PDA

View Full Version : Storming Episode II: Dave Young

GNT
11-30-2001, 05:00 AM
Sheets of rain pour down from the gloomy skies, buffeting a city built on stilts over a churning ocean. A distant cry of an aiwha is drowned out by the angry hiss of a lightsaber and the shrieking reports of blaster fire as a knockdown, drag-out fight occurs between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jango Fett.

If you haven't already checked out the article about Dave Young at the official site check it out here (http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/feature/20011128/index.html)

You'll also see a picture of the back of Zam Wesells speeder :)

Thoughts???

Co Jo-Da
11-30-2001, 12:53 PM
Man this fight is going to be AWESOME...

And Zam's Speeder looks so cool, I like it better than Anakin's Speeder...

Jargo
11-30-2001, 06:08 PM
Well that's good then because we're going to be inundated with ickle bitty toy versions for years and years and years...

Seriously, it is a nice design sort of. I like the hotrod speeder but for the front end which just looks like reused podracer engines to me. I shall still snap up the toys though.

Anyway the article was interesting in that it dispelled my fears about CGI rain. At least there is some real effects in the movie.
But judging by the trailers, the editing on this movie is so fast you can hardly see what's going on between Obi and Jango. I hope there's some breathing space in the fight scenes to actually mentally regroup and digest what's happening before spinning off to another location or whatever.

So the flying whales are called... AIWHA. that's imaginative...... wonder how many tortured days they spent trying to come up with that one. Oh hush my cynical sceptical mouth. I'm spoiling it for the love anything star wars cult.....

GNT
12-01-2001, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
So the flying whales are called... AIWHA. that's imaginative...... wonder how many tortured days they spent trying to come up with that one. Oh hush my cynical sceptical mouth. I'm spoiling it for the love anything star wars cult.....

Where was that mentioned?

Jargo
12-01-2001, 09:24 AM
If you go back to the article and reread the first paragraph or so it says in the description of the scene opening that rain lashes the water city and an AIWHA struggles against the wind and rain. Something along those lines anyway.

Apparently, according to another site somewhere... the AIWHA are in the wildlife of star wars book by Bob Carrau and Teryl Whitlatch. They originated on Naboo and were bred by Gungans. Odd that they appear on Kamino then Teryl... :) Obviously Georgie poo shifted the goal posts after she published the book making her look silly and misinformed. nice one George! ;)

Oh, and by the way - get the wildlife book it's a fantastic addition to the bookshelf. :):greedy: :cool: :p

GNT
12-01-2001, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
If you go back to the article and reread the first paragraph or so it says in the description of the scene opening that rain lashes the water city and an AIWHA struggles against the wind and rain. Something along those lines anyway.

Thanks, I must of missed it when I first read it,d'oh!