge will be at least in the Cartoon. I must admit that the cartoon incarnation is not as bad as that last photo we saw.

Tycho
10-31-2003, 01:53 PM
I saw a droid in that picture that looks a lot like IG-88, too.

The 'Xir
10-31-2003, 02:14 PM
I second everything Emperor Jargo said and more!!!
TF.N :rolleyes:

plo koon 200
10-31-2003, 04:26 PM
Yah I noticed the IG-88 also, Tycho, I didn't give it much consideration. Probably something Gennedy wanted to throw in since he is a big fan. I doubt it will mean anything for EIII.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2003, 06:42 PM
Wait, Rick or somebody said the new bad guy will have white armor, so even if he looks like Vader he won't ruin it too much. But from the looks of it, he won't, and he looks (IMO) pretty damn cool. Hopefully that IG-88-like droid will be the new droid in Episode III, but I doubt it. I wonder what Durge and Grievous sound like?

darthzirock
11-03-2003, 04:11 AM
Isn't it possible that IG-88 is in the cartoon? After all, he was built during the Clone Wars. If it isn't IG-88, it's most likely one of a host of other IG lancer droids http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/iglancer/index.html, or perhaps one of three other IG-88's programmed by the original http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/ig88/?id=eu .

Jargo
11-03-2003, 05:46 AM
Yes and it's entirely possible that this is the new droid Obi-Wan battles that is more badass than a droideka or battle droid and it's also entirely possible seeing as we never actually saw the IG droid do anything in the movie that this is the EU crossover character. Which would make a lot more sense than some lamebrained cyborg nonsense.
An army of IG droids as sentries would be really cool. They already have a basic battle droid CGI model to reshape into an IG droid and use the same jaerky movements. And it would be very cool to finally see the thing move.

The 'Xir
11-03-2003, 06:54 PM
I had forgotten that McRicK said the new bad guy would have white armour! Hhhhhmmmmm, possibly more evidence that the new bad guy could be Boba Fett! Let's see...T. Morrison is back for Ep3 but his character hasn't been Identified yet! DHC's created that whole backstory about Boba Fett once being a Stormtrooper and killing his superior officer! We probably will see an amalgamation of the CT and ST armor for Ep3, and we know it's possible for Boba to go back and take some of the hormone drugs and possible growth accelerators to "come of age" if you will! So, we may very well see DHC's EU play out on screen! Hhhhmmm? Possible? Yes! Likely...No! Hey let a guy dream! :zzz: :stupid: