PDA

View Full Version : Any word of Liam Neeson on the set?

scruffziller
10-28-2003, 09:38 AM
With all the rumors going around back in the day of him returning for EPS 3 thought something would have turned up by now.

Jargo
10-28-2003, 10:45 AM
Liam said recently in an interview that he wouldn't be back. He's basically trashed the prequels and dissed the movie making process so adored by lucas - bluescreening and digital imagery, so that would be a big insult to over sensitive LFL . Even if he were slated to be re-used I doubt he'll be asked back now that he isn't kissing LFL butt. Good for him I say.

he's also said that he considers his stint on star wars as a less than stellar performance. Mostly due to acting with bluescreen and things that aren't there.

His death and the force and the disappearing act will be explained in EPIII but that doesn't necessitate a reprisal of Qui-Gonn's role. It only needs a brief segment of dialogue from Yoda or Obi-Wan to explain everything.

JEDIpartner
10-29-2003, 02:37 PM
Jennifer Saunders plays Liam Neeson really well (Rob Roy and TPM spoofs). Perhaps they should ask her to step in if they REALLY need to have a Qui-Gon bit in Episode III. :crazed:

Turambar
10-30-2003, 12:20 AM
Liam said recently in an interview that he wouldn't be back. He's basically trashed the prequels and dissed the movie making process so adored by lucas - bluescreening and digital imagery, so that would be a big insult to over sensitive LFL . Even if he were slated to be re-used I doubt he'll be asked back now that he isn't kissing LFL butt. Good for him I say.

he's also said that he considers his stint on star wars as a less than stellar performance. Mostly due to acting with bluescreen and things that aren't there.

His death and the force and the disappearing act will be explained in EPIII but that doesn't necessitate a reprisal of Qui-Gonn's role. It only needs a brief segment of dialogue from Yoda or Obi-Wan to explain everything.

Wow, Liam really said all that?!
I thought he was the one saving grace of TPM delivering the only believable performance out of the whole cast. Even though I don't agree with his force philosophy, I thought QG was the only character that really let the audience into the depth of his character.
I do think the PT acting has been hurt by lack of props, real characters, and not being able to see the whole script to develop character from, though. Good for him, but I was looking forward to seeing or hearing from his ghost.

2-1B
10-30-2003, 02:41 AM
I read the report at TFN which quoted the same stuff from Liam as Jargo did.

When TPM came out he made all the rounds drumming up the hype for the movie and describing in awe the scenes where he had to interact with Watto. Now he's honest about his opinions.

Meh. :)

The 'Xir
10-30-2003, 12:43 PM
Well that just can't be, because in all his scenes with watto, he was interacting with a real live actor who was digitally removed later for those shots! I think you guys need to lay off the rumor mills especialy if it comes from TFN! I wouldn't trust anything said on that website! If you read it in PRINT yourselves well then fine, but otherwise you mind as well be watching soap operas for your daily news! :rolleyes:

Toad
10-30-2003, 12:55 PM
I personally find it hard to believe; I would have thought that people as smart as Lucas and McCullum would have bound Liam contractually for all three movies.

2-1B
10-30-2003, 01:07 PM
No Xir, the actor only rehearsed those scenes - he was not digitally removed. Just like with Jar Jar, they had to imagine where the digital characters would be while he or she called lines off camera.

TFN cited an interview from which they took Liam's quotes but I don't feel like going back to find out where.

The 'Xir
10-31-2003, 02:01 PM
No Offense Caesar, but I don't think that is entirely true! And with what you have said I'm sure they did rehearse with the actor, but I think he was also filmed in some shots! And I know Ahmed best was Filmed and removed! Basically, anytime you see Ahmed wearing that black visor over his face/eyes, he was filmed and then digitallly enhanced or removed! I mean come on, If they can remove an actor(playing Jabba) from a scene filmed over 20 years ago and put a digital character in his place, why not do it with an actor today?! Especially seeing as how it must be cheaper to do now then 6 years ago! The reason to film the live actors is so the actors line of sight matchs up! And that way you don't have to do as much tidious matchwork with markers!

2-1B
11-01-2003, 02:34 AM
Of course it's possible to erase actors and put in their digital counterparts. :)

Watch the behind the scenes of AOTC on DVD and they show a perfect example of Rena Owen aka Taun We going through the Obi meets Boba scene.

And then you'll see them do it again as Rena literally hides off camera to deliver her lines.

Boba Fetish
11-01-2003, 11:10 PM
Well I learn something new everyday. I always thought there was an actor there the whole time and was digitally altered later. I never heard of anyone shouting lines off camera as the actors stared at nothing or having alien actors just used as visual props to guide the animators on where to weave their magic. Funny, if there were times that the actors were interacting with nothing then some of the stiff acting and expressionless dialogue makes more sense. I had been blaming it entirely on the writing and the profile of the characters personalities this whole time.