PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever use the chat room here?

Wolfwood319
11-30-2001, 01:09 AM
Does anyone here ever go to the chat room. I check it everyonce in a while, but no one is ever there?

GNT
11-30-2001, 01:35 AM
I would lkie too but the times i've been nobody is there!

bigbarada
11-30-2001, 08:59 AM
:confused: You mean this isn't the chat room????

Rollo Tomassi
11-30-2001, 10:15 AM
My computer always locked up the very few times I tried going in there so....plus the forums are close enough to chatting for me. this way someone with a long post can make all their points without being interrupted before he is finished.

master jedi
11-30-2001, 11:48 AM
Nobody is ever in the SSG chat rooms hen i go in there. I remember there used to be several people in there when the chat opened up.

If you realy want to chat with somebody just look in their profile on these forums and get their ICQ number or MSN or Yahoo name or something.

Jargo
11-30-2001, 04:44 PM
I wandered in once or twice but it takes ages to load up and the thought of trying to talk to more than one person and keep track puts me off. chat rooms just seem like so many people all shouting at the same time and no-one ever listening to what anyone else has to say. Either that or two people in a crowd trying to have a one to one and everyone else simply interrupting them so much they get mad and have a go at everyone.

So the answer is no. :D

JediTricks
11-30-2001, 10:31 PM
I used to use the chatroom all the time, but it became a huge chore because it required ALL of my attention to get a discussion going since it was realtime. It was fun, but it was too time-consuming and then we got these new kickin' forums with the private messaging. Part of what I like about the forums is (generally) nobody is stepping on anybody's toes during conversation and you can divide your attention away for as long as you like, come back, and be able to follow what you missed easily in a linear fashion.

LTBasker
11-30-2001, 10:38 PM
SSG still has a room? I thought they did away with that awhile ago...

I used to always go there, I remember when they had a Kevin J. Anderson chat and a Phil Brown chat, that was pretty cool. The bad part was though that there weren't many moderators in there during the time it had the most traffic so there were alot of people in there harassing others and such but it was fun at times. :)

Obi-Don
11-30-2001, 11:21 PM
I tried it a few times but I think I like it better here.I'm not the worlds fasted type so it takes me way to long to talk in a chat,so I'll just hang out here.

SirSteve
12-01-2001, 12:21 AM
I could always integrate a chat into the forums...

;)

GNT
12-01-2001, 01:35 AM
My computer crashes evertime I've been there so I no longer go which is a pitty :( but its not like anyone will be there anyway ;)