PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Masks & Helmets

Jayspawn
10-24-2003, 10:14 AM
The new Star Wars Insider has some great pictures of some Helmets coming out, made by Rubies. Now in the past Rubies has made some pretty cheap and low quality Star Wars merchindise. But these Helmets on the way look amazing! Their 1st wave will consist of Jango Fett, the Clonetrooper and Darth Vader. Each will come with a padded lining inside as well as a display base. Thats pretty spiffy! I'm looking into getting these to add to my collection, so...

Who else already has Masks or Helmets in their colection? Which do you have?

Don Post made some pretty good ones in the past, Of those I picked up Boba Fett, Scout Trooper and the X-Wing. A Darth Vader and Stormtrooper are next on my list.

[DSS]Pedr0
10-24-2003, 10:21 AM
The new Star Wars Insider has some great pictures of some Helmets coming out, made by Rubies. Now in the past Rubies has made some pretty cheap and low quality Star Wars merchindise. But these Helmets on the way look amazing! Their 1st wave will consist of Jango Fett, the Clonetrooper and Darth Vader. Each will come with a padded lining inside as well as a display base. Thats pretty spiffy! I'm looking into getting these to add to my collection, so...

Who else already has Masks or Helmets in their colection? Which do you have?

Don Post made some pretty good ones in the past, Of those I picked up Boba Fett, Scout Trooper and the X-Wing. A Darth Vader and Stormtrooper are next on my list.
WHICH INSIDER??? #???? :confused:

Jayspawn
10-24-2003, 10:26 AM
The new one with Han Solo (Harrison) on the cover.

[DSS]Pedr0
10-24-2003, 10:31 AM
The new one with Han Solo (Harrison) on the cover.
DAMNIT!! I must have glanced right over them!!! WHEN ARE THEY COMING AND IS THERE A PRICE RANGE YET??

Jayspawn
10-24-2003, 10:36 AM
I guess they're coming this fall I don't think it said when yet. Theres also no price set either. The Rubies website doesn't help unfortunatly. :(

Exhaust Port
10-24-2003, 08:07 PM
Any pictures of these on the internet anywhere for those of us that don't get the Insider?

Jayspawn
10-24-2003, 10:29 PM
I don't know. I just saw them in the magazine. Anyways, Rubies website looks like it was designed by a 2-year old.

[DSS]Pedr0
10-24-2003, 11:57 PM
As long as they are EXCELLENT, i'll buy them too :D

Exhaust Port
10-25-2003, 09:36 AM
What helmets are they making this round?

Jayspawn
10-25-2003, 09:38 AM
Darth Vader, Jango Fett and the Clonetrooper. :evil:

Exhaust Port
10-25-2003, 09:58 AM
Oops, I saw that you already included that list in your first post.

Is the quality of these going to be better than their last attempts. The Tie Fighter helmet looked like crap.

Jayspawn
10-26-2003, 12:07 AM
If you're able to check out the pictures in the Insider, go for it. They look pretty damn good. The Vader helmet looks MUCH better than Don Posts.

bobafrett
10-28-2003, 06:39 PM
Check out this link. Not sure what your willing to spend, but I think they offer some quality looking helmets.

http://www.vegatransports.com.au/AustralianStarwars/body6.html

Hope it helps!

[DSS]Pedr0
10-28-2003, 06:46 PM
Check out this link. Not sure what your willing to spend, but I think they offer some quality looking helmets.

http://www.vegatransports.com.au/AustralianStarwars/body6.html

Hope it helps!
Damn thats STEEP!!! wowza!!

Jayspawn
02-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Wow, those are cool but very expensive.

I accidently won a Stormtrooper helmet off Ebay a week ago and it arrived yesterday. Its a Don Post Helmet that had a lot os scratches and marks accros the dome and the back which I removed with nail polish remover -came right off. One of the lenses fell off durring shipping which I'm going to reattach after I'm done fixing it up. It'll be my new hobby for now. I've decided to rework the mouth and give it an actual mouth as seen in the movies rather than the sticker Don Post gave it. I also completely removed the foam circles on the side of the helmet. Why they were there I dont know.

Does anybody know where I can get some helmet decals? I've done some searching without any luck.

bobafett07728
02-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Does anybody know where I can get some helmet decals? I've done some searching without any luck.

I've seen some people use black electrical tape, cut to the shape needed. Looked dead on.

bobafrett
02-26-2004, 12:30 PM
I have a place, but I'm trying to find the link. This guy makes helmet replacement stickers for the Stormtrooper helmets. I think I have it bookmarked, but I haven't found it just yet.

stillakid
02-26-2004, 11:32 PM

I accidently won a Stormtrooper helmet off Ebay a week ago and it arrived yesterday.

How exactly do you "accidently" win something off of Ebay?

Jayspawn
02-27-2004, 12:02 AM
Easily. They usually sell for a good $ and on one auction I bed very low expecting that somebody would outbid me and nobody did. :p

Thanks for the link Bobafrett, I'll check that out!